• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Dawn Bringer [OOC]

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Berries

Berry bad fruit puns
Closed: We are no longer accepting characters! Thank you to everybody who applied. :) If you're interested in joining and haven't submitted a CS yet, PM me and maybe we can work something out. ^-^

Welcome to the OOC thread!

Accepted Characters
William Reed | Berries Berries | Captain
UNKNOWN | Berries Berries | Quartermaster
Pax Corrin | Vudukudu Vudukudu | First Mate
Soloris Khan | Duckler Duckler | Strategist
Jepha Hyman | Shadow Shadow | Navigator
Iven Stragos | Berries Berries | Mechanic
Amanda Hayworth | Berries Berries | Gunner, Chef
Johanna Kilter | Berries Berries | Gunner

Last edited:
Just wondering, prior to the flying pirates, did the famous pirates like Edward Teach, Anne Bonny, Mary Read, and others still existed?

Just wondering, prior to the flying pirates, did the famous pirates like Edward Teach, Anne Bonny, Mary Read, and others still existed?
This universe is going to be totally seperate from the real world, so no. :) However, pirates would have existed all throughout time, so there will have been some famous ones! You can make them up if you want. c:

Are we talking Guns of Icarus styles of ships? I think a better question would be, what motivations are you pulling from for this roleplay?

Are we talking Guns of Icarus styles of ships? I think a better question would be, what motivations are you pulling from for this roleplay?
Ships are primarily going to be blimp-type things with a ship hanging beneath. So something like this:
b71731237df39901bc639ea8a953c720.jpg

I'm working on writing up locations with images, so hopefully that will give you more of a picture of what the world will look like. :) If you want more detail than that right now though I can explain more about the world specifically. ^-^

Reis Reis Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Croaker Croaker Shadow Shadow norway norway Sir Basilisk Sir Basilisk
Thank you all for expressing interest! :D I just wanted to let you know that I'll be closing character apps on Wednesday so make sure to get your application CSs in! I know a lot of you are probably busy since it's the beginning of the week, but the abbreviated CS is actually quite short and shouldn't take you too long I hope. :)

VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow Vudukudu Vudukudu Duckler Duckler CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse
Thanks for submitting your characters guys! <3 They all look great so far! Most of you went ahead and started on the full CS which I appreciate. :D

Just so you guys know, I will be closing character applications on Wednesday. It's okay if your full CS is a WIP, but make sure you've got all the application CS filled out! After Wednesday you'll know if you're in or not and those of you who don't have full CSs will be welcome to finish them up. If you're accepted, you'll also get your assigned role on Wednesday!

I also updated my post on the CS thread to include my GM characters (a few of them aren't totally done but at least you can get the gist of them). For the record, you guys aren't allowed "?"s in your CSs, that's my GM privilege lol.

Alrighty, it's Wednesday and applications are now closed! Here are our accepted characters and positions:

Cast
William Reed | Berries Berries | Captain
UNKNOWN | Berries Berries | Quartermaster
Pax Corrin | Vudukudu Vudukudu | First Mate
Soloris Khan | Duckler Duckler | Strategist
Jepha Hyman | Shadow Shadow | Navigator
Iven Stragos | Berries Berries | Mechanic
Amanda Hayworth | CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse | Gunner, Chef
Johanna Kilter | Berries Berries | Gunner

If you are unhappy with your character's role, you're free to contest it. ^-^ From what I can tell, everybody has completed their CS aside from Crimson. If you have anything else to finish up on your CS, feel free to do so now! The first post will most likely be either late Thursday or Friday. I'll be doing more detailed character reviews in a few moments, so keep an eye out for another ping concerning character feedback. :p

Thank you to everybody who applied! Remember, if you weren't accepted, that's nothing against you as a rper - I just didn't think your character was right for the rp. :)

Last edited:
Character Feedback-

Vudukudu Vudukudu
Pax Corrin
I love his backstory! Nice bit of world building there, I'm working on a world map right now and I'll make sure to include Cintras. :)

Cintrian Repulser: This is a bit too advanced for my liking, do you mind if the cone of force's radius is reduced to 5-10 feet? Additionally, the recharge time will probably pretty long and I don't imagine him being able to use it more than once per fight. :)

Duckler Duckler
Soloris Khan
I'm glad somebody decided to opt for a non-combat oriented character! :D I didn't anticipate having the strategist role, but I think it's a great addition to the crew!

Could you go into a bit more detail in his background about how he became a tactician? Just mentioning that he studied old war strategies or whatnot would be fine, I just want the foundation for his strategy knowledge to be clear. c:

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse
Amanda Hayworth
Good to see we've got at least one woman on the crew. :D Kudos for using a Miss Fortune skin as a reference image lol (if you don't play league, disregard this).

Make sure you finish your background, the rp thread is going to be up soon and you can post in it before you finish the CS but it'd be great if that can get done asap. :)

On the topic of weaknesses, could you add one more (or change the melee weakness)? I understand that I only mandated that you had to have an equal number of skills as weaknesses, but in this case I don't think that the melee weakness is strong enough to balance out her character. :) Seeing that pistols can be semi-close range and fist fighting can cover super close range, there isn't really a definitive situation where she might find herself at a disadvantage (bringing swords to a gun fight isn't a smart idea, after all!). Hopefully that makes sense. c:

Shadow Shadow
Jepha Hyman
I'm really pleased with how well-rounded this crew is! I like his backstory too. :D

The only thing is that could you outline what the multi-purpose watch does? Is it just time/compass/date or are there other functions? :)

Character Feedback-

Vudukudu Vudukudu
Pax Corrin
I love his backstory! Nice bit of world building there, I'm working on a world map right now and I'll make sure to include Cintras. :)

Cintrian Repulser: This is a bit too advanced for my liking, do you mind if the cone of force's radius is reduced to 5-10 feet? Additionally, the recharge time will probably pretty long and I don't imagine him being able to use it more than once per fight. :)

Duckler Duckler
Soloris Khan
I'm glad somebody decided to opt for a non-combat oriented character! :D I didn't anticipate having the strategist role, but I think it's a great addition to the crew!

Could you go into a bit more detail in his background about how he became a tactician? Just mentioning that he studied old war strategies or whatnot would be fine, I just want the foundation for his strategy knowledge to be clear. c:

Amanda Hayworth
Good to see we've got at least one woman on the crew. :D Kudos for using a Miss Fortune skin as a reference image lol (if you don't play league, disregard this).

Make sure you finish your background, the rp thread is going to be up soon and you can post in it before you finish the CS but it'd be great if that can get done asap. :)

On the topic of weaknesses, could you add one more (or change the melee weakness)? I understand that I only mandated that you had to have an equal number of skills as weaknesses, but in this case I don't think that the melee weakness is strong enough to balance out her character. :) Seeing that pistols can be semi-close range and fist fighting can cover super close range, there isn't really a definitive situation where she might find herself at a disadvantage (bringing swords to a gun fight isn't a smart idea, after all!). Hopefully that makes sense. c:

Shadow Shadow
Jepha Hyman
I'm really pleased with how well-rounded this crew is! I like his backstory too. :D

The only thing is that could you outline what the multi-purpose watch does? Is it just time/compass/date or are there other functions? :)

You got it boss. I’ll be more clear on the recharge time, I did plan on using it very sparingly but I’ll tack on a specific number.

For anybody who doesn't get pings (sorry I'm excessively pinging everybody, by the way), we now have our IC thread!
The Dawn Bringer | IC

You're all free to post whenever. We won't have a posting order (unless I feel like that would help pacing), but keep in mind the posting requirements for this rp!

The letter BBCode format isn't mobile friendly, but there is a spoiler at the bottom with a non-BBCoded version. I've also included GM notes at the bottom of the post which I'll be using throughout the rp to clarify points. :) If anybody has any questions, ask me here!

You got it boss. I’ll be more clear on the recharge time, I did plan on using it very sparingly but I’ll tack on a specific number.
Thanks a bunch! :)

Character Feedback-

Vudukudu Vudukudu
Pax Corrin

Duckler Duckler
Soloris Khan

Amanda Hayworth

Shadow Shadow
Jepha Hyman

Fixed it! I should have a post up, if not today, then sometime this weekend. ^_^

Character Feedback-

Vudukudu Vudukudu
Pax Corrin

Duckler Duckler
Soloris Khan

Amanda Hayworth

Shadow Shadow
Jepha Hyman

Thanks for the feedback (and also selecting my character)!

Will get to work on the necessary adjustments to the CS and hopefully also a first post this afternoon.

Berries Berries added a weakness in my cs. I’ll update the backstory as soon as I am able, and yes, I do play league. The picutre seemed fitting and it helps that the pic I’m using for her looks similar enough the Captain Fortune skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back