• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Day Haru Was Taken Away (Free! Rp)

"Oh god, I don't want to play that game Nagisa." Rin said, though more teasing than anything since he didn't think Haru and Makoto would really do something intimate.

Haru watched as Makoto walked over, unsure as to what the other was doing. He tensed when he was suddenly hugged but melted into the embrace.

He was happy to hear Makoto loved him but another part of him felt weighed down by the fact Makoto couldn't live without him... It put pressure on him since Haru wasn't sure if he could live in general, but now if he ever did anything to himself he would be basically killing Makoto too.

Makoto could tell that something was off about Haru. He searched the pair of ocean-blue eyes, as if he could find a glimpse of what Haru was thinking. It was futile. Makoto knew that there was something on Haru's mind, but what exactly that was remained a complete mystery, "What's wrong?" Makoto asked, sincerity written all over his face.

Makoto was starting to think that he'd maybe stepped out of line with his words. Maybe Haru wasn't ready for those kinds of feelings. If that was the case, Makoto was more than willing to time it down, but he's feel bad about pushing Haru until he was made uncomfortable.

Haru was quick to shake his head, not wanting to spill even though it seemed to be bothering him immensely. He was scared that if he said anything he may hurt Makoto or he may be asked to promise not to hurt himself... Which as much as Haru wanted to, he didn't think he could promise it.

He knew Makoto said he would understand before but Haru realized that didn't mean Makoto would be okay... It felt as though the weight of Makoto's life was now on him as well as the weight of every torturous memory he went through, it was hard to figure out which one he would succumb to... Death, which would kill the person he loved on the inside, or living, which would inevitably put himself through more suffering...

Haru didn't want Makoto to know something was wrong, even though he already failed at hiding it, he didn't want to crush any dreams of a happy life that Makoto may have for them.

Makoto's smile faltered for a moment when Haru shook his head. Whatever it was, Haru didn't feel like he could tell Makoto. Of course, that wasn't Haru's fault and it wasn't Makoto's either, but the rejection caught Makoto off guard. Soon, thought, his warm smile was back up as if it had never left in the first place. He couldn't let this get to him, especially since he knew that Haru didn't do it in spite of Makoto. Him taking this personal would be foolish.

"I get it," he said with a kind voice, "I'll bring Nagisa and Rin back in. We can talk more later."

Hikaru chewed his lip and made a small nod. "Okay.." He said quietly. "I... I'm sorry.." He mumbled.

Rin had his arms crossed and impatiently waited for them to be allowed back inside. He didn't come over just to be kicked out so Makoto and Haru could make googly eyes at each other in private.

There really wasn't anything to apologize for, it wasn't like Makoto was mad or anything, but at this point, it was best to not say anything. Makoto opened the door and was faced with a less-than-happy Rin and a sly-looking Nagisa.

When Makoto had kicked them out, it hadn't occurred to him that he'd need to talk himself out of the confrontation once he let them back in...

"Sorry about that, guys," he said with a nervous smile, "You can come back in now."

"No no," Nagisa said, his face mischievously, "By all means, don't let us keep you from doing what you want." Nags winked, but Makoto didn't really understand what he meant...

Rin rolled his eyes. "They're too prude to do anything Nagisa, they probably just hugged or did something boring like that." Rin said with a huff.

"And next time don't kick your friends out when they're trying to visit someone they haven't seen in five years. That's rude." Rin added as he glared at Makoto.

Haru just waited, letting out a small sigh.

//Rin tells it like it is XD//

Makoto wanted nothing else than to curl in a ball and die, but he was pretty sure that that wasn't an option at the moment. His rashness had gotten him into this situation, so he was the one that needed to deal with the consequences.

"Y-yeah..." the tall boy agreed sheepishly. The easiest way to handle this was to just swallow his pride. "Hey, can I get you guys some tea or anything? It's been so long since I've had company that I guess my host skills have completely disappeared."

//XD that's why I love Rin being the sassy best friend to the makoharu relationship//

"Do you have coffee?" Rin asked, happy that he thoroughly embarrassed Makoto as payback for kicking them out. "Also.. Should we know about what exactly happened to Haru?" He asked after a moment, his expression turning serious as he looked at Nagisa then back to Makoto.

Rin had seen how terrible Haru looked when he first was found but he didn't know how far the damage extended, he didn't know what the doctor actually did to him.

"Bad things," he said with serious eyes, looking Rin straight on, "Things that nobody should ever have to go through. I'm not even sure exactly what happened, but it's not my place to tell. You can ask Haru, just...be gentle, okay?"

It wasn't his story to tell. If Haru was willing to share, that was up to him, but it wouldn't be right for Makoto to take away Haru's decision. In the mean time, Makoto went to fetch Rin's coffee.

Nagisa entered the room and started chatting with Haru. Well, chatting with wasn't exactly right. It was more like talking at Haru. When he heard Makoto asking for drink orders, he asked for coffee with 3 parts coffee creamer, 1 part coffee. "I like my coffee girly," he told Haru with a wink, "Nice and sugary."

//# Haru tells Rin and Rin starts balling his eyes out saying he's going to beat the doctor up XD//

Rin frowned deeply and made a small nod, understanding Makoto wanted to respect Haru's decision. With that Rin went to go and head in the bedroom again, after all the time they spent at work together Makoto already knew how he liked his coffee.

Haru watched as Nagisa bounded in and rolled his eyes when Nagisa made the coffee comment. "I don't know how any of you can drink that..." He said, he had always found coffee too bitter. When Rin came in he noticed the sullen expression on his face. Rin sat on the edge of the bed quietly.

"Hey um...Haru can I ask... What exactly happened to you when you were with him..?" Rin asked, his voice quiet and trying not to sound pressuring. Haru tensed and he looked at Rin with wide eyes, for whatever reason, he hadn't expected Rin to ask... Part of him didn't want to tell while another part of him wished someone else informed them... He wasn't sure if he could let the words about the nightmares come out of his mouth. Haru finally looked away and at the bed sheets, tears forming in his eyes but not falling as he tried to figure out what to say.

//Brilliant! xD Crying, semi-violent Rin is best Rin//

Makoto took a little longer than necessary to prepare the drinks. It wasn't that he was trying to stall, his body was just moving slower than usual. Each motion was lethargic and paced. Rin was probably asking Haru right about now. The door to the bedroom had been left open, but Makoto couldn't hear anything from where he was standing.

He wanted to know what Haru had been through, but he was nervous to go back into the room. Knowing Haru, admitting everything that had happened would be incredibly hard and humiliating. Makoto being there during all of that could potentially overwhelm him and cause something bad to happen. That was the last thing Makoto wanted.

Still, the drinks were done and he wanted to know. That was a good enough reason to go back in. And that's exactly what he did. Haru was silent when he entered the room. Makoto could tell that he was on the verge of tears, but he decided to give Haru the space he needed and hand the drinks to Nagisa and Rin.

If Haru was going to have difficulty with Makoto's presence, he would leave in a heartbeat, not questions asked. But if not, he wanted to hear what Haru had to say.

Haru knew he had to say this, he was going to have to in court right in front of the man who hurt him so much and his friends would hear it then... They deserved to know now before everything... But he felt ashamed of it all, like he was weak and that if he told his friends they would think so too. Haru hugged a pillow to his chest, even more nervous when Makoto came in, but he knew, he knew he had to tell them. Haru just tried to detach himself as he began to explain.

"I-I.... I was kept in the basement the majority of the time... H-He...He kept me tied to a bed... B-because it made things easier for him... H-He was stronger too and b-because of that... W-When he came to use me I couldn't fight him off... H-He did it a lot, I-I can't even count the amount of times... Sometimes he'd do it more than once a day..H-He'd always call me pretty and his...A-and no matter how much I cried or screamed... H-He wouldn't stop... A-and he made me be quiet... I-If I wasn't he'd make it worse and make me apologize... I-It hurt so bad... H-He wasn't gentle...H-He made me bleed.." Haru trailed off, tears beginning to form down his face as he pushed it in the pillow, not wanting them to see.

"H-He beat me... A-And only gave me enough food so that I-I wouldn't completely starve...H-He left me dirty... A-And he'd cut me when he was angry... H-He even used my body for money...I-If I could live without something, h-he took it..." He mumbled, twice the doctor put him under for surgery and took an organ of his. "H-He used me for tests, he'd inject m-me with medicine a-and it always hurt so badly...A-And he always said that he would kill me when I became useless, h-he made sure I feared it everyday... H-He said you all forgot about me a-and no longer cared... T-That no one would or ever loved me... T-That I was nothing... A-And.. I-I believe him.."

There it was again, that chilling, time-stopping shock that turned his blood to ice and slowed his heart beat to a grinding halt. Makoto was still, rendered incapable of moving his body, let alone forming words. How could he when he'd been led through Haru's five-year personal hell?

Though his body was frozen, inside his emotions raged. Anger gave him a million and one rash things to do when he finally got his hands on the son of a bitch Doctor. Sadness choked his the ought with tears that remained unseen. Love made his whole body numb with pure sympathy for Haru. One thing was for certain: when Makoto next saw the doctor, he wasn't sure he'd be able to stop himself from snapping the fucker's neck on the spot.

Haru's story had even struck Nagisa silent. Gone were the boy's cheerful disposition. His face was the picture of sympathy, his eyes watering, his eyebrows knitting together. How does one comfort someone so entirely broken?

Rin froze and could feel tears fall down his own face, within seconds he became a blubbering fool. Getting up, Rin paced the room, his fists clenched and tears pouring down his face. "I-I'm going t-to kill that bastard!" He said in a sob, furiously wiping at his eyes. "I-I'm going to torture the son of a bitch for f-five years and see how he fucking likes it!"

Haru tried but was unable to stop himself from just sobbing into the pillow, overwhelmed and filled with pain and shame. "I-I wish he just killed me..!" Haru cried, once again admitting to the fact that he just wanted to be dead, where the nightmare could no longer reach him and continue the torture.

//It's all just one big gay crying party//

Nagisa was freely crying along with Rin at this point. Unlike Rin, Nagisa's threats weren't audible due to all of his sniffling and hiccuping that happened every time he cried. It was a well-known fact that Nagisa was an ugly crier, and he was living up to his reputation now.

Meanwhile, Haru's words were impaling Makoto's heart much like a kabob stick does to a chunk of meat. Haru wished he'd been killed. That was a lot for Makoto to swallow.

Was it possible that Haru also wished that Makoto hadn't found him? The doctors had told him that if Haru had been left there for a little longer, he would have most certainly died. Did Makoto mess up? Was he the only one that was happy that he'd found Haru?

Makoto didn't realize that he was crying until he felt the first drop of water on his hand. Unlike Nagisa, Makoto's tears came silently. They were a surprise. But once he noticed them, he too couldn't stop them from falling.

//lmfao//

Haru continued to cry into he pillow, not even realizing the turmoil around him. He just felt so conflicted, he wanted to be with Makoto so much.. But this nightmare wasn't ending and it was so overwhelming to him, he believed it would be better off if he died, not only for himself, but for Makoto and his friends too. He was just a weight tying them all down...

Rin couldn't help but freeze at Haru's words, no one wanted to hear a friend wished they died. But instead of sadness, Rin felt anger at his words. "D-Don't say that Haru!! D-Don't you dare fucking say that!"

"Are you happy?" Makoto asked, cutting Rin off. He hadn't noticed he'd said it until it was too late, the words already off of his tongue.

Oh well, I'm already in this deep. It won't hurt to go further. He thought to himself.

"Are you happy," he asked again, "that I found you? Or was I just imposing on you? Please, I want, no, I need to know!"

Haru flinched at both raised voices, holding the pillow tighter as he cried. "I-I don't know!!" He yelled and cried more. "I-I'm just a burden to y-you!! I-I'm a terrible person.. Y-You'd all be better without me! I-I'm just making things worse for you guys!" He sobbed. "I-I want things to b-be normal again...! I-I don't want to be like this.. I-I don't want to have these feelings... L-Like wanting to hurt myself to relieve the pain... B-But I-I do...! I-I don't want to be stuck with this nightmare..! A-All I had wanted w-was to be with Makoto!!!!" The last part was referring to before this all happened, he had just wanted to be with Makoto, with no complications or pain. He still did want to be with Makoto, but now.. Now he felt so terrible it was hard to try and be happy, even if he was getting his dream come true, the nightmares formed a shadow over it.

Haru wanted to hurt himself. Makoto had suspected it for awhile just based off of his actions, but hearing it from him was a whole lot different than simply suspecting.

How could he help Haru? He was there, ready to support him, but that wasn't the same thing as actually helping him. What did he need to do? His inner best friend from years ago was screaming at him so do something, anything, but he just couldn't figure out what.

Everything he thought of to say sounded too thin, too plastic. There wasn't enough feeling to these things, but he couldn't come up with something that did have enough feeling. He was stuck in a stand down with both hands tied.

He looked to Rin, trying to figure out a plan of action but not finding anything helpful. He was thinking about this too hard, he was fully aware. Maybe the answer was to simply not think and just act. So he looked back to Haru and opened his mouth once again without thinking, "Of course you can be with me, Haru. I've told you from beginning, no matter where you go, you can always come back home to me."

Haru shook his head, not bringing it up from the pillow and his grip only tightening. "N-No... I-It's not right...! Y-You deserve something that isn't me... A-And I'm not even the same Haru anymore! I-I'm a completely different person a-and now... N-Now there's so much t-that is hurting me a-and you... H-How can you say y-you love something like m-me?! I-I'm terrible... I-I... I-I'm the worst.." He said crying.

Rin ran a hand through his hair shakily, not even knowing what to do, not knowing how to help fix Haru, he couldn't believe anything he was hearing...

Even though it was tearing his heart to shreds, Makoto knew that this moment was extremely important. All of Haru's adopted insecurities and darkness were showing themselves now; it was Makoto's job to dismiss these things as falsities. If he failed, neither of them could ever start to heal. No pressure or anything.

"I want to stay with you because I love you." This was the first and strongest thing that his heart whispered to him. "I loved you before, and I still love you now. Yes, the present and past you are different, but that hasn't changed anything." He was struggling to find the right words. What did he need to say to get across his feelings?

"I looked for you for five years, you know that, but did I ever tell you why?" He asked, taking the opportunity to move closer to Haru, "I looked for you because you were the best thing in my life. I looked for you because I couldn't stand knowing that you had run because I was unable to tell you that I love you back. I looked for you because every second that you weren't next to me was a second that you were spending in hell."

He paused to look the blue-eyed male straight in the eyes, "You say that I don't deserve you, and you're right." He took a breath, "But that's only because I'll never be good enough for someone as fantastic as you. And I hope that even though that's true, I'll still be able to stay by your side and work to become someone you deserve."

Tears fell down Haru's face and he peeked up at Makoto from the pillow. He seemed shaky and still unsure.

"Y-you're the one w-who's perfect...I-I'm so screwed up a-and flawed..." He whispered and frowned. "H-how can you l-love me when I-I want to hurt myself.....w-when i'm used and a shameful persin...I-I'm soiled.." Haru sobbed, feeling the doctor took so much away from him that he wasn't close to anything good.

"W-what if I never get better?? W-what if I'm always like this.. H-how could you love me t-then??? H-how could you all care about me?" He cried. "I-I'm worthless..! J-just like he said... I-I'm only a burden to t-the people who knew me.. I-I should've been killed..! I-It would have been better for all of you..!"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well that's easy," Makoto said with an encouraging smile, "We all love you, Haru. Isn't that right?" He aimed the question at the other two males in the room.

Nagisa, who was still blubbering, nodded. Snot was running down his face, so Makoyo handed him a tissue from the night stand.

"You are the most precious thing I can think of in my life. There's nothing you could do that would make you worthless to me. And, yes, you're different now. Who wouldn't be after all of that? But so am I. You've told me that, Rin has told me that, hell, even Nagisa has told me that. Do you see? People change, it's just what we do. So who would I be to scorn you for changing when I myself have also changed? Don't worry about this, Haru. Because I love you just the way you are. Even your faults, because that makes you human and it makes you real."

And he meant every word that he said.

Rin, who was still furiously wiping away his tears, nodded in agreement.

Haru sniffled and looked at Makoto, tears still falling down his cheeks. He tried to get up, wanting to go over to the other and just be embraced so he could feel safe and secure... He hated that he made everyone cry...but hearing Makoto's words about him made him feel a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back