• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Day Haru Was Taken Away (Free! Rp)

Haru relaxed a tiny bit when Makoto hugged him back and gave him a soft squeeze. He closed his eyes tightly and just held onto Makoto's shirt.

"...I...I never thought I'd see you again.." Haru admitted quietly. "..I was terrified because I thought I-I'd die and never get to spend more time with you.." Haru added. He didn't add how part of him had wanted death to wash over him.

"I was scared that you'd die to. God I was so scared. After such a long time, they closed your case. They told me to give up on you. But I just couldn't do it. I became a cop just so that I could look for you. Part of me can't believe that after all this time, I've finally, finally found you." Somehow, his words alone couldn't say everything. 5 years worth of emotions and fears could not, for the life of him, be expressed with words, no matter how hard he tried. But during that moment in time, nothing mattered. Not the past, not what would happen in the future, all Makoto cared about was the soft heartbeat that he felt pressed against his body, proof that Haru was really, truly alive.

Haru looked up at Makoto and frowned. "..you gave up your dreams to find me..?" He asked, the guilt in his face obvious.

"I-i don't want you to do that anymore..I don't want you to give up parts of your life because of me... I..I-i'll be okay... I-I was so prepared to die...I can deal with anything now..." He said quietly, the look in his eyes unintentionally showing how a part of Haru did prefer to be dead now.

Makoto looked, really looked, into Haru's eyes, recognizing the many differences in what he once knew and what he was looking at now. Haru's eyes were dimmer, no longer sparking with curiosity and happiness. They were the eyes of someone who had long forgotten the value of life and had given up. Makoto was used to this look. In his 5 years as a police officer, he'd had a handful of murder cases where the criminal had looked at him with eyes exactly like these. Every single one had been a victim of some horrendous crime themselves before they just...snapped. Makoto wouldn't let that happen to Haru.

"My dreams mean nothing if you're not with me, Haru," Makoto said. "I know that it's selfish, but without you, I'm incomplete. So please stop apologizing. You have nothing to regret or be sorry for. Nothing at all."

Haru stayed close to Makoto, looking up in Makoto's eyes and noticing differences as well. They no longer held it's usual innocence and kindness. As much as Haru hated to admit it, they both changed. Haru wanted the old Makoto back, but he was sure Makoto wanted the old Haru back as well.

Haru took in a shaky breath at Makoto's words and he looked up to him still. "..w-why are you so kind to me...a-after all this.." He asked shakily tears forming in his eyes. "I-it was my fault... I-i was dumb and if i-i just kept my mouth shut...o-or wasn't such a coward and ran off..w-we wouldn't be in this situation..!" Haru cried, actually bringing up what happened before he was kidnapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
"None of what happened was your fault." Makoto said, using a thumb to brush away one of Haru's tears, "If anything it was mine. You confessed and I just froze. God, you must've felt so horrible. I should've just told you that..." that I love you. Makoto's voice was starting to crack from the pain that was stabbing his chest. "I thought about telling you for so long and when the time came I screwed it up! And I always told myself that if I ever saw you again, I'd tell you in a heartbeat, yet here I we are and I'm scared to tell you."

Makoto knew that what he was saying didn't make any sense, but it was the best he could do. Just tell him. No more regrets.

Haru looked up and Makoto, blushing as his tears were wiped away. He seemed more surprised when Makoto said it was his fault, he tried to shake his head to say it wasn't but froze at Makoto's almost confession.

This was all Haru wanted after all these years.... But now that he had realized it, that Makoto felt the same, all he could feel was fear. He'd only let Makoto down. Haru wasn't sure what he could and couldn't handle... He might not even be able to handle the tiniest of touches... And if Makoto ever wanted to get intimate.. That'd be a long ways away.

Haru knew that it would be the biggest mistake of Makoto's life if he was with Haru.. Haru wasn't good enough.. And with that though Haru moved away and tried to get up to get away from his best friend, though of course his legs gave out under him due to how weak they were. Haru fell on his but by the couch and started to cry, he tried to hide his face, not wanting Makoto to see. "Y-you can't..n-not when i-i'm like this...y-you deserve so much better than me.."

Makoto rushed to Haru's side, kneeling down. He hated seeing Haru cry, he had when he was a kid, he had when they were teenagers, and he did now. "With all I've done, I don't deserve anyone. I know that and yet all I want is to be able to stay by your side. Selfish, right?" He went back to wiping away Haru's tears, "But I can't help it. I love you, Haru. I have ever since I was a kid, and even though you're like this, I still do. There's nothing you could ever do that could ever change that." He smiled then and everything felt right, like they'd never been parted, like nothing had changed from 5 years ago.

"I know that this has to be hard for you and until you're well enough I won't bring this up again. I don't want you to worry about anything other than getting better."

"I-it's not selfish...y-you're perfect and i-i'm... I-i'm just broken.." He cried. When he heard those three words from Makoto he didn't know what to do. He buried his face in Makoto's chest and just cried more.

"I-I'm used Makoto..w-why do you want me...?? I-I'm broken and what if I-I can't give you what you want..??" He asked shakily, still worried and afraid.

Makoto place a hand on Haru's back and started rubbing in slow circles. "All I want is for you to be happy and safe. I don't need anything else. 'Used?' 'Broken?' Those are words for things, Haru. You're not a thing. You're my precious friend and I love you with my whole heart." He kissed the top of Haru's head. "So you don't have to be scared anymore. Just be who you are now, that's all I want."

He held Haru to his body once again, still rubbing his back, trying to calm the trembles from Haru's body. He sighed. If only it could be that easy.

//sorry was helping my mom//

Haru kept crying into Makoto's chest, he sure felt like an object after the five years he was with the doctor. Haru wasn't completely convinced and still felt Makoto was making a mistake, though he didn't want to upset Makoto so he bit back any of his dark thoughts.

It took a while before Haru finally calmed down and stopped crying, now he leaned against Makoto, staging in the other's arms and just sniffling. He seemed tired though Haru knew he couldn't sleep. He just wanted to spend time with Makoto and pretend things were okay.

Makoto was happier than he'd been in a long, long time. Happier than the day he graduated high school, happier than the day he got his first car, happier than when he'd adopted Saba-hime. That moment, sitting on the floor and holding his friend, was a perfect expanse of time that he didn't want to ever end. He felt Haru start to calm down until the air was only punctuated by intakes of breath and soft sniffles.

He hated to move, but he had to see how Haru was feeling. "You know the guest room is still ready for you. If you're feeling tired, we can move there. And I'll stay with you until you fall asleep or kick me out, whichever comes first." He chuckled even though it wasn't very funny. He seemed to do that a lot lately now that he was around Haru again.

Haru made a tiny shrug and sighed. "We can go to the room whenever you want.." He said quietly, relaxing after hearing Makoto's laugh.

"I'll never kick you out... I don't want you away from me.." He said quietly, holding onto Makoto slightly tighter.

He took a deep breath. "..I-I love you...and I wish I could be better and feel as though I deserve your love..."

Makoto's face instantly started heating up the second the word "love" slipped from Haru's lips. Makoto had heard it only once before- the day Haru was taken away- but he was incredibly happy to hear it again after everything that'd happened. His heart thudded happily in his chest while the blush crept up to his ears- a trait that he hadn't outgrown from his years as a teen. He turned his face away, hoping to hide his blush even though he knew full well that it was futile.

"Let's go then," he mumbled, counting to three before lifting Haru up again. He still was appalled by just how light Haru's body was. They'd have to work on that.

When Makoto nudged the already ajar door open with his foot, he noticed that the bed was already being occupied. He sighed rolled his eyes, "Saba-hime, the bed is for Haru. You can't take the whole thing up, princess." Saba-hime was no fool. She knew that if she stayed in the middle of the bed she'd get moved so she stood up and padded to the edge of the bed, out of the way.

Makoto set Haru down once more and started working on making Haru comfortable.

Haru held onto Makoto, still noticing the blush on his cheeks but relaxing when Makoto picked him up and held him close.

After, when Haru was placed on the bed, he looked at Makoto. "You don't have to fuss over me so much..." He mumbled. He looked to the cat and tried to sit up so he could pet her, though he let out a small whine of pain when he tried to sit.

"You and Saba both know that I have a habit for mothering people. But you're lucky. Unlike Saba, you didn't turn into a spoiled little queen when I mommed you." Makoto looked pointedly at Saba, who promptly ignored him and came closer to Haru.

Makoto's heart tugged when he heard Haru's whimper of pain. He suddenly remembered the sheet of care instructions he'd gotten at the hospital and searched in his pockets for it. He didn't feel like finding his reading glasses so he squinted and held the paper farther from his face. After glancing over it, he looked back to Haru. "Where does it hurt the most? And on a scale of 1 to 10, how much does it hurt? I'm supposed to figure out how much of the pain meds you should take since it's been awhile since your last dose."

Haru blinked and the name Saba, liking the name even more since it reflected his favorite food. He looked to Makoto and noticed the same expression of worry as earlier. He made a small sigh.

"..my hips...and a six or seven.." He mumbled. Though his hips hadn't been broken, because of all the times he had been taken advantage of the nurse did expect them to hurt though it's be more psychological than actual physical pain.

Makoto's teeth automatically clenched, knowing exactly why Haru's hips were hurting. He hated that the only thing he could do was give him pills and tell him to get some rest. He felt so...useless. He left the room and went back into the living room to look for the meds. After some investigation, he smacked his hand to his forehead, realizing that he'd left everything in the car. He shuffled back into Haru's room to tell him that he'd be back with meds in a couple minutes.

God he felt stupid. Who forgets such an important thing? Him, apparently.

Haru looked at Makoto and tensed when Makoto said he would be back in a couple minutes... That meant he'd be leaving.

"M-Makoto don't go...I-I'm okay, really.." He lied, not wanting Makoto to go even for a little bit. Haru tried to sit up to show he was okay but he visibly winced and frowned more.

Makoto paused at the door, "I- but- are you sure? You look like even sitting up hurt like hell." His eyebrows furrowed into a concerned line, his mouth frowning slightly. He didn't know if Haru was truly fine without the meds or just trying to put up a brave front. He did know, however, that Haru really didn't like being away from Makoto, which he understood. Still, if Makoto could do anything to help Haru he was open to anything. All Haru had to do was ask.

"I-I don't want to be alone.." He said shakily though he did seem in pain. He was terrified that if he was alone he would be taken away again or hurt.

"I-i don't care if I-i'm in pain...I-I don't want to be alone.." He said a slight whine to his voice as he spoke.

Makoto smiled, "I gotcha. I won't go anywhere. I'll just sit right here and talk your ear off. Just chatting feel kinda weird, you know? Like, after everything we've been through now we're having casual conversations. We're having our own normal. No, that's weird, sorry. Are you sure you don't need anything?"

Oh God, why. I've had 5 years to come up with scenarios for this, why am I having such a hard time sounding like a normal person? I'm being so weird, Haru must think that I somehow turned into a weirdo while we were apart.

Makoto was sitting down in a chair positioned next to Haru's bed and his leg started to jiggle the way it did when he got nervous. He put his hands together only to realize that they were getting sweaty and gross. He was a mess, and he knew that the only reason was because his crush was in the same room.

Haru seemed to visibly relax when Makoto stayed and he watched Makoto sit by his bed. As goofy as Makoto was acting, Haru didn't mind. He had always liked before when Makoto got silly and now was no exception.

Haru noticed Makoto jiggling his leg and blinked, he remembered Makoto did this when he was nervous but he wasn't sure as to why.

"..M-Makoto...what's wrong..?" He asked quietly, giving up on sitting up and just laying down so he can rest his hurting hips.

//I'm off to bed now. Good night!//

"Hm? Oh, I'm just...thinking. About a lot of things. Mostly you," he said, visibly calming after Haru started laying down. Chopped up parts of his hair still stuck up and stood out against the stark white pillows, which made Makoto angry all over again. "And also about the doctor that did this to you. I hope he gets put in jail for the rest of his life, but I'm afraid that they're going to make you relive these past five years as a testimony in court. It's...it's a lot and it sucks. It just really, really sucks." He lowered his head out of sheer frustration for it all.

He didn't even know why he was talking about this. All it would do is freak Haru out and cause him to recede back into his own personal shell. But something told Makoto that it was still important to warn Haru of the possible dangers he may have to face, though he hoped for both their sakes that it never became anything more than a 'what if'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back