the Empress's Aspect

orionstark1482

i got in a fight with a friend about this. i think that the Empress is fire aspect because she is...you know the SCARLET empress. but m friend says that that is because of her hair color and he says their is no evidence either way. what do you think?

Canon has not presented any evidence to what Aspect she is; the Fire aspect theory is a popular one, but just that--a theory.

Not too bad of one, if one considers all the circumstantial info, but...

I believe one of developer comments mentioned that the Empress is Earth aspected?

There was a thread about this somewhere here, too... Hrm.

Earth Aspects don't exactly have a monopoly on longevity--look at Windtamer, who designed all the new Thrown charms in Aspect: Air and the sorcerer in Aspect: Wood who established the Heptagram after Mnemon wrec...ahem, survived the destruction of Versino.

Yeah, poor, poor Versino and greedy little Mnemon. I'm not saying they have the monoply on it, I'm merely saying, most of the ones who ARE oldest are the Earth Aspects. I mean, hell, look at that crazy bastard at the end of the Earth Aspect book, he's turning into a fucking gem from his age and power, plus the warping of his essence.

the empress's age has nothing to do with her own power. though she is more powerful then a DB is meant to be her longeviety has to do with her access to  first age tech

Plus, Mnemons hair is red, and we all know she's Earth.  So is the Roseblack and she's wood.  So hair color doesnt signify Elemental affinity.

orionstark1482 said:
though she is more powerful then a DB is meant to be her longeviety has to do with her access to  first age tech
Huh?
the oldest a dragon blooded is suppose to live to is in the 400s but the empress lived to be in her 700s and showed no sign of age.

But she's not exactly alone in this. Where did the mysterious 'First Age tech' come from that you're referring to?

(Btw, cutting a deal with the Ebon Dragon does not qualify as 'First Age tech.')

Exactly, but I look to Lookshy and their First Age tech. When the city was founded, Nefvarin was already old, and his anagathics cut out two centuries later, ending his long life. I simply think the woman had something on her to lay in the long age.

But she's not exactly alone in this. Where did the mysterious 'First Age tech' come from that you're referring to?
 (Btw, cutting a deal with the Ebon Dragon does not qualify as 'First Age tech.')
well she is the only DB to access the realms defences. she probably found a whole bunch of goodies in there with the mantle of Brigid.

If I'm not mistaken, something in... some book that I can't remember right now (I think it was an aspect book...) mentions a creation of super Dragon-Bloodeds among Shogunate DB scientists through some kind of breeding, near the fall of the Shogunates, or something like that...

Might be related to the Empress, somehow?

sssssz said:
If I'm not mistaken, something in... some book that I can't remember right now (I think it was an aspect book...) mentions a creation of super Dragon-Bloodeds among Shogunate DB scientists through some kind of breeding, near the fall of the Shogunates, or something like that...
maybe. that would be cool. reved up DBs that can take on celestials.

sssssz said:
Whoa, come again O.o Where was this at? Please elaborate.

Aspect book Air, the parts refering to the guy and his experiements. Could explain a lot actually...

orionstark1482 said:
well she is the only DB to access the realms defences. she probably found a whole bunch of goodies in there with the mantle of Brigid.
 And where did you unearth this nugget of information?

Look, I think your take on the Empress and her back story is an interesting one, but it doesn't mean that it's canon.

The experiments were originally contests between competitive academic groups, filled with 'secrecy, ritualized pageantry, and in some cases, a bit of hazing'...can we say DB Greeks?

One of the competition topics became the shaping and molding of peasants and patricians, with the 'winners' having a mortal with the most success and standing--by any means necessary. This influence, in some cases, extended for over two centuries with any given line.

Eventually, some of the cultivated families started expressing DB offspring...

Sorry this is so late in the discussion, but I don't come on that often anymore.

But, I think you're all off base.  

The empress is a cleverly disguised Siderial who's Astrological DIsguise wore off.  The idea was to keep the dragons well under control, and this was largely possible because they convinced many of the dragons that the terrestrials were in control of everything.

But they knew that some of them would be very thourough in their social investigations, and they presented a "practically unknown officer" who accomplished the impossible (to terrestrials anyway) of reactivating the imperial defense grid.  

The reason that everyone knows the empress, but none can tell you her aspect, is Arcane Fate or something similar.  

So, can anyone tell me how breeding and astrological disguises overlap?  I bet that if I pretend to be an exceptionally well bred DB, I'd produce children of similar stock, because Fate believes me to be an exceptionally well bred DB.  

--

And that Ebon Dragon short story could have been any megleomanic female dragon sorcereress with money and family.  

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back