• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Fall of Balance (Still need one more!)

GossipLink

I drink coffee, oh and I love my fish waifus :>
Since the dawn of time, two forces controlled the flow of the universe. While their original names have long since been forgotten, they have been named in more modern times as Yin and Yang. These two beings have been guiding the entire expanse of the cosmos, under one strict law. The law of Karmic Balance. For every positive reaction, an equal negative reaction is put into place to keep things balanced. Same goes for every negative reaction, being equalized by a positive reaction. The two beings always enforced this rule. Yin would balance out every negative action, with a positive one. While Yang would equal out every positive reaction with a negative one. This went on for thousands of years, till a certain species came about, humans. Till these creatures arose out of the dust, nothing had a sense of morality. But these new peculiar beasts intrigued the long since dormant deities, very much.

These creatures, with their sense of right and wrong, they were the only things to have an understanding of karma similar to Yin and Yang. The next few thousand years kept the twins confused but at great interest with this species, but it wasn't until the humans developed religions and beliefs did they lose all understanding they had acquired. Humans seemed to inherently have the ability to sense deities. Like they held an inner base knowledge of the supernatural. A few prophets came about, and they all held a different belief of various gods. But a certain group of people began to seem to grasp Yin and Yang themselves. How? No idea. But they did. These people truly believed in the laws of Karmic Balance, and knew there were beings who controlled it.

It was a few hundred years later, that we in counter another important event. You see, there was a certain abnormality one day. A boy. He somehow defied the rules of Karmic Balance, having performed evil deeds with no punishment. Let me explain this before going on any farther. Yin and Yang are in a forever dance with one another, constantly keeping the balance. With every twirl and step, they maintain the rules set in place. However, even if their 'celestial bodies' are in this forever dance, it doesn't mean their consciousnesses are. So as a by-product, they don't communicate any more then a few thousands years apart. So they don't often know what the other is doing. So when Yang noticed this boy, she became enraged with Yin.

Thinking her sister was taking some form of favor to this young human, Yang stormed her sister's conscious. After a long heated discussion, Yin refused all accusations. But she did agree to fix the situation right away. However...it took almost an entire earth-length day of pure concentration to correct the issue. Understand, there shouldn't be any issues to correct as it is, and it took a whole day to fix it. Something was very wrong. It would be another hundred years or so till another abnormality occurred. This time a girl, who broke the rules of balance by somehow receiving gifts and experiencing good events with no negative outcomes to balance it all out. This time, it was Yin who became furious with Yang.

Yin assumed her sister was getting some form of revenge on her, for the event a hundred years ago. Once again, after a long argument, it appeared this was yet again an abnormality. However, it took almost a week to correct the issue this time. Not to mention, it left Yang almost exhausted with the effort. Slowly over the next five hundred years, these abnormalities became more and more common, to the point where there were nearly fifty of them. At this point, the twins gave up talking to one another for they just assumed these people were abnormalities, and not one or the other trying to acquire some form of revenge. At the year of 2014 however, it became apparent to both of them that they had to do something about it.

But neither were fully ready to do anything drastic about it, till...it happened. Their celestial dance began to get interrupted. A once unimaginably beautiful tango, began to get halted. The floor of the room slowly grew cracks, and large jagged rocks began to break through. While the duo danced around them, it became obvious there wouldn't be much more floor, or room, to continue the dance. If it were to be fully stopped, the rules of Karmic Balance would collapse. And who knew what would happen then? Now, there was no time to wait.

They met, and talked for a very long time about what to do next. And though they had varying opinions on what they should do, eventually it was decided they would...join the humans. By that, I mean they agreed to assume physical human bodies to investigate these things face to face. As their celestial bodies were stuck in their forever dance, and their consciousnesses could only allow them to battle the broken laws on a spiritual level. So going in on the physical plane seemed to be the only logical thing. This is where are story takes place.

Hello! My name, is the Gossip Link. If you haven't read the above text, I suggest you do so. If you have, then what did you think? That's going to be the plot of the story, in case you hadn't guessed. Before going into detail on how this all will work, let me set down the requirements for joining.

This RP is going to be Detailed. That should give you an idea right off the bat of what I expect of you. You need to be capable of long posts, that contain depth. A minimum of one and a half paragraphs is required for each post. (Descriptions of what's going down, plus the 'half' for possible conversations.) I expect you to be capable of at most five paragraphs, for some of your longer posts. I'm not looking for literary geniuses, god knows I'm not. But you should have at least an average collage-level worth of skill. (Which most are more then capable of achieving in high-school.)

There aren't many rules, I suppose. Other then no Mary Sues, no god-modding, and things of the like. I mean, it's an entire RP based on Karmic Balance! It should be clear that things have to be evened out, even for Yin and Yang~

Romance is allowed, with no restrictions on my end. But of course, follow the site's rules!

Now these next few things aren't necessarily rules, nor requirements. More so just what I'd like from you. If you can post at least once every two days, that would be great! Trust me, the more you can post, the better. But if you can post a minimum of one reply in the span of two days' time, that would be perfect. I normally would make it a rule to post at least once a day, but lately IRL has been interrupting my time on this site. So I myself may take up to two days to make a reply, depending on the situation of course.

I would prefer if you lived in the United States. More specifically, around EST. I only ask this, because that's the time zone I live in. So if you did as well, or were close, it would make coordinating our posts much easier. But again, this is just something I'd prefer. It's not a rule, nor requirement~

Now that all of that's over, I'm sure you want a bit more detail on how this RP is going to work. Well I'm going to throw a bunch at you in the spoiler below this, so be prepared. (It's not really that much, but I'm trying to peak interest here. Give me a break...)

In this RP, there will be four spots available. Now I know what you might be thinking, "Four spots? But Yin...plus Yang...is only two?" Don't worry, your math is not wrong! But...there are four characters. So in this case, who are these other two? Well my dear, let me tell you~

Yin and Yang will find, that they can't really maintain a physical form. At least not permanently. No, on their own they can only last at most a day before the body disappears, leaving the deities exhausted. It then takes a good three or four days to recover. So obviously they will need to find a way to keep their forms if not permanently, at least to last a good long while at one time. Thankfully, they already figured out how...for the most part, at least. The twins realized they needed a 'host' to maintain their physical bodies.

Now what a 'host' is, is someone who's soul is abnormally powerful. Powerful enough to supply the needed energy to keep the twins bodies active. However, not any person will do. The twins have to each find a specific person, someone who fits them perfectly. Only then, will they be able to maintain their physical forms for endless amounts of time. Needless to say, this is where the RP will officially start, with the twins still looking for their perfect matches. The people they 'take for host' will be almost like a mini version of Yin and Yang.

As Yin represents the good in everything, the positive reactions of the universe, so would her host. Same goes for Yang. Since she maintains the balance of karma in the sense of negative reactions, she would need to find someone who is the same. Get the idea now? These two people are what make up the four spots. Now, I use the term 'host' lightly. Because the twins don't posses like a demon or angel. No, more so they just feed off the energy of their host. And no, it's not deadly to the hosts. Well...it can be if the twins get to greedy with how much energy they take. But that shouldn't happen...

Now here's the kicker. This RP is going to be full of magical butt kicking. (Get why I said, 'the kicker' now?) Here's the the thing; as these abnormalities become more common, and the twins fail more and more at correcting them, the balance of the universe itself get's screwed up. So it causes some...creatures to arise. These creatures have little restrictions in how they appear, so it could be werewolves, vampires, demons, or things similar to creepy pastas. So during this RP, there will be a lot of fighting with these creatures.

How would combat work? Well, Yin and Yang can fight in pretty much anyway you want them to. They could use raw magic to fight, or summon bad ass weapons to slay things with. Perhaps even elemental magic? Like I said, the possibilities are endless! As for the hosts...well you see, magic is not a thing normally in this universe. So no humans have any magical capabilities. However, for the sake of the twins main hosts, their power kinda rubs off on them. So the hosts themselves gain the ability to use magic. Again, this is in nearly endless ways. However, their magic would be more based on support. As Yin and Yang would do most of the fighting, they would need enhancements, healing, etc. So that's what the hosts would be there for.

Now don't forget, this is the first time Yin and Yang have ever been in human form. Even though they would've been looking for their hosts for sometime now, they wouldn't have pretty much any experience in being a human. So keep that in mind! The awkwardness will be immense, as not only do they themselves not have any experience in human form, they also wouldn't understand human emotions perfectly either. Or well...pretty much anything humans do, would be a confusing mystery to them. Don't forget that! Also don't forget, that none of them have used magic before. So all four of them would be new at that.

The only other thing to note, is the goal of this RP. Basically, the twins are trying to investigate these abnormalities as much as possible, to figure out what is causing them. Hint, the twins may not be the only deities out there...

So, hi! That's all I got to tell ya, so this is my end message I guess...what did you think? I tried to put in as much detail as I could, without spoiling anything. So if it seems something is missing, or out of place, it's there for a reason~ Anyways, PM me, or post below if you're interested. Also let me know what spot you'd like to fill. Both Yin, and Yang are taken. And Yang's host is taken as well. If anyone is interested in being Yin's host, let me know~

Last edited by a moderator:
I likes it!

So I have one question. What do you mean by college grade writing? You have seen mine already, am I all good.

I'm going to let Rantos decide who he wants to be, mostly because he wanted to join first.

Ok, since I don't really mind if my character get Yin or Yang. I do fine with either of them.

Im cool with being Yang's host. Lucky me, the spot I wanted was the only spot left.

Perfect then~

I'm heading out to dinner right now, when I get home there's some stuff I would like to discuss.

Okay guys, I'm back! Sorry for taking so long, some things came up.

So! To discuss some stuff. First let me start by asking, any questions?

So Yin and Yang need to consume energy from there hosts to sustain themselves, but they consume an amount that is safe for the host. Can Yin and Yang forceable take more energy, and if so, what happens to Yin and Yang, what happens to the hosts?

Good question! (And one I was prepared for~)

Yes, the twins can forceably take more energy. If they do, they would become much more powerful, depending on how much they consume. But the laws of Karmic Balance still affect even them.

So while the twins will become stronger, the hosts would slowly start to die depending on how much is taken. If only a little more then normal is taken, the hosts can recover after a certain amount of time. But if a ton of energy is taken all at once, it can permanently harm, or even kill the hosts.

Cool, cool... I guess my only other question is when can I get started on my character?

I'll have the main thread, and CS Sign Up set up either tonight or tomorrow. But I'll certainly try for tonight!

Hmm. I hadn't really considered that as an option...but I don't see why not? However, unlike the twins, hosts couldn't forcibly take energy. It would be up to Yin and Yang to give it to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back