• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Electric Arabian Nights

TheRockInception

You're literally looking at a $2,000 meme machine
When we think of Dieselpunk or fantasy, the first thing to come to mind is a castle in a European forest, with a king and queen ruling over their land. Or does the scene of huge airships in the sky, smog from the Industrial Revolution and electric horses pulling their carriages come to mind? The story is almost always the same, and I'd like to spice things up.

My idea of course is a Dieselpunk/Fantasy RP set somewhere in the Middle East between the mid/late 1800's-early 1900's (I got the trial to Dishonored 2, I am absolutely loving it). This yet to be named country is alive. Imports of coal and guns have begun to bring this nation legs of iron. Aeroplanes fly through the sky to deliver passengers and cargo from one side of the country to the other, and trains allow people and tourists to travel in relative comfort to any part of the country. War is a business, and business is good.

I don't really have a plot in mind, I literally just got this idea a few minutes ago. I thought that so many fantasy settings are set in the European forest, why not the sands of the Middle East that would be the hotbed of violence and war in one or two centuries later? Anyone willing to offer suggestions? This will take thirdmost importance on my priority list, second is the multiple 1x1's I'm in and first is finishing my Military RP.

Last edited:
Riyahm Country map.jpg

Made a map. Never doubt the power of MS paint and a blank map! Source (Yes, I used Israel as a template as it's ideally how I want this country to be. Bite me and sue me. Red indicates towns, El Alamien indicates the capital, blue lines indicate railroads/roads.

Last edited:
I see a tiny lil' bit of home peekin' out there
You've my support.

Now, question tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime~!

1. Magic?
  2. Races?
  3. Limits of technology?

Magic will not exist, and there are only humans, though I suppose there might be some advanced gene editing...
The only real limits I can think of is that the society in this country is the equivalent of late 1800's England to early 1900's England. This country will eventually become conquered jointly by England and France, and any history of its existence and technology has either been destroyed or integrated into either France or England.

Now I'm confused.
But don't you worry, I'll attempt to reread all of this in the morning; I'm quite sleepy. Thank you, b0ss!

Probably.

So let me get this:
Victorian. Steampunk. War.
Middle East. France/England.
Or is the conquering thing yet to be?

Probably.

So let me get this:
Victorian. Steampunk. War.
Middle East. France/England.
Or is the conquering thing yet to be?

The conquering thing is to happen after the roleplay ends. This country (I've named it Riyahm) was became a colony under joint French and British rule, colony wanted independence, what makes up Lebanon was this colony, so the French and British agree to recognize its independence in exchange for Lebanon, which France and England own separately (as seen in the map). But yes, there will be steampunk, there will be bloodshed (possibly).

I'm in, as long as we get at least two more people; can never do steampunk on a small scale.
I'll try to recruit somebody.
I'll go seek some b0sses. Give me a day or so.

Now bid me goodnight. I shall embark on this quest and commence my search in the morning. Goodnight to thee, my liege b0ss.

see i'm a meme magnet i got u the meme queen herself
im bilions of chromosomes old

Users who are viewing this thread

Back