• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Elder Scrolls: Ashes of Vvardenfell ~Interest Check~

Skadi

OOC

The year is 4e15.

• Fifteen years ago, portals to Oblivion opened up all over Morrowind and Tamriel.  The entire city of Ald'ruhn rose to fight, but nearly all fell, buried under waves of nightmarish daedra even more terrifying than the monsters of the Blight. The people petitioned for aid, but the Empire was weakened from fighting its own battles. Prayers to Vivec and the Nerevarine went unanswered.

Ten years ago, Baar Dur crashed into Vivec, triggering the eruption of Red Mountain.  The residents of Morrowind looked on in horror as a cloud of death radiated out from the mountain, burning and suffocating everything in its path.  Ash and lava continue to spew forth from the mouth of the mountain to this day, making much of Vvardenfell uninhabitable.

Five years ago, House Redoran valiantly pushed the Argonian invaders out of mainland Morrowind and back into Black Marsh.  However, thousands of mer lay dead, House Telvanni retained but a whisper of its former power, and the city of Tear was completely decimated.  This was the Dunmer peoples' first victory since the Nerevarine defeated Dagoth Ur, but it felt like just another tragedy in a series of divine punishments.

-----

...And yet, there are some in Morrowind who have begun to hope for a better future.  The Dunmer are beginning to accept the absence of Vivec, Almalexia, and Sotha Sil, and a few Dissident Priests have founded the New Tribunal Temple, returning to the practice of worshiping the Good Daedra and the ancestors.  The Great Houses are making an effort to restore and recolonize the salvageable settlements in Vvardenfell along the West Gash, the Bitter Coast, and the Grazelands, with great success in now Redoran-controlled Balmora.  Morrowind's newfound independence from the Empire led to the expulsion of Imperial-affiliated House Hlaalu from the Great Council as well as the rise of House Redoran, bringing a semblance of stability to Morrowind politics, although there are always ambitious plotters and schemers throughout the nation.

You and a group of other skilled individuals have been hired by a mysterious House Sadras businessman for an expedition to Vvardenfell.  Your party will explore and map the ash wastes, discover newly formed glass and ebony deposits, establish trade contacts with the ashlander tribes, locate and recover valuable artifacts left in the ruins, and eventually set up the first new colony in Vvardenfell since the Red Year.  Although the members of your party share a common mission, their allegiances differ.  They may be members of different Houses, different races, different factions, or even different nations.  Some may have no allegiances at all and are simply looking out for their own best interests. 

Will the expedition succeed and help move Morrowind past this time of trials, or will the destruction of Vvardenfell claim a few more souls? 

Can the members of the expedition trust each other with their survival?

In the end, who will this expedition benefit?  House Sadras, Morrowind, or some other, unseen faction?

Rules

1. No godmodding!  All of the party members are supposed to be highly skilled in something, but don't make them good at everything.  Everyone has strengths and weaknesses!

2. Post frequently.  If you're expecting that you won't be able to post for a few days, that's totally okay, just PM me or drop by in the OOC to keep us updated as much as you can.  If I don't hear from you I reserve all rights to boot you.

3. Be somewhat familiar with Morrowind/TES lore.  UESP and The Imperial Library are fantastic resources (as well as the actual games, ha-ha).  There's a lot there, I'm not an expert, and I don't expect anyone else to be.  If I make errors feel free to correct me.  There seems to be a lot of room for creativity in this particular setting/time period, so as long it seems consistent with rules of the world and doesn't contradict with any preexisting lore, feel free to fill in some of the vagaries.

4.  No one liners unless it's for dramatic or comedic effect.

5.  Have decent grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back