• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Fall of Aetherynn [Open]

Percy sighed and crossed his arms. He took a sip form the coffee. "You're right we can't leave it be... But what if we hold off on sending anyone there till we can comb through the research. The old text we recovered on dragons... Give it two weeks... If we find something, then we send a research team there... if not, then we wait till we can find some information." Percy hated that idea. It meant that he was going to be cooped up in the lab for a couple weeks. He took a sip of the coffee.

He looked at Alva. "We're gonna have to run this past the leaders, and the generals... You know Lucius is gonna hate this..." He looked at the map. He knew that him and his troop of deadly killers were in the city. Everything he heard about The faceless was that they were a ragtag bunch that enjoyed killing dragons, and loved the challenge. "Do you wanna write it up and deliver it to our esteemed leaders, or would you like me to do it?" He asked taking a sip from his coffee.

Tia nodded. She was gonna get a start on it. "Metal" She had thought. She knew of a lot of places to find them, but one place that had a abundance, the city. She made her way out and jumped into the air. Her wings filled with air as she began to fly towards the city.

It took her a few minutes to get above the city. She could see the rough outlines of humans as they darted around trying to work on something. "Hmmmm." She said as she began to sink lower and lower till her figure was visible. Hell maybe she just wanted to kill some humans, along with looking for the metal.

She let out a cry, and swooped down as a decent speed letting out a vicious lighting attack against one of the buildings. She went around and made another pass, hitting another building on the other of the street. She finally landed down within the fray. It was dusty and cloudy.

She let out a laugh. "Oh you humans as too funny... You think that we will just let you build your city back up...haha... face your death... face me..." She said.

Adonis
legacy_by_realtense-dagblcx.png

The second her wings collapsed to her sides each indiviual of the caravan party had their weapons readied. They wore beaded circlets of sweat around their dusty foreheads and their callused fingers cradled the trigger of their weapons as tenderly a newborn babe. One man sat atop the caravan at what Adonis now concluded to be a 'gun' of some kind. A few others stood at the rear of the caravan, silent and focued on where it would hurt her the most when they fired. One man puffed on a small stick, releasing a stinking smoke through his lips that made Adonis' nostrils burn and throat clench. Humans were such peculiar creatures to her. She knew so much about them, yet so little. The way they could make something out of nothing, how each and every one of them had the power to create or destroy. Maybe that was why the dragons had returned, to knock humans off of the pedestal they grew so comfortable on for so many generations and take it for themselves. Humans and dragons shared so many similarities, but how could anyone stop to see them if their first instinct is to kill eachother?

Adonis was taking a huge risk approaching the group like this, but she was determined. If there was any chance to save lives on both sides Adonis would take it, and right now the humans needed all the help they could get. The smoke breathing man spoke, his voice sounding steady despite the sweat wetting his collar. The cloud colored dragon soaked in his voice, replaying it over and over in her mind. She found his choice of words amusing. "Out of everything a man could say to a docile dragon" Adonis thought. Slowly, Adonis began to lower her head to the ground. Her crystally eyes locked and maintained an unwavring gaze on the speaking man. The best thing about having no visible pupil was that it was always difficult for others to know when Adonis was staring at them, but she had the feeling that this man knew exactly where her attention was.

When her chin grazed the ground Adonis opened her mouth and released the three steely scales inside. The inky black flesh of her mouth thanked her as she releaved the pressure digging into them. Her powder blue tongue swiped over her black tipped muzzle as her inner mouth began to settle. Using the tip of her nose Adonis nudged the scales forward. "Here," she said. The sound of her own voice sounded just as foreign as the human language did as it rolled off of her tongue. Most of her conversations took place in her own mind. "Take these and leave," said Adonis "please." Unlike most dragons, her words were genuine. She didn't want any humans or dragons harmed.

@Komrade Kommissar

Zerontyr

She flew at high speeds, her wings twisting ever so slightly, her left wing twitching erratically, roughly pulling itself higher than her right wing. She cursed this misfortune, this... this unholy mark upon her. Before this happened, she was easily the fastest dragon in all of the land, and now, she is just another mediocre dragon, possibly a good scout, but nowhere near her speed before the accident.

The blinding flash has ceased completely, as the silhouette of a panicked human becomes larger and larger as she closed in on the mountain. She swooped down, and out came her lightning breath. It shook the grounds of the mountain, a loud thunder, accompanied by scorched dirt flying in all directions, but the man was still running.

Zerontyr flew over the mountain and circled around high, planning to go for another, more accurate run. But something caught her eye. Another type of annoying blinding light, a reflection of some sort. She struggled to look past it, but when she finally did, she was shocked. A wooden thing mixed with steel, containing a few measly humans, facing down... Adonis, the wind dragon? What is that clumsy girl doing here?

But as the questions came into her mind, more questions came, as a series of blinding reflections came from her left, effectively turning her into a near-sighted dragon. As she squinted, and blocked out the unnecessary light, she found... more humans. 21, on horseback.

There was no time to ask any more questions. These humans are very near the nest. She must annihilate them.

Ignoring the lone human on the mountain, Zerontyr dove directly downwards. Her ears droop from the wind, dipping behind her head, only picking up the sound of the unrelenting wind and air howling, as she cuts through them at terrifying speeds. Her wings retract, as they would tremble too much in such strong winds, effectively making her into an arrow.

At the very last moment, she spread her wings, for maximum drag. She struggled her best to keep them in place, especially her left wing, and she unleashes her arsenal. Due to the flashes, and the clumsy Adonis being there, her lightning strike was not precise, and she opted for a wide spread. She blasted a cone of purple lightning, covering an area 100 meters long and 30 meters wide. She could feel her throat burning up, and getting a nasty sore throat as she boomed past them, with her growled voice yelling at the foolish wind dragon.

"GRRAY ARRRGWAY AGGDONIS!" was all she could muster before using her speed and kinetic energy to turn to the left, and swoop down at the horseback group, unleashing another cone of purple lightning, albeit a lot smaller this time.

Nephalem Nephalem
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aaron

My horse was... decent. It wasn't a thoroughbred, but a common soldier asking for that is like a frog asking to be king. Its right hoof is a bit crooked and deformed, and its saddle is very... rough on the rider. But I don't bother with that. My bow is strapped on my back, secured with its string resting on my chest, and my arrows in a neat little quiver I have strapped to my right leg in travel.

The String of Fire isn't far off now, and some of the men with me are showing concern. Great concern. None of them have ever been this close to a nest before, it seems. I can't say I have, but I don't feel as nervous. Although that changed very quickly, when a string of purple lightning clashed into a mountainside, blowing out chunks of dirt. We staggered, shocked by the exchange. Then, we saw a shadow under the sun. A moving streak of blackness, with a faint purple color. The Quiet Death.

Panicked murmurs and exclamations rang throughout our group, as our horses also panic, and run faster. I draw my bow, and decide to take out an arrow. Or two. Or three. No, two will be enough. I take out two Skyboomers, and put them on the string, aiming carefully.

The monstrous dragon swooped down at high speeds, blasting purple lightning onto an area just in front of us by a few hundred meters over a wide area. No idea why. I pull the string back, as the others do as well. The Quiet Death does a left turn, bearing onto us. We all fire our arrows, as she blasts us.

Two of our men go down, convulsing violently from the shock. My Skyboomers miss, exploding above her, as she zoomed past us. Two of ours come back for the shocked men, while we continue on our journey. As we went, our bright-eyed lead spotted another dragon, on the ground, next to a carriage. I pull out a Dragon Piercing Arrow, and aim for it. As my sight aligns with the target, I let loose the arrow.

Vaeros
Vaeros nodded as Fall relayed her instructions to both him and to Tie. "I will do so right away, my queen." Vaeros dipped his head gracefully in respect and quickly moved out of the nest, seeking out any of the smaller earth dragons that were hanging around in the nest areas. He sent a few of them on their way to Fall. They needed an architect, still. Vaeros himself wasn't the best at making buildings from the earth he commanded, he was used to instead quickly pushing up walls of earth in defense or sending out showers of rocks at his enemies. But perhaps someone else could be of help in that manner. Gurtan was fond of digging holes. Perhaps he would enjoy a little building project? It was worth a shot, they needed as much help as they could get if Fall's contraption were to work properly. Then, while they focused on that, Vaeros could focus on defensive strategies, exercising the soldiers, training the newer members. Yes, that would do nicely.

Vaeros quickly made his way out of the nest, his eyes scanning for his fellow earth dragon. He was aware of Gurtan's penchant for gardening, so forests and flowering areas were a safe bet to find the dragon. There was a lake nearby, one that managed to grow nicely despite its proximity to the volcanoes. He would check there first.

With swift movements, Vaeros ran north, heading into the forest surrounding the lake and patrolling the lakeside. It didn't take long for him to find Gurtan, who was chatting beside another large earth dragon. Naturas. One of the nest guards and a dragon determined to fill a healing role for Fall's dragons. Though sometimes Vaeros worried that Naturas was spending more time digging through plants than she was guarding and protecting the younglings as was her sworn duty. If anything bad happened to them, Naturas would receive most of the blame for it, for failing to protect them. It was a stressful position during times of crisis, one that Vaeros did not envy.

He shook his head gently to keep himself from wandering around with his thoughts again. There were much more important things at hand and he had much work to be done. "Gurtan, Naturas," Vaeros greeted, stepping closer to them, "I trust you both have been doing well?"

Yonsisac Yonsisac fuil fuil

Alva
Alva looked over at Percy, a thoughtful yet rather troubled expression on his face as he considered their options. They really didn't know what they were dealing with, here, after all. And it'd certainly be better to know what that dragon is about before sending people in headfirst to die. The higher ups weren't always aware of how many suicide missions they sent their own people on, and even if they did, it'd be shrugged off as an occupational hazard instead. He was surprised to hear Percy even suggest this, since the man was so fond of going out and studying the dragons. He was quite fascinated with them, much more fascinated with them than he was with people, so if he of all people suggested that they hold off on going somewhere for a while, it was pretty prudent to at least take it into account. "There's not much else we can do about it until we learn more," Alva agreed quietly, "Though they'll certainly want our heads for it, and probably try and chew us out or something. So just...prepare for backlash, I guess."

Alva frowned when Percy suggested they send out a message to the higher ups, particularly Lucius of the Faceless. A hardened man who lived outside of the shelters with a small group. He didn't exactly want to be messing with them. It wouldn't be pretty. "Eh. . . I'm not sure," Alva said quietly, crossing his arms, "You'd probably write it better, since you have a firsthand experience, but I also don't wanna send you out there alone immediately after what you saw. You look really shaken up, after all. However, at the same time, I don't want to deal with Lucius alone."

He shrugged and looked to Percy, "We could both try going? I don't know."

Dak Dak

Naturas walked and looked back at Gurtan as he explain how his scales actually represented some form of weight, not like some other dragons, like the "Iron Gauntlets" of Vo's, a rather notorious Duo who took first hand's deep in the attack at there human capital, especially Vraken, Fast and swift acid dragon with very odd ways, it dint breath fire or anything but instead he was all about breaking and tearing objects to pieces with his own body, a fighter whose scales where not as though or thick as Gurtan's but oddly he dint seem to be burden by it at all. It raised her question if each dragon acted differently, the bodies of each where sure to be different but would there bodily traits differ so drastically? "Oh i can see that now, actually wondered about how combat it may effect your scales but knowing you can shrug them off...is rather one excellent feat on its own!" Naturas commented as she was impress with how strong Gurtan was, let alone the most notable trait are his scales, deflecting the strongets of attacks and continue in to battle with no rest...now that is a earth dragon.

As naturas walked down the side of the river she "Saw" some foots steps disturbing the land near, her eyes shifted and look back and wonder who it was only to finally "see" a rather...light dragon, surely something of no mayor size, but she could not tell who it was till she heard the voice, yes it was Vaeros one of Falls most questioned alphas yet one of most experience as well. "Greetings Vaeros, yes we have been at peace, just walking down the lake for a short moment befor going back, and as well collecting needed ingredients to cure those 3 fire dragons with Elemental sickness" she answered as only to stop and slightly bow her head in respect towards him as she would ask "May i ask what is that you need? I can tell you dint come this far without some quest" Naturas asked as...knowing fall she would not send alphas out of the nest for no reason besides when they are resting and in there time off, especially one like Vaeros. Still she should have gone earlier back to the nest....but she has been rather busy with the lily pad problem, but speaking of lily pad, it was slump over her head,covering her eyes and well most of her head, she was blind on its own so, such would not effect her in any way.
ProjectMischa ProjectMischa fuil fuil

Adonis
legacy_by_realtense-dagblcx.png

Before the smoking man could reply, Zerontyr, a lightning dragon from the Lu'z clan shot past. The underneath of her body glowed an electric purple just before she released a flurry of lightning bolts, charring the area around the caravan and Adonis. She roared a barely understandable warning at Adonis before swooping down and letting loose a violet stream of lightning. The wind dragon's eyes followed Zerontyr's dark form as she soared across the sky until they touched the sun-burnt horizon and fell directly on a single man amongst a group of many others, aiming a bow and arrow directly at Adonis.

In that moment the world seemed to slow. A mental battle fought by Adonis' mind and insticts began as the man's arm pulled back, dragging the bowstring with it. "I'll hurt them," "They want to kill me", "I have to do it", "Someone could die!" "That someone could be me!". It was a mental war waged and won in less than a second, and just as the wavering vibrations of a released bowstring met Adonis' sensitive ears the peaceful white dragon opened her jaws and released an unrelenting wind, similar to the destructive winds of a vicious tornado capable of leveling homes and sending automobiles flying, at the mounted group, blowing the arrow back at the very man to released it. The assult was quick and powerful, two words that suited this handicapped dragon perfectly. Adonis' heart clenched at the aftermath. She was no better than any other dragon in this war, using her abilities to harm others. She glanced back up at Zerontyr, hoping that her attack had gone unnoticed. Her facade of a weak, clumsy scout would begin to deteriorate if there were discrepancies.

Adonis turned back to the smoking man and his caravan. Her vibrant blue eyes, once so full of excitment and trust now held a mixture of fear, distrust, and pain. She seemed more animalistic now, standing defensively with her wings prepared to hurl her upwards. Did these men bring a war party with them? Were they planning on attacking the nests here? Any second now she expected to be riddled with bullets, but she didn't want to leave this man. He would surely be killed by the scarred Zerontyr if he stayed, but maybe he deserved it if he was willing to attempt a raid on the nest.

Deciding that staying on the ground was a threat to her life and even Zerontyr's, Adonis fully displayed her wings. A single flap and Adonis found herself in her preffered environment: the sky, leaving nothing but a cloud of dust where she stood.

Adonis loved the humans. She really did. But she loved dragons too. She loved life, and these people wanted to destroy it before it even started. She had tried to protect the humans today, now it was time to help the dragons.

Some of the men managed to get up after her assult and were aiming their weapons at Zerontyr. Adonis choked back her guilt, guilt for betraying the dragons, guilt for not being able to help the humans, and swooped into the group, snatching one man and hurling him into a patch of forest. She softened his impact by broadening her wings. She shot back into the sky quicker than a bullet, maintaining constant motion. If she was going to attack, she wasn't going to kill.

@Komrade Kommissar Kabboom Kabboom

Gurtan nodded as Naturas complimented his hardy scales and was about to respond when she suddenly turned around and a voice called out. Gurtan turned to see Vaeros, one of the smaller earth dragons. "I'm doing good. How are you, you seem to be in a hurry?" He yawned as he said this. "You shouldn't rush so much, maybe take a nap." He was sure the small eath dragon had work for him and work was just too much work. Then Naturas did the one thing he was fearing, she asked what he wanted. Gurtan looked towards her with an almost pouting look and simply asked. "Why?"
Yonsisac Yonsisac ProjectMischa ProjectMischa

Naturas looked at Gurtan,back at Vaeros and back at Gurtan,Vaeros,Gurtan....did she say something wrong? "Um...All the time i have spent in the nest protecting the children, Fall has been rather...restricted with who gets out and such, i mean i dint mean it in a literal term- oh never mind, Sorry i just...in a rather worried, and well hurried state knowing i should have been at the nest 30 minutes ago instead of picking up the lily pad" she said as well...yea maybe its best she docent just jump to the grain and such making it awkward...but if he was in a hurry then should she ask? but as well the fact knowing she SHOULD be with the hatch lings and instead is just collecting leafs for a none dangerous sickness...was a ignorant way of not doing her duty, she rather feet bad now knowing how as such thing is repeated over and over again, time after time, and if one day some child gets injured because she was not there...it will be a rather terrible event for her. "Sorry, please continue" Naturas said with a smile as she tried to...let the awkward moment go away...maybe go for a walk us three would be nice! maybe go bird watching yes? its teh fact she mention she shoold have been in the nest some time ago...makes it one very questionable action. One time she was Ordered to forcefully stay in the nest as the great dragon went out to gather some items and well...prevent naturas from being attracted towards trees like a magnet.
fuil fuil ProjectMischa ProjectMischa

Aaron

The arrow went directly back my way. I pulled on the horse's reins harshly, making it neigh, or howl, or whatever sound that it made when I yanked it to the left, as a deafening cacophony of air being torn by the arrow whizzing past my right reassured me that I was alive.

The wind dragon took off at amazing speeds, and I pull another Dragon Piercing Arrow. Other guys on horseback were providing massive arrow fire on the electricity dragon, dealing accuracy in quantity. As the wind dragon swoops down at terrifying speeds, I let loose the arrow at the last possible moment. I didn't know if it hit or not, but one of our guys did get snatched.

One of our guys yelled his name. "Wilbur!" the rider at the very back cried, before letting loose an arrow in vain at the wind dragon as it flew away. The man in question flew into a patch of forest, and guessing from the impact speed, he's either dead or very very wounded.

I decided to become the impromptu leader of the pack, and started yelling orders to the pack. "You 4, ride for that forest, get Wilbur! The rest of you, on me! We're getting our guys back at the field! Hunter, Scout, you guys pick up the wounded on your horses! Leave their horses behind! We're headed back to base! Remember, they might still have electricity in them, watch it!" my voice barely audible from the wind and the commotion. The group exchanged worried glances, but eventually agreed.

We split up, and I let loose 2 Skyboomer Arrows, limiting the wind dragon's angle of attack. It will either go from the right, or from the left, since the front is exploding spectacularly with Fire Dragon remains clashing with the sparks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zerontyr

The foolish humans began firing their measly arrows at Zerontyr, which made her slightly annoyed, and a bit worried. She subconsciously retracts her neck, not too fond of meeting the same accident twice. Some arrows stuck to her, some missed, while some bounced off.

As she glanced back, the clumsy Adonis actually managed to get a human, flinging him into the forest. 'Finally, she is of use,' Zerontyr thought to herself. She had heard many tales of this clumsy girl, always bumping into others. It's a miracle she hasn't flown full speed into a mountain and broken her neck yet with such agility paired with such intelligence.

As she angled herself for another pass on the horseback group, the humans suddenly split up. Zerontyr misses, spraying her purple lightning onto an innocent patch of empty field. She swoops around, making rapid target acquisition. After a split second of thinking, she settled on the... moving object thing, that Adonis was staring down earlier.

She swooped down low, and quick, her wing occasionally snapping off a treetop, to her discomfort. She let loose a high-intensity blast of purple lightning, before flashing by and retaining her energy, going up high.

Lucius

Lucius laughed, the sound muffled beneath his black steel facemask. “I could say the same about you, friend.” His eyes were not looking at Liam’s face so much as gazing upon the giant scythe he had left buried in the soft earth before the garage.

That’s an impressive weapon you have there,” he said after a few moments. “Dragonbone, isn’t it? Claw, a bit of tooth, and perhaps a bit of bone.

His eyes returned to the figure to find him running a finger alone the edge of his axe to test its edge. Behind him, Ruke stiffened indignantly at the stranger’s presumption. Lucius merely continued to smile; his axe could shore through a 6’ steel beam as though it were butter, and he could clip a butterfly’s wings with even the laziest stroke. And that wasn’t even getting in to what he was capable of doing to a dragon if he managed to close enough. Unfortunately, those days were few and far between now. Commanding, he had found, was as much a weight on his back as the axe itself. The old freedom was gone, and the new weight of the men serving beneath him had to be his paramount concern.

That and ridding humanity of the dragon threat once and for all.

After a moment of silent contemplation, he introduced himself to the stranger.

“I am called Lucius, and these fine gentlemen you see before you are the Faceless. We are surface folk, everyone of us. And the only thing we live for up here is to hunt, kill, and maim every last dragon that dares show its face within fifty-mile of us.

And you stranger? What’s your profession?” Lucius inquired as the stranger returned to his weapon and unsheathed it from the earth. Before he could get a straight answer, however, the man turned back to him with a strange request:

"Also you wouldn't happen to have a shovel I could borrow? It is shameful how you leave your dead out like dragon fodder."

Lucius glanced towards the pile of dead he had noticed earlier, his expression darkening a little.

“Of course,” he said, his tone a bit chagrined. “You’ve caught us a tight time, stranger. We’ve been a bit pressed with spring cleaning around here.

And by spring cleaning, he meant killing every dragon who had taken up roots within the city itself and it’s surrounding area before the word got back as to what they were doing. Their soldiers had swarmed from the underground in droves, attacking during the high noon hour where the dragons were like to sunbathe and drowse instead of hunt. Since the day of that attack, they’d seen a few dragons, but none had come close enough to trigger the alarm until the fire dragon that had claimed the lives of his men.

But even as he thought of it, a sudden earthshaking roar resounded nearby.

UNIT 16! COME IN, UNIT 16! THIS IS TOWER BRAVO. TWO DELTAS INCOMING. I REPEAT TWO DELTAS CLOSING ON YOUR POSITION!

Lucius was already in motion. Snatching the radio from Ruke, he began barking orders into the microphone.

Get everyone into the trenches or undercover at the marked locations now! I want the Ballista, Catapult, and the Demolition unit at site TWO-FOUR-ZERO on standby. Everyone else follow simulation four until further notice. I repeat, simulation four! This is Lucius. Over!

The ground was soon full of soldiers, horses, and small vehicles scrambling for cover or into the barbed wire trenches they had woven up and down the buildings of the main street. The moment the men fell into the position, they began firing upon the dragon as it crashed through one of the dilapidated buildings and landed close by. Rattles of machine gun fire. Pistol shots. The rattling-thunk of crossbow bolts. Screams and shots and oaths - so many of them. The Dragon screeched shrilly in response to them all, but the men continued on, seemingly undaunted.

From his position in the parking garage, Lucius gave the next order.

Alright, Catapult team, aim high and see if we can make the skies an unfriendly place for our dragon. I want the first volley to be centered around smoke and flares aimed to disorient the target. Ballista team, refrain from engagement until the target is near or at ground level. We can’t afford to waste shots here.

As for the second dragon, he continued to keep a watch out. Getting attacked by two at the same time was going to be a little tricky … but so long as he managed to bring down one of them … the mission could still be considered a success.

And he had to succeed. Failure was not an option this early in the game.

Elffri3nd Elffri3nd Dak Dak

upload_2017-7-1_12-59-43.png
Liam had barely heard everything that the man he knew as Lucius had said, the first dragon had gotten his attention. He hadn't even seen the second dragon coming and was caught somewhat off guard by it's presence but he had known that there might be a storm coming. He kept his attention on the first dragon. The others were far to busy taking down the bigger one.

He slowly approached the first dragon, his scythe was dragging on the ground as he walked. "Here beasty, beasty, beasty. Here beasty." He called the dragon as though it were a dog. Once he was close to the dragon he took a battle stance. "So your kind likes to kill humans and dragons who want to help them? I'll put your out of your misery." He then charged at the dragon and used his scythe to kick up sand and dust. He used it to cover his movement and camouflage himself.

As he fought he couldn't help but remember how he used to play with the dragon that had acted as his father. He had almost forgotten his name but every time he faced a dragon, all he could think of was his father. "I am Liam Dragonson, adopted son of Metallica, dragon of earth!" He was now right in front of the small dragon. Again he kicked up sand and dust. He then moved behind the dragon.

He had spent many happy years with Metallica. The dragon always looked over his shoulder, expecting something bad to happen. Metallica had know the risked of raising a human child. Liam remembered that they never stayed in one place for a long time and the dragon preferred the old ruins of the human world. They made him feel safer. However, It was in one of the ruins that Metallica had been slaughtered. The old dragon had forced Liam to hide in a near by building when the dragons came. Liam watched them kill Metallica through a broken down wall.

Liam attempted to bring his scythe down into the back of the dragon he was currently fighting. "Metallica sends his regards." His movements were now fueled by his rage.

IrishQ IrishQ

Jonathan Wright

Deep inside the laboratory of a scientist, Jonathan had a lot of time to spend. It sure that he was needed a lot for his medical knowledge, but when he had free time, experimenting new things about life was his passion. Taking a substance, it was soon placed inside the body of the snake and a rat. "Second experience with Jim and Deold." Taking the rat with his hands, Jim was placed on a cage with a boa. As the time passed, Jonathan watched closely each movements, noise made by the two specimens, writting it on a note. After some minute, the snake's noises became less noisy, and the rat walked closer to his predator, climbing it. The rat was on the boa body, seemingly confortable and not anxious at all. Surprised, a smile appeared on Jonathan's face. "Could it be the beginning ? The beginning of the medicine that could save us ?"

Leaving his laboratory with satisfaction, he went toward a more convenient place to read some books on his likings. After a harsh mission, he was dismissed from his job until his body healed from the wounds, which was a week ago. It was his last day of laziness and he was excited to go back on the front as soon as possible.

Vaeros
Vaeros twitched his ears, acknowledging the almost pained reaction Gurtan had to Naturas' question of a quest. His fellow earth dragon was certainly quite the lazy sort, wasn't he? He followed orders well enough, but it seemed he had much more interest in sleeping than he did with doing anything else. Vaeros would have to supervise him. His gaze flicked towards Naturas, she was also an earth dragon, but she tended to be more proficient with plants than anything else. She spoke on about how she should have been back at the nest sooner, and Vaeros nodded slowly, "We are preparing back at the nest. We will need as many dragons available, and the younglings are only getting more restless. I appreciate that you try to heal, as well. However, for now I think we need you back home. Gurtan," he looked to the stocky dragon in question, "Fall is working on . . . a sort of building project, I suppose is the best way to describe it. I figured you would like to be a part of it, given how often you build your own shelters. Time is of the essence." Vaeros' tail swayed side to side in anticipation. He was always a little antsy when it came to tense times such as these. Much needed to be done, and every second he spent out of the nest presented potential danger for the residents inside. They needed to act quickly if anything could be done about the human problem.

Tiamat laughed at the humans. She was not taller then any of them, but she was faster then anything they could throw at her. She scurried her way towards the trenches, but stopped when she was saw the barbed wire. She'd ran into it before and it pulled scales from her body. She lifted her head and let out another breathe of lightning. That was when a ballista bolt had embedded itself in the ground next to her. She looked up to see if she could see them. With the dust and everything she couldn't find anything.

She let out loud roar. "Come and meet your death humans." She began to beat her wings. The dust began to clear around her. She looked around and could see the ballista clearly now. It was perched on a building top. "You're close...." She took off towards the ballista. She was going to take that ut first. It had the potential to not only pierce her think hide, but also kill her.

Aya's eye widened as she saw the human run up to her, she quickly scrambled off but the dirt the amount of dirt he kicked up made it hard to see, in a panic, she started shooting fireballs in random directions, but she just wanted to scare him off, oddly enough, she didn't want to hurt him, she quickly turned around and saw that he was behind her, again, in a panic, she swung her tail in an attempt to hit him, she looked around frantically for an escape route, jumping slightly when she heard Tiamat roared, wait, Tiamat?! Well this isn't going to end well, Aya thought, wanting to run away, but she didn't want to accidently lead the human to the nest, that, is the last thing she needed.

Aya again looked around before roaring at the human, again, in an attempt to scare him off, that would usually work, and who was Metallica? She didn't have a clue but decided to just dodge until he got tired so she could run away, but she knew that could take a while, damning her softer scales and inability to fly​

Naturas heard Vaeros and nodes as yes, the suck can hold on for a bit there was no need to rush things, it was not serious thing anyway "Understood" she replied only to hear how Fall is doing a "Project" of sorts, Project? did fall finally got what she was looking for? well now Naturas was more thoughtful than anything to know what she is working on, "Project? she finally has reach a biddable point in her research?" She asked as if Fall was already working on making some creation it meant that yes, the great dragon got what she wanted, odd to say, worrying in fact, dragons are strong as they are but now with fall's research they could become even stronger. Naturas hopes there queen docent torch the land or there will be nothing to admire anymore. Naturas had a feeling Fall might make more things, not for destruction but maybe for helping them grow, i mean knowing how she cares for them there must be something else in her mind.
ProjectMischa ProjectMischa fuil fuil

Fall back at the nest, was rather busy, The smell of metal and smoke emitted from her working place, there was a small crevice made on one side of the dome like roof where it was dug by small earth dragons all the way to the outside as smoke and ash slowly came out like a chimney, like the volcanos near by as the last thing Fall wanted was to fill her chamber and nest with the fumes. She was removing apart those metal shells human use for there cannons, she only had 3 of them as most where destroyed or taken away y the humans once the attack was done and this was all that was recovered. There metal tip and there powered, only to slam the back of the shell on the ground made it spark once and never again. She knew how they work but still it bothered her, did they use friction? making sparks against the metal to light up the powered? This bothered her as such precision cant be made right now, still needed to know how it actually work. She has the idea: Small spark on the back with friction or fire,case full of powder and it ignites when the back is hit launching the projectile as far it can go, Fall might just use the human ones and see if such work her own way, but now fall will stick with her previews ideas. No time to change them with things yet to be known "I need more of these...maybe i can make a more efficient version, instead of-" Being cut off as looking back and it was the small group of 4 Earth dragons who where sent by Vaeros...perfect they are the perfect size! "Good welcome, you all will be working on a small...project of mine...once Vaeros has return we will see, but for now this is what we will do" Fall soon began to explain how they will be smelting the metal she has stored away from human recovered parts, will be then filled in a hallow ground with a specific shape, cool down, remove the metal case and carve the needed holes and such. She will be one of the first dragons to induce human design in there creations!

upload_2017-7-2_14-25-40.png
Liam was so close to tasting the blood of the monstrous creature before him when it hit him to the side with it's tail. He grabbed his side where he had been it. It had stunned him but his dragon scale clothes protected him from the force of the impact. Using his scythe he kicked up more dust but this time it was for a different purpose.

He continued to remember back to his time with Metallica. The great and powerful dragon had taken him as his son. Liam had been a weak boy and the dragon had taken mercy on him. Now he saw himself in a similar situation. The dragon that he was attacking was but a fletching. He knew that Metallica wouldn't want him to slay an innocent life.

He moved in front the dragon, once more kicking up more dust. "Dragon, I will allow you to escape. That is what Metallica would have wanted. You are not yet corrupted by the teachings of the rest of your people. I can tell by the way you fight that you mean no harm. There might be hope for you." He looked behind him, careful to not let the dust cover fall. He didn't want the others see him spare a dragon. "Go, before I change my mind."
IrishQ IrishQ

Gurtan frowned as Vearos mentioned a project. "If I must then I guess I could help." He let out a long drawn out yawn already tired by just the idea. "Lead the way, and if you could tell me what the projects about." He wanted to have an idea of what he was building so he could start thinking of how to build it. "Is it a new chamber or something, or something else?" He asked the small earth dragon with a sigh.
ProjectMischa ProjectMischa

Vaeros
Vaeros gave Naturas a slight dip of the head in acknowledgement, "She's gotten further than before, yes." The alpha couldn't help but exhale softly in exasperation at Gurtan's tired response to the idea. That dragon was perhaps the laziest dragon Vaeros had ever met or had to work with. At least Gurtan had some sense of responsibility. Somewhat. He would complain about work being tiring, but at least he would still follow an order when given. Vaeros motioned for Gurtan to follow him, turning back the way he came with his long tail trailing behind him. "It's nothing like that," the alpha stated as he started the trek back to the String of Fire, "From what she told me. . . It's . . . more like a weapon of sorts, I guess? I'm not entirely sure how it will be expected to work, but she needs it done quickly. Time is of the essence, after all. She will be able to provide better details than me."

Aya looked at the human before quickly scrambling off, not liking the idea of getting hurt, she started going back to the nest, looking behind her every few seconds to make sure he isn't following her, that was the last thing anyone needed, but she was half tempted to go back, Tiamat was there, fighting humans, by herself, that can't be a smart move, once he was far away enough from the crazy, scythe wielding human, she crept back, watching from a distance, this time hiding against the trees, she doubted the next human that spotted her would just let her go. Aya just sat there and watched, wondering what to do, should she go back to the nest and tell someone? She didn't know, it also might take a while for other dragons to show up and help, before she decided to just lay low and jump in and help when needed.​

Gurtan nodded as he followed the smaller earth dragon. "I see its a weapon. I'm used to building sturdy caves and tunnels not weapons." He said as he thought about what kind of weapon it was. "I'm not too sure what she would need me for." He said as they got closer to the string of fire. His nose caught the smell of fire, ash, and other dragons. "I never could get used too this smell." He shook his head as he looked over at Naturas to see how she was doing, knowing how she was weak to fire. As he did he saw her mostly hidden head under the giant lily pad and smiled as he chuckled a little. "Naturas thats a good look for you."
Yonsisac Yonsisac ProjectMischa ProjectMischa

As Naturas heard how Fall has suddenly gotten more than before is rather one interesting feat, she wonders with what she knows: Will the dragons change? what will become of us if her experiments yield great fruit and improves them more than ever? Many question yet time will answer them. But even more after she over heard weapon coming from the alphas mouth, a weapon? where they not strong enough they needed a weapon to fight humans? well...it maybe was something far more sinister, i mean dragons themselves are seen like weapons of destruction, creatures with no remorse, why they needed to MAKE one? Maybe Naturas was not seeing the bigger picture here, surely there was something to be pointed out but till this weapon comes to the light, we will know. "Weapon? but why?...interesting" Naturas mummer questioning why Fall was making a weapon, dint seem like they needed one. Soon they would begin to make there way towards the string of fire, three flightless dragons, a unique perspective of earth and acid dragons way of traveling. Soon the heat started to pick up, the green was slowly getting grey or vanishing, ash and slag on the ground they marched upon. She hated this pace, of course not completely as its her home, but the fact it ruins her "coat" of green is rather annoying.

As they walked closer she heard Gurtan compliment her head being covered with the lily pad and how it looked good on her, well she was never one of stylish appearance, But hey dint know a large lily pad would make the trick "Aww thank you, i never expected a lily pad to fit me...i mean its nice actually, rather wish i could keep it but, soon enough i will need to use it" She said but soon only to think for a bit "But surely. I will find another for myself, enjoy it myself actually, i like this "Hat"" she lastly aded with a chuckle as, well it was a rather unique look and made her smile knowing one leaf of nature...can make a big difference, now she wanted one for herself and surely soon enough she will!
fuil fuil ProjectMischa ProjectMischa

Vaeros
Vaeros exhaled softly at Gurtan's remark about what he usually built. "I understand, Gurtan," he responded, his deep, rumbling voice calm despite the tension that hung around from earlier that day, "But you have more building expertise than most. Any little bit can help in this situation. Granted, I do not think any of us are used to building weapons." He twitched his ears to bat away at some bugs that were buzzing around the area. The noon heat brought many swarms of insects into the fray, a rather irritating aspect of the land they lived in. The warm, temperate climates made it easy for different types of insects to massively reproduce, and the usually mild winters did little to cull the population. Vaeros noted with watchful eyes that the grass soon gave way to the dark lava flows of the String of Fire. They were nearing the nest, and the lack of fruitful plant life showed this perfectly.

It didn't take long for Vaeros to enter the nest and move deeper into their volcanic home where Fall was waiting. It appeared the small earth dragons Vaeros had sent her way quickly reported for duty, which made the alpha dragon quite pleased. He loved efficiency in all sorts of manners, and their quick reaction to helping Fall out with her eccentric request was no exception. The blue dragon made his way down to Fall's obsidian platform, standing tall in front of the mother dragon. "My queen, I have returned with some extra help," he reported, "Where do we start with this 'weapon'?"

Alva
Alva thought for a few moments before frowning, "No, nevermind," he said softly, "You've been through enough out there, I won't make you go with me, Percy." He set his notebook down on one of the few empty counters in the laboratories, opening it up to an empty page and twirling his pencil in his hands. "However, I think I'll need help writing it. You're the one with the personal experience, after all." He stared at the empty page in thought. Starting was always the worst. What kind of approach would work best? Formal? Not lengthy, though. Concise and to the point? Yeah, that'd probably work. A lot of those military types didn't like having unnecessary fluff in the stuff they received, right? They wanted what needed to be said said and nothing more. Alva exhaled softly, placing his pencil on the paper and beginning to write.

Dear Lucius

Alva immediately stopped and erased that. Way too formal. Plus dear made it sound weird and awkward. Hell no.

General Lucius,

We have recently come across an incredibly dangerous specimen holed up around the String of Fire. A big, black dragon, larger than any that has ever been seen. Very temperamental and dangerous, capable of wiping a lot of people out easily. We request that any movements around that area be halted for the time being so that we can further study the creature without potentially agitating it and instigating an attack. It's imperative that we are able to understand what we're dealing with before we take any action against it.

- The Springhurst Research Team

Alva read through his quick letter and then glanced at Percy, tearing the page out of his notebook and handing it over to his colleague to read through. "What do you think? That sound good enough?"

Dak Dak

Percy read over the note. "Yes, I think that will do just fine." He took a sip from his coffee and grabbed a bag. "You'll definitely need my help out there. You could very well walk into the dragons nest, or worse into the bog..." He walked back over towards the map. "Last time I knew where the faceless was. They were in the city, that was about a week ago." He said sitting back down.

Lucius

Smoke the color of blood blotted out the sun. In the chaos and confusion, Lucius could barely make out the silohuette of the dragon as it plummeted from the crumbling spire and down towards the nearest set of freshly dug trenches.

Hold fast, boys!” he screamed, but the shriek of the dragon, and the rat-tat-tat of gunfire clawed the words away upon the wind almost at once.

The Dragon – far smaller than most of it’s kin – slammed against the barbed wire fencing at a speed that was frightfully fast, and the metal buckled under the impact. Several of his soldiers abandoned their posts at once, sprinting further down the ditch, hands over their head to avoid the thick metal barbs pelting them from above. A few, braver and more foolish than the rest, leapt clear from the ditch and move at once to engage.

Throwing down his radio, Lucius grabbed his axe and started towards them.

Don’t! Get back!” he shouted.

A few turned his direction. He could see the whites of their eyes almost … until they were obliterated behind a sizzling burst of electricty that scorched the entire square. Gray lights burst in his vision as he was lifted off his feet by the blast and thrown backwards against the hood of a car too rusted and ancient to even be recognizable.

Around him, he could hear the shouting of his men.

Damn.

Spitting a trickle of blood from the corner of his mouth, he crawled forward, inch by inch until he reached the safety of the parking garage once again. Just as he made it over the threshold, the communications crackled to life.

Ballista Unit 1 to Lucius! We’ve got the target in sight. Do we have permission to fire?

He blinked a bead of sweat from his eyes and grasped at the radio with an unsteady hand.

This is Lucius. Fire as soon as you have a clear shot. Ballista Unit 2 and 3, back them up.

No sooner had the words left him than he heard the rattling thunk of the first bolt being released. It whistled through the air like an arrow from god himself and hurtled straight towards the aggressor.

The obsidian beast seemed to hear it as well for, in the pivotal few seconds, it barely manuevered out of the firing range causing the bolt to avoid piercing it’s hide by a few inches. It’s eyes then blazed with new intention.

Just before it took off, Lucius went for the radio again.

Watch it, Unit 1. It’s got you in it’s sights.

The dragon shot upwards perilously fast towards the concrete structure where the first ballista team was stationed. However, it would not find the Ballistas as easy a target as it probably would have hoped. Lucius had known how important they were from the beginning and had left nothing to chance.

An entire platoon of guardsmen flanked the ballista and began hurling down explosives towards the creature while turrents spat out thin rebar stakes to discourage approach. While they had absolutely nothing on Lucius’s ballistas, they would certainly cause some pain if you got hit by them.

Shortly after the first tower began its assault, Lucius radioed back towards the second Ballista unit.

Unit 2, we’re still running simulation 4. No change of plans. The delta is currently headed vector 180 and attempting to engage unit 1. If you see an opportunity, hook the beast, and bring it to the ground.

Keeping the radio close at hand, Lucius then reached into his binoculars and began to track the dragon’s progress down below.

Alright dragon, let’s see if we can’t give you run for your money here …” he mumbled to himself as he prepared to give the order to fire.

All he needed was one small opportunity …

Users who are viewing this thread

Back