• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Elder Scrolls: Elsweyr

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
This game will not begin before Feb. 2015

It is the year 3E380, and Uriel Septim sits the Imperial Throne.

The Khajiit, however, know no true ruler but The Mane. Elsweyr is not the Empire.

These sands will never accept the tread of man or mer. The jungles know their own.

The Khajiit have purpose, though even they barely know or comprehend it.

The Elder Scrolls have foretold a terrible fate will befall the Khajiit, and if it is not halted, darkness will swallow Nirn.

The Blades have been dispatched to uncover this mystery, but even they can do only so much.

And so you, weary traveller or sugar-addled native, may yet have a hand in the days that are to come...

Elsweyr: Get immersed in the Elder Scrolls setting in a new way, and explore mysterious Elsweyr as I've carefully reconstructed it from sources through TES history.

Simple System: I've made conversions to Strange Times as found in Crucible for a quick-to-use, robust system that strives to combine the best of Morrowind and Skyrim. It'll continue refinement until the release date, so feedback and suggestions are all welcome.

Lore-Correct: Kirkbride's metaphysics will be in full effect, Cyrodiil is dense jungle, the feel of Morrowind is what we're aiming for - myth, mystery, and strangeness.

Variety of Choice: All standard races are playable, with some tweaks only possible through this manner of RP, including the Khajiit subraces. Arguments could be made for Sload or Imga, but don't hold your breath.

Requirements

Some familiarity with the Elder Scrolls is a must, but you needn't be a lore buff to enjoy it (though as a relentless lore-hound you may enjoy it more), the ability to direct your character without a GM handing you a plot to follow, and a willingness to learn a new system - which I will help with all the way and accept useful advice or suggestions on.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh this sounds preety interesting,well im kinda of a newbish on dice roleplays so,do you accept beginners on this?and i played basically all of the elder scrolls games,although i only completed from morrowind to skyrim,daggerfall i still need time for it....but anyway,does the style of our characters will be class based or not?and will it have the morrowind style of skills,with long swords,short swords,axes,blunt weapons and etc being separated?

I'd be really interested in playing this, having been on a recent Skyrim kick. I noted that the doc mentions you've got magic very Morrowind-oriented at the moment. Do you reckon you'll be keeping Mysticism as its own school, or absorbing it into the other schools like Skyrim did? I found that teleports and kinetics under Alteration made more sense flavour-wise, but that's just my take on it obv.

I'm totally not asking because I wanna play an Alteration mage. <.<

I don't want to remove Mysticism, but it does make more sense to put some of the kinetics and teleportation under Alteration.

Now don't bash me for this, I know as it seems you want to keep to the lore of the series as much as possible which is great....

Buuuutttt....even though it isn't a playable race I have always wanted to be a Daedric necromancer. If that's possible count me in.

If not, let me be a Snow Elf mage and I'll be fine too.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnntttttttttttttttttteeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssstttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg

Just noticed, the Khajiit aren't statted out on the document ... might be a slight issue for an Elsweyr setting. ;)

The most common ones ought to be, but yeah, I do need to stat the various kinds of Khajiit.

But I'll do that when someone picks them because it's tiresome work.

Breton Masterrace.

Breton Mageslayer Assassin. Maybe a dabbler in illussion and mysticism for the purpose of better sneaking and better mage-defeating.

But mostly just a shank-happy Breton.

...Or I dunno. Kind of interested, but honestly kinda low on free time for more RP's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back