• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Dragon Wardens: Exodus

Effervescent

Rests Chin In Hands
YRNnYsa.jpg

It was the end of an era. The once glorious Haven of the Dragon Wardens was attacked by the surrounding kingdoms and burned to the ground. All Wardens and their dragons were hunted down and slaughtered as humanity feared their power. Any survivors had no choice but to run and hide.

Dragon Wardens were once the peace keepers of the land, often called in to mediate disputes or prevent entire wars. Those who refused their council gave up the right to their protection, and thus the accepting side would have their aid in the war. Few would ever give up that right. Through the Dragon Wardens' help, the lands have created a prosperous trade route.

But humanity began to question the validity of the Dragon Wardens after countless accounts of Warden attacks were reported. The dragons feasted upon villages and the Wardens would plunder and murder innocents. It was very out of the norm for what everyone had known of these peace keepers.

It has been a season since the Haven fell, calling in Autumn in the Middle Lands and colder temperatures in the mountains. The Dragon Wardens are still being hunted down and killed, making it difficult for them to find people they can trust. Their numbers are scattered throughout the land. Hiding and protecting the dragons takes effort. In some lands, those who aid the Wardens commit treason. Dragon nests are hunted down and eradicated.

The remaining Dragon Wardens must rally together to right this wrong, and refute the horrid allegations against them. They must bring back peace to the land.

OOC:

This is the continuation of a plot I have been running since February this year. It was highly successful in the duration that it ran, and it would have continued if it weren't for that school work and its meddling professors! I am a GM that asks my players to put real life first, and while they cannot currently continue due to their current obligations, I have the time and the content to see this plot through to the end, and I would like to open it up for new players (and old if they have the time!).

The events from the first Dragon Wardens plot are canon, but it is not a required read. For new players, I will be starting a new thread and I will supply summaries of major events that have recently transpired within the universe.

In this story, players will essentially create two characters: A rider and a dragon.

If you're interested in what has currently transpired, I have a link to the original thread in my signature. This is not where the new roleplay will take place, so please refrain from posting there. The lore will mostly be the same, so if you're a go-getter that's a great way to get ahead of the game!

All I ask is that if you express interest in this plot that you have the time outside of your real life! This includes your social life! Roleplay is for fun, and I'm not going to force you to post, but I would like for my players to want to be active in the free time they have. If you feel you can't dedicate time to a detailed oriented roleplay, then this won't be for you!

Post here if you are interested in joining up in the new thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.

Hmm hmm.

I've never been one for these types of RPs, but you can put me down for curious about it. I'd like to know more, sure.

Effervescent said:
What would you like to know?
No, no, it's fine. You said you'd provide a sort of summary or something for those that don't know the story so far.

As for me, personally, I don't really do the whole 'dual character' thing.

If there'd be a way for a singular spot? I'm adept at playing as the 'important side character' slot, as well.

Zab said:
No, no, it's fine. You said you'd provide a sort of summary or something for those that don't know the story so far.
As for me, personally, I don't really do the whole 'dual character' thing.

If there'd be a way for a singular spot? I'm adept at playing as the 'important side character' slot, as well.
It's not as intensive as separating the two characters. You post for them both collectively. It's common on this site to split posts between X character and Y character, but this is more integrated.

For example:

Idhrenan insured any red wisps of hair were tucked back into her knitted hat before urging Eosphelon to stand. He rose quickly, shaking his body from side to side before stretching out his wings. He was not an extremely tall dragon, standing just at nine feet, which made traveling a bit easier for the pair. He took the lead while she walked behind him dragging along a makeshift construct made out of wood to disturb the earth and better hide their tracks. She knew it would not save them from being found by an Earth Caster, but it could help in delaying any possible hunt.
If that is still too much, there is the possibility of the dragon being dead. It would complicate things, and your character would be at a significant disadvantage, but it can be done. I just don't want everyone to do it because of the nature of the plot.

No, no, not like that.

I meant utilizing both characters at once. I'm just more of a singular type of player, instead of having to control two separate character personalities and converse with myself constantly.

But, it's a problem that I alone have. Shouldn't have to worry 'bout the conflicts a single player in your RP has. I'll be fine either way.

But that does bring me to another point. After seeing that, we DO get to make our own characters, yes?

Sullivanity said:
Quick question-would you be ok with a two headed dragon?
I'd rather the dragons have a single head, otherwise that's essentially three characters you'd be controlling.

Zab said:
No, no, not like that.
I meant utilizing both characters at once. I'm just more of a singular type of player, instead of having to control two separate character personalities and converse with myself constantly.

But, it's a problem that I alone have. Shouldn't have to worry 'bout the conflicts a single player in your RP has. I'll be fine either way.
Ah, yeah, that's definitely a huge part of what makes the Dragon Wardens so special is their bond with their dragons. It's a pretty important thing to implement.

Zab said:
But that does bring me to another point. After seeing that, we DO get to make our own characters, yes?
Definitely! I'm not big on the whole assigning characters thing. People make their own characters and that's that. The only requirement for this plot is that your character is a Dragon Warden.

Last edited by a moderator:
Effervescent said:
I'd rather the dragons have a single head, otherwise that's essentially three characters you'd be controlling.
Ah, I understand. I'm just trying to think of some unique concepts, I don't want to end up being a copy of one of the old characters. If you or anyone else has any ideas, please feel free to say so!

This sounds really interesting! Please tag me when the new thread goes up! It looks like there's quite a bit of interest already, though. How many slots are open for this roleplay?

Red Thunder]*raises hand sheepishly* [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/6151-effervescent/ said:
@Effervescent[/URL], would you mind terribly my getting reinvolved? With a new character, obviously. I just enjoyed your world far too much.
No, gorramit. You made me cry, reading through the original RP ! I ran outta tissues !

Sycamore said:
This sounds really interesting! Please tag me when the new thread goes up! It looks like there's quite a bit of interest already, though. How many slots are open for this roleplay?
I'm not sure at this time.

Red Thunder]*raises hand sheepishly* [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/6151-effervescent/ said:
@Effervescent[/URL], would you mind terribly my getting reinvolved? With a new character, obviously. I just enjoyed your world far too much.
You...you have time? D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back