• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Fall of Heaven | Interest Check

Purity

Nebulous Member

THE FALL OF HEAVEN
Hell has won.

Nobody thought that it would ever happen. To see the darkness in the world, the very representation of all evil, the home of countless demons and damned souls, completely obliterate the very bastion of hope and light itself? Not even the demons in Hell would’ve expected it to happen.

And yet, it did, with grave consequences on the world. When Heaven was desecrated, the clouds that it held to keep it stable became loose, cursing the world into an eternal winter. Cracks in the earth opened to reveal the depths of Hell, unleashing countless demons and horrors on the world. Where the castles of four kingdoms once stood, four enormous monstrosities exploded onto the surface of the planet, each hailed by the denizens of Hell as their gods. The human population was scattered, but those unlucky enough to have been close to these impact points became the slaves of their new demonic overlords, constructing altars and other massive structures to anchor the power of the four demon gods.

That was close to a century ago. The earth has healed, but the nightmares it had unleashed were here to stay. News of what was happening in the domains of any of the four demon gods was now nonexistent, for venturing onto their territory was a death sentence. The remainder of humanity has grouped together in small villages, or travel the harsh, frozen world in bands, fighting against the tides of demons and other monsters that now roam the land. And prayers are always said, prayers that reach out to the sky, even though many despairs that there is no one left watching over them, no light remaining.

But there are. Angels continue to watch over the land, waiting for a chance to strike back against the forces of Hell.

Stripped of their source of power, the precious few angels that were on earth at the time of Heaven’s fall lost their angelic forms of light, and gained a mortal, human form. Some unknown force had put each to sleep, so that they may slumber while the world changed for the worse. But now, they’ve awoken. And they seek nothing more than to avenge the fall of Heaven, and the deaths of their brothers and sisters

HEAVEN AND HELL
Heaven was once a fortress of the sky, a place where pure light in the forms of angels lived in perfect harmony. Invisible to the eyes of mortals, Heaven was a city of unimaginable splendor, with buildings made of precious metal that defied the laws of physics interwoven into the pristine clouds that was ever-present in Heaven. It was said that when mortal men of noteworthy piety or faith died, they would reside in a special hall set aside for them in Heaven.

Angels are beings formed of light, and typically clad in some form of armor. The only denizens of Heaven, they have watched over mankind since the beginning, and occasionally appeared in times of great need. They served one greater being that they called Elohim, and tried to limit the influences of Hell. There are three main “choirs” of angels, each further divided into individual groups known as hosts.

The Ophanim are the first choir, and are primarily known as messengers, but when engaged in battle they’re a fearsome opponent, using the light to cast illusions and tricks to outsmart the enemy. There is nothing faster than an Ophanim angel, and frequently an Ophanim angel streaking across the sky is mistaken for a comet. An Ophanim has four wings.

The Cherubim are the next choir, and they’re the ones who primarily answers prayers, and are also healers to mortals and fellow angels. They can use the light to cast out sickness, or banish haunting spirits and other creatures with malicious intent. In battle, they primarily serve as a medic, and as a general supporter, using magic that strengthens and defends those that the user wishes to be protected. Cherubim are distinguished by the traditional two wings.

The last choir is known as the Seraphim. The Seraphim are the stalwart protectors of Heaven, and when needed, troops to defend Heaven and mankind from harm. The Seraphim are the middle ground when it comes to magic, as they sometimes use dark magic to understand their opponents and gain an unexpected edge in battle. The Seraphim have a large array of six wings, but lack the mobility of the other two choirs.

Before Hell existed, there was a place known as the Void. The Void was a primordial manifestation of the shadows in the world, and eldritch abominations wandered this dimension, seeking light to devour. While it was extremely dangerous and known to drive even angels insane when they ventured into it, it never really overlapped with the real world.

When humanity spontaneously came into being, they were pure and good. Yet somehow, a corrupting influence spread through them like a plague, causing them to commit sins and countless other evils. These actions had enormous gravity upon the world, creating another dimension that used the Void as its foundation: Hell. Hell was all of man’s worst qualities and fears made into a physical form, and its relationship with man allowed its inhabitants to sneak into the mortal realm. Eventually, they gained enough power to invade Heaven itself.

Demons come in many different forms and levels of power, each a manifestation of the sins of man. Some are sentient and capable of speech, while others are simply abominations of terrifying power. Regardless, they've always haunted the mortal world, as residing in Hell meant constant pain and suffering. Those few demons who could harness this pain as sustenance would become much greater than the rest, and this was how the four demon gods came into being.

THE MORTAL WORLD
As of now, the mortal realm has been covered in snow and frost, and with the legions of demons that had wished to escape from Hell now unleashed on the surface, dangers and trials of the most extreme form await those that wish to travel beyond the few villages in the wild that are actually safe.

With the fall of Heaven, there are four races that dwell upon the mortal realm. Humans, cowen, shadari, and Angels.

Cowen are a race of shapeshifters, not very large in numbers and hunted by humans. This is because they feed off the life essence of other creatures, and humans have the strongest essence out of anything aside from angels and greater demons. Nobody knows their true appearance. Fleeting and shy, cowen have their own branch of magic based on illusions and deceit.

Shadari are a race of humanoid beings that typically reside in the coldest of regions. Aside from their shades of hair ranging anywhere from white to black, and skin color anywhere between deep indigo or dark violet, their features are fairly close to a human's. While typically a bit shorter, they have two very long, slim tails that ends in a large diamond shape, which is extremely sharp. Humans have had close to no contact with shadari, as they only appear to those lost in their territory to lead them out safely. They can speak the human tongue perfectly well, but the ones encountered have never spoken. Only now as winter grips the lands do they come out of their homes, driven out by hordes of demons. Shadari have an innate talent for certain forms of shadow magic, but not much else. They make for exceptional warriors.

Humans and angels alike can use magic, however while human magic is weaker than angelic magic, the magic of angels requires faith of man to use. With Heaven destroyed, angels need faith of nearby humans to properly use their magic.

Angels can, aside from manipulating the light on a basic level, also use a branch of magic that differs from angel to angel. This branch of magic must be based on the light, for example instead of just pyromancy, usage of holy fire, unless the angel is in the choir of the Seraphim.

All angels have been stripped of their heavenly form. This means that only in times of great faith can they even unleash their wings, let alone their full forms of light.

RULES
As I think of them, I'll add them here. But for now, my most basic, but essential rule.

My biggest pet peeves are improper grammar and incorrect spelling. I can't explain to you why, but when I have to read sentences that are suffering from terrible grammar, it completely turns me off and makes me want to disregard whatever is written. And I understand misspelling things, because we're all only human and make mistakes constantly, but please keep it down to the occasional word. I'm here to RP, not try to figure out what a word means.

Phew. I got that out of the way. Oh, and try not to post one-liners. They're unexciting, and are often times really hard to respond to. Thank you.

Feel free to ask any questions in the comments below!

code by spookie spookie . thanks for this streamlined look!

Last edited:
Of course. I mean, you're the first one to reply. XD I'm still considering how many people I'm letting in, regardless.

Yea xD is there going to be a cs thread to apply for this rp? I'd love to get my hands on this!

Yep. But I'm going to be making it once a). I've decided on number of people and b). there's more interest.

I'm going to advertise this one more time, and then I'm going to make an OOC chat. Stay tuned for that.

-Raises hand- I would be rather interested in this. Because it seems awesome and I'd hate to miss out on it.

I've decided the number of slots. There are 10 slots available, not including me. Six of these have been filled. Four remain.

I'm interested, but also curious about something. It says angels lost their angelic forms and can only resume them if surrounded by faithful humans. What happens if the majority of the characters are like devout paladin humans? Couldn't the angel character(s) basically be in angel form at all times?

This is quite an interesting read. Im not sure how good I can be in this story, but I’ll give it a shot.

Everyone can contribute to a story if they only try. :)

I'm interested, but also curious about something. It says angels lost their angelic forms and can only resume them if surrounded by faithful humans. What happens if the majority of the characters are like devout paladin humans? Couldn't the angel character(s) basically be in angel form at all times?

Yes, if an angel was surrounded by not even devout paladins, but just people who believe, they would constantly be in angelic form. But you have to understand the situation right now. There are some who wish that there are still angels, and then there are some who don't. They're happy with the current state of the world. Angels can't just go around trying to convince everyone that they're angels. Which means that the angels now essentially appear as normal humans. On top of which, Heaven has abandoned the world to hell for at least a century. Do you think people are still willing to believe, considering their generation was born into a world of snow, desperately trying to survive? Their parents likely lost faith as well when everything that they hold dear was burned and ravaged to the ground in front of them.

TL: DR, it's kinda hard to be faithful in a world full of demons. Good question though!

Everyone can contribute to a story if they only try. :)

Yes, if an angel was surrounded by not even devout paladins, but just people who believe, they would constantly be in angelic form. But you have to understand the situation right now. There are some who wish that there are still angels, and then there are some who don't. They're happy with the current state of the world. Angels can't just go around trying to convince everyone that they're angels. Which means that the angels now essentially appear as normal humans. On top of which, Heaven has abandoned the world to hell for at least a century. Do you think people are still willing to believe, considering their generation was born into a world of snow, desperately trying to survive? Their parents likely lost faith as well when everything that they hold dear was burned and ravaged to the ground in front of them.

TL: DR, it's kinda hard to be faithful in a world full of demons. Good question though!

Ok so, then an additional question. How limited/powerful is faith? Like, is a single devout follower enough to keep an angel in angel form all the time? Would you need an entire group to empower one angel?

While all the slots are now taken, I'm still willing to listen to those that really wish to join!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back