• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The End of the World as We Know It

Permanent Exhaustion

Hello, my name is Permanent Exhaustion, but we can keep things simple and call me Jess. I'm a college student in her early twenties studying Sociology. I'll keep the information about me brief, as I know it's not what anyone came here to read. I've been writing on sites like this for about a decade, and consider myself to be a fairly proficient writer. I do like a lot of detail in my writing, but I don't like writing sixteen paragraphs about how beautiful the grass is. A comfortable range for my replies can be anywhere from one to three paragraphs per character, more for starter scenes or detailed fight scenes with NPC's, less for fight or dialogue scenes with my partner. I write what I feel is needed, but I'll do everything in my power to ensure you always have plenty to respond to. I'm open to romance in my writing, but I won't force romance for the sake of romance. I write in the third person, past tense. And my favorite animal is a cat. I believe that's all the important information there is about me.

Rules:

Again, this will be brief, I don't like threads with a list of rules a mile long.

Somewhat active. By this, I mean let me know your usual response rate, preferably at least a couple a week, and try to stick to that, or give me a heads up that things will change. I'm not going to freak out if you're late. If I think you've gone inactive or ghosted, I'll bump once, and if I don't get a response, no harm no foul, I won't take it personally.

Speaking of ghosting. We've all done it, we're not proud of it. If you aren't feeling the roleplay, I'd prefer if you let me know, but I get that it can be awkward. As I said, I'm not going to blow up your notifications, and I'll take the hint that you're not interested and would never hold that against you. If you go inactive and then come back and want to restart or continue something we were doing, totally open to it.

Keep your characters realistic. This is a big thing for me. Your character is not going to attract every single person who sees them or kill every enemy who tries to fight them. If their strengths are a mile long and their weaknesses are "they care too much :)", that's not really interesting. The average person can't proficiently fire every kind of firearm, pole-vault across rooves, and take down a bodybuilder, and that would be pretty boring if they could.

Don't control my characters. There is a caveat to this, but don't tell me where my character is going, don't tell me my side of the conversation, and don't tell me how I feel or look. That's weird. The caveat is fight scenes. While some characters are particularly agile, hits are going to land. I'd prefer if you let me know for any devastating blows, but I'm not going to freak out if you assume some of your hits land. We can discuss this if it becomes relevant, though.

Lastly, don't turn a hobby into a chore or a job. I am a full time student with a job, a needy cat, and other hobbies. I'm usually extremely active and I'll get back to you soon, but sometimes I'm busy, I'm responding to other people, or I just need some time to think of a good response. If you're bumping me three seconds after I read your response, that's going to make it feel like a job to respond. Also, this normally isn't an issue on sites like this but I like saying it just to be safe - this is fiction. If our characters do end up dating or whatever else, that is character-only. My characters do not represent me.

That's... about it. Hopefully, it didn't seem like too much or too bossy, I just wanted to explain why I have the rules I have so I don't seem pushy. Anyways, onto the next and... hopefully, final section?

Plots, pairings, characters.

I don't actually have most of the things in that heading. For one, I don't pre-make characters. I might reuse names or face claims(I use realistic face claims btw, and am comfortable using descriptions. You can use whatever you'd like, but realistic or descriptions are preferred), but I don't store characters for future use. This is not to say there's anything wrong with doing that, it's just not my style, I like making a new character for each roleplay I do.

I'm really looking for one idea right now. I might be open to other ideas of yours, but this is my big craving, the main reason I made a thread at all, so this is preferred.

Zombie Apocalypse. That's it. We can discuss the finer details, what kind of apocalypse it is, if there are even zombies, etc. The only thing I'll say upfront is that I love these types of roleplays in which both my partner and I play several main characters so it can have more of a group aspect, TWD style, but I'm open to just having two characters. I personally am willing to play up to... probably 6 characters at a time, of mixed genders and sexualities. These roleplays can be kind of gorey and depressing, with enemy NPC's or characters with dark motives, or pretty chill zombie-bashing and surviving, I'm open to it all. I just really like zombies and I'm not ashamed of it.

So... I suppose that's it! I really hope people reach out to me, whether in PM's or here, and if this doesn't seem like your thing, I'm glad you read this far anyways and hope you have an awesome day.

Last edited:
Hello, my name is Permanent Exhaustion, but we can keep things simple and call me Jess. I'm a college student in her early twenties studying Sociology. I'll keep the information about me brief, as I know it's not what anyone came here to read. I've been writing on sites like this for about a decade, and consider myself to be a fairly proficient writer. I do like a lot of detail in my writing, but I don't like writing sixteen paragraphs about how beautiful the grass is. A comfortable range for my replies can be anywhere from one to three paragraphs per character, more for starter scenes or detailed fight scenes with NPC's, less for fight or dialogue scenes with my partner. I write what I feel is needed, but I'll do everything in my power to ensure you always have plenty to respond to. I'm open to romance in my writing, but I won't force romance for the sake of romance. I write in the third person, past tense. And my favorite animal is a cat. I believe that's all the important information there is about me.

Rules:

Again, this will be brief, I don't like threads with a list of rules a mile long.

Somewhat active. By this, I mean let me know your usual response rate, preferably at least a couple a week, and try to stick to that, or give me a heads up that things will change. I'm not going to freak out if you're late. If I think you've gone inactive or ghosted, I'll bump once, and if I don't get a response, no harm no foul, I won't take it personally.

Speaking of ghosting. We've all done it, we're not proud of it. If you aren't feeling the roleplay, I'd prefer if you let me know, but I get that it can be awkward. As I said, I'm not going to blow up your notifications, and I'll take the hint that you're not interested and would never hold that against you. If you go inactive and then come back and want to restart or continue something we were doing, totally open to it.

Keep your characters realistic. This is a big thing for me. Your character is not going to attract every single person who sees them or kill every enemy who tries to fight them. If their strengths are a mile long and their weaknesses are "they care too much :)", that's not really interesting. The average person can't proficiently fire every kind of firearm, pole-vault across rooves, and take down a bodybuilder, and that would be pretty boring if they could.

Don't control my characters. There is a caveat to this, but don't tell me where my character is going, don't tell me my side of the conversation, and don't tell me how I feel or look. That's weird. The caveat is fight scenes. While some characters are particularly agile, hits are going to land. I'd prefer if you let me know for any devastating blows, but I'm not going to freak out if you assume some of your hits land. We can discuss this if it becomes relevant, though.

Lastly, don't turn a hobby into a chore or a job. I am a full time student with a job, a needy cat, and other hobbies. I'm usually extremely active and I'll get back to you soon, but sometimes I'm busy, I'm responding to other people, or I just need some time to think of a good response. If you're bumping me three seconds after I read your response, that's going to make it feel like a job to respond. Also, this normally isn't an issue on sites like this but I like saying it just to be safe - this is fiction. If our characters do end up dating or whatever else, that is character-only. My characters do not represent me.

That's... about it. Hopefully, it didn't seem like too much or too bossy, I just wanted to explain why I have the rules I have so I don't seem pushy. Anyways, onto the next and... hopefully, final section?

Plots, pairings, characters.

I don't actually have most of the things in that heading. For one, I don't pre-make characters. I might reuse names or face claims(I use realistic face claims btw, and am comfortable using descriptions. You can use whatever you'd like, but realistic or descriptions are preferred), but I don't store characters for future use. This is not to say there's anything wrong with doing that, it's just not my style, I like making a new character for each roleplay I do.

I'm really looking for one idea right now. I might be open to other ideas of yours, but this is my big craving, the main reason I made a thread at all, so this is preferred.

Zombie Apocalypse. That's it. We can discuss the finer details, what kind of apocalypse it is, if there are even zombies, etc. The only thing I'll say upfront is that I love these types of roleplays in which both my partner and I play several main characters so it can have more of a group aspect, TWD style, but I'm open to just having two characters. I personally am willing to play up to... probably 6 characters at a time, of mixed genders and sexualities. These roleplays can be kind of gorey and depressing, with enemy NPC's or characters with dark motives, or pretty chill zombie-bashing and surviving, I'm open to it all. I just really like zombies and I'm not ashamed of it.

So... I suppose that's it! I really hope people reach out to me, whether in PM's or here, and if this doesn't seem like your thing, I'm glad you read this far anyways and hope you have an awesome day.
Fetch me their souls!

Zombies, Plz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back