• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Dying World Beneath (CLOSED)

DergTheDergon

Huggles fo all :3
A couple of friends of mine and myself have a nice group rp going, which revolves around two perspectives: an underground city of supernatural creatures that try to exist on their own away from the humans who despise them, and a group of hunters who will eventually discover this city. As our story begins, the city of supernaturals, known as Deepvale, is pushing for inter-species relations in light of the endangered state of many of the races that populate it.

Right now, we're looking for one more to play a few of the supernaturals specifically. Depending on the amount of characters you can handle, you could perhaps make a hunter as well, but we are definitely in need of more supernaturals to make the whole interspecies dating thing work out. You'd need to be comfortable with playing at least two characters. We like the small group and want to keep it small, however we all have multiple characters ourselves and are finding it difficult to give a few of them of them much interaction with other characters.

If you're interested, lemme know and I'll add ya to the pm that acts as our out of character chat and catch ya up on the goings-on. Here's the threads so you can have a looksie at what we've got going so far:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-dying-world-beneath-cs.346017/
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-dying-world-beneath-ic.347386/

Thanks for readin'! :D

Last edited:
Sounds fun. I'm interested.

However, are the supernaturals already pre-made, or could I make the character from the ground up?

Last edited:
PanOtterPus PanOtterPus & DergTheDergon DergTheDergon

If there are spaces, I too would love to join - I adore having multiple characters, so will probably bolster up supernaturals and pop in a few humans too, depending on how many numbers you need :) However I can help, lemme know.

Also, OtterPus...

tumblr_nkn80xE5TS1up3qbzo1_500.gif

Hello

Really reminds me of that one novel I've read when I was younger, can't really recall the name though, hmm...

Colour me interested though if there are any more spots open :)

So the others aren't online at the moment (we three are in differing time zones and get busy during the day) so we'll have a chat and get back ASAP. Thanks to everyone for the interest though!!

ALL THIS INTEREST :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::closed eyes open smile::closed eyes open smile::closed eyes open smile::closed eyes open smile::closed eyes open smile::o):o):o):o):o):o):o):o):o):o):o) THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!

And special thanks to PanOtterPus PanOtterPus for holding down the fort while I was at work/ recovering from work <3

Sir Basilisk Sir Basilisk Verdas Verdas Persephones Grief Persephones Grief Vampunk Vampunk You four can work on character sheets now :D. be warned though, we want to keep the group small so we may not let all of you in. We'll have to discuss with our third current member, who won't be back until tomorrow, about the terms for acceptance into the rp. I'm thinking first-come-first-serve but we may end up deciding based on your characters. Either way, we very much look forward to seein' whatchu peeps come up with! :D

Last edited:
Btw, if you have any questions you need answered about teh rp I will happily answer them, and if I'm not around, PanOtterPus or perhaps even Rustic may do so.

Last edited:
DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Before I start working on m character, I want to clear something up. Must the supernaturals' races be that of already existing ones (e.g dragons, elves, vampires, fae) or can they be made up?

It will be a carnivorous-plant-monster-girl-thingy (which I cannot find any reference for, the most similar creatures being dryads) and I'd like to know whether it would be acceptable or not before I let this idea go into full bloom. If not, I'll proseed to change it. Ty in advance.

DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Before I start working on m character, I want to clear something up. Must the supernaturals' races be that of already existing ones (e.g dragons, elves, vampires, fae) or can they be made up?

It will be a carnivorous-plant-monster-girl-thingy (which I cannot find any reference for, the most similar creatures being dryads) and I'd like to know whether it would be acceptable or not before I let this idea go into full bloom. If not, I'll proseed to change it. Ty in advance.
Oooh, I like that idea :D go right ahead. Can't wait to see what she's like.

Btw everyone, just about any out-there race idea you could possibly have will be allowed unless I feel like it'd be overpowered or something similar. :3

SHE

IS

SO

CUTE

Morning, Wood.

I want to hug her GM I'm sure this already the choice but please put her over me in order of acceptance YOU CANNOT SAY NO TO THAT ADORABLE SERATED TOOTH FACE <3 <3 <3

Sir Basilisk Sir Basilisk Verdas Verdas Persephones Grief Persephones Grief Vampunk Vampunk LostHaven LostHaven Collidias Rex Collidias Rex

So, to all who showed interest, Derg, Rustic and I have discussed and a little list/message has been put together by Rustic, so please take the time to check it over as it give a bit more info on what we expect from those we choose:

*Hello! Thank you all for your interest!*

As a group, we've decided that the best way to resolve the surplus of attention we've received here is to go ahead and let you sort of apply with prospective characters for us to consider. Asking you all to post applications isn't really what we'd exactly like to do, either, but we've come to the conclusion it's probably the fairest way for all of you and the safest bet for us. That said, we'd be needing two characters from each of you, but making just one character for this process will suffice! We may also be taking on more than one member, but that's still up in the air. We're still mulling things over, and like we mentioned in the first post, we'd like to keep things small so we stand a better chance at success!

With that in mind, to narrow down the pool and to give you all a better idea of what you'd be getting into, here is sort of a list of what we're looking for. Assuming you're fine with the following, we'll be closing up our search and picking from the characters you all have posted once we finish our current scenes and get ready to start new ones, which will probably be in a few days since we're each busy with our own things for now. If you need more time, if you've lost interest, or if you have any questions, let any or all three of us know!

Rustic Rustic , DergTheDergon DergTheDergon , PanOtterPus PanOtterPus

- Above all else, we are looking for someone interested in working with us on this roleplay for the long-term. We've become invested in seeing this idea through, and we'd like to recruit a person or people interested in doing so, too! While we will understand if you decide that you need to leave for whatever reason after you've joined, we do ask that going in, you are prepared to make this commitment with us.

- We are not interested in imposing a writing standard or a post schedule on anyone we will be accepting for this roleplay. Casual or detailed roleplay is fine, as are posts that come quickly or take more time than ours, as are posts with some grammatical error. We aren't critics. That said, if it is relevant to you, right now we are doing two to five paragraphs per post and are posting once every one to two days. That is subject to change, but that's where we're currently at! To add to this, if posts are taking longer than usual, a small bump may be given - but not to worry, it'll just be a casual "hey, remember that scene we're doing?"

- While we'll definitely have serious, dramatic, and/or dark moments in the roleplay, on the whole, we're going for a lighter atmosphere. Nothing especially gritty; it's currently just kind of a mix of slice-of-life and drama and adventure. For a better idea of what we're going for, what we're currently doing in our roleplaying thread should give you a good idea! This advice isn't meant to limit what type of character you'll make, but do keep it in mind, especially if it's relevant to your continued interest. So please, we ask that you each take the time to look over the RP as it is now to give you an idea of where we're at.

- It is worthwhile to mention that, while we do have a good idea where we're going plot-wise with the roleplay, we don't have everything totally planned out. Derg has become our de facto GM/DM for coming up with detailing bigger events, but for smaller scenes and direction decisions, we will ask that help us to keep things interesting. That you not only be a participant in this roleplay, but a collaborator. That said, we're all new at having to do this, so if that prospect worries you, that's okay! We'll be here to help out when you need it; we only ask that you're willing to try new things and are willing to communicate if and when you're short on ideas.

- To add on to this thought, please be willing to talk with us in general! You don't have to do so excessively, or force familiarity with us if you're not up to it, but we will want to hear how you're feeling about your posts and the roleplay in general, and we will ask for your input at certain junctions. Just keep us updated!

- Lastly a thank you to those who have already submitted their characters - Derg (as our GM) will look them over at the earliest convenience (aka sometime after work) and in the meantime, that gives the rest some time to get some creative juices flowing ^-^ Characters don't need to be up today, but over today and tomorrow would be preferable as we'd like to continue on with the RP itself and get your intors started. Best of luck frendidos ~

Sir Basilisk Sir Basilisk Verdas Verdas Persephones Grief Persephones Grief Vampunk Vampunk LostHaven LostHaven Collidias Rex Collidias Rex

So, to all who showed interest, Derg, Rustic and I have discussed and a little list/message has been put together by Rustic, so please take the time to check it over as it give a bit more info on what we expect from those we choose:

*Hello! Thank you all for your interest!*

As a group, we've decided that the best way to resolve the surplus of attention we've received here is to go ahead and let you sort of apply with prospective characters for us to consider. Asking you all to post applications isn't really what we'd exactly like to do, either, but we've come to the conclusion it's probably the fairest way for all of you and the safest bet for us. That said, we'd be needing two characters from each of you, but making just one character for this process will suffice! We may also be taking on more than one member, but that's still up in the air. We're still mulling things over, and like we mentioned in the first post, we'd like to keep things small so we stand a better chance at success!

With that in mind, to narrow down the pool and to give you all a better idea of what you'd be getting into, here is sort of a list of what we're looking for. Assuming you're fine with the following, we'll be closing up our search and picking from the characters you all have posted once we finish our current scenes and get ready to start new ones, which will probably be in a few days since we're each busy with our own things for now. If you need more time, if you've lost interest, or if you have any questions, let any or all three of us know!

Rustic Rustic , DergTheDergon DergTheDergon , PanOtterPus PanOtterPus

- Above all else, we are looking for someone interested in working with us on this roleplay for the long-term. We've become invested in seeing this idea through, and we'd like to recruit a person or people interested in doing so, too! While we will understand if you decide that you need to leave for whatever reason after you've joined, we do ask that going in, you are prepared to make this commitment with us.

- We are not interested in imposing a writing standard or a post schedule on anyone we will be accepting for this roleplay. Casual or detailed roleplay is fine, as are posts that come quickly or take more time than ours, as are posts with some grammatical error. We aren't critics. That said, if it is relevant to you, right now we are doing two to five paragraphs per post and are posting once every one to two days. That is subject to change, but that's where we're currently at! To add to this, if posts are taking longer than usual, a small bump may be given - but not to worry, it'll just be a casual "hey, remember that scene we're doing?"

- While we'll definitely have serious, dramatic, and/or dark moments in the roleplay, on the whole, we're going for a lighter atmosphere. Nothing especially gritty; it's currently just kind of a mix of slice-of-life and drama and adventure. For a better idea of what we're going for, what we're currently doing in our roleplaying thread should give you a good idea! This advice isn't meant to limit what type of character you'll make, but do keep it in mind, especially if it's relevant to your continued interest. So please, we ask that you each take the time to look over the RP as it is now to give you an idea of where we're at.

- It is worthwhile to mention that, while we do have a good idea where we're going plot-wise with the roleplay, we don't have everything totally planned out. Derg has become our de facto GM/DM for coming up with detailing bigger events, but for smaller scenes and direction decisions, we will ask that help us to keep things interesting. That you not only be a participant in this roleplay, but a collaborator. That said, we're all new at having to do this, so if that prospect worries you, that's okay! We'll be here to help out when you need it; we only ask that you're willing to try new things and are willing to communicate if and when you're short on ideas.

- To add on to this thought, please be willing to talk with us in general! You don't have to do so excessively, or force familiarity with us if you're not up to it, but we will want to hear how you're feeling about your posts and the roleplay in general, and we will ask for your input at certain junctions. Just keep us updated!

- Lastly a thank you to those who have already submitted their characters - Derg (as our GM) will look them over at the earliest convenience (aka sometime after work) and in the meantime, that gives the rest some time to get some creative juices flowing ^-^ Characters don't need to be up today, but over today and tomorrow would be preferable as we'd like to continue on with the RP itself and get your intors started. Best of luck frendidos ~

Does just spamming constant gifs of Uta at you count as 'talking' with you, or more as 'so annoying you are haunted by the urge to hunt me down and smother me with a moldy pillow'? askin for a friend

Does just spamming constant gifs of Uta at you count as 'talking' with you, or more as 'so annoying you are haunted by the urge to hunt me down and smother me with a moldy pillow'? askin for a friend
I will happily accept sacrifices in the form of Utas, but better not spam this thread xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back