• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Elementalists of Versaes (Interest Check)

Are you interested?

• Yes, please.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, thanks.

• Maybe, but I have ideas!

• Total voters

Prudentia

The Kitty Soldier
Hi there friends! I have an idea for a fantasy role-play to share with you all and hopefully draw in a few role-players. I do not have a set limit for people joining. Just ask away!

I have major points of the plot and ideas for the characters but I can always add in ideas from other role-players like you! Actually, it’s more fun with additions from others. Here we go!

This is a mixture of casual and detail role-plays. Be prepared to write a paragraph or two (or by choice up to four) for each post - not per character - and please reply frequently. Follow all RPNation rules for role-playing, and we will have fun!

Setting/Background:

Set in a planet called Versaes (Ver-say-us) (which is Earth in this setting), there are people with special abilities/powers named in history as Elementalists – they control anything from metal or water to fire or blood. In the present, they are only rumors to the next generation but historical legends to the parents and elders. Most families pass on their elemental genes to the next generation but children don’t realize they have an element until a situation calls for the element to “awaken.” There are three ways an element can be “awakened”: 1) A dangerous incident calls for elemental protection of the person 2) someone/something provokes and forces the element to come out by use of experiments, harm, confinement 3) a person trains knowing their genes carry the elemental power and it awakens naturally and healthy. The worst way for the element to awaken is through coercion (2), for in this method it diverts the element from natural growth inside the human, transforming it into an evil energy and can diminish one’s mental health into a desperate call for destruction and harm. The natural way is obviously (3) but it also takes a little longer but it’s healthy and best for the human. (1) can be healthy if the human trains after it awakens but can also speed up the process too quickly, for example, causing the human to have sporadic, out of control elemental moments.

Most next generation children are unaware they have the gene; parents have told them stories of the Elementalists; but the children believe them only to be rumors. In fact, many parents have told their children they are fairy tales – the government of Versaes called this a defense tactic for older generations to forget the horrors of war, famine, and obliteration of the world they knew before. Elementalists still exist, living among the people but many from the wars are discarded (a step up from homeless, living in poverty), exiled, or homeless. Veterans that have lost nearly everything; Enemies that have been imprisoned in another city. Of course, there are many who have jobs, and they use their elements among those who also carry the power; in secret areas.

Here are examples of life in Versaes, which you will find all the same to our reality: there are schools, powerful businesses, entrepreneurs, bakeries, cafes, arcades, parks, border patrol, police, good Samaritans, criminals, fancy homes, and poverty ridden areas.

Some of the main enemies are creatures called Beasts, who act as the demons of this world. Think of a mixture between Devil May Cry demons and Doom demons (check out pictures of both in searches). They can walk on two or four legs, fly if with wings, drill and travel through the ground, move swiftly and quietly despite their sizes, most have rows upon rows of razor-sharp teeth, and have blood-curdling cries.

The very main enemies are the evil elementalists with all sorts of plans to preserve how current Versaes is divided; create war between citizens and elementalists; destroy systems that created protection and order; release exiled elementalists; and/or obliterate cities and create their own “utopia,” for them, hell on Versaes. The evil Elementalists have taken up the name Arsenalists, for most of them carry the ability of dark fire and a craving for ashes and destruction but there are many who do not team up with the main Arsenalists and have different elements. Some are separate from the Arsenalist groups.

Plot:

During a peaceful morning, children are in school, teenagers skipping class, parents either at home working, at their jobs, or taking care of others at home; but suddenly several smaller quakes occur to bring notice to many on the ground – they are not big enough to strike notice to those higher up from ground level. At first, they are ignored but as more occur, they are reported to the officials. It is later reported that the Beasts (which are not known in history or currently) have randomly appeared and are attacking people and destroying everything. Forced to leave their homes, people run towards the border, which has the most protection but also a concrete wall that blocks them from the other cities. The other option is to escape through the subways but it can be risky due to less room to escape from the deadly bites of the Beasts.

The story commences: each role player is an Elementalist or can even be a non-Elementalist (regular human). Each one can be placed right within the scene of the quakes, nearby them, or far from them but in ear reach of the commotion. Each character in this story is a young teenager or young adult (at least in the first scenes) but choices can be made to be an older adult. As the characters are exposed to the Beasts and all the harm that occurred from their destruction, some of their Elements are awakened through spontaneous protection by their body (either protecting themselves, family members, or other citizens). After exposure to the newly found Elementalists, the Beasts retreat but the city is left disheveled. Now the characters know what they are is from legends, they must learn to control their abilities, they must learn from each other, and seek out help from “mentors/masters” who share their same abilities. Not to their knowledge, or the mentor’s knowledge, the Arsenalists and other evil Elementalists are plotting plans of ruin. The characters will experience tons of training, betrayal, challenges, alliances, and travel across different lands to stop the enemies, learn of their powers, and save other humans and Elementalists.

Your Character Each of you can choose an element – some of you can even share the same one if you want. The restrictions are that your character cannot have more than one element. BUT this is another legend by veterans and older generations, knowing of Elementalists who have carried multiple elements – these special people are called Giftests for their genuine heart into the good use of elements to the point they have awakened more than one. Another BUT, there are evil ones who have thwarted the “good intentions” of the use of elements, yet are still called Giftests. These people carry very rare genes and only through training have they been able to control all the elements they have inside their bodies.

Choose the age of your character, share some details/specs about him or her, and choose the element. Now for the elements, bring one up to me for approval because the world of Versaes has a vast array of elements and I will most likely approve nearly anything that you suggest.

Did I leave something out that you are interested in?? Please, feel free to ask! I look forward to role-playing with you, and let's have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="kira blackthorn]I'll join.
Ps. Deadman wonderland rocks. Shiro is adorable.

[/QUOTE]
Ah! I love that you know DW. She totally is!

Thanks for joining in. I'm polishing out my character specs and I'll post them so people have an idea of what works.

Here is my character specs – I apologize I had a huge break there but internships and work will pull me away sometimes. For your character’s name, middle and last names are optional. I just used a middle as well. Please do older than 10 years for age. For the special ability, put down at least one special move your character can do with his/her element upon learning it through training, and explain how it would be “created.” Be prepared to explain attacks (special or not) in the role-play. Put down a few skills your character has, for example, hacking, strength, book smart, multi-tasker, etc. For attire, you don’t have to add this but it gives an idea of what the rest of your character looks like

Character:

Name: Enzi Rae

Eye Color: Light Gray

Hair Color: Dark Umber

Skin Tone: Light Bronze

Attire: Darker colors; Semi-loose fit long-sleeve t-shirts, jeans, and small boots

Height: 5’4”

Element: Wind

Special Ability: Tornado-Gusts; with the wave of a hand, wind pulls together into a tornado or a cloud and is controlled at her will to be moved towards the target. Inside, are shards of wind moving at vast speeds ready to shred the target at the same time as forcing the enemy away.

Skills: Flexibility; Agility

Family Members: Mother (Living); Father (Died in War)

Personality: Outgoing, Friendly, Passionate

And now, it is your turn to make a character. I look forward to everyone's characters!

Name: Rin juniper

Eye Color: dark blue

Hair Color: dark blue with light blue and white highlights

Skin Tone: pale porcelain

Attire: Usually he wears loose clothes that's comfortable and easy to move in.

Height: 5’0”

Element: Bone

Special Ability: Bone boomerang: He forms small sharp projectiles that act like boomerangs. They can be broke but only with intense force.

Skills: Flexibility; Agility

Family Members:

Mother (dead) father(alive)

Personality:
Smart, shy, loyal, kind, and quiet.

(Go ahead and call me that.)

I would be interested in something like this. I would be interested in creating either an air or a sound elementalist.

I would say that an air elementalist could create wind, but a wind elementalist wouldn't exactly be able to do the other things that I had planned for my character should I go that route. My character would be able to alter air pressure making breathing more difficult (it would be like you were at a lot higher of an altitude than you actually are) and he would also be able to collect oxygen and direct it. This could do different things such as fuel or suffocate fire, suffocate people and other stuff that is cool.

If you'd rather I not go that route, though, I am perfectly fine using sound. It was just a cool idea I use for another rp character and it is actually a lot of fun.

Awesome sauce! I probably won't make an actual character sheet tonight anymore because I have to head to work soon, but my character's name is Light Ethereal and he will be an air elementalist.

I have a few (novella length, save me) responses to write, but I'll be able to rewrite it if I pull another allnighter. My twins better be grateful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back