• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings the eclectic cravings collection | 21+, ocs, lgbt, historic.

hitchcock o clock

Intro

Hello, I am a 29 year old full time student and devoted procrastinator and although this account is quite new, I am neither new to rp or new to rpn for that matter. I have another rpn account but unfortunately couldn't manage to recover it, so if any of this seems familiar, hello again! As I said, not new to rp, have been rping in some capacity or other about half my life now! anyway, i want to keep this fairly so let me skip on ahead to the actual search and let me break down the important bits! and apologies for advance for how the cravings are written, it's all a bit ... stream of consciousness just now lol

Style & preferences
  • 21 and over only!
  • 3rd person POV
  • very pro ooc chatting and plotting, so much of the fun is in teasing out ideas together or just exploring characters and worlds through hypothetical and aesthetics
  • 100% ghost friendly
  • semi lit, lit, lazy/casual literacy. basically I don't want one liners but by God I have so many assignments so let's keep it relaxed lol
  • on a similar note, relaxed replying pace/frequency
  • I do have a lot of college work and pretty abysmal concentration, so if reliability and consistency are your top priorities, we unfortunately won't be a good match
  • realistic face claims strongly prefered but art accepted, not into using youtubers, influencers or models as face claims. I love a face that fits the ~mood~ of the role.
  • I can rp here or discord but I do rather here first to see if we're compatible then discord server if'n we're vibing
  • I don't want to overwhelm myself so I may be a tad selective with these plots
  • Please send me a dm rather than commenting on the thread, easier to have one to one conversations that way!

wordbank - tough love, old west, protectiveness, gritty, violent, motivated by money, motivated by revenge, transient lifestyle, makeshift camps, living out of a suitcase, religion, poverty, melancholy, codependency, surrealist escapism on a harshly realistic backdrop, northern england, sparse houses, old wallpaper, dysfunctional families, sharing a bed with only enough room for one, sharing food that’s only enough for one, violence, loyalty, only two people in the world, unconventional domesticity, making it up as we go along. characters with unpalatable flaws who don’t always make the right decision or say the right thing, characters who aren’t conventional in presentation and/or personality.

Cravings

no real plot, again just a general theme/setting/atmosphere. I’m not a history buff and wouldn’t expect perfect accuracy but I’d really like to try out a western rp! Most of my inspiration would come from spaghetti westerns tbh, I haven’t played it or know much about it but I also imagine red dead redemption has that similar feeling going on. A story set in 1800s america with characters and stories involving desperation, greed, bandits and bounty hunters, tragic heroes, villains and characters with unpalatable flaws, vengeful characters, unstable partnerships that could end in glory or damnation, that could end in mad devotion or deadly betrayal. I do have one or two characters I could play for this. I can go into detail about them in dm but I’d also be a-okay with creating a new character just for the setting. Our characters could be opposites like an outlaw and a bounty hunter or they could be thick as thieves/partners in crime. Reluctant partnership born of necessity and mutually beneficial or an outlaw and their captor. The idealist clergyman and the wayward criminal. Anything we can think of!
m/m, maybe f/f. I'm particularly looking for something inspired by the kitchen sink realism genre, soooo, working class England in the late fifties to early sixties, trapped and disillusioned by society, often tackling themes of adultery, secrets, crime, unhappy families, frustration and social isolation. Maybe a man who has found himself settled too comfortably in a loveless marriage having an affair and has started to receive blackmailing threats? Maybe a blue collar lad has committed a crime (or is wrongly accused) and must conceal it, the only person he can turn to right now for help is his estranged childhood friend who has come up in the world and really doesn’t need to be associated with a criminal? Perhaps we could borrow the overall vibe of such films and plays but make it about a pair of young musicians, focusing on their formative years as they join a band destined for big things but for now are unknown. I don’t have a specific character already created here but I do have general ideas!
m/f, f/f, nb/f. Again, sorry for no specific plot, I just really enjoy the idea of a strange and isolated young woman with a strange and isolated life who bonds with a monsterous creature. For the monster I am imagining a creature with a guillermo del toro sort of feeling, so this isn’t for anyone looking for a monster that is mostly human-like. This would also be a historic setting of some sort! Perhaps a peculiar girl in the 1600s in a puritanical little village is in danger of being executed as a witch when a monster comes along and saves her, hiding her away in a cabin in the woods. Or maybe this strange woman lives with her proper aristocratic family (or works for such a family) in the 1800s, when they stay in their gothic countryside estate she finds herself watched from the shadowy corners of the cavernous house. Maybe a mousy secretary or farm girl in the 1960s is always fantasising about a life less mundane and routine, or just some companionship, when a monster appears! Many possibilities!
another plot that is open when it comes to where and when it takes place, a whole bunch of settings come to mind for this so if you're interested i can shoot some ideas off in dms and am very happy to hear yours! anyway, the core idea is our two characters are running away from something whether it's a bad home life, the law, a debt owed, who knows! maybe they just seek an escape from a life too ordinary. whatever the case, the rp would focus on their transient lifestyle, roaming from place to place, taking on new identities, making things up as the go along, sometimes they'll get lucky and bluff their way into a free luxury hotel suite, sometimes they have to huddle together in the desert sand beneath the stars. sometimes they'd swear they'll never need another soul, other times they wonder if they are crazy for living like this. i just think it'd be a lot of fun and honestly indulging my escapist nature to imagine a pair who roam around on the fringe, off of society's radar. this will most likely be something pretty chilled to play around with and be a little lazy about haha

feel free to pm if any of that sounds like it may just be up your alley or you have any questions, have a good day/night!

Last edited:
so if reliability and consistency are your top priorities, we unfortunately won't be a good match
yes!
wordbank - tough love, old west, protectiveness, gritty, violent, motivated by money, motivated by revenge, transient lifestyle, makeshift camps, living out of a suitcase, religion, poverty, melancholy, codependency, surrealist escapism on a harshly realistic backdrop, northern england, sparse houses, old wallpaper, dysfunctional families, sharing a bed with only enough room for one, sharing food that’s only enough for one, violence, loyalty, only two people in the world, unconventional domesticity, making it up as we go along. characters with unpalatable flaws who don’t always make the right decision or say the right thing, characters who aren’t conventional in presentation and/or personality.
YES!

colour me intrigued... if you're still looking, let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back