• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Emperor's Chosen: A Deathwatch Campaign

"Brother Saturninus shall we head to the sparing cage then?" Kerith points to one of the large sparing cages with a gladius.

Heading into the sparing cage, Saturninus turns to face Varvarus and readies himself.

OOC

Inish = 8

[dice]22609[/dice]

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturninus springs forward swinging his blade at Varvarus.

OOC:

If there's room for it, this is a Charge (+10 WS)

Otherwise a standard attack, not going All Out Attack yet.

[dice]22612[/dice]

For those of you that don't have the book, Inish is a d10 then your Agility bonus (your first number of your Attribute. so 42=4) plus any bonuses you might have. (Though I don't think any of you have any yet.) As can be seen by the two old hats. Weapon skill is rolled on a D100 +10 for charging, only can be done by one. Roll under your weapon skill (adding any bonuses like the +10 to WS from charging) and you hit. You can make two half actions or a whole action. Defending and attacking once is a half action, unless you have a talent or such. roll under your dodge and your opponent's WS and you dodge it. Carry on you lot. I'm off to the doc. Not been feeling well.

Kerith quickly dashes to the side of Saturninus swing, Kerith then feints with one sword before attacking with his other.

OOC: I'm feinting then an attack. So opposed weapon test @dr xenon

[dice]22637[/dice]

Kerith continues with his other swing.

[dice]22640[/dice]

OOC: I may have lost my blade

During a complex maneuver, Kerith's sword slips from his grip and gets lodged into the side of the cage, however he is still armed with a spare.

"Thank you for evening-out the match, Brother," Saturninus says with a friendly smile. Then feints high, followed by a sweeping cut toward Kerith's mid-section.

OOC:

[dice]22648[/dice]

[dice]22649[/dice]

I can't hit crap in this sparring cage!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kerith once again side steps Saturninus swing, countering with a full body lunge.

OOC: All out attack, all or nothing baby.

[dice]22659[/dice]

Saturninus attempts to twist out of the way.

OOC: DODGE! I'm away from my rulebook and still rusty on the combat rules. Taking the Reaction to Dodge. Does that mean I forfeit my next attack?

[dice]22660[/dice]

No it does not. You get one reaction per round. Attack away! That was a good roll too, the Emperor protects.

Saturninus' twists just enough to get under Kerith's attack. He feints a kick to Kerith's knee and thrusts away.

OOC:

[dice]22668[/dice]

[dice]22669[/dice]

Kerith darts back taking a moment to study Saturninus' movements before lunging in again.

OOC: I'm aiming then attacking, Yeah now for the endless cycle of hits and parries xD

[dice]22670[/dice]

"Let's make this interesting brothers." Belifast said with a quick laugh. "You're both evenly matched so let's make it more fun." He goes over to a switch and flips it. The whir of chains come across and shorten the cage. +10 to Attack -10 to Dodge. "We usually reserve this for duels of honor, but I'd like to see a telling hit before the Space Wolves eat all the pastries."

Trying to deflect the attack with his own weapon, Saturninus receives the blow from Kerith.

OOC:

Sorry for the delay. Life intervened.

[dice]22683[/dice]

[dice]22795[/dice]

Quickly and sharply as the chains are deploying Kerith unleash a quick thrust to Saturninus' head.

"Well struck, Brother!" Saturninus bellows as blood oozes from a gash in his head. He eases back into a defensive posture, disengaging as much as possible in the tighter quarters. "Perhaps we should end with that measure of each other's merits? Let us observe our battle brothers or even press on to further training."

OOC:

Holding action in case Kerith decides to press the attack.

"Agreed, it is no easy feat to best a templar in combat. This will be a day I remember." Kerith bows lightly and moves off to the side to watch another sparing match.

OOC: Hope us two sparing showed you guys a bit how the combat system works so give it a shot so we can teach you now rather than mid fire fight XP.

"Good match Brothers!" Belifast said with a cheer. There was a loud tone that rumbles deep in your chest as it comes over the Vox of the Station. "Oh, Evening meal already?" Belifast says with a shrug. "Let's get going, we can test munitions after we eat." He says with a smile and walks you back to the mess hall. All sorts of different Chapters converge and mingle. A Dark Angel and a Space Wold are arm wrestling in the corner. The wolf pushes hard, but is bested at last by the hulking Devastator Dark Angel. There is a laugh and drinks are passed around. Belifast walks to the chapter serfs serving the meals. "It's their first day, make something special." He says with a smile. The serfs nod in silence and you all are given perfect recreations of food served in your own Chapter. "Last meal as non members. You don't get officially inducted until you get your armor back." Belifast explains. He is given a soup that looks completely foreign to all of you. You all take a seat and members of each of your Chapters hoist a cup to you as you pass. They all seem to be eating the same soup, save the others you were brought here with. They settled with members of their own Chapters. The five of you, among the ones that just arrived the only ones that seem to be seated with your squad. "Squad togetherness is important." Belfiast says looking at them. "Most gravitate towards their home chapters, but a squad's strength is it's ability to work in unison. If there is one thing that I've noticed is that your teammates are with you in person, even though your Chapter might be in your heart." he looks at the others in a serious manner for once, this seems to be something he takes very seriously.

Kerith looks at the small shrivelled recycled protein that passed for food on deliverance. "I think I would have preferred the soup."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back