the Empress's Aspect

Possibly, but it takes more than Essence and a nice Charm to get them going. It takes five hundred years for every crop if I remember. It takes a whole lot to grow those things.

I don't see Kejak as an idiot.  I see him as the mastermind behind the Usurpation - something that must have taken incredible planning, foresight into the Loom of Fate and likely powerful charms to affect the outcome of the Usurpation, not to mention that he's been a guiding hand in existence for the last 1500 years.  To do all of this and manage to stay low-key for centuries - and not manage to earn a collection of gods working together to destroy him - something tells me that even if he's not the most intelligent Exalt in Creation, he's certainly not an idiot.

Actually I think there is some kind of godly resentment toward all of the Sidereal Exalted now, since the Usurpation. They gave the Terrestrials the Immaculate arts and the spirit harming charms. Everyone knows it, and the Sidereals, the powerful ones at least, keep everyone under their thumbs.

Right, but with as many Sidereals as there are out there [100], I'm pretty sure that if the gods banded together, they could certainly take out the entirety of the Sidereal Exalted and change the balance of power permanently.

Just like the Unconquered Sun, the Maidens are busy playing the Games of Divinity.

Oh I know, but they actually take time away from the games, seeing as they don't dominate it like Gaia, Luna and the Sun. So it will be interesting.

Time it right, and BAM! [Emeril style], no more Sidereals running things.  Sure, they'll re-exalt, but in the time it takes them to grow into their power again, there will be a major shift in power, and the Maidens themselves might not have enough force and influence to put things back the way they were.

As I've said, it's going to start with the War Gods, they want power and they stock pile weapons of yore for Heaven's sake. That and the out of work gods. Watch...

Bodhisattva said:
Mr. Burns: "Excellent, Smithers.  Excellent."
not to say it would not be a great idea but i think the gods realize that the Siderials do the job of making sure that they all continue to exist. not something that the gods want to deal with. i mean Ahlat and those guys are happy with the status quo

Yes, because Ahlat is one of the big boys. He never used to be. He's happy because he can tell lesser gods to lick his boots. Wouldn't you like the status quo if you were one of the top 1% of this country?

Change the order of the world and someone's bound to be happy.  Balance of power shifts and someone's lickin' someone else's boots.

Pretty much how it goes. But then again, I just want to a make a game where the Bull God goes t owar against his peers  :twisted:

Actually I had thought up a scenario where the Bull God's Aurochs raid Imperial City, due to a religious artifact from his Name is taken. And put into a museum in Imperial City. It was a neat idea me thinks.

Why thank you! I might have to post it and expand upon it now. Plus the idea was sweet from the idea of DBs fighting it out with superior fighters. In an urban setting no less.

Well, y'know, I've seen/hear/read the same ideas over and over and over again.  How many times do you have to clone something straight out of Star Wars or Shakespeare to get a story?  Some people just don't have any imagination.

Actually I think there is some kind of godly resentment toward all of the Sidereal Exalted now' date=' since the Usurpation. They gave the Terrestrials the Immaculate arts and the spirit harming charms. Everyone knows it, and the Sidereals, the powerful ones at least, keep everyone under their thumbs.[/quote']
 While there is a section in Wonders [The Spirit Rebellion, p. 18] that can be implied to support this point of view, I'd like to point out a few problems with this:

1) Before the Siddies created the Immaculate MAs, the DBs were perfectly capable of injuring and dominating spirits--their Occult charm tree, for instance. This may change with the release of the 2nd Ed DB fatsplat, as the 2nd Ed SC gives no sample DB Occult charms, but as for now, it still holds true.

2) The Immaculate Order primarily targeted spirits that neglected their duties in favor of gaining direct prayer from the mortals--spirits in dereliction of their duties. While those that were slapped down certainly hold no love for the DBs (and possibly if they thought about it, the Siddie puppetmasters), most of those are relatively weak, Terrestrial gods. The powers-that-be in Yu-Shan are largely unaffected by the IO.

3) The Siddies are servants of the Bureaus they work for. While Kejak may have enough personal power that even the heads of the most prominent Bureaus may treat him as a contemporary, it is unlikely that even the Inner Circle of the BF can claim that, let alone the rest of the Siddies.

While at times a Siddie may exert her authority over some divinity, if she does not do so with the (sometimes tacit) backing of her Bureau and superiors, she'll land herself in an Audit she can't get out of, sooner or later.

True, hell I came up with the God of Essence in one game. That was like a four hour explanation of what he was and what he did. It was nuts.

Well, to my PCs, and it was a four hour debate mainly, me playing the NPCs, basically he had this god hooked to the internal Manse of the Isle.

A debate?

You explain, "This is X, the God of Essence, and he's involved in maintaining the Imperial Manse."

What did the players do, call canon on you?  :roll:

No, they didn't know what the damn thing was, it really wasn't a god per say, but one of the upper tier souls of a Primordial that was never in Creation during the War. It was long debate to find what it truly was made of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back