• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Day Haru Was Taken Away (Free! Rp)

"If you did, I would miss you terribly. But I wouldn't blame you, not if it could take you away from your pain." Makoto knew that even when Haru's body healed- all the bruises and breakages gone- that they would still have a long journey to make together. The brain remembers what the body forgets and most times, it is not willing to forgo those memories without a fight.

And that was without the triggers. Makoto didn't know the triggers other than the word "pretty", but he was sure that during those 5 years, Haru must've acquired a good number of them. Then there were things that caused anxiety like being alone and being seen by his parents, Makoto suspected.

Just how long would Haru have to suffer before that monster released his hold? Makoto had hoped that maybe Haru would improve after the doctor had been sent to jail, but Rin had informed him that the trial wasn't going to happen as soon as he'd hoped. He just wondered when they'd get a break from all of this craziness.

Haru made a tiny nod and buried his face in Makoto's shoulder. "I-I'm trying to be strong though...I-I'm trying to want to live.." He mumbled. He just wanted all this pain to go away, then he could be happy and relaxed.

He stayed close to Makoto and closed his eyes, he felt even worse knowing Makoto would miss him and he wanted to try to be okay for him. He didn't want Makoto to hurt or be upsey... He wanted Makoto to be happy.

Just then the doorbell sounded, drawing Makoto's attention from his friend. "I swear, if that's freaking Tatsu I'm going to break more than a few laws..." Makoto grumbled to himself, "Stay here, okay? I'll be right back." Makoto left the warm bed, tucking Haru in before making his way to the front door. He checked to make sure that Saba-hime wasn't in any position to run out and opened the door. "Yes, who is it-"

"Makoto-kun! Where is Haru?"

"E-eh?! Mr. and Mrs. Nanase, what're you doing here? Weren't you overseas?"

"Yes, but we got your message and decided to hurry back. Where's Haru?" asked Haru's mom, the headstrong figure of the two.

"That's very kind of you but he's not in any shape for visitors right now."

"Visitors?! We're his parents. We have more than enough right to see our son. Now move aside." said Haru's mom, who, despite being at a height disadvantage, literally pushed her way inside the apartment with Haru's father close in tow.

"I understand what you're saying, but you have to believe me. You can't see him!"

But it was too late. Haru's mother started calling their son's name while Haru's father searched the tiny apartment. It wasn't very long before they found the correct room and piled in.

Oh crap.

Haru heard his parents and tensed. He was even more upset his parents didn't listen to Makoto.

Haru knew he couldn't run, so he did the best he could and curled himself under Makoto's blankets, just praying his parents didn't pull up the covers. He couldn't deal with this, not right now. He was too broken.

"Oh, there he is," noted the mother in a happy voice, "Haru, it's okay, we're here now. We'll take you back home with us."

Makoto didn't remember Haru's parents being this...pushy. But then again, time changes a person, Makoto knew that very well. "I don't mean to be rude, Mr. and Mrs. Nanase, but I don't think that Haru wants to go with you."

"What's that supposed to mean? Where else would he want to go other than his parents? C'mon, Haru, it's time to stop hiding now." said the mother, motioning for the father to start pulling Haru out from the sheets.

"You can't do that! You have to listen to his signs, Haru's hurt!" exclaimed Makoto, coming closer.

Haru's father ignored Makoto and pulled on the covers.

Haru tensed and curled up, clinging to the sheets desperately. "G-Get out!!" He snapped, tears in his eyes as was terrified for his parents to see him.

"I-i want to stay with Makoto!!" He added, not wanting to be taken away from the person he felt most comfortable around right now.

"Haru?" Said the father, stunned.

Haru's mother was the first to recover, "What do you mean, sweetie?"

"You heard him," Makoto spoke up, "He doesn't want to go with you."

Haru's mother wasn't going to take any of that quietly, "He just doesn't know what he's saying. He's hurt! He's not in his right mind!"

"...Makoto's right," the husband said softly, "We've been rude. We should leave."

"But-"

"Now."

Haru's mother looked back to the bed, a pleading look in her eyes, "Haru, are you sure you don't want to see us?"

"I-I don't want you to see me.." He cried and stayed curled up. He was happy that his father was at least getting the hint.

He stayed curled up and waited to hear his parents leave. He felt terrible that his parents came so far to see him and he couldn't even face them.

"I-I'm sorry.." He mumbled quietly, it was all he could say to them. He was a terrible son...a terrible friend...and a terrible love...

With a huff, Haru's mom left the room, followed by Haru's dad. Makoto saw them out, but right before they left, Haru's dad shared the news that the two of them were getting a divorce and apologized for his wife's poor attitude. He said that she was most likely taking out her anger towards him on Haru and Makoto, which, he noted, was not fair. With that, he left.

Makoto shut the door and sighed. "Next time I'll check to see who's there before opening the door," he mumbled to himself. Now for damage control.

Makoto knocked lightly on the bedroom door even though it was still open. "Haru? They're gone now."

Last edited by a moderator:
Haru poked his head out from the blankets and sniffled. "...w-why wouldn't they listen to you.." He asked in a whine and curled up again. He didn't like how his mother had acted and he felt as though he let both his parents down...

Haru wondered if he was just letting everyone down and if he would continue doing so... He already had with Makoto and his parents...maybe even Rin.... Who else would he hurt?

"Your parents have...been through a lot recently. I think there was a lot of stress going on before you were found and now the news has just caused a ton of tension. That's not your fault, of course. But I don't blame them for being...forceful." Makoto considered not telling Haru about the divorce, but ultimately decided that it wasn't his position to withhold the information. "Your dad wanted me to tell you that they're getting a divorce. He said that your mom hasn't been handling it very well, which explains why she was acting so harsh." He came back to the bed and sat on the edge, "I don't want to hide this from you, but I also don't want you to worry about it too much. All you should think about is getting better."

Makoto rubbed a hand on Haru's back, "You shouldn't feel bad about not wanting to see them either. You've barely had any time to adjust from being away from that house and you're not healthy yet. Hell, if I were in that situation I'm not sure if be able to stop myself from crying, let alone speak. I'm proud of you, Haru. And I'm sorry that I let this whole thing happen. It seems like I keep screwing up when it comes to your care..."

Haru didn't like hearing that his parents had been going through a lot of stress and he knew the main reason was because of him. He tensed when he heard his parents were divorcing and more tears fell down his face. "...o-oh..." He mumbled and curled up more, hiding half of his face in the blankets but letting Makoto rub his back.

"Y-you were forced into caring for me...i-it's not your fault and I-I don't blame you for anything...h-how would you know the perfect way to do this.." He asked quietly and sniffled. "I-I hate this..! I-it's all so unfair!!" He said and started to sob.

Makoto threw his arms around the small form under the covers. It was a little awkward, but he could bear not holding Haru for a second longer. "Haru, none of this is your fault. Sometimes things just happen, whether we want them to or not. And even while that's true, I'm incredibly happy that you chose me. You haven't been a burden at all, and I certainly wasn't forced into this. If I was I would've called your parents and pushed you back on them. But I didn't."

His words held power, but that didn't mean that they were reaching Haru. How could he get the boy to understand and believe that what he was saying was true?

Haru jumped at first when he was hugged but relaxed into it. He didn't, however, believe much of Makoto's words. He did feel like a burden and felt as though he was only doing bad for Makoto, making him worry, be upset, get angry... He was the reason Makoto changed so much...

Part of him wished Makoto had forgotten about him and moved on so at least one of them could be happy....

Deciding to change positions, Makoto released Haru and instead got under the covers, placing the blanket all the way over his body so that he mirrored Haru. He could see Haru's face clearly now and simply smiled. "I wouldn't want my life any other way right now," he said in a voice soft enough for only the two of them to hear.

Reaching his hands out, he placed a hand on each of Haru's cheeks before kissing Haru's forehead and closing his eyes. "If none of this had happened, I may have never had the balls to tell you how I feel about you. And now look at us, we're living together and we're even cuddling. That's enough to count as a dream come true for me. So don't apologize, there's nothing for us to regret."

Haru was a bit surprised to watch Makoto come under the covers too and when his forehead was kissed his cheeks went bright red and his sniffled.

"...h-how can you be so perfect...?" He asked, unable to fathom why someone like Makoto loved someone like Haru unconditionally.

Makoto opened his eyes and chuckled, "I've been wanting to ask you the same thing for the past five years. Even now, I'm still wondering. Maybe I can get you to tell me your secret." Makoto grinned mischievously, "I know your weaknesses after all, like how you just so happy to be ticklish...here!"

With lightning-quick hands, Makoto tickled Haru on the right side of his neck, a weak spot that he'd discovered when they were kids. And he refused to let Haru forget that he knew it.

Haru's cheeks went red and he tried to squirm away, still crying and not wanting to laugh though it did tickly immensly.

"W-what secret a-are you talking a-about??" He managed to ask in between breaths as he tried to push Makoto's arm away and get away from the ticklinh.

Grinning, he let up on his attacks, satisfied that that small piece of Haru had remained the same. "Your secret for staying so perfect. You're so strong, Haru. Have I gotten the chance to tell you that yet? Every time I look at you I think about how amazing you are. I thought you were amazing before because of your natural talent for swimming, but looking at you now, I see that you're incredible. The doctors told me that you should've been dead, that not many people could last even a year under the conditions you were in. You toughed it out for five. And don't try to tell me otherwise because I absolutely refuse to listen to it."

Haru looked away at the mention of his five years that he 'toughed out'.... On the contrary, he didn't see himself as tough.. He saw himself as weak. He had been broken and the only reason he survived was because he had detatched himself so much and hoped for death.

"..t-the doctor made sure to keep me alive.." Was all he mumbled, he didn't know what else to say, Makoto wouldn't agree with him but Haru knew how screwed up he was just by the fact he wished he was dead.

//I'm going to bed, goodnight!//

Makoto's brows furrowed as he remembered the condition he'd found Haru in, "He didn't do a very good job of it," Makoto mumbled. "If he wanted you alive, he should've treasured you like you deserve. Instead, he let you starve and left you covered in dirt. I wouldn't trust a person like that with a baby doll, let alone a person." Makoto paused before continuing, "You could've given up, and I know that you think that you did, but I think the reason you made it this far is because a small part of you wanted to live. And, whatever part of you that is, I'm so glad that it's there."

Makoto took one of Haru's hands and held it to Makoto's chest. "I'm glad that we can spend time together like this again. I'm proud of you, Haru."

Haru stayed quiet and listened to Makoto's words, tears still falling down his face. When Makoto grabbed his hand and brought it to his chest, Haru blushed, but he intertwined their fingers. He really wanted to believe Makoto... Though he could never look at himself in that light. He didn't find himself brave or tough...even if he did survive.... But Makoto always saw the light in people, so maybe that was the case here.

Nonetheless, a part of Haru was happy to be with Makoto too..even if he was broken beyond repair he got to see his love again and know he was okay...

Makoto's heart swelled when Haru's fingers locked with his own. After everything that Haru had been through, he was still accepting Makoto. And that was all he could ever hope for.

With his other hand, Makoto began to brush away Haru's tears, "I've been doing this a lot lately," he noted, "Sorry." Of course, Makoto knew that it wasn't entirely his fault, but he couldn't help but feel a little guilty for his guest's tears while under his care.

He smiled then, thinking of something better, "We'll just have to find more things to laugh about. And then I'll get to hear your adorable laugh again." Haru's laugh was a rarity, but a valuable one that never ceased to make Makoto happy.

Haru knew it was true, that Makoto had been wiping away many if his tears lately, and he felt bad for it, even if Makoto didn't think he should. He hated even more that Makoto was apologizing for it when he had no control over Haru's tears.

Haru's cheeks reddened when Makoto called his laugh adorable and he looked at him. "Your laugh is a lot better than mine..." He mumbled.

"You think so?" Makoto asked with a smile, "I used to hate it, you know. It was just so awkward. But then again, I was awkward so that's probably why. But one day you told me not to fret over small things like that, and I guess from that day on, it hasn't really bugged me." Haru was hands down the best thing to happen to Makoto. They'd both supported one another in times of need, and they'd both come out stronger. Now, it was Makoto's turn again. He could repay Haru for everything he'd for Makoto in the years they'd known each other. So no, Makoto didn't see Haru as a burden, not by a long shot.

"How're you feeling?" Makoto asked, remembering his role as a caretaker, "You didn't get much sleep, huh. I'm sorry for waking you up earlier, I just...someone got me irritated and...yeah."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back