• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Elder Scrolls: The Fifth Era

OppositeInverse

The Origin of The End.

'There is a time for rising, and there is a time for falling. The moment that both come to head at a single point, will be the moment all of history will nexus into a severed origin.' - Excerpt from Amni Rend's Singulus, the first book ever written in the Fifth Era.

-> The Timeline <-

9fc3254e-0e1b-400d-8f1c-871f348c2759_560_420.jpg

The history of Tamriel has been one filled with the rise and fall of many regimes, eras, and shifts of power both mortal and aetherial. The planet has seen an unseeming end of turmoil and tragedy, but with it great tales and ballads of heroes that brought forth a spark of hope and light for man and mer of the world. The woes of Jagar Tharn, The Warp in the West, Oblivion Crisis, and the Return of Dragons... all have seen victory in the end with great heroes and conquest to save mortalkind from the blight of death and destruction. But now comes the Fifth Era. The past was now lore and history as the dealings of the legendary Dragonborn and the events after that legacy were supplanted as stories to pass on to the next way of life. The Fifth Era now brings a new chance for revolution and change. A chance to distinguish itself from all of the other darkness that has came before.

Or so was believed.

Year - 5E 0
pauldouglas_1434573801_lightningGIFanimated.gif

A field of dead imperial soldiers scatter the dark lands as lightning flashes from every rapid direction. Birds scatter about in panic and fear as the sound of thunder propagates the area. The smell of blood and death fouls the air, as the last grunts and cries of the men and women fade from existence. Footsteps. Clad armor presses through the blood soaked ground, as a dark figure drifts about, looking at the field of 200 defeated soldiers. They lie defeated in the plains of Solstheim, with the flashes of the heavens the only source of light. In the darkness, the flashes reveal a stoic dark being, bold yet obscure to the world. A blood soaked blade lie at the side of the armor, as one soldier was found crawling away from the chaos, half of his body left behind as he bleeds out. The dark figure broodingly walks over to stand over him, the soldier's fearful eyes looking at the incarnation of death and absolution as he attempts to speak his plea. The dark being's sword plunges itself into the soldier's throat, twisting it to effectively sever the spinal connection and end the suffering's life. Deep, heavy and dark breaths escape the presence of the being, as silence from the ground accompanies him like a faithful companion. A dark inhale of ghastly air as the being clutches the blade and looks up to a foreboding sky, the white hot flashes almost complimenting the grim terror that surrounded the fields. The metal grips together as the fingers among the gauntlet ball a tight fist, the thunder booming overhead as the fist starts to glow a deep and powerful rainbow color from inside the figure's hand. It shines even brighter than the lightning from the heavens of Mundus. The ground begins to tremble severely, the lifeless and limp bodies shaking along the tremors like dead fish to vibrations. The figure punches the ground with a monstrous fury and strength, the rainbow energy shooting through the ground to form cracks in the earth.

And suddenly, in a flash of lightning, the figure was no more, vanishing from the land. The lightning and storms stopped abruptly, and nothing but a symbol was left behind with a message written in the mud, written in the blood of the fallen.

'THE BETRAYED ONE SHALL RISE.'

This RP will focus on an original story with some lore from the past being used to drive the story, as Tamriel will face a threat like never before. If you're a die hard fan of the Elder Scrolls series, then you'll love the plot that will be revealed and the lore to explore as this new era is literally open and available to all direction! If you don't know the series and just wish for some high fantasy and expansive epic action, you're still in the right place! The focus will be on a makeshift group of warriors, soliders, mercenaries, mages, assassins, what have you!!! Think of it as an Avengers team up in the Elder Scrolls Universe. This rag-tag team will delve into a very grounded, yet epic plot that will put all of Nirn at stake, and possibly even the realm of the spiritual and dimensional. Something has risen in Tamriel, and it's going to take the prowess of every civilization if the light of life is to be maintained in Tamriel. I know it's vague, but it's a secret plot that will all fit together when revealed. I NEED LONG TERM, COMMITTED, NON-DITCH RPERS. Don't consider joining if you know it'll be a matter of time before you can't Rp in this. Respectfully it'll save everyone involved time and stress.

For those who may not be completely familiar, I'll provide some links below to help in any area you may want to know about or be knowledgeable in. I'll also probably make a lore page or add it to the CS page if this gets enough interest. For those who already know ES, then yeah proceed lol.

Gods
Magic
Races
Factions
History

You are free to make whatever character you desire for this RP as long as it fits within the universe. If you try to make an OP character like the Dragonborn (the first one, not this one!), without real reason or nuance you'll most likely be rejected. My character will be playing an outcasted Nord mage who's seen as weird for her choice to become fascinated with magic as opposed to her innate warrior Nord ways. She'll be an almost master in Alteration. Unique factors like this will grab my attention as well. This is not first come first serve, I look for good grammar and character depth and development. That plus a quality and quantity poster will win the day.

And now some rules!

RULES:

1. The main one. Respect RPN and its rules.

2. Any questions or intrigue about the plot or story come to me! I love hearing ideas even if we don't incorporate them.

3. OOC will be friendly and respectful. IC be extra and add flair all you'd like BUT...

4. BE REASONABLE. Realistically adapt and grow into abilities and make logical choices. You can control weather? Know that you will not begin with master powers or creating storms at will. Go into a very secure fort base tossing fireballs alone against masses of enemies? Your IC has ended lol.

5. I do not mind if you guys subplot romance. Just keep it PG-13.

6. Try to have UNIQUE characters. For some reason people love military defeating or unstoppable based characters. If you want to make a combat character go ahead just flesh them out. I will not begin approval process until I see and feel good about your CS sheet. Only those that are approved will get a chance to move on to plot integration. If you do not make the cut, or if you don't even want to have a powered character speak to me about a support role and I'll see what I can do.

7. I do not and will not have overly OP characters through Mary/Gary sues, godmodding, metagaming, etc. If you get a dragonborn and you want to have all 83202 shouts he's known for having, forget about it. I'm all for powerful characters, just make sure they have nuance and reason to be so. Your character will have THREE skills to be prominent at. No more than three will be allowed (Ex. Archery, Destruction, and Block). Refer to the skills here to determine what's best for your character.

8. If you cannot post due to IRL or other reasons please post in consideration of everyone else. I'm interpreting this RP to go relatively fast pace wise not too speedy, so if you need assistance ask and you shall receive! And...

9. If you do fall too far behind or get in a hole you cant climb out of that doesn't mean you're done for. Unless you're intentionally a jerk or going against the tide of the plot, you can get back up to pace.

10. If you band together, or fight amongst each other IC, coordinate with each other as I will be overseeing those situations with a final outcome, but stay true to character and abilities. Don't force it just because you wanna "be great"

11. HAVE FUNNNNNNNN!!!!!

* I've also left a secret in this post. Doubt anyone will find it but you'll get extra character perks if you do find it! Hint: Use the blood of Akatosh *

Characters:
+ MaJhuna, The Nordic Witch - [OppositeInverse]
+ [OPEN]
+ [OPEN]
+ [OPEN]
+ [OPEN]
+ [OPEN]
(Will add more if warranted)

CHARACTER SHEETS

Last edited:
Very, very, very interested, especially since I saw this as starting my 10000th play through of Oblivion.

OppositeInverse OppositeInverse Do the characters
A) Need to be a part of the 'Avengers' of this universe to begin with, or shall fate bring them together all spooky like?
B) Are there any requirements for them to be a part of this team? i.e. certain alignments, affiliations, locations, etc.
C) Can you have 'underpowered' characters for this, i.e. less traditional fighter types or those who aren't even combat centric? Or perhaps are just useless goons.

OppositeInverse OppositeInverse Do the characters
A) Need to be a part of the 'Avengers' of this universe to begin with, or shall fate bring them together all spooky like?
B) Are there any requirements for them to be a part of this team? i.e. certain alignments, affiliations, locations, etc.
C) Can you have 'underpowered' characters for this, i.e. less traditional fighter types or those who aren't even combat centric? Or perhaps are just useless goons.
A) They don't have to be, fate will definitely run them all together.
B) Nope, free to create whoever you wish as long as they're nuanced.
C) Sure if you wanted to, entirely up to you!

I love Elders Scrolls and this seems like a nice plot!
(^ 8 ^)~ Here's my interest.
I'm definitely interested. Seems like an updated version of my namesake shall finally see the light of day.

Shit, I think the main villian's here!
I'm interested! Woo!
Interested!
I'm so down

Same thing I told Bang Bang, you guys don't have to approach me now with character ideas but I will say if you PM me some ideas and what you have in mind it could better ensure you a spot to stand out in the CS.

Also, try to find the secret in my post ;) bet you cannot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back