• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Day Haru Was Taken Away (Free! Rp)

Makoto thought about it for awhile, "Try not to focus too much on how he looks, he's pretty self conscious about that. And please, for the love of God, don't call him pretty. We've already had one incident with that and I'd rather not revisit it if you get my drift."

"Got it," said Nagisa, "Now can we go?"

"Yeah, follow me." said the brunette, leading the way to the bedroom.

Rin made a small nod, still remembering how terrible Haru looked when they found him and knowing he's probably not that much better. He followed Makoto and wondered how stable Haru was right now.

Haru chewed his lip as he heard them approaching, he just hoped everything would be okay... He hoped they wouldn't be too upset either.

"Haru-chan!" Nagisa exclaimed when he entered the room, "You're here!" The small bundle of energy ran up to Haru's bed side and immediately got up in Haru's face, just like when they were younger. "Ne, ne, listen to this! So I was with Rei-chan at this restaurant and all of a sudden, this woman comes up and she's like..."

And off he went, spinning an elaborate tale that no one had asked to hear. Makoto's first instinct was to put an ends to the verbal flood, but he stopped himself. Nagisa was treating Haru like they'd just seen each other at lunch a couple of hours ago. If anyone was observing them, they wouldn't be able to discern that the two had been seperated for 5 years.

Makoto sighed in a content way, "Geeze, what am I going to do with you, Nagisa?"

Haru jumped at Nagisa's loud voice but seemed to relax as he listened to Nagisa's story, liking that it felt like nothing had changed.

Rin just rolled his eyes as if he had expected nothing more than this. "I vote we duct tape Nagisa's mouth." He said though his tone was teasing. He walked over by Haru. "It's good to see you again. Honestly, I'd go insane if I had to spend another day making sure Makoto didn't do something stupid like burn his hair in coffee."

Haru blinked and looked to Makoto at that.

"Hey! I'm gonna remember that then next time you ask me to borrow my Zumba DVDs, Rin!" Nags said with a pout and a cross of the arms.

Zumba? Makoto thought Why am I only hearing about this now?...

Makoto groaned when Rin brought up a rather...undesirable event, "That was one time, Rin." He paused and reconsidered, "...Okay, maybe two. But in my defense, those were crazy busy days and I was probably running on three hours of sleep." Makoto noticed the look Haru was giving him and groaned again, "Oh man, don't look at me like that, Haru. It makes the whole situation worse."

"Oi! I told you not to mention the Zumba thing!" Rin yelled with a huff. Haru rolled his eyes at that.

When Makoto said that Haru staring at him like that made things worse he looked away. "...sorry..." He mumbled and shifted a bit. Rin sighed.

"So, when are we gunna all go swim together? I haven't gotten in a pool with any of you in years." Rin said.

"Ooooo! Good point, Rin-chan! We should get together sometime soon. I'll bring Rei-chan and I can show you all my awesome new swimsuit <3" Nagisa winked, actually winked. And, while that would be completely cliche and cheesy for anyone else, for Nagisa it somehow worked. Some things just couldn't be explained.

Makoto placed a hand on top of Haru's, "You're right. We should get together soon. Actually, it would be a perfect start to my training."

"What training?" asked Nagisa, taking the bait.

"I've decided that I'm going to quit being a cop and switch over to the fire department." Makoto said with a small smile, "But I still need to train for the certification tests, so the switch will be awhile away." Now that he thought about it, he hadn't gotten to tell Rin about this plan since it was so recent. Oh well, he knew now.

Rin's eyes widened when he heard that Rin was leaving the department but after a moment he relaxed. "It'll be a shame to lose my partner but.. I'm glad you'll be following your dreams." He paused and then looked to Haru. "What do you say about a swim together?" He asked.

Haru tensed and frowned. He looked at Makoto then away from them. "I-I don't know if I can swim..." He mumbled, a frown on his face.

"Congratulations, Mako-chan!" Nagisa said, giving Makoto a big hug, "That's such great news!"

"Yeah, I'm actually pretty exciting to start getting ready. Though I've gotta admit, I'm going to miss messing around with my partner," He gave Rin a lopsided smile.

Makoto listened to Haru's response about swimming and it gave him an idea...

"You never know," Makoto offered, "Being in the water might help you heal faster. You don't have to swim or anything, I'm sure just putting your feet in would be enough." It was an interesting idea. Haru had been practically inseperable back in high school, so maybe revisiting a piece of his past could help his present self recover.

Rin rolled his eyes. "I'll have to find another person to watch over you now." He said with a roll of the eyes..

He looked over to Haru and frowned a little hearing that he wasn't sure if he could swim. He knew he couldn't race Haru right now but hearing the water loving freak not even sure if he could swim.

Haru shifted a bit and looked at Makoto. "...what if we go and people stare at me.." He asked in a small mumble.

"I might be able to help with that," Nagisa offered, "I know this guy who owns a pool and he sometimes lets me use it after hours." What Nagisa didn't say was that he used it for skinny dipping, but the others didn't need to know that part. "He'd probably let us all go there after hours some time."

"That would actually work out really well," Makoto said, not believing that everything was coming together as nicely as it was. If they went after hours, there would be nobody there to stare at Haru. Is this really happening? He thought, a warmth beginning to dwell in his chest.

"We could invite Rei and Sousuke as well." Rin said with a shrug. "Make it a fun little party between us."

Haru barely paid attention to what Rin said, just nervous and excited at the fact he would finally be able to go in a pool again, even if he couldn't race.. He felt even more free and content now. He looked up at Makoto and saw a warm expression on his face... He had missed that so much.

Nagisa started gushing about how much fun they were going to have while also trying to convince Rin to give skinny dipping a try. Makoto did think he'd go for it, but hey, it never hurt to try.

Still, he couldn't focus on them for too long, for he found his gaze locked onto Haru. His face was rather blank, a mirror of his younger days, and would tell any common person that Haru was feeling neutral. However, Makoto could tell just how excited his friend was. There was a new sparkle to Haru's eyes that hadn't been there needle. Makoto found that he loves that too.

"This is exciting news," said Makoto, "Do you want to try it?"

Rin huffed. "I'd rather not skinny dip around all of you, thank you very much. Some things just have to stay private." He said, crossing his arms. "And, does it get on Rei's nerves that you are so eager to be naked all the time?" He asked, eying the energetic blonde.

Haru looked up to Makoto and made a tiny nod. "I want to swim again.." He said quietly and grabbed Makoto's hand gaining Rin's attention. The red head looked at their hands then looked up at Makoto, an almost knowing smirk starting to form on his face. Haru, on the other hand, didn't notice that Rin had looked over.

Nagisa gave Rin a devilish grin, "What do you mean? Rei-chan does it with me."

Makoto choked on the spot in his mouth, turning around to face Nagisa. "You- he- what?!"

"Do I really need to explain this for you?" Nagisa asked.

"No, please, I'm fine. Just...I can't picture Rei, our Rei voluntarily skinny dipping."

"You'd be surprised what a couple of drinks can do to a person."

If that wasn't reason enough to stop paying attention to Nagisa, then the sudden hand holding his definitely was. It was still cold, but far warmer than when he'd been down in the basement.

Makoto, of course noticed Rin's gaze- he was a cop, how could he not notice someone staring at him? Offering the red-head a smile of his own, he returned his eyes back to Haru. "You'll get to swim, I promise. Make sure you thank Nagisa too, he's the reason why I can make such promises."

Rin quickly covered his ears. "Holy shit Nagisa I think you just blinded me with that mental image!" He said and huffed.

Haru blinked and looked at Nagisa then to Makoto. "As much as he helped.. I don't want to thank him after the comment he just made." He said flatly.

Rin saw Makoto's smile, he removed his hands from his ears and crossed his arms. "So, is there something anyone might want to say...? Possibly about a recent coupling?"

Haru sent Rin a small glare.

As much as Makoto wanted to argue for Nagisa's sake, Haru had a pretty damn good point, so he opted for keeping his mouth shut. Makoto smirked right back at Rin with his little announcement, all the while tightening his grip around Haru's hand. "Why Rin, whatever could you mean? You'll have to elaborate since I don't seem to follow," Makoto said with a coy expression and playful voice. Was he giving Rin a hard time? Yes. But only because he was his friend.

Rin rolled his eyes. "You two, you got together didn't you, after all this time." He said with a shark like expression. Haru huffed.

"You make it sound like we were slow or putting this off..." Haru mumblee with a sigh.

"Are you serious, Haru-chan? We've all know this was gonna happen since, like, forever. I could never understand why it took so long, but congratulations on finally going through with it! I'm so happy for the two of you!"

Now that Makoto thought about it, he'd never officially asked Haru to be his boyfriend. With all of the emotional ups and downs they'd been through together, it had simply slipped his mind. He would do it now, but there were others around and Makoto knew that Haru would prefer something important like that to be done in private. Later then. Until then, Makoto smiled and confirmed Rin's suspicions. "Was it really that obvious?"

Haru shifted a bit and looked away, not mentioning that he had confessed to Makoto and tried to start something before his disappearance... It was too raw of a subject for him and he knew it would only upset Makoto if he said it, which Haru would never want... Makoto was taking care of him and trying to help pick up the pieces of his broken life... The last thing Haru wanted was to repay him by making him sad.

Rin smirked and laughed. "About god damn time." He paused and then huffed. "Are we all into guys? What the hell is it something in the water??"

//sorry for being so late! I had a bit of a crazy day//

Makoto couldn't help but laugh at Rin's comment about the water, "You've done it Rin, you've solved the mystery," he said, his voice light with laughter

"If it was the water that made us all gay," Nagisa started, "then it must've been the water that made us all super sexy too!" Nagisa struck a pose and Makoto could swear he saw sparkles in the air. "This gay water is some pretty handy stuff!"

"Nagisa, I'm not sure that's how that works..." Makoto said. He could've gone on to explain things like how water can't make you gay, but decided to save it since the blonde was having so much fun.

Makoto looked back at Haru, curious about how he was handling all of this.

//it's okay//

"Yeah, yeah I know. I'm the best detective ever." Rin said sarcastically. He scoffed when Nagisa started to strike poses.

"Does Rei find it attractive when you do this stuff?" Rin asked with a raised brow. "And are you really that impressionable to believe that's why we're all gay?"

Haru huffed and looked away from all of them. "I'm not gay." He said flatly, catching Rin's questioning glance at him. After a moment Rin went to open his mouth but Haru spoke up. "I only love Makoto." He said, Haru never felt attracted to anyone else, not girls or guys, just Makoto.

If Haru's denial of being gay hadn't frozen Makoto, his love confession certainly had. His heart was beating wildly in his chest while his brain fumbled uselessly in his head trying to come up with a response.

Nagisa made an "Oooooooooo" noise from the other side of the room- not that Makoto could hear it over the sound of blood rushing to his face.

In a split second, Makoto did something rash; he kicked Rin and Nagisa out of the room. It wasn't that he was sick of their presence, on the contrary, he was very grateful for them. But in that moment, he needed the room to himself. He needed Haru to himself.

Rin's toothy smirk was wiped off his face when he was being pushed out of the room. "Oi! What do you think you're doing??" He asked and huffed as he was kicked out.

Haru blinkes as he watched Makoto kick the two out of the room, Haru's own cheeks were red and he noticed how red Makoto's face was. Part of him was unsure if he said something wrong..

Last edited by a moderator:
"How rude!" Nagisa puffed, a pout on his face. This pout was soon replaced, however, when Nagisa got to thinking about what was going on behind the door. "What do you think they're doing in there?" Nagisa asked Rin.

~*~

After making sure that the door was tightly shut, Makoto turned around and paced over to Haru in long strides. Without looking at anything other than Haru, Makoto threw his arms around the boy, embracing him in the most tender way he could accomplish. He breathed in, smelling the hospital shampoo still on Haru's raven-colored hair. Right then, it was his favorite scent.

"I love you," Makoto confessed, his voice choking with emotion, "I love you so, so much that it hurts and I don't know what to do with myself any more." He pulled back and looked deep into Haru's eyes, "I don't think I can live without you anymore."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back