• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Dust: The Parasite's Outbreak OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
BeyondDandy BeyondDandy 101 101 ForgetTomorroow ForgetTomorroow

Ok guys, I started my post. I’m not finished yet, but I want you guys to get an idea of what it’ll be like so you guys understand what to work with.

The group is going to consist of two specially modified vehicles for the explicit mission. They’re going to be stopping for refueling at a gas station. All of our characters are going to be in one of the vehicles, the one stopping for refueling. Reason being that I intend for something to happen to the second vehicle. This will allow us to help introduce more characters if people join later on down the line. There are three main positions in the vehicle; gunner, driver, and commander. Sawyer is the commander, and an NPC that I intend to have something happen to will be the driver. If any of you guys want to claim your character as a gunner in there, you’re free to do so. I don’t think it’ll mean that much, but it’s an option if anyone wants to claim that.

I’m open to hearing any ideas anyone has if they want to chime in. But this was the idea I was going to roll with it.

I plan to have it posted by Monday.

Ok, so I’m going to make the first post more of a scene setting and introduction thing. Something is going to happen very soon after we all get our first posts in. I want to at least let little character interactions or anything for a post rotation or two. I don’t want to jump us right into the action, as it doesn’t give us time to really let the characters breathe and relax for a minute and introduce them into the universe of the RP. So, nothing flashy on the first post from me.

Feel free to put any flashbacks or anything you want in yours. Totally up to you guys.

BeyondDandy BeyondDandy ForgetTomorroow ForgetTomorroow 101 101

Ok, so I’m going to make the first post more of a scene setting and introduction thing. Something is going to happen very soon after we all get our first posts in. I want to at least let little character interactions or anything for a post rotation or two. I don’t want to jump us right into the action, as it doesn’t give us time to really let the characters breathe and relax for a minute and introduce them into the universe of the RP. So, nothing flashy on the first post from me.

Feel free to put any flashbacks or anything you want in yours. Totally up to you guys.

BeyondDandy BeyondDandy ForgetTomorroow ForgetTomorroow 101 101
Dude I am so pumped for this! Can’t wait too see everyone’s characters journeys!

It is finally posted! Post order now doesn't matter. It'll be first come first serve, and we'll just roll with it from there. The intro video I mentioned I made is right at the beginning of the post.

101 101 BeyondDandy BeyondDandy ForgetTomorroow ForgetTomorroow

BeyondDandy BeyondDandy

That shit about Sara Haus liking monkeys like Liam made me laugh xD

Also that pun was killer.

Hopefully we see more people join and Liam gets to meet her if they don’t die 😂

Glad you liked it! Hopefully it goes somewhere.
Yeah hopefully him and Sara get something out of it

Me and peacemaker are talking about how Liam is going to and try to stop being scared of death because it’ll hurt the ones he loves (from his brother dying in the raid of the rebels) so it’ll be interesting all right.

I’ll get a post out for you guys today or tomorrow. I’ll try not to make it super long, but no promises lol

I’m thinking we can do maybe one or two more post rotations before I move the plot forward ‘n parasite stuffs

You know, I should’ve learned my lesson by now after all these years, especially since it’s happened to me before…. But I haven’t.

I just lost like 5 or 6 paragraphs of my post because RPN dun goof’d and didn’t save what I was writing.
2806B1BC-DB34-41F2-8BA7-E98F51380FE0.png

Just so everyone’s on the same page here, since I’m writing three different characters in three different locations talking to three other characters, I’m going to try and mix and match all of the respective parts to appear chronologically in order. I considered writing the different character’s parts in separate named sections, but I felt continuity of the post would be too disruptive. I’ll try to make it as visible as possible when I make those shifts between characters.

Poasted

I hope the way I broke it up made sense with continuity. I can honestly say I’ve never been in a situation like this in an RP, so hopefully the way I broke it up makes sense and flows well 😬

If it doesn’t, you can tell me I’m a dumb dumb

I’m trying to figure out if I should make a smaller post, that allows the characters to have a brief dialogue exchange, and then go into the ambush I have planned and the aftermath of it. Or if I should make one large post that covers some of the dialogue part, and then the ambush and what follows.

What do you guys think? Would you prefer a smaller round of posting to get some shorter dialogue posts in, or would you prefer we steamroll right into the ambush in a big post.

My only concern is that if it’s one long post, you could argue that any dialogue before the ambush is mostly just “catch up” on your guy’s part and irrelevant, as anything there would be overshadowed by the aftermath of the ambush.

You could write one overall large post with maybe some indication of who is addressing who with the dialogue snippets. That way, we know for certain who was addressed and we can just go with the flow, either way. I am happy to do whatever you are most comfortable doing,

Larger post sounds more of a better idea to me!

Ok but it might be a bit until I can post. My wife and I just became parents! It’s going to be a little hard for me to post for the next week. But as soon as I can, I will

Dude holy shit congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back