• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Dead River Motorcycle Club (IC)

Characters
Here
Other
Here

wickedlittlecritta

lord of misrule

• The Dead River MC is a biker gang based outside of and operating within Boston and the surrounding area. While predominantly concerned with many sundry crimes, they are also inescapably tangled in a web of local criminal politics. Between keeping the local mob happy, keeping the Saints of Ragnarok at bay, and making sure they keep clean of the cops, they are very busy folks.

Also, some of them have superpowers. That complicates things.

Ooc in Discord here!

Last edited:
The Dead River’s club house is an old brick garage with a sign that says “Mike’s Auto” on it. You have no idea who Mike was. Downstairs is mostly garage space, with three lifts for cars, concrete floors, and the heavy smell of motor oil clinging to everything. Charlie and Gwen keep it in a state of controlled chaos. There is a small office tucked in the front corner which has a rather wobbly desk, an ancient cream desktop that still runs Windows XP, and an incredibly ugly but comfortable thrifted couch. The office also has stairs up to the loft, which is a surprisingly cozy two bedroom apartment, complete with kitchen. It also smells like motor oil though.

Recently, Charlie has acquired a ‘40 Indian Chief for pretty cheap, because the thing doesn’t run, and she’s banned everyone from the club house for “being annoying” while she and Gwen are tinkering with it. Interrupting them for anything less than the club house being on fire is…not recommended.

theunderwolf theunderwolf , TrashRabbit TrashRabbit

Booted from the comforts of the warm club house into the chill of a New Hampshire afternoon in November, Theo, Victor, and Alistor have been entertaining themselves in the woods behind the club. It’s the sort of November day when all the leaves have fallen and decayed, when the grass has died, when the sky and trees and earth are the same spooky, flat gray and it hurts to breath if you’re outside for more than a few minutes. The boys go a little further back into the trees than normal when they stumble across...a boot?

The boot is attached to a leg.

The leg is attached to a body.

The body is partially in the little creek in the woods, half hidden by reeds, and you’re not sure how long it’s been there.

This is of course not great, but to make matters worse, as the three inspect a little closer, you realize the body is wearing a black leather jacket with a back patch of a wolf with a moon in its jaws.

You’ve just found a dead member of the Saints of Ragnarok in your backyard.

TheMothMan TheMothMan , Vahn Vahn , EbonChevalier EbonChevalier

It’s a 40 minute drive from Dead River to Manchester following I-93, and by the time Cathal, Val, and Feels arrive they’re all pretty cold and grumpy. The meeting with their Syndicate contact was in the parking lot at the mall, and they found him sitting on the hood of an ugly tan Civic in a skeleton print hoodie and D.A.R.E. T-shirt smoking a cigarette.

“Do you stay up at night planning on how to make yourself look more suspicious, Seph?” Cathal called in greeting. “Because it’s working. You’re the most suspicious looking person in this whole skeevy mall.”

“Everyone at this mall is suspicious as fuck. I’m blending in,” Seph said.

“Yeah, okay,” said Cathal.

"Did you just come all this way just to insult me? Because like, full offense, I could have stayed home and let twelve year olds on Overwatch do that and be warm."

"No, it's just one of the perks of the job." Cathal swung his backpack off and plopped it on the ground at his feet, knowing the slight rattle from inside of it would make Seph wince like everything was shattering. "But I won't keep you from being heckled by children much longer."

Graystone713 Graystone713 , Sophos Sophos

Last edited:
Scar was not a very happy kitty today.

He was kicked out of club house for 'being annoying' (It's not his fault the inside of that old clunker was so damn cozy). He's freezing his damn tail off in this weather. Oh, and the corpse of a saint is basically in their backyard. Scar wasn't that worried about what could come from this. He knew that conflict between his people and theirs would be happening sooner or later. He just wished it happened on their terms not in what looks like a framing. If the death of a saint was the spark to set things off he would have made it look cooler. Like throwing the body of a saint into their own club house. He walked about the area mulling over the very possible future conflict. "We gotta head back and tell charlie about this. This is some heavy shit...."
TheMothMan TheMothMan , Vahn Vahn

Val tsk'd softly at the banter, and looked around, keeping an eye out for any suspicious figures that weren't her crew or the Syndicate. She'd done her best to maintain a low profile - even going so far as to wear pants instead of a skirt for once - but at nearly six feet and with resting murder face, Valka Pamfilis was not a "low profile" type of girl. In fact she was likely the most suspicious figure in the parking lot.

"I'm not sure why we always say don't bother us unless theirs a fire when the fires usually start in here but oh well at least everyone's gone," Gwen Muttered, "Except Charlie but it is her bike and she never messes up tuning too too badly." The muttering continued as screws rivets and casing were removed from the bike, some by Gwen and others by some unseen force, like the bike was a lego set disassembling itself. Every once in a while a part would float to Gwen for closer inspection but more frequently it would neatly arrange itself on the floor behind Gwen. "OOh they sure don't make them like this anymore," Gwen Muttered happily as she disassembled the bike, "It'll take some work but no computers and no proprietary parts will make it easy..." She modulated the volume a bit so the room's other resident could hear more then a soft murmur, "First thing is Charlie find the rust removal goop please. What do you want to do with this thing? We could resell it for a pretty penny if we leave it unaltered but I kinda doubt you'd have me doing the work if it was just a sell piece..."

Charlie sat on the workbench next to the spanners, kicking her boots against the draws and scrolling the Boston police scanner app idly with one hand as Gwen got to work. The app was telling her that nothing exciting had happened in Bostin in 24 hours, which was a miracle or meant something was brewing. She tried not to let such a dark thought show on her face, when she had the treat of watching Gwen work her magic, so she stowed it away and give it her full attention. It was like the bike diagrams in the eye witness books of her youth in real time and as a bike nut there was nothing quit as good as watching Gwen unmake an interesting machine.

Charlie herself was a small woman with fine features and her dark hair cut short and sculpted to frame her face like she was ready to fight all times- which was true. She accessorized her look with red lipstick and a plain black carhart and looked all the world like she should be a bassist in some all girl punk band. She didn't look like much. She didn't look like the kind of person who flipped bikes, ran drugs or was the president of a motor cycle club, never mind an outlaw one. She looked like the average lesbian with an IPA in the back corner of the local dive.

But There was only one thing Charlie liked more than her pet chickens at home and that was doing what she wanted and bikes.

When Gwen's mutters turned to address her directly she put her phone down and gave it some thought; She had picked the bike up on craigslist from a tech bro in Exeter who didn't know what he had for two grand, and Gwen was right, if they made this thing shiny it could go for 50k. And that was tempting. That was one of the reason she'd kicked the boys out, because hot damn she hadn't decided a hundred percent yet. Back home, in the garage next to her little cabin she had plethora of dirk bikes, scooters, mini bikes and mopeds she'd picked up over the years and the club house itself had at least three of her most recent acquisitions that she was still trying to resell. It was good money and Gwen made the process easy. Almost enough to go legit, not that thought had ever crossed Charlie's mind.

"You got me," She says shrugging in defeat, "If we can make it pretty I might keep it. If you don't mind." Gwen of course took the biggest cut on all the bike reselling, so Charlie keeping the damn thing would cut into that. though Charlie supposed Gwen could tell her to do it herself in that case- which would be fair. Charlie was ready to hear it and perfectly capable of it, but was hopping for the best.

Feels wanted to take a minute. Wanted to hug the engine, suck out the warmth, and feel cozy. But the aerodynamic/aesthetic shell of the Space Bike was cold and in the way. So, given that Cathal was a leather bag containing bone and jerky, and Seph was in opposition to them, Valka was the obvious option. So, wearing a nice thermal suit under a big puff jacket and some windbreaker pants (all white), they walked over and wrapped their arms around the other, standing behind the other, eyes barely peeking over Val's head.

"I'm very cold."

The words were meant literally, but the complete lack of emotional depth in it brought a double meaning to the statement. Feels was just warming up. Maybe prepping their boost, just in case of a fight. Feels hadn't done much experimenting with the effects of their ability on the abilities of others, but the Booster knew that they could push someone's power levels well over 9,000 if they tried. They knew picking Cathal would cause collateral and cops and possibly casualties. But right now, Feels tried to push the dangerous thoughts out and join the banter.

"Fortnite. The Twelve year olds are all playing Fortnite now, and so are you. You won't admit it, but I know."

They said, potentially offending Seph and souring the transaction, but they were never friends. This was always how it was going to be. The real question was if there would be a fight.

Victor Wildschwein was among one of the trio that got kicked out of the club and he did not even know why he was kicked out in the first place but the more he thought the more he wondered if maybe... Just maybe its because of his snoring. As the trio were out and about looking for a way to have fun or stay awake did Victor had a crazy thought that Charlie just forced Alistor , Theo and himself into becoming: The Three Stooges... as he then mentioned out loud.

Victor Wildschwein: " Oink oink which is Moe, Larry or Curly? Buhi he Buhi heh. "

However it was Alistor that pointed out the obvious dead member of the Saints of Ragnarok in the back yard of Dead River’s club house and as Victor was thinking if they should dispose of it or maybe burn it? Did he hear Alistor mention to the Victor and Theo.

Alistor Grinn: " We gotta head back and tell charlie about this. This is some heavy shit...."

Victor Wildschwein let out a loud snort before speaking out loud.

Victor Wildschwein: " Snort snort... Not sure if it was intentional or accidental but more or less the body smells funky... We cannot say if he was killed and left here or if he had one too many to drink and fell overboard...Oink Oink I say Theo needs to go back and call Charlie...Oink Oink.

Victor Wildschwein looks at Theo and Alistor and noted their clothes before pointing out something obvious to him.

Victor Wildschwein: " Oink Oink...from the three of us, only Theo is wearing the colours if any Saints come by they would think Theo did the deed under Charlie orders...Oink Oink but Alistor and me are not wearing the colours so we can pretend to be non-member citizens who came across this and was about to call the ambulance... Oink Oink I think you and Charlie needs to wear non colours clothes and bring bags properly black trash bags...Buhi heh Buhi he he.

Victor would then smile beneath his black ski mask and scarf as he thinks of what some of the people would do in this situation from some of those crime suspense books he reads from time to time.

EbonChevalier EbonChevalier TheMothMan TheMothMan

"Hmmmm I mean I think what I'm really asking here is if you want it to be faithful to the original? Like if we put a new engine and some supports we can make a super-charged version but we can't sell it as a restoration then... and it'd be less indiana jones too." She peered into one of the exaust ports and grimaced, it wasn't entirely rusted through but it came close. It'd be delightfully loud no doubt, "If you want the engine block replaced it'd be best to decide now but like I mean ah... I'm just here to help I probably shouldn't be like.. deciding your project for you boss it's your bike I'm sorry do you want me to put it back together. I guess what I'm saying is if nothing else I need that rust remover, seriously, the blue plastic tub. "

It was not the first time Theo had been kicked out of the club house for being rowdy. It wasn't even the first time that day. However, he took special offense this time. Not only because it was cold enough outside that he could actually feel his balls receding into his body, but also because he would hardly count his attempts to get Victor to practice jiu jitsu with him as annoying. If anything, he was being helpful. One could never know when they would need to fold someone up in their own clothing, it was important he kept his skills sharp. Plus wrestling a big pig man was on his bucket list.

He'd also be lying if he didn't admit that he was a little disappointed to miss out on watching Gwen work on the vintage Indian bike Charlie had rolled in. Theo was pretty handy, but compared to Gwen he was hardly qualified to put together a few Legos, let alone an engine. He always picked up a thing or two watching her work. But no. Here he was, kicked out with the zoo animals. Relegated to babysitting the probies. Babysitting himself was hard enough, and that was without any dead bodies involved.

He frowned down at the corpse. Then frowned at Victor. The guy had a good point, but Theo still didn't appreciate being told what to do by a probationary member. He looked back at the body, wrapped in that stupid Saints of Ragnarok jacket. That logo always looked a bit like a dog catching a ball in its mouth to him, hardly intimidating, but it was the history they had with the Saints that made unease settle into the bottom of his stomach.

"Fuck. Yeah. Alright, Piglet," Theo said. He sighed, giving Victor and Alistor another glance. He could hardly leave two untested members with a dead body of the club's biggest rival though. He took a few steps away.

"Do not touch anything," he said over his shoulder, then he pulled out his phone and dialed Charlie.

Scar stopped pacing and rolled his eye's so hard they could have fallen out of his head. "C'mon Theo every know you don't lay a finger on the evidence in a crime scene. That's like CSI shit 101. But don't worry we wont lay hand on it."
TheMothMan TheMothMan

Charlie hopped up and investigated the blue bin for Gwen's rust remover and on finding it tossed it to her. She hated being indecisive and that was exactly what she was right now. Both options were good. There were few decisions that paralyzed her and bike decisions were one of them.

"Gwen, if I knew I wouldn't have kicked all the boys out to hash it out with you," She said, "How long would it take you to do a restoration if we were gonna flip it?"

Her phone went off in her pocket and she slipped her hand in to check, and on seeing it was Theo sent him directly to Voice mail; no you can't come in she thought to herself pointedly like if she thought it harder he might pick it up telepathically.

"Yo, start talking~" said her voice mail in the exact cadence that she answered her phone with every damn time. The recording then waited a few moments before it beeped.

Last edited:
She sent him to voicemail. Rude. What if he was dying in a ditch somewhere? Clearly that sort of thing was happening on the regular around here. Theo resisted the urge to act like a petulant teenager and immediately call her four more times.

Instead he fired off a text: “Did you happen to forget a dead body in the woods?”

Then immediately sent another: “hypothetically. No need to worry NSA agents reading this.”

He turned back to the others. “Yeah, so she sent me to voicemail.”

Gwen had started to answer when the text rattled her phone and she say the message, "Gwen. Hold that thought."

[The only dead body I leave around is mine.]
[r u fucking with me Theo?]

[no.]
[hypothetically.]

Theo typed out his next text. [WHAT DO I DO] Then he erased it. Then typed it out again and sent it. There was a reason he wasn’t in charge of very many things.

[Ask it how it got there for me.]
[sit tight omw]

Charlie looks up from her phone with the neutral face of displeasure, and explains to Gwen; "So. The boys found a body out back."

Victor Wildschwein would remember a scene from one of his crime suspense books where a group of mobsters took care of a body and let out a sigh before speaking to Theo.

Victor Wildschwein: "Sigh if Charlie says to chop up the body and feed it to the pigs...Groink "

Victor Wildschwein would then point at the dead body before continuing.

Victor Wildschwein: "That piece of trash is going no where near my mouth....Who knows he might have a benign tumor that becomes active when something eats it. They might be called Saints but who knows what they do with their bodies. Buhi he he Buhi heh heh."

Victor Wildschwein made note of Alistor Grinn comment about CSI 101 and then Victor would realize he made a small joke on the expense of a dead guy. Noting that he does not need to touch the body, he keeps watching the scene and saw nothing that looks like foot prints near the body or even signs of tire tracks nearby. Most of the reeds are undisturbed in the water near the body as he then tried to use his snout again to smell some of the surroundings however the smell of foul stink emitting from the body and Victor only noted it smelled like a dead fish.

Victor Wildschwein: " Snort Snort Smells like a dead fish...maybe he died up river or something and the body dirfted here... Now what do we do?"

Victor Wildschwein would stop and stare at Alistor and Theo.

EbonChevalier EbonChevalier TheMothMan TheMothMan

"Hmn It depends on parts, I could do it in two weeks either way but I'd need to wait a week or two if you want fresh engine and max power cause I don't have a full fabrication set here..." She broke off back into her murmer as charlie focused on her phone. In the meantime she applied the thick putty charlie had gotten on a few of the worse looking pieces, it was slower then sanding but a good indicator of how deep the damage was... "I could break into MIT again but I'm not sure if I'm still persona non grata after the robo chicken-cathal incedent and they might have tightened security..." She blinked, "Bad memory."
"Oh word a body?" She said out loud, " Anyway I guess I could make like a list of good engine fits and a budget but honestly it might be more fun to raid some junkyards and find something stupid big to put into it... Does Victor have a tetnus shot? He's really big but I don't want him getting infected... Cathal would be right out because of the robo-chick-cathal incedent and feels is...No..."

Seph snorted at Feels. "It's cute you think I know how to play Fortnite." He slid off the hood of his car and stood. Though only a few inches taller than Cathal, he was thin enough in a skeletal way to seem taller. He pulled out a fat manilla envelope from inside his hoodie and said, "Maybe you don't want this?"

"Aw, don't be such a baby," Cathal said. He liked Seph well enough, as far as dealing with someone from the Syndicate went. You could tease him and he usually took it well. He passed the backpack over, and accepted the envelope in trade, only giving the contents a cursory glance over before tucking it inside his own jacket. He didn't think either Seph or the Syndicate would try and fuck them over now. Seph peered into the bag before slinging it over his shoulder.

"Thought you might have broken 'em tossing it around like that," he said. "Anyway. You guys ought keep your eyes peeled. The Family and the cops have been pokin' around down in Boston tryin' to find out where we get this, and I don't think either of them are lookin' to guy, you know?"

"Mmmhm. Hate that," Cathal said. "We'll keep our eyes peeled."

"You'd fuckin' better," Seph said. Cathal waited until he'd gone to comment, "I've got a bad feeling about that."

Sophos Sophos Graystone713 Graystone713

A little further north, in a part of Manchester that was tidy neighborhoods and quiet churches rather than commercial buildings and parking lots, June was sitting in a rather fussy restaurant done in dark woods and the sort of lighting that billed itself as "atmospheric" but was really just too dark to see easily. Across from her, Devin Murphy poured her a glass from a bottle of Moët & Chandon Rosé champagne.

"It should have been a simple job," he said, mournfully, passing the generous glass to June. "Most museums really don't have much in the way of security, especially the smaller ones--their budgets have been held together with duct tape and shoe string and hope for years, after all--but the Currier had a few surprises. Try some of the Wagyu carpaccio, it's divine," he added, interrupting himself. He was small and freckled, with a sharp chin and a sharper grin, wearing a black velvet tailcoat and red Converse. "They have laser light security. Like they think they're the set of an action movie, or something. And that is where you come in, Ms Moon," he said, and gestured at June with his fork, smiling widely at her. "You can deflect a few little lasers, can't you?"

Nimbus Nimbus

Charlie snorts. Right. just a body. Nothing they can't handle.

Having a bigger fish to fry made her sudenly descisive, "Lets go with a restoration, then. If no one wants to buy I'll supe it out myself. Hows that?" She says to Gewn as the mechanic gets back on subject. "I'm gonna go take a peek. Poke the body with a stick maybe."

Charlie: [Hey. Can I borrow your van?]
Feliks: [$$$]
Charlie: [cool. I need it asap.]

She heads out the back, lights a cigarette and meanders into the back lot head towards the boys.

"I leave you alone for five minutes."

Scar shrugged and leaned on a nearby tree. "We wait for the president and don't touch it simple as that." And speak of the devil scar could hear her familiar foot falls and smell the cigrette brand she was partial too before he saw her. As Charlie arrived with reprimands Scar groans flicking his tail back and forth in frustration. "C'mon it's not like we killed the guy ourselves and we even did the smart thing by calling you."
TrashRabbit TrashRabbit Vahn Vahn

Valka spared a grin for Feels, shifting slightly to get comfortable, before shooting A Look to Cathal. "I'm not a fan of this either but y'know. Something something lemons and explosives, yeah? If both sides are lookin' for us, why not pit 'em against each other? I mean more'n they usually are. If the cops are busy with the Family and vice versa they can't bother us."

Graystone713 Graystone713 wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta

Feels tried to focus on the cozy, but the news that they were hunted felt like a cold, clammy hand on their neck. Like being right under the big powerful AC on a summer day while it cooled the garage.

“Hate that. Let’s go to the coffee place, then maybe we should split up for a while. Run errands for a while, don’t go to the garage until way later. Might lose the cops at least.”

said Feels, already thinking of warm cocoa and probably a little too much cinnamon for most folks. And yet... Still, the freezing grip of the hunted feeling held fast. Feels didn't even notice themself subconsciously hugging Valka a little tighter...

Sophos Sophos wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta

Scar would be the one who answer Victor Wildschwein question with a simple answer while leaning next to a tree.

Scar: " "We wait for the president and don't touch it simple as that." "

Victor Wildschwein would then smell a mixture of metalic and cigarette smoke before Victor Wildschwein could say anything Charlie spoke out.

Charlie: "I leave you alone for five minutes."

Scar: "C'mon it's not like we killed the guy ourselves and we even did the smart thing by calling you."

With that back and forward between Scar and Charlie did Victor Wildschwein took his time to analyze Charlies response: I leave you alone for five minutes. Victor Wildschwein smiled behind his black scarf before speaking out loud.

Victor Wildschwein: Buhi he he Buhi heh heh... You heard her boys...lets get some glue and stick to her. I call the Piggy back position and she carries me. Buhi he he Buhi heh heh... "

EbonChevalier EbonChevalier TrashRabbit TrashRabbit TheMothMan TheMothMan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back