• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Dark World (rp)

Kore Dair
Kore's eyes narrowed as he seemed to become his flirty self. So he's fine. She thought wryly, and despite her best efforts, her mouth pulled up to one side in a dry smile. She stood at the same time he did, getting to her feet slowly, with a wince on her face. There seemed to be another commotion at their makeshift camp, but Kore was tired of dealing with all those people, and decided she would go and find something to eat, and curl up somewhere nice for the night.
"Good. So you can walk over there and go... Eat.", her nose crinkled in a disgusted expression, as she pointed towards the camp, deciding she would ignore his poor attempts to woo her. "I'm going to find my own food. Don't follow me.", with that, she turned away, and started walking slowly into the dark wood, trying her best to hide her limp.
She wandered around for a while, using her nose and the trees to guide her around. She picked up a few wild carrots here, a few berries there, a little wild garlic, some edible plants - pocketing what she could and carrying the rest. She hit the jackpot when she found a fallen tree, with lots of brown witch's butter mushrooms growing on it. She was even more pleased with herself when she found a medium sized puffball mushroom. Patting the tree that had lead her to the large mushroom, and whispering a quiet "Thank you, sister.", before making her way back, and using her powers to sit on the relatively flat branch of a tree, as close as she could stand being to the smell of these peoples dinner. Placing her hands on the thick branch, she flattened it out more, and creating a soft bowl - she was now sitting in a very slight dip, and emptied her pockets (and hood, where she had put the puffball for a moment) onto her new base. This was plenty enough for her to eat, and once she was full, she would save herself a breakfast. The rest of the group seemed to have enough food.
Sitting back, she relaxed and started to nibble on a thin wild carrot, watching them from a distance. She would sleep here tonight, all she had to do was finish her meal and find some moss or something soft to make it more comfortable.
Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Vira

Vira could hardly stand looking around this camp. There was too many around being so... so... freaking obnoxious! They were all 'comforting' and 'compassionate' and 'sweet' to each other! Ugh, it was sickening! Reddish gaze swept the place. Everywhere she could see, she'd spot such scenes. They were all like freaking babies! Like they needed their mother, or a nurse, or a maid, or a godmother there to purr sweet nothings in their ears. Had they not steeled themselves? Had they not figured out how to be strong? Why did all these people require the sweet words of random strangers? 'Ahhhh, whatever! Ughh!' Why had she even returned after leaving hours ago? That was her chance to escape this nest of babies. Yet.. She had even hunted for them, and hadn't so much as heard a 'thanks'!

Sweet words whispered into her own ears. 'It's because you care, Vira, and I'm proud.'

'No, I don't! T-they just needed to eat.'

'See? Caring!'

'Clearly I don't! I'm pissed they haven't said thanks! No, fucking manners! I should take back all my kill back! These ungrateful bitches..!'

'I think you're just prete..'

'Oh, shut up!'

The 'presence' of her sister was gone, and Vira released a sigh. At least Ellie had the decency to disappear when Vira wished it. Glancing back over at the cooking meats, and veggies she had brought in. "Ahhg, whatever!" she growled, turning from it, to go off on her own. She needed to get away from all these people... It was night time, though. Hm. Tomorrow, she'd leave them. Sounded like a plan.

Suddenly her power spiked up, filling her person with the redhot flashes of danger. Glancing across the clearing, she felt as that little girl burst into a weird, undulating, black glittery mass. It was very similar to something she had seen before. Vira's face paled, and she could feel the power there. That little girl definitely was very dangerous, not like her initial read suggested. The power disappeared, with Vira calming down; she'd have to be more alert for this one's power in the future, it was dangerous. Not as dangerous as whatever Snow could do to her, but still.

"Uggh!" Vira hissed, hands grabbing her head. Yep, she had a massive headache. Yep, that's what happened when one was around so many people. And so many Abnorms..! It just burned inside of her body and mind. Her power radiating primarily in her mind. It was like standing in buffeting winds. Tomorrow for sure, she'd leave. Vira couldn't stand staying next to so many people.

Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Syphe Syphe Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Kallo Kallo Randomfella Randomfella littleberry littleberry FrostFire FrostFire revior revior Spice Spice Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish
and @whoever else is there/around :P

As the Black plasmatic mass finally creeped all the way back into the little form, limp on the ground. it was lifted into the air by another. A bestial thing created by the little boy, Einua's head Rolled side to side as he was lifted up bridal style in the monsters hands, gentle thighs clinging loosely to the arms of the beast. His left arm dangled freely, while his right was curled up against the small of his belly. The boys figure was soft and jiggly, and in every way looked like that of a girl. curly black locks of hair Tumbled and swished against the beast as it walked towards the camp of people. Whimpering sounds could be heard from the small body in the monsters arm's, soft jostling as Einua turned and writhed in his sleep, fingers clutching tightly against the flesh of the beast that carried him. His still body had began to move again, but he was far from waking, his visage contorted into what looked like agonizing pain. The dreams that swam around in his head as he slept were merely nightmares, but only nightmares.

Words escaped the sleeping body, lips softly and slowly pursing as inaudible sounds were made, names and worrys that were the creation of the dreams. Tormented thoughts and ill idea's that seeped out of his mouth with tangible accuracy. "
L...lethe....m..mother....p..please." A dreary sound, voice still broken and cracked, like fractured glass. or that of a hollowed soul. Soon the dreams passed, and Einua clutched to the form of the beast tightly, shivering heavily as if it were cold. Even though the air around him was muggy and humid. Droplets and beads of sweat formed on the brim of Einua's forehead. Beading along his cheek as they slowly traced along his jaw and off of his chin, falling and blipping against the soft of the soil beneath them

Blood, dripped slowly from Einua's nose, Steaming up as it made contact with the air around it. flowing freely from both nostrils as it dripped along his cheeks, Bubbling and sizzling as it feel from Einua's cheek. Droplets hitting the ground and melting away at the dirt for mere
seconds before smoking up and dissipating, some of the blood leaked onto the monster, burning away and eating at parts of its flesh. The blood was black with specks of silver in it, and it flowed like magma slow and heavy. It left black stains across Einua's pale, clear skin. Droplets falling heavily now, dripping against the beast and the ground, leaving a trail of sizzling dirt and lines of black along anything it touched. Einua tossed and turned now, Disturbed by the flowing of blood that came from his nose, his hands lifting and rubbing away at it, and to much shock, it had no affect on him. it stained at his palms, making them tinged black.

This bleeding went on four about a minute before it stopped, the sizzling of the blood left behind on the monster that carried him and on the ground wasn't very loud,it sounded like water boiling almost. Einua clutched even tighter to the monster now, his dreams and thoughts empty, he looked peaceful and at rest now, but for how long.

(( Spice Spice littleberry littleberry Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko FrostFire FrostFire and everyone else that is around.))

-= KAIA WINTERS =-
Fugitive | Abnorm | The Camp
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Syphe Syphe revior revior littleberry littleberry Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe @AnyoneElseRevelant

When no one seemed to react to her name, Kaia’s eyes once more fixated on the cowboy, who was propped up and being fed by one of the daintiest girls she’d ever seen. Turning and tilting her head, the girl’s light golden locks to spill over her shoulder and she gave a slight smile. Kaia’s lips pursed together in confusion, but she nodded her head just barely in acknowledgement to the girl’s kindness. As the cowboy finally rose to his feet and slowly stumbled off away from the fire, immediate relief swept over Kaia’s disposition and her shoulders finally relaxed, at least somewhat. If he was a bounty hunter, it appeared he either hadn’t heard the reward for her capture or had something more valuable to go after. Either way, though, she’d still have to keep an eye on him..

At this time, Kaia took a few precious moments to evaluate the rest of the group. They appeared to be traveling together, but their lack of cohesion probably meant they weren’t anything official. In fact, they seemed to be quite the band of misfits. Her violet orbs wandered next to the male leaning against a tree opposite the fire. He was awfully quiet and she made sure to note the glint of what appeared to be a silver flask that he swiftly stashed away in his coat. Most likely alcohol. Her attention was then drawn to the initial young woman who still sat at the base of a tree, though this time her disposition had changed to what looked like frustration. As she grabbed her head and voiced her discomfort, Kaia made a mental note not to get on her bad side. She had no special sixth sense, but everything about this girl emanated anger. A slight smirk graced Kaia’s lips for only a split second. For once there was someone in the group who acted normally for a chance. All this kindness and compassion was strange, especially given the hell she’d just been living in not eight weeks ago.

The blood curdling scream that suddenly echoed through the forest nearly caused Kaia to jump out of her own skin. The two long braids that framed either side of Kaia’s face swayed back and forth as her head snapped toward the source of the noise. “What…the heck was that…?” she blurted out, still painfully aware of Sera’s fingers gripping her arm. If she was honest with herself, she really didn’t want to stay and find out. But it looked like she didn’t have a choice at this point. As if to agree with her logic, just then her stomach rumbled again. Kaia cringed in embarrassment and adjusted her cloak nervously, her eyes once more wandering to the mouthwatering boar still fresh on the fire spit. The moment some sort of...creature entered the light of the campfire, her eyes widened at the sight of the small, limp figure in its arms. They'd come directly from where the sound originated...could it have been her? Or him. She couldn't really tell from her vantage point.

Last edited:
Scarlett O'Hare

The consumption of jerky was making Scarlett quite content to sit at the fire and disregard the fact that Jackson had dismissed her comment. Whether they liked it or not, the pair acted like a couple from what she could tell. They worried about each other, but didn't have to speak much to feel comfortable with the other. The only reason Scarlett even could sit here calmly was nobody had actually tried to hit her yet. It was a saving grace. As Patrick mentioned more food, Scarlett tilted her head in utter confusion. The salty dehydrated meat wasn't her dinner? Was she wrong to assume that? Feeling a bit anxious she reached out for another piece to find the bag gone. "Thief!" She growled as she looked around, watching Sera run off after the intruder that had stolen her precious meal. Her eyes stared ferociously towards where the pair had run off. If Sera didn't return within a few minutes, she would hunt down the monster with everything she had. Luckily enough, Sera returned dragging in a small blue haired girl behind her.

She introduced herself, sorta, as Kaia. Scarlett now had a name, a face, and a reason. She deemed this person and enemy and glared daggers into her with cold hatred. "Thief." She growled under breath as she reached for her spear, but knowing that neither Patrick nor Sera were trying to hurt this girl, attacking would be a terrible idea. That meant she was a new group member. Scarlett quickly turned to Sera. "So, no more?" She asked with the sinking feeling that she couldn't eat any more jerky and that her dinner was done for the night. It was sad to think about, but there was only so much that Scarlett could ask to have handed to her. Remember, as an abnorm you have a gift. As long as you pull your share, you can expect to be helped in return. A woman's voice that Scarlett didn't recognize filled her mind. The smell of lilacs overwrote the smell of the boar cooking. What was happening? And why now of all times?

Ryuji Nakamoto

Ryuji nodded as Kore walked away. "Have it your way." He smiled and waved over his shoulder towards her as he walked back to camp. His pace far more leisurely than any time that day. His mind was focused on something and with Kore there he'd likely never get to think about it. Every stone and branch suddenly became an obstacle for him as his mind delved deeper and deeper into his thoughts of his past. The dark truth of his existence buried within them and the truth of who he was submerged beneath that. It was like trying to claw his way to the center of the earth, something he'd done once to try and escape his tormented life as an assassin trainee. As he tumbled his way into the camp, Ryuji looked at the people around him and felt like he was looking at people he'd never met before, despite having travelled all day with them. It was frustrating to know them by name, but feel like he would just as soon kill them as he did breathing. Even with newcomers to flirt with, Ryuji felt nothing but an empty sensation of murderous bloodlust creeping into him.

Moving towards the river, Ryuji found a large boulder and climbed upon it. "Guess it's been a while Hifumi." He muttered into the night's air while slowly placing his "Blood Born Fox" mask onto his face. Seating himself with his legs crossed over each other, Ryuji placed one hand in his lap, the other in his palm with the thumbs touching barely at the tips. Stilling his breathing to nothing more than necessary, Ryuji focused his energy into one place, the middle of his forehead, where the third eye would be.

In his meditation he felt the world become brighter around him. The sound of the water flowing, subsiding into a silence that could chill even the bravest of souls. The fire and night's warmth dissipating into the cold of a place Ryuji long forgot and wished never to return to. But here he was, sitting at the opening to a temple in a snow covered peak in the mountains of New-Asia. Sure it was all meditation, but his spirit was here and that meant she would be too.

Hifumi.jpg

"It's been a long time since you've come to see me Ryuji." A soft voice cooed to him from inside the temple. A woman with cherry blossom pink hair and eyes as blue as the sea stepped out from behind a pillar. This wasn't the real Hifumi, but it was as close as Ryuji could get anymore. "To be honest, I'd begun to think you'd forgotten about me." The woman's laugh filled Ryuji's ears and tugged at his heart strings. He couldn't forget her, not for even one day, but the reasons were more complicated than one would think. Suddenly the feeling of an ice cold blade piercing through his stomach forced Ryuji to open his eyes and look at the woman. A blade coated in ice pressed through his stomach, but sadly for the woman the ice never could spread as Ryuji healed. "You're still as much of an asshole to death as you are with women." She joked as she pulled out the blade and Ryuji healed up.

"You need to improve your aim then." Ryuji's voice sounded whispy and dark. Looking to the polished shields that decorated the temple, Ryuji knew why. He saw the mask he wore upon a shadowy mass that took the shape of a fox. Four tendril like, dark tails swaying about as if the excitement of the hunt was possessing him. "I came here because it's happening again." His voice echoed as his paws pressed into the snow while his claws touched the outer edges of the tiles. "I'm losing the 'me' that you created. The one that saved me from......this" The four tails gestured to the entirety of what Ryuji was. "Please, help me Hifumi."

"And why should I?" Hifumi's blade lit ablaze as she glared at him. "You're the one who decided that orders were more important than the woman who loved you." Hifumi glared up at the beast that was Ryuji and slashed at his incorporeal form. The wound healed nearly instantly, though Ryuji cringed in pain. "I should just break that mask I made you. Let the monster out and watch you drown in the mess YOU made." Hifumi huffed as she moved inside the temple, but turned around with a sigh. "Come along Ryuji. You know I've never been able to let you suffer." Hifumi's eyes looked somber as she moved deeper into the temple. Ryuji's massive form swiftly edging between the pillars as if to avoid the purity of this place. "So, what's caused the lapse this time? Too much alcohol? Or did you just get pushed close to death by a horde of angry villagers again?"

"Nothing so simple."
The fox beast's voice echoed within the place. "I'm finding myself acting out the need to save people lately and it's created a divide. I've been identifying the difference between the two me's that exist." Ryuji stopped as Hifumi turned around her eyes shining with joy and sorrow. "Don't get sappy on me. I made lapses in judgment, nothing more." He hissed to the woman as he sat down and bore his chest before the woman. "I am not going to become a good person. That choice was made for me years ago, and again when I killed you. I'm a monster born and bred."

"And yet you keep coming here to revive the humanity that you lost." Hifumi snickered as she teased Ryuji. The woman never knew when to quit. "Are you sure that you want this though?" Hifumi looked at Ryuji disheartened. "It's only a substitute for overcoming yourself and you know it. If you ever forget about me..."

"That's an impossibility." Ryuji's words held anguish as he looked to the ground. "My greatest sin was following that order." Two long white scars appeared along Ryuji's right shoulder as a grim reminder of his actions and their reason. "I should've fought and killed him, but instead I let the beast take control." A single tear fell from Ryuji's eye and hit the ground between his paws. The drop splashing and becoming reminiscent of a wave crashing upon the shore. "If I ever forget you, then I truly have become a monster and don't deserve your gift."

"Everyone deserves a chance at happiness Ryuji, never forget that." Hifumi's eyes softened as her sword first became coated in water, followed by a strip of fire. A rush of wind passed by Ryuji and joined the mix before the blade became hard and shone like a diamond. "Remember this Ryuji. I don't instill kindness into you, I merely awaken the side of you that you have forgotten." The last thing Ryuji would remember before being back at camp was the pressure of her sword entering his stomach and a surge of energy.

For anyone that was watching Ryuji through his meditation, they would've seen that dreadful presence from earlier, but this time, stronger. The murderous intent growing savage, much like a cornered beast, until a single tear fell from under the mask into his palm. And as quickly as it came, the desire to kill emanating from Ryuji would leave as if it were never there.

Ryuji slowly opened his eyes and looked to the fire. His stomach was empty, but he didn't feel like eating. He wanted to be alone and forgotten. Taking off the mask he looked at it. "'The Blood Born Fox' is all there is to me Hifumi. I will never escape those claws and someday, I will kill these people here if I'm not careful." His empty eyes gazed towards the moon as he let out a soft howl of the wolf, longing for days once past.

Tyra Tyra Syphe Syphe FrostFire FrostFire & everybody at camp.

Last edited:
ZEPHYR XENOS
2a7908494166d591511a24e1ab3162e5.jpg

Zephyr was now really confused. Even more so when he woke up with no memories. Some girl had now fallen asleep on his lap and he had no idea what to do. He looked around frantically for someone to help. He flung his head back and forth looking like he was dancing to something. "Help, I need adult supervision." he tried whisper yelling. But as most would assume one cannot whisper and yell at the same time so it turned out to be more of a louder whisper. He was unsure if anyone would pay attention or help him. "She be dead, oh no, she died on me" Zephyr says hovering his hands over her a sort of disgusted facial expression on him because he thought this pink haired girl died on him and he did not want a corpse on him.

Zephyr was on his own with this whole ordeal, he did not even know the girls name and now she was dead. What should he do. He was slightly freaking out, not full blown though because he had little attachment to the random girl and she was really confusing but she was just nice to him and now was gone. What he did not know was that she was sleeping because assuming she was doing the most normal human function is too hard for him the think up.

(( Kiroshiven Kiroshiven ))

Proximity breach...

Unknown personal detected...
Patrick, who had been starring at his coffee pot, immediately looked up tension springing into his body as the ragged girl snatched Scarlett's jerky and sprinted for the tree line, he began to rise to follow but the medic acted faster storming off into the woods after the would be thief. The soldier stood looking after them as they raced out of sight, dam she's quick, he thought, than again it could just be his age catching up to him this late at night. With a sigh and a shake of his head he moved to his pack and grabbed his and Keiji's bed rolls, two adult sized sleeping bags that he had managed to get a hold of about a year ago.

He was laying them out near the fire when the medic came back with the thief in tow, apparently Patrick wasn't the only one with a bleeding heart because it looked like she had decided to keep the young girl around, at least he didn't have to take of this one... Who was he kidding he'd probably end up giving someone the shirt off his back before they reached the next town. He offered the barest of greetings to the newcomer and returned to the bed rolls. Scarlett, he said motioning to his sleeping bag, you can sleep in this tonight, we'll work on getting you your own gear at the next town, but in the mean time this is yours.

Confident the girl had heard him despite the fact that she was currently stuffing her face he returned to his pack and pulled out two spare blankets. He moved over to the tree that Snow was leaning against and dropped one of them next to the young woman, Here you can use this, it gets mighty cold around here at night, and you need it a lot more than I do, he said in his usual gruff tones. Wait wasn't there someone with her a moment ago?

Memory anomaly detected...

Suggest full system reboot...
Patrick looked around confused for a second, anomaly, what on earth? It took him a second to spot the hunter sitting on the bank of the river, he really needed to figure out a fix for that, maybe his computer could counter the effects of the hunters power if he gave it enough time, but right now he had a few things left to do, especially considering Keiji wasn't back yet. With a grumble that was more from his chest than his mouth he marched over to the hunter, he didn't say a word to the man, Lucas, he just placed the blanket next to the kid and walked away. The hunter probably wanted some alone time considering his world view had just been shattered.

Finally Patrick moved back to the fire and reached to grab his coffee pot, when he heard the familiar rumble of Keiji's creatures. He looked back as Keiji entered the camp site, one of his constructs carrying a girl. He was staring at his coffee pot when the kid finally took a seat beside him and gave the reason why he was late, don't worry about it kid its to late for me to be angry, the soldier said softly, but don't think I forgot about you disappearing we'll talk about that in the morning, we'll discuss your new friend in the morning and don't think I forgot about you disappearing either we're gonna have a talk about that as well. Patrick looked at the second newcomer for only a second before speaking to Keiji again, have one of your things keep an eye on her through the night, nothing to monstrous though, he ordered before grabbing the his pot from the fire and pouring himself a healthy serving of the rich black liquid.

It was then that he spotted "the bad influence" out of the corner of his eye, was she arguing with herself? With another grumble that sounded from deep in his chest he called out to the young woman, Hey loud mouth, the foods almost ready, you caught it you get first serving if you want it. He looked at the medic hopping she wasn't to put off by the idea, since it really wasn't his place to be offering food he hadn't really helped prepare in anyway.

With coffee in hand he moved back to the tree that Snow was leaning against, which was practically within arms reach of the kids bedrolls for some reason, and plopped himself down. He drank down the steaming liquid like it was a cool drink of water, then he promptly poured himself another cup and sighed feeling the tension seeping out of him. There truly was nothing better in the world than a hot cup of coffee, he thought as a wisp of a smile formed at the corners of his mouth.

Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko revior revior littleberry littleberry Spice Spice Syphe Syphe

Considering the fact that no one snapped her or the new girl, Sera thought it was a decent outcome. Kaia was the name, and judging by the reception, Sera deemed it safe to lead her to an empty spot next to the fire. "Don't go running off again, alright?"

There should be enough pieces of pheasant to go around, Sera attempted to cut them small enough so that at least everyone got a piece, or at least those around or at the fire. Now, the pig was going to be a minor problem. Fortunately, Sera had done most of the dirty work before the fire was ready, however, now she had to cut it up into relatively equal pieces for everyone. Wiping the knife on her sleeve, Sera got to slicing. She started with smaller pieces, so she could give more pieces at a time.

"Alright! Who's ready to eat!" Sera cheerfully handed the portions to everyone: a pheasant and two pieces of pig. "The veggies are on my bag just beside the fire, go grab some if you want." Starting with Snow and the bounty hunter, Sera handed them both the foods. "Ah... sorry I don't have any plates..." She gave an apologetic glance at them moving to Scarlett.

"Guess what? You get three!" Sera whispered this, subtlely handing the steaming dinner over. "And yes, that bag of jerky is all yours, though maybe you wanna save it for later. Up to you though!" Sera gave a warm smile and stroked Scarlett's cheek before going back to slice more pig.

"Hey, Jackson..." Sera kneeled next to him. "Mind using that handsome face of yours and giving some of this to that girl who caught all this for us?" Holding out in her hands were four slices of pig, two of the pheasant, and a hot potato. "Maybe she'll accept it from you, because she definitely won't... enjoy seeing me." Sera moved all the food to her one hand, grabbed Jackson's hand and placed the food in his hand, smiling softly and gazing into his eyes for just a few seconds, before getting up and distributing to the last people.

"I didn't forget about you, Kaia. Don't worry, I know you didn't want to steal from us. Unless you are a great actor," Sera chuckled lightly. "I doubt one can fake that expression though, I've seen that look plenty of times... anyway, enjoy the food, okay?" Placing some more pieces of the pig and pheasant into her hand, Sera patted Kaia's shoulders before returning to what left there was left of a pig.

Ryuji had climbed onto a rather sizable near the river. Sera noticed earlier and was slightly alarmed at the feeling she had, but the feeling was gone now. Taking the last of the pheasant and the pig (three pieces), Sera called out to Ryuji at the base of the rock. "Even boys like you need to eat. All the fuel is probably gonna go straight to that mouth of yours, anyway though." Sera tossed the food at Ryuji, high enough so that even someone with poor reaction time could easily catch. He seemed to be meditating but surely he wouldn't leave himself so vulnerable.

Taking the last slice and a potato for herself, Sera eased herself next to the river. It was nice, and she rarely ever saw one in nature before that wasn't man-made. Munching on the pig, Sera leaned back on one hand, potato in lap, and let the soothing sound of running water soothe her senses.

Tyra Tyra Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish Spice Spice Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko littleberry littleberry revior revior NyxDarling NyxDarling Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Jackson's thoughts were interrupted when Sera called to him asking to give some food to Vira before she clasped his hand and placed some of the food in it. She took an awful long time to leave as she looked into his eyes for a moment. ~Do I have something on my face I wonder?~ Jackson thought. ~Oh well, better go give Vira her food before she gets even more angry.~ Carefully clasping the food in his hand, Jackson carried the mask with him to identify himself as the man with the gas mask as he approached Vira. Soon, he got in range of her, but heard her arguing with someone it seemed. Carefully moving forward he called out softly to only her, "Hey Vira? I have complements from our medic friend who has graciously cooked us dinner." He paused before he spoke to let it sink in, "you are welcome to join us if you want to you know?"
Syphe Syphe Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Snow
(you can totally ignore the guy in the photo or assume it is the guy Snow is remembering but he is not relevant. The only relevance is her face.)

latest

Snow watched as Lucas got up surprise on her soft features quickly shadowed with a small sad gaze in her eyes. Not ever… he must have hated it as much as she thought he had. She quickly nodded, smiling through the hurt at the resentment she guessed he must feel.
“O-of cours-” He was gone. She fell silent.
Things happened around her, the valkyrie of a woman got up and talked to herself. Snow remembered calling out a be safe for some reason… a small gesture to show… well to show that even if she disagreed with the Warrior she still cared for all life in this growing group.
Sera was with the new woman and Keiji had a sleeping feminine boy in his demons hold. The screaming had terrified her, made her sit up and finally take notice… but it was over. All was silent again. “Is… is he um… she okay?” She asked Keiji frowning. Memories were fluttering across her vision as she tried to stay focused on the new comer. “She… she freaked out. And I sense very high power coming from her… him? Is that a boy or girl?” Snow was very confused and tired. She sat back down, slumping in on herself. She should really question this more but… well Lucas had made her mind go back to before. No use fighting the flashbacks. To… to him.
Snow stood on a hill top. Much younger, less scars but a tougher shell. She was bony and glared at the sight of anyone. Running into an old rubble pile she scavenged for days. Finding old food and dirty water. She did not consume either and licked her cracked and bleeding lips. Slowly her vision faded as a young boy, a couple years older than her, came sliding down the sand banks to her side. He cradled her even when her thorns exploded from her skin in her fear of a stranger. He was cut and hurt but… the Blood bond didn’t happen. He was human.

“Are you okay? Miss, miss!” Snow knew who he was. She had seen him rummaging in the same rubble patches but had avoided him. His eyes… gray and calming. He smiled and picked her up whispering into her hair as she spoke, “Name… is Snow.”
“Okay Snow, come on… we’re going home. I’ve got you now. I’ve got you.”
Present Snow stared at the fire as it danced and a tear fell from her eye. Her pale skin was covered in dried blood, crusty and brown. Her clothes were ripped and shredded since the thorns had come out of her back.
She looked at her hands. A scar. One of the few markings not made from her abnormality. It had been so long since she had thought of him. A lump in her throat made swallowing painful and the sting of salt made her wipe furiously at her her eyes. Her bottom lip trembled but she stiffened up her lips and locked her jaw as her face became emotionless. She would not break again so soon after she had emotionally yelled at these people. A blanket was dropped beside her. “Thank-” She looked up but Patrick was already moving away, “You…”.
She took it and went to wrap herself in the fabric but stopped, setting it down. She was dirty. As Patrick came back she looked at him and forced a small smile as she got up. “I’ll be right back. I… I need to clean up. I… um save a spot for me?” Her question sounded out unsure as she looked up at the soldier. She stood shakily before he could and her vision wavered but the dizziness passed. It always did.
A lone wolf cry sounded out and her eyes found Ryu. He seemed to be in his own head… she moved closer to the river but stopped. She didn’t want to be near Lucas right now… so Ryu it was. She headed over silently, stepping into the water beside his bolder as she waded in, the blood beginning to wash off.
Her sad eyes looked up at him as she continued looking up past him at the dark sky. She didn’t say anything. Snow was well aware of times where the best support was silent. Maybe he would leave… maybe he would stay. And maybe she could see him again through Ryu… when Ryu had saved her… it had been hard not to see him. But Ryu was not anything like him. Ryu was as nice as he was deadly. His power and aura scared Snow… but Ryu the man not the masked villain made her feel at ease.
Like a long lost friend.
Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish revior revior Syphe Syphe Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Tyra Tyra NyxDarling NyxDarling Spice Spice Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe

Vira

The little girl with the super-strength seemed to be quite upset at the appearance of the new.. the other new girl. She was shouting thief at her quite judgmentally. Yep, she was a thief, but then.. who here wasn't? Hell, this chick was from a gang right? Gangs were all about thieving... Stealing whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. It made her momentarily recall the past, when she was given orders to go from home to home, acting as a thug of sorts, but not your common thug. A sheep in wolf's clothing, all to take taxes for her gang. A cute little girl, wielding a deadly knife, that would gut someone who didn't adhere to the gang's policies. Just one of many 'missions' that a young Vira endured through.

That may have been many many years ago, but nothing had changed. If anything it was worse. Now they had the Big Three, who ruled New-America more or less. Faintly, Vira wondered if Scarlett even knew about them, considering her gang affiliation. Her eyes swept over the entire camp, making note of every single person there. She wondered; if any of them had connections to any of the Big Three. The one that ruled this area... She narrowed her eyes; was one she was intimately familiar with, and did not care to think about, so she pushed this train of thought away.

'Good, good. That was unhealthy. You need to think about the future, not the past...' her sister's voice calmly soothed, feeling good on Vira's... innerness, I suppose. Yet, the way in which Ellie spoke just pissed her off.

'The past is all I have,' she retorted flatly, ending the conversation. Or perhaps it was the call to her that interrupted the 'conversation'.

Vira glanced quickly over when she heard a voice call to her: the old man. Darkly, she growled instantly, "Grrr -No!!"

'But you need..-'

'NO!' Vira hissed inwardly, just as her stomach pained her to announce its hunger. It didn't growl out, but it did quake, aching for food. Which Vira promptly, and stubbornly, ignored.

Casting her gaze over, she watched as Sera began conversing with the others. That was fine. She was feeding the others.. again, fine. But it was when she called over the now-maskless man, that something stirred within Vira. She froze, watching and listening. Growing angrier and angrier. She stood there, clenching her fists til her knuckles went white. Did they not hear the denial she just gave to that old buffoon?? Clearly not, because here came over the maskless-man, carrying some morsels of the food she had hunted down.

When he came over, it was worse than she could ever imagine. She was stunned for a moment, before lashing back with 'gnashing teeth'. "What?! What did you say??! How do you know my name?!" she hissed, glaring, stepping towards him, hunched a tad in a threatening position, nails 'clawing' into a fist. She slapped the food quickly out of his hands, hearing the thumps it made on the ground. "Our medic 'friend', is a damn dumb hoe!!! I said 'NO!'," the darkhaired young woman was furious. She pointed behind her with a sharp thrust of her hand. "Give it to the bitch there," she callously hissed, pointing at the unconscious boy Vira assumed was a girl, in the arms of that weird abnormal construct. "There's a clear place food is needed! Do I look like I need any? Now stop being a damn idiot, and do something useful! Also, forget that name you said!"

She turned, folding her arms in a huff, putting her back to the others. Her voice could be heard, "Fuckin' tainted my name with your dirty breath."

Involves: Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Syphe Syphe Spice Spice NyxDarling NyxDarling Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish
Mentions (sorta): Everyone Everyone else
@whoever else is there/around :P

Last edited:
Jackson eyebrows narrowed and any kindness within his voice was very minimal as he pointed at her when he spoke. "Look, I don't know who or what the fuck caused you to act like this, but you need to stop. Everyone is trying to give you a hand here, but if all you can do is keep pushing your isolationist mantra you'll get hurt even more than you are now. It will eat you alive damn it! You cant change whatever happened in the past, all you can do is learn from it and I fucking learned that 5 damn years ago! What I went through was probably a cakewalk to what you might have gone through. Isolation fucking sucks, I've been there." Jackson then picked up the food that was cast on the ground and then walked over to the construct handing over half of the food to the construct. "Make sure she eats this, it will be good for her." As he walked by Vira again he stopped and placed the food on a nearby stump and stopping. Not even turning to look at her he spoke. "I heard your name from Yahn back at the bar. I would have jumped in sooner if it meant preventing the bar's destruction." He paused for a moment, "Eat the food or don't it's your call I'm not going to babysit you. However, if you do want to talk, give me a heads up." Jackson then walked back to the campfire.
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko NyxDarling NyxDarling Spice Spice

Vira

'That was very unkind Vira; go apologize,' softly demanded her sister, at the edge of her mind.

Oh great. He was going to give her a 'piece of his mind'. Fan-fucking-tastic!

'Vira!' called Ellie.

Exactly what she wanted! Exactly what she pined for!

'Vira! Listen to me!'

Exactly what she was hoping for!

'Vira, I said apologize!! What you-'

Not! Vira rolled her eyes, cocking her hip like the bitch she was. '-was so awful! These people -.' Giving the big man a posture reflecting that she didn't care. That she just wanted him to finish babbling. '-are very nice!' Much like when a rebellious teenager had to listen to her parents nagging. 'Vira!' He commented about her past. 'Vira!!' Then commented about his past. Trying desperately to relate to her, on any sort of 'meaningful' level. 'Vira!!' Psh, yeah right! 'Listen to me!!' Like anything he said made any sort of difference. Like it meant anything. -Not a damn thing. 'Dammit, Vira! Stop it!! You're being horrible right now! Vira!'

Ignoring her sister completely, finally Vira coldly breathed, "Are you done?" Seemingly unimpressed by what he had said to her. Even in his firm voice, it stirred nothing from the darkhaired chick, who seemed to look at him with dead, callous eyes. She watched him carry over the food to the girl held by the weird construct, instructing to feed the girl. He came back over after that, naturally.

He commented on the bar, hearing her name there. Ugh, fucking Yahn, still causing her stress, of course! The mention of the bar again made her ache inside, thinking about Vince, but she would keep up her current bitchy posture and attitude. Resentfully -especially since he mentioned 'babysitting'- she hissed, "A warning: don't stay up for it."

'Ugh, sister, sometimes you are simply the worst!!'

'You know why. Don't act surprised.'

Ellie 'sighed', ruefully admitting current defeat. Indeed she did.
Involves: Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe
Mentions (sorta): Everyone Everyone else

Scarlett O'Hare

Scarlett was so engrossed in the woman's voice and the smell of lilac that she hardly registered anything in her mind. That is until steaming hot shish kebabs were place in her hands. "Food?" She quickly looked at Sera who was already walking away. Was this all for her? Wait, Scarlett watched as Sera moved about giving everyone food, and only a small bit for herself. But Scarlett's eyes noticed the two still clumped under the tree, the pink haired girl and the boy with the wound. Were they to go without eating? Scarlett looked around before making her way over to the pair, she smiled as she offered the pheasant to the masked boy. "Eat." She handed it to him and walked back to the fire. The pork was more fatty and would likely taste bad, wild pig always did, but the pheasant should taste better. Scarlett was used to not eating much, so this feast, she wanted to dig in, but it felt too wrong. She ate a single piece of her pork before walking to the girl she'd labeled thief. This girl probably couldn't get used to the hunger of not eating, that was a sad fact so Scarlett huffed and placed two more slices with the ones she'd gotten. "Eat." She grunted before walking to the side of the bedrolls she deemed to be Patrick and Keiji's before curling up with her bag of jerky in her arms. This bag could probably get her through a week, so long as she didn't try and throw an engine or anything.

Rose Valencia

Rose tossed and turned in the middle of the night. Her mind tormenting her with the images before her. The wanted posters, the massive bounties, her home and all those humans being slaughtered while her folks could protect them. It was gruesome. She could smell burning flesh and hear the sounds of people crying in anguish. How could this happen? Rose looked about as if looking upon a dead unicorn. The sight of her town in ruins made her sick and her body felt heavy. She saw a dark figure rising up in the distance. A massive shadowy figure draped in a cloak of darkness. A horde of minions surrounding him with abnormalities flying about haphazardly. And there in his hands, were her parents. Slowly, as if to torment the girl as she realizes she herself couldn't move, this being, this Devil began to crush them. Their screams filling every fiber of her being with dread as she felt helpless to do anything.

Before this image could be burned into her mind, Rose bolted awake in a cold sweat. Her eyes scouring around her. Where was she? What was happening? Seeing the fire and the others, and the amnesiac male near her, Rose slowly remembered where she was. But that dream, the sights, the smells, all of it felt so real. Were her parents okay? If there were bounty posters for them, then they were in trouble, most likely because they wouldn't know. She had to warn them, if anything she had to get back home and tell her parents that someone knew who they were. Taking one last look at Zephyr, Rose ran over to the damn medic who should've been taking care of him. "Oi, medic. Did you forget about somebody or what?" She growled as she dropped her father's whiskey into her lap. "It's like 94% alcohol. I've already poured it on his wounds, but don't forget reapplication." Rose figured she didn't need to remind this girl of this, but with her leaving Rose wanted to at least make sure he was okay.

"Good luck with this group." She said over her shoulder as she started off into the forest. Her sights were set on one place, home. And that's all there was to it.

Ryuji Nakmoto

The feeling of being alone finally died down within Ryji's tormented mind as he finally calmed down. No memories, no killing, just easy going life. Suddenly he heard Sera talking to him he turned just in time to snatch the food in the air. His movements seemed a little bit sluggish, but he was nearly at one hundred percent. But despite having the food in front of him and the calm of his heart finally restored, Ryuji felt no hunger. He didn't want to disregard the kind gesture, but ultimately he just wasn't hungry. Seeing Hifumi again after over a year of not needing her, it hurt. It hurt a lot. It was like tearing open his chest and rubbing salt as deep into the wound he inflicted upon himself as possible. But rather than making the pain eventually go away and healing it, this salt just dug the wound deeper. Each visit became harder to bear. One of these days, Ryuji knew he wouldn't want to leave her. He'd want to stay in that temple and forget, but then, what would happen to his body?

As these terrible thoughts plagued his mind, he felt someone near him. She and he hadn't spoken in a while and it was nice to have someone so sweet near him. "Hello snowflake." He said as he took off the mask, the black and red gift filling Ryuji with both happiness and sorrow. It was a weird feeling to have because of simple mask made to protect his face and hid his cruel side. "Come to share a moonlit dinner for two?" He chuckled as he patted the boulder beside him. It wasn't his usual tone, it felt hollow, even from him. But at least it SOUNDED like him. That was a good start. "I just can never resist a beauty, even the moon enraptures me with her charm." He continued to play the joke on as he looked at his food with emptiness in his eyes. He didn't want to talk about what he just did. He just wanted to forget.

Syphe Syphe BlackJack BlackJack Tyra Tyra littleberry littleberry Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish & anyone else.

Keiji, with a nod, turned and was about to dismiss Erlon when he saw burns searing deep into his skin. Peering into it, he realized it was the black stuff that had come from the one in his arms. Surprisingly, the liquid did not hurt the person as it did with Erlon, only staining their hands and face. That's when he realized that he couldn't dismiss Erlon until after he pick down their mysterious companion. God how could I be so stupid? He was about instruct Erlon to put the abnorm when Snow came up to him, asking about their new member to the band of random people found wherever. "I don't know. I'm only twelve and not a doctor of sorts." He said, answering her first question. Then she spoke about the power that she felt from the one draped across Erlon's arms and finally asked about their gender. "I still don't know, and I find it inappropriate to check so it'll be a mystery until they wake up."

After that Snow left, only to be replaced by a male that Keiji did not remember, until he looked at his clothes and realized it was Jackson. He had given food to Erlon, telling him to make sure that the one in his arms ate it. With the food now on their mystery abnorm, Erlon looked at Keiji with a very puzzled look on his face. "Don't worry about it." Keiji said to him as he took the food off. "All I need for you to do is place them down on a comfortable spot in this area." Erlon understood this command much better as he was able to find one close to the fire and put down the abnorm. "Thank you, now I'll see what I can do about your burns in bit, okay." Erlon blinked once in understanding and Keiji reverted him back to paper. The picture of Erlon was faded a bit, so he'd just need to redraw over the lines.

For now, however, Keiji put him away. He needed a creature to watch over the group's 14th member, one that wasn't monstrous. It took a bit longer to find the right one since the sectioned into their strengths, not their appearance. Finally he found one under the guard section and summoned it after giving up some DNA. This one was only half his height while also being bipedal. It was one of his earliest sketches. It's body was black and she had a tail that dragged on the ground. Her eyes were small and white, and she had the tendency to stick out her small pink tongue. Her name was Diance. Despite her small stature, Diance was really loud. If her anyone around her were to become violent, she would began a loud, siren like noise to alert others. Keiji slowly handed her the food then pointed at her new charge. "I want you to watch this one. If they wake up, feed them this food. If they start getting all rough, well, you know what to do." Diance gave squeak in assurance and stood watch.

Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish NyxDarling NyxDarling Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe littleberry littleberry @Others

cute_monster_by_lethargiceye.jpg

Kore Dair
Finishing half of what she had scavenged, Kore put the rest aside for breakfast. It was late now, and usually she would already be asleep at this time, and she felt blissful unconsciousness calling her. But, she resisted, and listened in on the group, which only seemed to get bigger and bigger.
So... Her name is Vira, is it? She was glad she had stayed awake, and observed.
Synopsis; 2 new people, Madame's name is Vira, Jackson is actually good looking, and... Well, I don't know what to think about Ryuji... He confused her, and she had no idea what his motives were.
One minute he's being all nice and supportive, the next he's flirting with every female in a mile radius... Deciding it was best not to dwell on him too much, and from what she saw, he seemed to be pretty focused on Snow. She was very pretty, and kind, and... Well, had so many more good qualities that Kore herself didn't even hope to posses.
She moved on quickly, shaking her head as she was lowered slowly to the ground, and walked with a slight limp a little deeper into the woods, and going around the camp in a wide arc, as she came out of the forest next to the river, further upstream to the camp, and wandered up the bank a little bit, before stopping, and kneeling down next to the rushing water, stretching her arms down and washing her face in the nice, cool water. She was very warm, almost too warm in her coat. Usually once she was in the forest, she would take off her coat and her thin jumper if it was really warm, but... She was still around people, and the stunned silence of earlier, even though she had expected and counted on it - it had wounded her. So, despite the muggy heat, she kept on her layers, and stood from her place next to the river, looking down at the camp, able to see it clearly with no obstructions, even if they were quite far away.
She turned, and walked slowly and carefully back into the wood, returning to her tree. And, once she was safely back on her comfortable branch-hammock, she unzipped her coat, lying down, curling up and pulling it over her like a duvet. Closing her eyes, she drifted quietly in a half-conscious, and very light sleep.

Snow
GRuB8nXJsocgl6XTZZuT-Q4ol0w.gif

Snow smiled as he used her nickname. “Hi Ryu.” She said softly, her neck and cheeks flushing as he continued his flirting. She knew what it was supposed to sound like when he teased her… but Snow had just had dark thoughts and memories herself. Not everyone was as strong as Rose or Kore to share their pasts. Snow hid hers like a coward, refusing to even think of it.

“D-dinner sound nice. B-but I’m a little under dressed...” She said, biting her lip at her state. Her hair was wet now and her face was clean but her clothes were soaked and ripped. They were stained and raggedy and well… Snow was embarrassed of how much fuss she had caused earlier. She made her way out of the water and climbed on the boulder, huffing out of her cheeks as she used her limited upper body strength. With a great sigh she sat down beside him and looked up.

“Ryu… I’m s-sorry. For the fuss. I know you probably don’t want to t-talk about wh-whatever it was you just were doing…” She looked at him with her rose eyes and smiled sadly. “So we don’t have too. I… I um just… I went through some things too just now I don’t want to talk about so… so the playful teasing is n-nice. I feel like… like I haven’t just… been around you enough. And I came with this group k-kind of for y-you.”

She looked down and drew her knees up to her chest, leaning forward on them as she yawned, dark circles under her big eyes. Her skin in the night almost glowed with how pale it was. She was a girl void of color it seemed except for her eyes.

“The p-point is… just sitting… n-no talking… it’s fine. I’ll enjoy it."

-= KAIA WINTERS =-

As Sera began to dive into divvying up the roasted fresh kill, Kaia’s mind was jerked back to the present matter at hand and she clutched the front of her cloak just a bit tighter in response to the ever-worsening hunger pains. At least that had been one perk of being a personal slave to the slave trade’s leader…she never went hungry. Pleasure slaves had to keep up an almost perfect appearance at all times, which means they had to maintain a specific weight and thus were fed accordingly. Freedom costs a lot… she thought silently to herself.

Suddenly, a shiver ran down Kaia’s spine as she was immediately aware of an intense pair of eyes burning into her skull. A smaller statured girl, at least a good foot shorter than her, with the most stone-cold serious face she’d ever seen glared at her with such ferocity that Kaia shifted her weight between her feet once more anxiously. She can’t be more than…what…14 years old?? she thought in disbelief, yet for some reason she seemed like one of the greatest threats here to Kaia’s safety, And is she…is she hissing…at me? She swallowed the lump in her throat and avoided any further eye contact for the time being.

A low grunt of a greeting caught Kaia’s ears, and she looked to the older man with a kettle at the fire. His age stood out from the rest of the group. He certainly wasn’t a young’un like the rest of them. She wondered what sort of things he may have seen..if he was old enough, he may have even lived through the war. Kaia’s lips parted slightly in astonishment, but she quickly shook her head and cleared her throat softly as Sera once more led by the arm, this time to an empty seat close to the campfire. Kaia wrapped the cloth around her arms and shoulder a bit tighter to strengthen her barrier against the heat of the orange flames. “Alright! Who’s ready to eat!” The sight of the fresh cuts of roast instantly made Kaia’s mouth water once more, this time with ferocity. Her violet eyes were locked on the food as the other girl ran about, cheerfully distributing the nutrients to the other party members first. When the dark-haired girl threw a fit at the offering of food, Kaia wrinkled her nose in disgust and rolled her eyes. Don’t get her wrong, she could be stubborn as all get out too, but the one thing her parents had stressed growing up was to watch her tongue. Her father had taught her how to think before leaping into action and how to choose her words carefully. Though she couldn’t help admitting a certain word came to mind watching the spectacle between her and the guy offering her Sera’s food to describe the girl. Not that she’d ever say it, of course. She was in enough hot water already.

Kaia’s wandering eyes quickly found a new target, a young man sitting atop good-sized boulder near the river. He appeared to be…meditating? Tilting her head in slight confusion, she watched him for several moments, before another chill raced down her spine at the sudden eerie how that echoed from his lips into the night. Kaia’s lips pursed once more. What kind of group did she really get herself involved with…? Sera proceeded to interrupt his meditation by tossing him his share of food, which at that point he seemed more…normal. And even a moment further, the almost white-haired girl caught his eye and he rattled off a few cheesy pickup lines, causing Kaia to roll her eyes and click her tongue in repulsion. “Nevermind, he’s a typical guy afterall,” she muttered under her breath.

Just when she thought maybe Sera had changed her mind about feeding her, the peppy female told her not to fret and chatted to her about understanding Kaia’s position before placing a few pieces of pork and pheasant into her palms. “T-thank you….” Kaia responded softly, bowing her head as she knew she didn’t deserve to eat these peoples’ food after what she’d just done. Raising the food beneath her nose, she took a deep whiff, just to make sure she couldn’t detect any hints of drugs. Bounty Hunters had tried that before, and while she couldn’t detect all of them, there were a few obvious ones she could avoid if she checked. Finding no trace of any of them, the blue-haired girl scurried off away from the fire more towards the river, though taking care to keep within Sera’s sight to avoid getting chased again. As she passed by the giant boulder where the blonde and the red head were now conversing, her deep violet irises caught the red-head’s. Ever since she was a little girl, Kaia had always had the sort of eyes that seemed to peer deep into your soul and unveil every secret you’ve ever kept against your will. If eyes were windows to the soul, Kaia’s most certainly were. They were intelligent and logical, yet a sort of compassion was deep within them behind a wall of fear and distrust if you looked hard enough. They glimmered in the moonlight, reflecting the silver crescent that filled the black sky with its subtle glow. Then just like that, they were gone as Kaia refocused on where she was headed, carefully choosing her own spot on the riverbank to eat in peace.

Eat and run. That’s the plan. As soon as everyone’s asleep, I’ll be on my way, Kaia mentally prepared herself. They seemed like a nice bunch and all, but the female abnorm had only one rule. Trust no one. Just as she was about to dig in to her meal, two more slices of meat suddenly plopped into her hands and she looked up, only to be face to face with the little terror who had been glaring so ferociously at her earlier. “Eat,” she grunted and with that, she went back to the campsite, leaving Kaia with a slack jaw and the most stupid look of confusion upon her gentle face. That stubborn smile of hers returned, curving one side of her lips upward ever so slightly. Maybe…it wouldn’t be so bad…if she stayed the night. She desperately needed sleep…and it’d only be one night. Just one…

Ryuji Nakamoto

Ryuji chuckled to himself as Snow went along with his flirt. This was the first time anyone in the group had done this. Either snow was finally warming up to him or she'd gone crazy from blood loss. "Thank you for not asking." He spoke softly as he stared at the water. "Sometimes, even us men have weakness or memories too painful to bear to others." Ryu smiled and pet Rose's head with a smile as she mentioned joining the group for him. "Nonsense. I pushed you into this group, mostly because with your ability I figured hunters would assume you had something to do with that bar exploding." He smiled softly before taking his hand back. "I saw what you were doing in that town, saving someone completely unrelated to you. I couldn't just let the WG destroy what little kindness this fucked up world has left." He smiled as she mentioned sitting in silence being okay. That meant there'd be no mentioning.....her.

Suddenly his eyes caught sight of a new woman among the group. Her violet hues seemed to scream of distrust and strong determination. And in a moment the link was severed. Link? No. Lilac over there just gave me the "stay away" look. I've seen that before. Ryuji turned to Snow. "We have a new flower in the garden. Who's Lilac?" Ryuji pointed to the girl just as Scarlett offered her food. "Even the Cherry Blossom has taken some level of kindness since becoming one with us. Though I doubt it's any influence of mine." Ryuji looked to Snow once more before hopping off the boulder. "I'll be back, the gauntness of her face tells me she's hungry." His words held his serious tone from when he'd wear his mask. Ryuji was at that point where he was both "him's" at one time. It would be like this for a bit.

As he approached the blue haired girl, Ryuji put on a warm smile and looked towards her eyes. "Hello Lilac." He chimed in before holding out both shish kebabs. "Pick whichever you'd like. I'm not hungry." Ryuji waited til she chose before turning around. "I can tell you don't trust me, but know this. I'm a harmless flirt." He spoke so that only his lilac could hear him. "I'm not one to be a true romantic nor will I ever force myself onto a girl. So you don't have to be so guarded with me." Turning around he called over his shoulder. "Also, sorry for interrupting your dinner, I hope you can still enjoy it." With that he returned to Snow and smiled at her.

"Sorry. I wasn't going to eat tonight. My stomach's a bit unsettled." Plucking a piece of food from the kebab he looked to snow. "And you need to eat after losing all that blood so say ahhhhh." He moved the piece of meat to her mouth and popped the food inside. There was still a piece or two left so he repeated the process. "Alright Snow, you've eaten. And you got fed by your savior." Ryuji laughed at the stupidity of his statement. "Don't you think it's time to get some rest?" He patted her head and pointed towards the fire where Scarett had already curled up. Ryuji would sleep in the tree where he'd gazed at the stars. That was as close to "home" as he could get.

Tyra Tyra littleberry littleberry & anyone else.

Snow
tumblr_n9yvudTWIx1t6n1tzo2_250.gif

“I u-understand.” Her eyes followed him as he reached to pet her head, her hair almost silver under the moonlight. She allowed her eyes to close and leaned into him to bump her shoulder against him once before sitting right again. “You saw hmm… I just… I-I don’t like to see life being ended. But I know that it is n-needed sometimes.”
The words were soft and flustered. Embarrassment filled her as he let her know he had seen her stupidly trying to be a hero when she obviously was not one. She looked over at the new girl as Ryu mentioned her.
“She tried to steal our food. Sera took her in.” A laugh escaped her as Ryu called her a new flower in a garden. Snow was no flower. She was a bunch of thorns. A weed. Growing only by the strength of others. She looked down and began to scooch off the bolder, tired and wary. Her eyes were outlines with dark circles and her skin was pale and clammy from lack of blood.

But he came back.

She paused and blushed as he fed her and she ate the food slowly, smiling a bit at his kindness.
“Y-ou are too much sometimes Ryu with your jokes…” Snow whispered to her savior.

“It is time I sleep… I um… again… I’m sorry. I’m sorry you suddenly felt like you needed to be responsible for me. I-I’m sorry that I am scared of that masked self… and I’m sorry I picked a fight with Kore… She… she seems so much stronger than myself. And more kind than I had judged. I s-should have not been… been so troublesome. I am glad I met you Ryu. I… I h-hope I can be your friend… not just...just a responsibility.”
She looked at him and smiled once before hoping off the bolder and going over to her blanket and spot at the fire beside Keiji and Scarlet and Sera and Patrick.

The ground was warm as she curled up into a small ball and slept, letting her blood song weakly sing her to sleep, knowing it would be gone by the morning.
Kiroshiven Kiroshiven @anyoneelse

-= KAIA WINTERS =-

Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Syphe Syphe Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko @AnyoneElseRevelant

Finally left alone for a few moments, Kaia cautiously took a single, hesitant bite of the pheasant. The roast bird practically seemed to melt in her mouth and instantly, her expression turned to one of pure bliss. Heaven… She then proceeded to wolf down the rest of her pieces, though in a manner that was more graceful than not. For the first time in two days, her stomach wasn’t plagued by pain and the slight tremble she still had in her hands from her earlier panic subsided. Within seconds, she’d finished off the meat, which then she turned to the cooked veggies and devoured those as well.

Hearing the crunch of boots on sand, Kaia sat up straight, but she had a good feeling who it was, so she continued looking forward at the bubbling current of the river, all other senses alert. “Hello, Lilac.” Bingo. Running her slender fingers through a lock of hair, so as to ensure the back of her neck remained hidden, she calmly turned her gaze to the red-head standing over her with the same calculated look as before. “That’s a new one,” she quipped referring to her newfound nickname. “Pick whichever you’d like. I’m not hungry.” At this statement, a slight glint of amusement accompanied the seriousness. She waited a few moments before responding. Her voice was soft and gentle, though not without a firm undertone, “I highly doubt that…but if you insist.” Selecting one in a cautious manner, she delicately pried one of the meat pieces from the stake and ate it, genuinely curious as to what he would say next. His response, however, caught her a bit off guard, and she raised an eyebrow at him inquisitively. His voice was low so as to be heard only to her as he explained the truth of his nature. Listening intently, she rolled the shish kebab stake between her fingers, taking this time to study his features a bit more in the moonlight. Again, she took her time in answering, mulling over what she would say in her mind first. Heh, sorry to break it to ya, but just because you say that doesn’t mean I believe it… she mused inwardly, but she chose to keep these thoughts to herself for now. “Well at least you’re honest. Haven’t met too many men who like to admit that sort of thing,” she jested back lightly. When he called to her over his shoulder as he walked away, she rolled her eyes once more. Nonetheless, she called back quietly, “No guarantees, but I think I’ll manage just fine.” Shaking her head, Kaia returned to the addition to her meal and finished it off ravenously.

At this point, the blue-haired female could barely keep her eyes open. Try as she might, her eyelids continue to flutter closed no matter what she did. Finally giving in to her fatigue, she slid over from the sand into a semi-soft patch of grass, pulling her hood up over her face and curling up as much as possible. This spot was nice. She could hear the soothing voice of the river beside her and the fire wasn’t close enough to cause her any discomfort. In fact, she welcomed the cool night air. Before she knew it, her world had gone dark and her chest silently rose and fell as she succumbed to slumber.

Vira

It seemed to take ages, for them all to finally lay down and close their eyes. Boy, they were all so trusting. It made Vira sick to the pained stomach possessed. She felt the urge to do something quite nasty indeed; just to teach them all a harsh lesson in trust. But even without Ellie's cursed morality getting in the way, she decided against it. Simply because it would've been far too much work, for very little payoff on Vira's end. Sure, she may have felt slightly satisfied, but eh, whatever.

From her space up against a tree, she had pretended to be fast asleep long before the final pair of eyes closed. God, you'd think they would all be quite exhausted, and readily need sleep. Again, whatever. "Ugh, finally," she groaned out, moving and standing up. Just as she stood up, finally her stomach released a growl of pained hunger. She had been fighting it this entire time, but it seemed she couldn't fight it any longer. What great timing. Glancing around in the dim light of the moon up above, glittering through the forest's canopy, and the slight smolders of the near-dead fire, she saw no real movement.

Vira drew in a breath and calmly made her way across the clearing as soft as she could. Kneeling at the fire, she sought any remaining scraps of food. "Damn, these bitches were starving," she whispered in slight agitation, while seeing most of everything was devoured. She whipped out her knife, and took the pig, cutting into it, managing to pull off a few morsels of meat. She quickly snapped them up into her jaws and swallowed. She was still hungry, but at least it was something. "Good enough," she said to no one, 'filling' her belly. With that done, she made her way back over to her tree, promptly sat down, and trusted herself, falling fast asleep.

'Vira... Vira... Viraaaaa..! ... Vira!'

A familiar voice.. Ellie? 'Ellie?' The darkhaired chick shifted back and forth where she lay, leaning up against the tree, sweating profusely. In her mind. It was nothing but encroaching darkness, yet a girl was running. Her feet pounded the darkness underneath, clearly running on some sort of surface that she couldn't even see. Somehow there was light enough in this overwhelming darkness for her to 'see' where she was going. 'Viii~iira,' the voice sounded again, chiming all around her, yet she continued to run forward. Whatever 'forward' was. 'Ellie?!'

'Vira!' it answered sharply.

'Ellie?! Where? Where are you?? Ellie!' She called out into the darkness, continuing to sprint forward, panting with the effort. 'I.. I can't.. I can't see anything..! Help m.. -Ellie!' Suddenly in the distance she spotted a person, standing as a near-silhouette amidst the darkness. 'Ellie? ELLIE!' She called feet pounding hard on the... the 'ground'. It didn't seem to help though, the figure in the distance did not appear to draw any nearer. Was she moving? E-er him? It? No.. I-it looked static. 'ELLIE!' she called again. 'Please Ellie! Help me! ELLIE!' Vira was sounding desperate now. Her sides were burning, unable to run anymore, and yet, she continued. If it was her sister... If it was her, she had.. she had to catch up to her! She had to!

Within the next moment, the figure was right in front of her. So she stopped, asking out 'Ellie..?!' Vira gasped in sudden fright, as she was utterly spooked, forced to recoil. Flames erupted around the figure, and within their light.. she could see. See who it was.. Standing in the middle of a burning, crumbling building, flames licking at this figure from all sides.

It was.. a person with a hood; who turned to face Vira standing there. Beneath the hood glowed bright silver eyes. The gleamed dangerously, yet... Yet Vira felt nothing? Was.. was her power not working?

Th-this person..? It.. it -it wasn't Ellie? 'El-Ellie..? I-if not.. then who?'

'Vira!' a sharp voice hissed her name.

In tandem, the person reached towards her, then Vira suddenly woke with a start. She jolted awake, sweat rolling down her face, arms, and other places. She found herself panting hard as if she really had been running. Blinking against the bright of day, a confused Vira realized.. "A.. a dream.. That's all.. it was. Heh.."

Little did she know, she had actually said 'Ellie' aloud a few times.. Blinking sleep away, Vira noticed people were already up, and the camp was 'lively'. Shockingly, Vira had overslept. She had wanted to get up at the crack of dawn. In which she would gather the meager things she had, and leave long before anyone else awoke. Yet the sun was up, and it was as bright as day under the canopy. Patches of blue could be seen through the trees above. "Tch, dammit!" Vira hissed to herself. 'Curses!' She had wanted to be long gone... Not leaving with this infernal group!

Getting up, she quickly got herself prepared to leave, hoping no one around would really care if she slipped away before the entirety of the camp was ready to leave 'together'. -Ugh, ick. "Goddammit," she cursed again, pissed at herself for oversleeping. She was just complaining about them being too trusting last night, and yet she had slept passed people waking! How trusting was she? Damn.
Involves:
Mentions (sorta):

Nyu Omenia
(Waiting)
(Players)
Nyu%20Symbol_zpslc7g75t7.png
"Are your eyes on me ny'ow?"
custom_outfit_commission_56_by_epic_soldier-dbehlkg_zpsm4jccxft.png
"I said get back here dammit!"

People like to say this world is screwed up, whether it's thanks to the 'glorious world government' or the 'bastard Abnorms' running the place into muck. It's actually kind of funny, all things considered. If things were so great in the ol' days, why did they run off and ruin it in the first place? They just need to loosen up a bit, and maybe the situation wouldn't look that terrible. This world is actually a pretty fun place whenever you can get into the swing of things.

"I'll have your bloody hands hanging from my stall, I swear I will!"

That guy, for example! You know, the one screaming back there, fist waving when he might keel over any moment. Day after day, he puts produce on display for all to see. That's how he 'lives'. Isn't that kind of boring? Maybe he is actually doing it on purpose, trying to lure in the thieves, because he actually likes partaking in the chase as well? Ya, that's probably it. Just look at him now, running to his heart's content whilst screaming out whatever he could possibly want without a care in the world. She really couldn't help but wave to the guy, trying to encourage him to keep it up.

"Even if it's over your dead body!"

See, he totally get's it. This world is like a game, really. So long as Nyu can run whenever, and eat whatever, whose to honestly say otherwise? "You're not looking too well back there! Want me to slow down ny'ow?" It was a playful tone, wanting to urge the man to push harder. After all, the game only just started! "Screw you Abnorm bastards!" Really, it's hard to take him seriously when the purple haired girl let's out the giggle of a hyena. Or perhaps it's better to relate it to a clicking hiss? Either way, the girl was too amused by his response.

Alas, this is a chase that would have to end early. As this was supposed to be a way to simply pass the time. After all, the real fun begins when another is added to the equation. Yes, so long as her childhood partner is around, there will always be a main course to look forward to! And it's not like these appetizers were difficult to let go. Just with a quick glance, even she could spot a couple of crates stacked alongside a building. Thank you, weekly suppliers! After that, it's just a couple of easy jumps, annnd then you are on the roof! But Nyu, she likes taking a moment to look back on her playmates, giving that classic smile of hers with an innocent wave. People really have a hard time climbing things, it's funny, really. They just aren't used to running..

But you see, things aren't always about running. Sometimes, it's the calm moments that have their own gentle sweetness. Nyu is the type to do things that look fun, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's the sole reason she does things. It's just a matter of slowing down, and changing perspective.

From below, Nyu's head would peak over the ledge of the building. Only to allow a sharp whistle to escape her lips, signaling the depraved children below, so they could be greeted by her warm smile upon looking up. This, was the reason that she took the man's cabbages, the produce he desired to sell. For something like the joy expressed on their faces, she would hold it out above their heads with this silly look of triumph and self appreciation. And then her clutch on the goods would be released, and she could watch them sway back and forth in attempt to catch it. But, this wasn't one of those moments that could be appreciated for long. After all, the chase isn't necessarily over just because she broke away once.

Before the 'package' could even meet their hands, she broke away. Across the rooftops, she showed prowess in both flexibility and balance. Even when it came to leaving the 'tops to meet the streets once more, her momentum never broke. That's the charm in her style of running. She finds the line between position and destination, and follows it to the best of her capabilities. Grinning like mad at every little obstacle she is forced to traverse, movement really as such a blessing. People, in this day and age, seem to just kind of lose track of such a simple thing.

What happens when the chase ends? Well, the answer is always the same.

" Men'ya... Mewnag... Manyagyara.. " It's a tongue twister, it really is. And this one was thanks to none other than Bryce. And just like any other time the two were separated, her general posture never really changed. She was sitting atop the tallest thing she could find, playfully kicking her feet as they dangled off it's edge. After awhile she would shake her head, cleansing herself of the jumbled speech, " 'Yaa, Bryce why did you have to pick such a stupid name? " It was troubling, sure, but at the same time she enjoyed it. She was aware that he chose it to throw her off, whilst teasing her because of her speech habits. It was a cute attempt, but she would turn it against him one of these days. Just imagining him in anguish when she can properly pronounce it, that was enough to keep her happily practicing.

Kore Dair
As per usual, Kore was up as the dawn broke, bleary eyed in the dew of morning. She wiggled her way out of the knotted ball she had managed to twist herself into during her sleep. Sleep, for her, was a sweet release, as she never had nightmares, only peaceful dreams or just blissful nothing.
Sitting up, she rubbed her eyes, and sat up, putting her coat to one side as she stretched, aching a little, and just listened to the sounds of morning for a few minutes, before she finished off what she had scavenged the night before for breakfast, but decided to keep a small amount of the puffball, and a wild carrot. It wasn't much, but if she got peckish on the journey, then she would at lest have something.
Pocketing her leftovers in her coat, she wrapped it around her waist, no one else seemed to be up anyway, and descended from the tree, patting it's trunk in thanks and reverting the branches back to how they had been before she changed them the night before.
As her coat was around her waist, and the jumper she wore was a little too small, some of her scars were visible, around her neck, chest and wrists - but once the others started waking she would put her coat back on.
So as not to wake people, she followed the arc she had made the night before, and arrived at the riverbank further upstream, and sat with her legs crossed, looking out over the river and sunrise. It was peaceful, and nice.
Looking back at the camp, she softly outstretched an arm, a few of the trees near the camp rustled softly, and very quietly, in a line up to where she was. A branch extended towards her, and she took from it her bag of grains, with a grunt of effort she took it from the branch and placed it next to her. She had let the ivy protecting her form fall away when she had made her cocoon the evening before, and would have to remake the cage around her body. Today would be more difficult, she noted as she lifted her jumper, seeing the ugly bruise that showed through under her many scars on her hips, and she felt another developing on her thigh. She sighed, the ivy cage needed to carry her bag of grains easily would dig into her bruises, but without it she would most certainly be much slower, and would still be sore.
Deciding she would make a decision on what to do later, once the rest were at least awake, she stayed sitting there, peaceful and relaxed as she looked over the river - away from the rest of the people, and would stay that way until she was disturbed.

Scarlett O'Hare

Mutt. The word blared in Scarlett's head as she dreamed, for every good sweet dream another dark nightmare passed her by. Worthless scum. Useless. Not even fit to breathe air. The insults continued to torment the poor girl as she dug her fingers into the dirt in her sleep. Just go die in a hole you pathetic bitch! The last words startled her enough that she leapt into the air using her inhuman strength. Seeing the forest from above was something else though. She could look out and see the next town and just how vast the forest was. Never getting to experience such a sight, Scarlett wished that her abnormality had been flight. It would've made her much more useful and happy. But alas, happiness is fleeting and as gravity took over, Scarlett had to prepare herself for impact. It wasn't like she wasn't used to these kind of landings, but she doubted many others would sleep through her alarming wake up, if they were already awake with the sun already shining above the horizon line. Landing with a solid impact and a massive dust cloud, Scarlett looked about at her companions. "Sorry." She muttered as the dirt had blown about everywhere. Stretching out with a yawn, Scarlett began to look around for her jerky. It would've likely been blown somewhere by her landing.

Ryuji Nakamoto

Ryu had gotten the bare minimum of sleep he needed, two hours. The rest he spent in a zen-like meditation and recovered that way. It was a habit of training so that he could never be surprised. Although it wasn't nearly as "restful" as sleep, he was able to keep himself alert to his surroundings and when dawn came, his eyes fluttered open. He felt at peace and couldn't help but to grin and dive into the river. His clothes would dry in the heat of the day and he was used to carrying more than what he currently had. "Ah, nothing beats a refreshing morning dip." Stepping out onto the shore after thoroughly scrubbing himself, Ryuji watched as the girl with strength leapt into the sky. "Nope." He spoke calmly and walked right back into the river. Her landing would likely be something he wanted NOTHING to do with. And in fact he was right. When he finally climbed back to the shore, the girl had kicked up a cloud of dirt, sand, and dust that had blanketed the campground. "Well, that's one way to wake everybody up." He chuckled as he walked along the river, following its current towards wherever. He'd be back shortly, but he felt the need to explore more and not get involved with the group so early in the morning.

Morgan Llewellyn

After kicking everyone out of the bar that night, Morgan had untapped, changed and went to bed on a couch on the second floor of Tanya's bar. However, the minute the sun shone through a window, she was up and moving. "Sleep is for the weak." She muttered as she stifled a yawn and stretched. Maybe five hours was all she got for sleep, but she was used to less by now. Looking at herself in the mirror, Morgan couldn't help but feel infuriated with her appearance. Her womanly curves were predominant because of her tank top and undergarments. "Well, shower time." She muttered as she went to the makeshift basin that the pair used for bathing. Washing away the sweat from a hot summer's night, Morgan climbed out and dried off with one of the countless towels that were strewn about the place. With several hours before she needed to head down or go do anything, Morgan picked up the gift Tanya had gotten her.

It was a long flowing lavender skirt. Something she'd occasionally eyed while shopping with Tanya. "She didn't have to do that." She muttered as she slid on the skirt, but now there was still a problem. She was wearing a tank top that didn't match and her normal clothes would look odd with a long skirt. "I guess I should borrow some of Tanya's clothes." She chuckled as she walked into the sleeping girl's room and grabbed one of her flowing garbs. "How does she wear this stuff every day?" Morgan grumbled as she slid on the top that although flowy, still showed off her curves and decent female aspects. Taking a look at herself in the mirror, Morgan imagined what she'd look like with long flowing hair, the one black streak framing her face. She could see it at that moment. She wanted it. And a feeling of emptiness started to fill her.

"YOU LOOK AMAZING!" Cried the bartender as she looked at Morgan. "Seriously, dress like this more often. You would turn heads everywhere you went!" Tanya quickly jumped out of her bed, still in her jammies, and circled Morgan like a hawk. "Just grow out your hair and you'd be a fricken great attraction for the bar." Tanya could see the coin flowing into her pocket already.

"So now I'm just your cash grab huh?"

"With the amount you drink? Yes!" Tanya glared at Morgan before the both started to laugh. This was their friendship, something that Morgan had long since given up on, until recently. "So, you like the skirt and that top huh? Keep 'em. When you meet a guy that you like, you can use it to seduce him."

"S-s-s-s-seduce?!" Morgan's face turned pink as she could hardly imagine doing such a thing. She was trying to be a boy, not a girl. "No no no no no no no." Morgan crossd her arms in a dramatic fashion. "There's no chance of me s-se-seducing anyone. I'm no girl." Morgan quickly took off the top and skirt, sliding back on her usual clothing. "I'm a boy. And I don't need anyone to tie me down." She said with an extra amount of force. "Besides, I couldn't even kiss someone without possibly killing whomever it was." She muttered softly as she looked at the skirt and top in her arms. She wanted to keep them but she'd never wear them.

"I told you they're yours. Keep 'em." Tanya smiled as she held up the roll of tape. "Also, you forgot this." Tanya giggled mischievously while Morgan groaned, stripped, had Tanya tape down her chest and then slip back on her clothes. "That's better, I guess." Tanya sighed as she hugged the girl avoiding contact with Morgan's skin. "You'll meet somebody, someday. I know it."

"Sure. He'll come storming into town surrounded by heroes of the apocalypse and an army of trees. He'll have a beautiful face and sweep me off my feet and take me away from the war and gangs and we'll live happily ever after. Right?"
Morgan raised her eyebrow as her irritation with Tanya's forceful antics about being more "feminine" drove her mad. "Let's just get this place ready to open. A lot of people like to drink in the morning. Especially those hunters. And I don't want to have to risk them touching me because they didn't get their fix right at our opening hour."

@Everybodyinthecamp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back