• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Fall of Aetherynn [Open]

upload_2017-7-9_11-28-8.png
Liam watched as the dragon fled and he hoped that the small thing went some where safe and wasn't stupid enough to stay. It was to weak to fight and it would be destroyed by the others if it came back. He was also afraid that the others would recognize it and question him as to why he didn't kill it.

He began to walked to back to the others, preparing to join their fight. As he walked his scythe was dragging behind him. He could hear the panic in the air and the sound of heavy machinery being fired. He could see the faintest silhouette of a dragon causing mayhem and destruction. There was so much death all around him, he could hardly contain himself. He would defiantly have his work cut out for him.

As Liam got nearer to the battle he picked his scythe up so and tossed it over he shoulder so that it was no longer dragging on the ground behind him. He could see Lucius. The man seemed to be panicking and rushing to give orders. He was doing everything in his power to bring the dragon down and restrain it. He Liam approached him and looked him over. "That beast seems awfully powerful. It would be a foolish to go in their head first." It might not have sounded like it but Liam was stating why he hadn't joined the battle yet. "Perhaps if the beast was relieved of it's wings, it would loss its range and be less effective."

Liam patted the man's head and then he began towards the battle. Staying out of range of the lightning and looking for some sort of weakness he could take advantage of.​
Whisker Whisker Dak Dak

Adonis
legacy_by_realtense-dagblcx.png

The human who initially decided to attack Adonis now fired two arrows, an attempt to change her course of attack. Unfortunately for him, he was playing with the most agile dragon in all of Aetherynn. She continued on her flight path as two arrows flew towards her with the intent of piercing her milk colored hide. A hiss crescendoed from her chest and she opened her mouth, just in time to catch the shaft of the two arrows between her two rows of curved teeth. She turned her head, catching the man's eye as she tightened her jaws, snapping the arrows in two, a clear threat.

The men were beginning to retreat upon the bold man's signal, abandoning the horses of their wounded. Adonis would have to catch them and remove the leather and metal the human's had fastened to them after this ordeal was through. Perhaps one day wild horses would populate the grassy plains to the East. It would be the only good thing that would come out of this senseless bloodshed. The static in the air increased as Zerontyr, her ally in this battle, let loose a neon burst of electricity upon the caravan Adonis stood by just moments before. Her heart clenched, the men within hadn't attacked her at all, and this is what they got. Then again, they most likely new of the small army that fired a flurry of arrows at the electricity dragon, so Adonis did not step in. She watched with a heavy heart as the caravan charred and splintered. As the lightning died out, Adonis brought her gaze up to Zerontyr. The white dragon's heart ached at the sight. Arrows pierced the battleworn dragon's hide like thorns. Most of the human's were focused on the stormy dragon rather than Adonis, who was a much harder target to spot and hit. At one point in time Zerontyr could have claimed the position as the swiftest dragon, but war had taken a huge toll on the fearsome dragon's body. Adonis respected Zerontyr's dedication, and even looked up to her in some ways, but Zerontyr was a dragon of tradition, and she followed in the mistreatment of the deformed Adonis. Zerontyr, like all other dragons, fell into Adonis' facade without a second thought, and that was a shame, just like it always was.

Determined to save her fellow dragon from the flurry of arrows that chased her through the sky, Adonis, a child of the wind, flew below the lightning dragon, flapping in place as she released a wave of powerful winds from her inky black mouth. The flurry of arrows, unable to overpower the wind that spilled from Adonis' lungs, turned back, falling like a lethal rain back on to the fleeing men. Adonis hoped that the fleeing men could run faster than their own weapons.

Keeping her deformed foot protectivly beneath her normal front foot, Adonis joined Zerontyr, flying directly above the black dragon. "Are you alright?" she asked. "I can help pull out the arrows, or find Naturas to help if you'd prefer." Adonis suspected the latter. Why would any dragon want the help of Adonis, she was a marvelously talented flier and much more intelligent than the common dragon, but she has bad blood. Adonis pushed back the resentment thoughts like these brought. It wasn't Zerontyr's fault she saw Adonis in such a weak way, it was just a cruel behavior taught to all dragonlings.

Kabboom Kabboom Trappy Trappy

Vaeros exhaled softly at Gurtan's remark about what he usually built. "I understand, Gurtan," he responded, his deep, rumbling voice calm despite the tension that hung around from earlier that day, "But you have more building expertise than most. Any little bit can help in this situation. Granted, I do not think any of us are used to building weapons." He twitched his ears to bat away at some bugs that were buzzing around the area. The noon heat brought many swarms of insects into the fray, a rather irritating aspect of the land they lived in. The warm, temperate climates made it easy for different types of insects to massively reproduce, and the usually mild winters did little to cull the population. Vaeros noted with watchful eyes that the grass soon gave way to the dark lava flows of the String of Fire. They were nearing the nest, and the lack of fruitful plant life showed this perfectly.

It didn't take long for Vaeros to enter the nest and move deeper into their volcanic home where Fall was waiting. It appeared the small earth dragons Vaeros had sent her way quickly reported for duty, which made the alpha dragon quite pleased. He loved efficiency in all sorts of manners, and their quick reaction to helping Fall out with her eccentric request was no exception. The blue dragon made his way down to Fall's obsidian platform, standing tall in front of the mother dragon. "My queen, I have returned with some extra help," he reported, "Where do we start with this 'weapon'?"

Yonsisac Yonsisac fuil fuil
Fall was seen carving glyph and writing in dragon language on the obsidian wall,keeping what she knows on record but as well working on "theory's", as she was busy doing some SCIENCE, the small dragons began to work on a 4 feet deep small rectangular like area, digging out the obsidian and putting it aside as they made the hole. It was not large but neither small but of mid size, best way to compare it is the size of a dump truck. But as fall was busy she soon heard Vaero speak to her, immediately turning around with a smile she saw Gurtan and Naturas with him. "Splendid! Splendid! oh i a glad to see you three here, earth dragons of great admirable intellect, thank you Vaeros now let me see..." Fall trailed off as she looked at the carved up wall, pointing one corner of the room empty from objects that once where organized in perfect order, they where now in a large pile in the back of the room where they could not bother anybody. "We must carve the device, in the ground, there we shall pour the molten metal and let it form..." She said walking towards where she pointing looking towards the small dragons and whistling, 3 of them would rush towards her as the rest began to dump anything "Metal" in the newly crafted hole: chunks of torn vehicles, damages steel beams from torn buildings , metal objects such as chairs or stoves where thrown inside slowly filling it up.

The small dragons that went towards Fall began to "Mark" where to dig, it was ring in shape, With a crude circle and a smaller inner circle. "My dragons, you must dig the designated area, WITHOUT digging off the inner circle, only the ring around it, as well try to make it as fine as possible and not crude as it is" She said looking towards the wall once again, the finished product should look like a hole but with a pillar in the middle of it, that was just the start, once the hole was dug out, the walls must be refined and polished to make sure all is well. "This will be the main part, the primal solution, the ultimatum of the project, it must be done with most perfection possible understood?" Fall made herself clear befor looking at the group of 3 dragons.

"Gurtan my dear, you are by far the strongest earth dragon here, it would be best if you would be the one to dig out the fissure, remember, try your best not to pass the inner circle, it must be intact, you will lay the foundation in words. Vaeros, precision and experience will serve well, would be kind of you to remove any errors left behind as Gurtan digs, any bumps,miss perfections or errors on the walls should be removed, but as well help gurtan dig, his size will surely interfere with the layout, you will be there to assists" Soon she looked at Naturas as her leafs and green began to wither away, dying from the heat as it began to fall off like skin of a snake, revealing the bright green dragon under it, Naturas began to slowly remove the dead plant's off herself but it dint bother her one bit, she could just grow them back once not in the volcanic chain, but oddly the lily pad did not die off, it was still very green on her head, wait did she even know the lily pad was fire resistant or something? she could not see so would be hard to tell.
"Naturas watch over my children...as you are to do so" Fall said rather bothered as the green dragon dint hesitate as she knew it was rather...her fault..."Yes Mother", Replying only to walk out of falls personal research room and on to the nest watching and caring for the young.

Fall soon began to do her side of the project, spewing large amounts of red dust in the "Melting" hole, metal still being thrown in it as fall began to fill it with dust at the same time, giving the room the shiny appearance.
ProjectMischa ProjectMischa fuil fuil

Gurtan nodded at what Fall told him to do and watched were she marked the ground. "If I must." And as soon as she was done he went over and began to dig away at the indicated area careful not to breach the inner circle an yet keeping the walls and floor smooth. "Huh, this is almost exactly like digging my nap holes." He said as he yawned. "How deep should I make it?"
Yonsisac Yonsisac ProjectMischa ProjectMischa

Kazimir
It all happened in within a few seconds. An enormous beast, its scales as black as the night sky flew over their heads. Flick, an arrow whooshed above his head towards the white dragon blocking the rocky path. Whoosh, the arrow was blown back towards the direction whence it came with an unrelenting, powerful wind, terrifying the horses of their carriage and forced Kaz to let go of the rifle and cover himself. Such power - He thought. Again, he had a strong experience of the dragons' might. He felt pathetically insignificant.

But what the hell happened?

Suddenly the white dragon flew up, and shot towards the opposite direction. Kaz's eyes followed it, and so did the carriage's turret. It appeared there was another group. They were the ones who fired that arrow, and they sure got the attention of these two dragons. Pity them.

Golden opportunity for us.

The path was clear, Kaz whipped the horses and got the carriage moving again. Too much was happening. They did not come here expecting a fight on their hands. Kaz threw away the bitter tobacco roll and yelled at the horses, rushing them.

"We should help them! We need to turn back, use our gun!"

Marco probably meant the people with arrows - Kaz thought. They are a perfect decoy for us to get away safely, why would we bother risking for them? After all, it was them who fired the first shot. And so the young cadet's question went unanswered, and the young boy did not have the gut to demand any.

The black dragon suddenly turned towards their carriage, ignoring the arrows being fired at it. It shot towards them with extreme speed, opened its jaws and unleashed a blinding purple blast towards the helpless carriage.

"FIRE!" - Pavlov yelled.

There was a deafening sound as the energy blast hit the carriage and the turret gun fired. The carriage shook to intense impact. The carriage was covered with a thick screen of dust. Kaz turned around, half of the carriage was charred due to the blast. Marco was holding his left hand, badly burnt, letting out muffled cries with a shocked, terrified look on his face. Pavlov quickly turned to the cadet and treated his wounds.

We lost the boy, he isn't going to recover.

Kaz looked up cover the carriage to see the black dragon, hovering above them, menacingly. Pavlov's shot obviously missed, and this thing isn't going to give up on them easily. Kaz's turned back to his two comrades again.

"Leave him! Load another shot, we need to cut this thing off our tail!" - He yelled at the gunner.

Pavlov quickly manned the turret again, loading a fresh shell into the gun breech, and fired. There was a flash from the gun's muzzle, sending dust everywhere. Kaz looked up to see the white dragon, hovering above the black one which attacked them. The shell cut through the air towards the creatures, exploding above their wings and releasing shrapnel.

Gurtan nodded at what Fall told him to do and watched were she marked the ground. "If I must." And as soon as she was done he went over and began to dig away at the indicated area careful not to breach the inner circle an yet keeping the walls and floor smooth. "Huh, this is almost exactly like digging my nap holes." He said as he yawned. "How deep should I make it?"
Yonsisac Yonsisac ProjectMischa ProjectMischa
Fall was busy but as soon she heard Gurtan she cough and whince, taking her breath back after all the dust and replied in a rather rash voice as some one was sick "Don't you dare sleep in there...or i will pull you out and place you with the young for you to sleep with" She said jokingly as she chuckled and soon answering his question "hmm...around 17 feet,its appropriate length i need" She said as she looked at the last object of metal, a brave toaster, get dump in the pile of dust and metal, placing her claw on the edge of the "pool" and scraping it against the obsidian, causing sparks and as one touch the dust, a massive blazing furry erupted, looking like pillars of red flames, turning the metal in to red heated chunks that would soon melt and turn to sludge, so far so good and Fall smiled as it was working, actually she wondered where was her brother, what would he be doing this time he is taking so long?

ProjectMischa ProjectMischa fuil fuil

Aaron

What the hell is this thing? First, my arrow, now these Skyboomers did nothing? And such speeds, too. I could barely cling onto my horse as it flew past. It hissed at me as it broke my precious arrows. I think it hates me. I should've probably caught on to that sooner.

But now, our attention must be turned to the Quiet Bolt, who is taking a fair amount of hits, with arrows sticking into its thick hide, not penetrating, but still, a sign that we are fighting back. It seems like it's about to change, however. The wind dragon is quickly moving to its side, and is using its wings to deflect our arrows back at us.

We make haste, halting our archery and forcing our horses to run max speed to avoid our own arrows. It seems that we've made it, but one unlucky guy, with a horse that was partially electrified by the electric dragon's pass earlier, couldn't make it out of the flurry of arrows. I glanced back, just in time to see him get hit in the leg by an arrow, screaming as his horse recoiled from the arrows, jumping up to its rear legs, and the poor guy fell backwards, his remaining leg still stuck on the saddle. He was limp from the impact, but the horse's panicked stomping sealed his fate.

This is not good. I see some guys try to head back for him, but I grudgingly wave them off. "Leave him, he's dead!" before continuing my run. I was stuck in my thoughts. We're losing so many men. I'm not even sure if the rest of us can make it out alive.

During my train of thoughts, I almost missed the cannon round detonating above the Quiet Death, releasing shrapnel down into it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zerontyr

Zerontyr flew with determination, putting her wings to the test for the first time in ages. She could feel the slight tickle, a tingling sense of numbed pain, as one arrow after another stuck to her thick, purplish black hide. She gave out a roar, as she batted her wings, shaking off a decent few that was stuck to them.

She looked around, and spotted Adonis, the clumsy little girl, flying over to her. Adonis flew underneath her, blowing the arrows back. Zerontyr slightly scoffed at her efforts, but secretly thanked her for her aid. The arrows have been quite annoying. Adonis then spoke up.

Zerontyr thought about this for a while. Adonis, due to her clumsiness, might not be the best candidate when it comes to picking out arrows, but then again, her relationship with other dragons, including Naturas, haven't been that well, either. She takes up too much medicine than Naturas can provide.

She opened up her mouth to answer."Grrrsure. Pick them out fgrrror me." But in the corner of her eye, she saw a blinding light. In reality, it's just a small flash, but her Night Vision amplifies light so much more. She could hear a small 'pop' sound accompanying it, too. A big 'boom stick' that the humans use.

She spread her wings as wide as she can, and flew into Adonis, forcing her to descend. A big explosion occurred just above Zerontyr, sending painful shrapnel into her top. She howled out in pain. Amidst her angered and pained howls, she hissed out a threat at the humans, and immediately flew for the wooden vehicle.

Tia was standing below the ballista unit when she felt a sharp then tearing pain in her wing. She looked over to see a bolt impaled into the ground, and a hole in her wing. She tensed up only for a few seconds before letting out a large, loud screech. She felt something boil up from deep inside her, and that would be her pure, unadulterated dragon rage. She had used it once before, but it never came out this quick, or felt this strong.

Almost like the lightning she spit out, she blinked to the top of the building. "Death comes..." She said before letting out a lightning strike that obliterated anyone or anything inside it's cone. She heard some tinking before a explosion went off, sending her onto her side.

Adonis
legacy_by_realtense-dagblcx.png

A large metal capsule tore through the air, launched from the silvery cannon atop the half charred caravan. Adonis, too distracted with offering her aid to Zerontyr, noticed it too late, but Zerontyr caught it just in time. The black dragon's large form moved to exist in the space Adonis had previously been, forcing the white dragon down. She shielded Adonis from the shrapnel that rained down upon them, letting out cries of pain as the hot metal bit into the stormy dragon's flesh. Adonis grabbed onto Zerontyr, pulling herself closer to her until Adonis' head was over her shoulder. She let out a mighty burst of wind, forcing the rest of the falling shrapnel away from the two dragons. "Kill the man on their weapon and destroy it, even if you have to ram yourself through the entire caravan. If you hear the bang, move. Be careful, Zerontyr." Adonis said and pushed away from Zerontyr, who was now making a dive bomb to exact revenge on the caravan. Adonis would move to do the same.

Sheathing her feathered wings against her body, Adonis allowed her body to shoot towards the ground like a bullet, gaining more and more speed with every passing second. Just before her body splattered across the earthy floor her wings reopened, leveling out her body as she raced towards the caravan. She dodged it at the last second, her whispy blue eyes trained on a different target. Adonis snatched up Kazimir, her front claw ripping itself into the fabric of his outerwear. "Lets see how well his men do without a leader", thought Adonis as she carried him into the sky. "Why are you attacking the nest? You don't have the gunpower to attack us, so what are you trying to do?", Adonis hissed, peering down at him. Her deformed foot snagged apart of his shirt, helping her keep hold. It's twisted and splayed form was a sore sight, but it still helped her keep ahold of him, albiet her grip wasn't as strong as she wished it was. "Tell me why I shouldn't drop you." Adonis ordered. The human lanuage felt foreign on her tongue. Her voice was thick with the Draconian accent, but rang like a chime in the wind. An angry chime in the wind. She wouldn't drop him. Maybe. She was furious about them hurting Zerontyr, so she had very little patience for the bloodthirsty humans.

These were not the good humans she wanted to help. These people, like the man Adonis held as she soared into the clouds, were not the kind that wanted to coexist. How could she help a human that wanted her dead? Adonis knew when to draw the line, and she had drawn it long ago when the small human army began firing at the war battered Zerontyr.

Kabboom Kabboom Trappy Trappy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back