• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Fate of Creation

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Kenji takes a few sips from the offered drink, appreciating its cooling effect in contrast to the southern heat and regards the group of Exalts gathered around, inside the hut.

"Allow me first of all to say that I am truly happy to see Chosen of the Unconquered Sun, Luna and the Elemental Dragons living and training together in harmony, as it was in ancient times. You've heard our names, from my esteemed companion, lady Valeren Drommond. We are Exalts as well, Chosen by the Maidens of Destiny, Celestial Incarnae akin to Sol Invictus and Luna. We reside mostly in the Heavenly City of Yu-Shan and keep an eye over Creation. To do our work effectively we must usually remain in the shadows, in order to observe, gather information and advise properly the other Chosen - as was our original duty - as well as avoid the direst threats against Creation until we are prepared to strike effectively.

Unfortunately, our Fellowship was deceived, betrayed and caught off guard by a ploy perpetrated by the monarch of the Scarlet Dynasty and the Ebon Dragon, one of the fallen Primordials, entrapped in Malfeas. She's back in power in the Realm and has the support of strange and powerful exalts as well, aiming to assist the aforementioned Yozi in breaking free from his prison and unleash him upon Creation once more, with catastrophic consequences. Their power and influence allowed them to gain entrance to Yu-Shan, trap my late colleagues and exterminate almost all of them. Jontom here is the only survivor from that massacre and can attest to the truth of those events.

Lady Valeren and myself were fortunate to receive a warning from one of the Maidens, managing to avoid said disaster, alert and mobilise Heaven's forces and rescue Jontom. Much of the damage in Yu-Shan should be contained by now, but the enemy grows stronger and surely prepares to take the next steps towards their ultimate goal of freeing the Ebon Dragon and ruling over Creation alongside his co-conspirator, the Scarlet Empress herself.

Therefore, as the last remaining Chosen of the Maidens, we are duty-bound to seek those Chosen of the Gods who are still loyal to the preservation of Creation and wish to uphold freedom and order against the threat of Yozi tyranny and destruction. I assume that my late colleagues found and recruited you in the past, training and preparing you methodically, grooming you to rise once more as Lawgivers and Stewards of Creation. Some things may have been kept from you or revealed gradually, in order to keep you focused on achieving your goals.

Truth is, that the time of casual training and study has come to an end by necessity. We are here to tell you that perilous times are upon us and the chance to prove yourselves and claim your rightful place among the heroes of Creation has come. Our plan is to gather all of you who wish to stand with us, assess your strength, knowledge and power, do what we can to enhance it further as we simultaneously work hard to uncover the Enemy's next move, and mount a proper response".

There is a bunch of mixed reactions to the three of you, ranging from disbelief that such a thing is even possible to excitement at the chance to actually do something besides meditate to increase Essence and train on how to use the various gifts of the Unconquered Sun and Luna. Finally, one of the young Solars asks, "Um, not that I'm not anxious to help, but just how can we face the entire Scarlet Empire now? It was bad enough when the Empress was missing and the Wyld Hunt was in chaos; now you say that she's back and has plans to open up the very gates of Malfias?!? I mean, all of Creation has seen the image of the Empress in the sky, saying how she's 'cleansed' the blight of Thorns from the face of the earth with her power. How can we stop that?"

Another Exalt, obviously a Lunar with his many Moonsilver tattoos, grumbles out, "Don't be a coward! This Demon Empress has Malfias on her side? Well, we have all of Yu-Shan on ours! The Exalted of the past were more than sufficient to kill many Primordials and lock the rest of them up. How can we not stand before this traitor to Creation? Obviously, we will need help, but every army starts with one figure with a plan." From the way he's talking, you'd have to guess he's a Full Moon and quite anxious to join in righteous combat. "We must send word out far and wide for all Exalts to come forth to join together in this Army of Creation. Anything less than that will just end up with us dead, and I for one am not ready to roll over and die."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back