Opinion The Elite OC-Only Rpers (Why even argue?)

Actually it's worse... I've seen a lot of E-Boy pics that look like they came from a beach summer photo shoot.

From a woman who's teen crushes were Brandon Lee as The Crow, Depp as Edward Scissorhands, and Peter Steele from Type O Negative... that Beach Bod crap is repellant for me. lol

This is going to be an exaggerated case but let's say like I wanted to play a Shiro Emiya in a Fantasy RP. And I'm doing this because I honestly don't feel like playing an entirely original character. So I give them the Weapon Copy Magic that works in the context of the RP and a final attack like Unlimited Blade Works. Get roughly the same personality, and make a biography that fits into the lore of the RP and use Shiro as the FC. Something like that. Of course to anyone who hasnt seen Fate thats going to look original but to anyone who's watched F/SN:UBW they're gonna be like, "that's just Shiro lmao."

Lots of characters have strong basis off others. I've based a lot of my various characters' abilities off the abilities of characters I've seen in various media. I base a lot of stuff off Nasuverse shenanigans for instance.

I mean of course it's definitely an issue if you take more than what you can chew like the basic personality and being blatant to the point where you copy EMIYA's twin blades as your signatures.

I've told a story about how this guy once said to me 'that sounds like a fandom idea! no go!' to one of my ideas without even saying what franchise it reminds him of. How maddening.

Ah well this discussion been around since the start of text rp and dial up Internet. I play ocs because I don't feel like I can do other people's stories justice. I have turned down other people to because they want to play canon does that make me an elitist? I think the community (in general) is too small to be too elitists every one has there own things they like to do for different reasons.

Ah well this discussion been around since the start of text rp and dial up Internet. I play ocs because I don't feel like I can do other people's stories justice. I have turned down other people to because they want to play canon does that make me an elitist? I think the community (in general) is too small to be too elitists every one has there own things they like to do for different reasons.
You're the RP Owner so it's within your right to deny them. You're not Elitist.

You came out pretty heavy handed for a thread you claim to want to remain civil. The OP literally champions a fight right out of the gate. I was subconsciously thinking, "Here we go this should be fun" the entire time.

I'm going to think of the staff who usually have to come settle me down, and take a hard pass on this.

I'll say it once, and only once in plain English so there is no room for interpretation.

No matter what you do in life, where you do it, how important it seems, and who you do it with, always give 100%. You only live once, and you get out of anything exactly what you put into it.

That's not some RP theorem bullshit, that's some shit to live and die by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back