• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Dark World (rp)

Keiji watched the figure, slumped against the tree, showing no signs of any knowledge that he was there. However, their glowing chest became so bright that it was unbearable to stay facing in that direction. Even then, he could feel the heat generated by the light, but it was soon gone, the light disappearing, too. He looked back and realized the one in front of him had started to shiver while twisting and turning in their sleep, obviously cold. He didn't understand it though, as the area they were in was pretty warm. He felt he was going to regret this...

"Can't just leave them here." He muttered, pulling out his book. He couldn't carry her, and Bruno would probably impale her. Finding one based more so on strength, he added his DNA and summoned it, naming it Erlon. He was a bipedal beast, with an appearance similar to the old representation of a demon. He was red, with black horns and a long tail. It his strength was obvious with powerful looking arms and legs, yet he showed no malice. Keiji looked up at him while pointing to the figure laying at the bottom of the tree. "I want you to carry her and follow me and Bruno." Erlon replied with a nod but seemed a bit confused. Nevertheless he picked her, or at least was getting ready to when she suddenly woke up.

"Erlon, move back for now." Keiji said, and Erlon took a step so that he stood behind his creator. Keiji watched them for a moment, replying with "Hey" in response to their hello. Suddenly, he heard Patrick's bird call and knew he was supposed to leave. He couldn't just leave her though. He opened up his bag as the person started crawling away. Keiji scribbled down a quick note and stuck it on one of Bruno's spear like hands. "You remember Patrick, right?" A rumble resonated within Bruno. "Okay good. I want you to take this to him and once he's done reading it, come back here, okay?" Bruno rumbled again and took off, quickly stomping back to camp.

Keiji stayed with Erlon and the girl. He looked at her but didn't run after her. "Why are you running?" He sounded positively curious and naive, one of the better ways to show that he wasn't violent. Back at the camp, a large beast walked through the trees and headed straight up to Patrick, careful not to step on anyone or anything. Once close enough to Patrick, he lifted his left arm so he could see Keiji's note:

Patrick,
Sorry I didn't come back like I'm supposed to. I've found someone and I'm still with them. I'm safe, too, so don't worry. If you want to find me, just follow Bruno.
Keiji
With his letter delivered and fully read, Bruno began stomping back to where Keiji was.

NyxDarling NyxDarling Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish @TheRest

f42792bc42fc350e63131b19b35fea10.jpg

Kore Dair
Kore was unsure of whether Ryuji was flirting with her, or trying to make her feel better. She decided it was probably a bit of both.
His words did make her feel better, and it was nice to have a meaningful(ish) conversation with a human, a person like her. It was a sensation she had never really felt before.
"Well... It is a nice sentiment. Especially considering Nightshade is sweet to the taste.", she looked up at the stars, like he told her to. But snickered quietly at his odd remark, before becoming serious again.
"Well, there isn't much to tell. I have no memories before the age of 6, there's just... nothing. So I cannot remember anything about my scars. Of course, some were dealt to me after, but...", she trailed off, still rubbing the scar on her wrist.
"I both wish for, and dread getting my memories back... Remembering something so horrible is bound to warp someones mind, and even without my memories, I still retain that... Side of myself.", she was hesitant, but it felt nice to confide in another.
Her nose crinkled as she noticed the smell of death filled her nostrils, choking her. She clapped both hands over her mouth and face, a disgusted expression crinkling her scar as she gagged. "Ugh...", she groaned, feeling like she was going to be sick.
Sure enough, as she looked down below, the innocent carcasses of animals lay cooking on the fire. Her face turned pale, and she looked like she was about ready to either pass out or throw up.
Kore had always been badly affected by the killing of animals and consumption of meat - the last time she had killed an animal, she had cried for days and almost made herself sick. She had planned on foraging enough food for all - there was enough food in the forest to feed these people for months, without the need for any killing. People? They generally deserved it. But animals? Kore saw more humanity in the eyes of animals than she did in humans themselves. She could, unlike the rest of these people it seemed, see the individual behind those eyes.
Standing onto her shaky legs, a lone tear fell from Kore's eye, travelling down the unscarred side of her face as she muttered. "I can't stay here anymore.", jumping from the tree, as if to her death. Luckily, the branch of the next grabbed her torso, and instead of pulling her in gently, flung her violently like a rag doll deeper into the wood. A few trees down, Kore landed rather ungracefully on another tall tree, and would have fallen if not for the branch that grabbed her around the waist and pulled her to it's trunk. The awful smell was not so prominent here, and Kore dragged in a ragged breath, breathing rapidly - her lungs fighting for air. She had held her breath for all that time, and needed a minute or two to catch it again. She would almost certainly bruise badly from being so rough with her powers, but she didn't care. Due to her scarring, even the slightest bruise or injury hurt a lot - even if she did not remember her old injuries, her body did. And phantom pains was something she suffered from greatly. And the impact of the branch on her side had aggravated an old stab wound - an injury she did remember being inflicted upon her, and the scars around it. The pain flared up, and she doubled over, crumpling onto the thick branch as she gasped quietly for air.
Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Last edited:
"Um, sure Sera although I don't see myself going anywhere yet" Jackson joked. He sat down next to Sera with his right leg out flat and his left leg arched and upon which he rested his left arm. Sighing, Jackson looked around to see who else was taking advantage of the fire besides himself and Sera. Surprisingly, it was just him and Sera at the moment, but where was everyone else? Puzzled, Jackson turned to Sera, "Has anyone else come by the fire Sera?"
Syphe Syphe

"No... no one's stopped by yet. I carried Scarlett over, poor girl didn't seem like she could move at all." Sera made a gesture indicating Scarlett's presence. "Kore vanished into the trees in the arms of Mr. Flirty-pants. I heard rustling in the same direction after the meat began to really cook, though... suspicious." Sera took a glance over at Snow and the bounty hunter. They were just lying there, motionless, though the veteran was offering assisstance to them.

"Oh right... he's paralyzed, isn't he? I guess it's the least I can do to bring him over." Getting up from her spot next to the fire, Sera dusted herself off before walking over to them. "Let me handle them, alright? You don't look too great, so just go ahead and relax by the fire. I know the sound of water is nice, but the fire is better. Here we go...!" The man wasn't light, so Sera had to carry him a different way. From the back, Sera pulled both his arms over her shoulders, which made it so only his feet were dragging on the ground; better than just dragging his body over at least. It took a half of a second or so to get him to the fire. Panting just slightly, Sera cleared an area near the flame with her foot before setting him down flat on his back. "Ah... whew... I'm glad I never skipped out on training..."

Returning back to Snow, Sera scooped her up, arms beneath the knees and supporting her head. "You were very brave out there. I told you didn't I?" Smiling at Snow, Sera gently carried her over to the spot she was sitting at before. "You deserve a good rest." She said as she lowered Snow down onto the ground, before placing her head on her lap, and stroking her hair.

Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish littleberry littleberry Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Last edited:
Einua had trouble even crawling as it was, let alone running. And not realizing that it was another person saying this he stumbled forward once again. The rumbling and shaking that came from very close off woke him from his dazed state, Head popping up and glancing to and fro. His eyes landed on the small child, that was accompanied....what looked like a calm monstrosity. Taken aback by this, Einua once again clumsily fell onto his rear. Eyes bright and wide as he gazed upon the two, and slowly noticing that what had created the quakes through the forest must have been one of them? although, he heavily doubted it being the child himself that had made such quakes and trembles. The glowing in his chest seemed to stay at a constant now, not as bright as a flash light, but brighter then candle light. The oppressing feeling that came along with the light, noticeable less intense than before. It did seem to wrap around everything that was at least fifteen feet around Einua, And gave off more of a calming affect this time. Einua's hands subconsciously clutched to the small of his breast.

"W....who are you? have....have you uhm....have you been here this whole time." Pausing as he realized that his voice had come back to him, hands lifting to brace against the warmth of his neck. Feeling the vibrations as he hummed a soft tune, checking to see if he was just imagining it. His hands then seamlessly roamed from his neck to his hair, which to his realization was soaked. Fingers pulling away and drawing in front of his gaze, so he could see the soft speckles of water now adorning his hand. "...were you talking to me? also, m...may i know....is that creature your's? or...is it violent?" His voice seemed shaky, the darkness made him feel uneasy, along with the lack of being able to see certain things. He became increasingly wary of the situation he was in. The child in front of him seemed harmless, but he had made that mistake before. And was not willing to make it yet again. "A...and please, Dont move until you've stated otherwise.....and if that monster is in your control, make sure it doesn't move either..." The caution and hesitation in his voice seemingly increased to paranoid amounts, his gaze flickering from the boy to the monster, and back towards the group of people. Who now seemed to not really notice the commotion that he had created, although maybe he wasn't as loud as he had feared.

Questions clouded his thoughts, so many that it was hard to think. Feminine visage contorting into that of unbridled anxiety and confusion, his gaze didn't drop from the two in front of him, but it seemed like his head was becoming more heavy, eyelids dragging downwards, as if he were about to pass out. his entire body felt like it had led weights tied to every joint and muscle. He had to stay awake though, face the current situation he was in. But the weight of fatigue grew with every moment that passed by. "
Talk q...quickly" he wanted to at least get some information from the boy, at most before he slipped back into the realm of dreams and lost ambitions. The thought of becoming stuck in such a place again frightened him, but the comfort and security of the place also made him a bit inclined to let himself drift off to it once again. Stability, he found it in the sensations that tingled through his hands as they dug through the dirt. Soil pushing through the cracks between his fingers. This bide the realm of dreams for awhile, but he didn't know for how long.

Spice Spice and Everyone Everyone else

Vira
Tib199u.png

Elsewhere.

"I think it is about time that we terminated our agreement; you simply have become too much of a hassle for our continued association," a voice was saying to a rather large man in an expensive looking coat.

"What?! N-no no no no! It is fine Hidden! It is all under control!" The man quickly responded, his usual cool gone, while he stammered, and waved his hands in a flustered state. The other in front of him, standing there in a hood, covering a majority of the person, save for a small grin forming. "L-Look... w-we'll have everything by the the end of the week, as our agreement says!"

"Hm. Yes, except you missed last week," the hooded person noted snidely.

"R-r-right, I know! But there is only so much Svitch has..!" He tried to explain. "We will make up for it this week, I promise you!"

The grin left the hooded figure, and they seemed to be agitated, shifting. "Right, but we didn't make an agreement with Svitch," the hooded person commented. "We made one with you, Mr. Great One. Hm, I do wonder, what would He think and feel, if he found out I was here?"

The very large man apparently known as 'Mr. Great One', seemed to sweat, his chest heaving with sharp breaths. "Y-yes, that would.. not be a good thing." He could hear her threat. "B-but that is why we have an alliance with you lot, is it not?"

"An 'agreement', but. It is."

"Right, so..."

"So..."

"Pay up. Yes. I hear you Miss Hidden."

"Good. So it is acknowledged that we will be terminating our agreement," Hidden stated flatly. All the color left Mr. Great One's face.

"But what about The Devil?!" the man gasped out, stepping towards the cloaked female. "He will be on us like a rabid dog! We need your aid!"

"You mean our protection?" She asked, with a tilt of her head. At the man's silent acknowledgement, she smirked. "Well, I suppose you should have considered that, before you decided to break our agreement, yes? Before you decided to betray Him." She moved to the back of the room, and grabbed the handle to the door. Oh, where were her manners?? "Gentleman, have a good day! Toodles." She purred as she turned around towards them once more, giving a small bow, before she exited quickly, vanishing almost without a trace.

"Wait. So that's it?? She just... left? We aren't allied with The Prophets anymore?" A scraggly, coarse voice sounded behind the large man.

"Yep, that's it. I tried, but it.. it seems that no, we won't be, Rap," Mr. Great One drawled on, running a handkerchief over his sweaty face. "Make no mistake, though, she will be back. At the end of the week. We will be forced to pay. Or... we will be forced to pay. Damn those Prophets!" He growled, slamming his fist down on the desk beside him, jostling its contents and spooking Rap making him squeak out. "Rap. Go to Svitch. Get us more supplies, more food, more anything! We owe both The Devil and The Prophets now."

"But sir, we tax them heavily as it is, they won't have anything... They will revolt if we push them anymore. At some point desperation ekes out fear," Rap said, having one of his odd moments of clarity and wisdom.

"Don't you think I know that?!" Mr. Great One growled, his face turning red in anger. "Fine! Go to the East, there are towns there! Get what we need!"

"But that is Fierce Dragon territory," Rap began, "are you sure about that?"

"I know, and I don't care! I don't care about some scrawny lizards calling themselves 'dragons'! We have demons gnashing their teeth at the door. And the enlightened are not happy with the future.. " He murmured cryptically, but it was pretty evident what he meant. Except to the normally idiotic Rap, who released a stupid, "Huh?" Mr. Great One growled rounding around on the smaller man, bright red. "Both The Devil's Demons and The Prophets will come to destroy us, what do you not understand you damn idiot?! I said, go to the towns to the East, and take what they have, or I'll crush you myself, Rap, got that?!"

"EEE, Y-Yessss, sir!" The small lanky man shrieked in fear, stumbling back, hitting some things, before falling over. He scrambled to his feet, and then dashed from the room to do as his boss commanded.

"Heh, Rapscallion being as useless as ever, huh?" A smooth voice sounded from a man around the doorframe at the exit. He smoothly slid into frame, leaning against it. A cigarette burning at the corner of his mouth. He had a black hat from the 80s or so on his head, a suit on as well, and he was tall and skinny, but not lanky like Rapscallion was.

"Alwaysssss. He's a fucking rat, that Rap." Mr. Great One growled, clenching his fists. "Grr... I assume you heard all that, Crackerjack, you snake?"

"Indeed. It sounds we have quite the situation on our hands, don't we fine Leader?" Crackerjack replied, with the note of a small, unusual accent on his silver tongue.

"Yes. Devils and demons to the North, seers to the East. We must pay... both. Go to the South West, get what you can from those towns," Mr. Great One ordered, seeing out of the corner of his eye the one known as Crackerjack shift to leave, while he bent over the desk.

"Gladly, sir."
He spoke with such conviction, that his leader didn't even question him; obvious content on the big man's face, that Crackerjack was so readily useful, and willing to answer any orders given. Crackerjack paused though, shifting the cig in his mouth. "Hm. Isn't it odd?"

"What?"

"The woman? Her name I mean."

Mr. Great One looked up at him, with a look mixed with confusion and anger.

Crackerjack could see the impatience on his face. Holding up his hands, he elaborated. "I merely mean, her name... it is like ours. 'Great One', 'Crackerjack', 'Rapscallion'... 'Hidden'? It is a codename."

For whatever reason Mr. Great One hadn't even noticed. For some reason, he had assumed it was her actual name. "Hmmm.. Yes. I see... Are you saying we should try to recruit her?"

Crackerjack laughed to the point the cig almost fell out of his mouth, he had to catch it. "Ah ah! Ow ow!" he gasped out, tossing it around in his hands at the burning, heated in on his skin. Before he caught it and placed it between his lips again. "N-no, sir. Just something I noticed! Haha!"

"Right... She'd never do that anyway.. What could we offer her the Prophets do not?.." Mr. Great One wondered aloud, turning back towards his desk, while Crackerjack left the room with a grin on his forever-smug face, to do as his leader ordered.

Here.

Vira watched the people at the bonfire. She could smell the juicy meat, and hear the sizzle of it cooking. Even the veggies she brought, she could smell them. It wasn't the biggest haul, especially for the size of the group there, but it would be good enough. Vira's mouth watered, but she merely downed some of the hotwater in her canteen. She made no movement from the tree she leaned against, knowing these people needed the food more. She turned her head, to close her eyes.

Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Syphe Syphe Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Kallo Kallo Randomfella Randomfella littleberry littleberry FrostFire FrostFire revior revior Spice Spice Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish
and @whoever else is there/around :P

Scarlett O'Hare

Even if she had wanted to lash out against the rainbow haired girl, Scarlett had no energy. But when she saw the bag of jerky, something she never got to enjoy, placed into her hand, she almost wept with joy. She wasn't being given scraps or morsels that could barely give her the energy to walk. She was being given real food. "Thank you." She muttered as the girl picked her up and hauled her over to the fire. The bag of jerky already open and half devoured by the time Sera set her down in place. She hadn't tasted jerky before, but she knew that it would give her quite a massive intake of calories and be remotely filling. As soon as the bag was empty she looked over to Sera and Jackson, the pair talking much like a couple. "Married?" She asked the pair with curiosity. She'd heard of people falling in love and getting married, but she wondered if this was what it looked like. It looked cozy. A lot cozier than her old life that was for certain. Smelling the meat made Scarlett nearly drool all over the fire but she contained herself, barely. She figured that the jerky would be her meal tonight and that the real food was going to be the rest of the groups, though she was grateful for even the jerky.

Rose Valencia

She continued to lean on Zephyr as the smell of cooking meat filled her nostrils. "That smells pretty good." She muttered before remembering the conversation she was having. "Eh, life is a mess for EVERYONE Zephyr. Everyone's mess just mangles together and makes it bigger, so don't worry about that." She yawned as her eyes slowly closed. "Don't worry about who you were. The past is only part of what makes us who we are." Another stifled yawn left her lips. "Focus on who you want to be. And even if you don't know that yet, then figure it out, one step at a ti~" Her last word was cut off as she curled up, her head falling to his lap as she finally was whisked away to the land of dreams.

Ryuji Nakamoto

Ryuji listened to Kore's worries in silent acceptance. They were rational and held a great deal of weight. "But whether or not you let that side control you is your choice." He turned to see her scrunching up her nose. The only smell was that of the cooking meat though. That meant that Kore probably didn't eat meat at all. Before he could even suggest moving upwind from the smell, Kore said she couldn't stay and flung herself into the woods. "Idiot!" Ryuji cursed as he dove down from the tree. Even if she could control the plants around her there were limits to what an ability could do. And an A rank abnorm still had weaknesses. The minute his feet touched the ground he put on his mask and dashed off after the foolish girl. "Idiot, idiot, idiot." He muttered under his breath as he followed after some disturbed branches and falling leaves towards where he suspected she was.

"Kore!" He called out into the woods as the undergrowth tore at his torso and legs, the scratches healing quickly despite his focus being elsewhere. Stopping where the trail of destruction ended Ryuji looked up. Kore had made it a point of getting higher up when she was bothered at the campsite, she'd probably do it again. Noticing some oddly twisting branches Ryuji let out a sigh of relief. Their guide couldn't get hurt and leave them here otherwise they'd have to rely on Vira. That really wasn't an option. "Kore" Ryuji huffed as he took off his mask and the worry could finally show on his face. "Are you stupid?!" He spoke as he climbed his way up the tree to be beside her. "I don't care HOW bad the smell was. You didn't have to throw yourself halfway through the forest to get away from it. not to mention the damage that you could've done to yourself." Ryuji was both anxious and pissed. He couldn't really register which one was getting the better of him. Figuring she wasn't going to do something that fool hearty again, he lightly chopped her head. "You're about as reckless as I am, but UNLIKE me, you can't heal within a few hours from broken bones." Ryuji sighed as he set back down, watching the last of the scratches heal up cleanly. His left hand moving to his shoulder instinctively. "Well, almost heal."

Syphe Syphe BlackJack BlackJack Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe FrostFire FrostFire

Jackson watched as Sera gave assistance to Snow and Patrick before she put Snow's head on her lap. Jackson then felt the desire to take a drink from his flask when he heard Scarlett mention "married" in relation to Sera and himself. Puzzled was his expression before he removed his expression and said to Scarlett, "we just met each other earlier today, I think you're a little confused Scarlett." Jackson then reached up with both of his hands and placed them behind his head when a *click* was heard. Moving both of his hands to either side of his head, Jackson lifted off his mask and his actual face was open for all to see. He then took a drink from his flask and held it in his right hand while contemplating all that had happened today.
Syphe Syphe Kiroshiven Kiroshiven littleberry littleberry

Lucca Malkovich

"You know, Snow, the river bank isn't really the best place to sleep in."

Snow had laid beside him, looking tired and worn out, but Lucca was glad that she was near, that she was with him. The song is soothing now, finally it had calmed down. Laying there, he couldn't help but watch her, perhaps he was just drawn to the pretty girl, or perhaps the song had edged him on, either way, and he's sure this was from himself, he was heartbroken when he noticed her injuries all over her body, and they look to be caused by her thorns. He remembered that she was rather agitated a moment ago, when she came to defend him. Do her thorns grown when she's agitated? Apparently, that seems to be the case.

As he watches her, being mesmerized by her, he heard someone else's footstep coming closer, and he turned his head to see who it was. What he was was a large, gruff man, the old timer, tower over him immobile body. It was terrifying, frankly speaking, and for a moment there Lucca was afraid of what might happen. Would he be beaten for getting Scarlett involved? For causing such a ruckus? He swallowed his spit with an audible gulp as he awaits what may happen to his helpless body. However, what happened was unexpected, the old timer actually picked him up and carried him on his shoulder, taking him over to the fireplace and even suggesting to have the "rich girl" who Lucca assumed to be the pink fluffy hair, remove his paralysis. he extended is hand to Snow as well, and rather than a scary gang boss, now he looked more akin to a kindly uncle of some sort.

"Uh... thanks..."

Lucca wasn't sure what else to say, he was still afraid that if he said the wrong thing he might get smacked for it, and once is more than enough for today.

As he was being brought over to the fire Lucca saw something, or rather someone, someone he does not quite recognize, a girl(?) with lose, filthy clothing, stumbling out of the bushes. As hes being handed over to the medic, a lady who was nicer and less likely to smack him, he couldn't help but voice his concern.

"Um, is that one of you? That girl over there." he gestured with his chin, "Also, and I'm not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but is that big fella with knives of hands part of your group too?" he then added, noting Keiji's creature that was approaching Patrick.

littleberry littleberry Syphe Syphe Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish Spice Spice NyxDarling NyxDarling

Kore Dair
Kore moaned when she heard Ryuji calling to her. Of... Course. He, ugh, followed... She stayed exactly where she was though, the pain seemed only to be getting worse as the adrenaline of flying through the air wore off.
She was still breathless, her breaths came in small and short gasps - the breathing of someone who has broken ribs, or damaged their side severely. Of course, she hadn't. But the phantom pain in her side felt just as real as any pain.
The pain was so intense, that all she could do in response to Ryuji was wave her arm at him dismissively, and tenderly hold her side, doubling over, her face scrunched up in pain.
She could still smell it, but the odour of burning flesh was much less intense, and although it still upset her greatly, she was just about able to deal with it - which was good, because she wasn't moving any time soon.
"I- aaaah...", she breathed quietly, coughing weakly, and then moaning in pain right after.
She didn't notice, but she was bound to the tree by a thick branch that came from the wood, sprouting out as any branch would, circled around her waist and then re-entered the tree. It was hidden by her coat, and meant she could not be moved until she released herself. The branch was tight, almost too tight, around her waist, and played a small part in the pain she felt, the squeezing of her hips mixing with the phantom pain of stab wounds, burns, and a general blazing pain.
She raised a hand limply again, patting his arm in a comforting manner as she twitched, her side spasming as she tried to control her ragged breathing. She knew it was all, well, mostly psychological, it was something she had dealt with before, but had never gotten used to, or learnt how to control.
Kore let out a dry, heaving sob, her arms sliding back to her waist as she straightened up, leaning back in a slumped position, her head lolling against the trunk. She pushed weakly at the branch a few times - finally noticing how tight it was - but it didn't seem to budge, until her last weak push, when it thinned, and seemed to travel back into the tree like a leech. But, her support gone, and her in too much pain, feeling too weak to use her powers, Kore began to slide sideways - about to fall out of the tree.
Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Ryuji Nakamoto

Ryuji had barely had time to catch his breath as he noticed Kore reacting poorly. "You're hurt." He spoke plainly as he moved towards her, only to see a branch unwrap itself from her waist. A bit taken aback by the circumstances, Ryuji watched as Kore started to fall from the tree. Throwing himself into her, he contorted himself and felt the painful sensation of each branch he hit on the way down until finally he felt the smack of solid ground against his bare skin. After a loud groan, Ryuji managed to speak. "Next time, let me carry you the normal way." Ryuji tried to joke about the situation, but he was hurt, pretty badly at that. Several fractures along his shoulders and spine. Nothing that would prevent him from moving, but it was still enough pain that he didn't want to move. Of course, even if he had been fine he probably wouldn't want to move. He could feel Kore pressed against him because of the tight grip he had on her. His arms, draped around her felt the scars and rough skin, but it wasn't terrible. If anything, it fit her. It was like her own layer of bark, protecting the fragile center that made up who she was. "You okay?" He asked as he tried to move open his arms and let her go, the feeling of his bones breaking from being forced to move causing him to cringe. "Can we stay put for just a minute or two? I don't think I have the ability to chase after you if you run just yet." He forced out a dry laugh as he continued to look at the girl on his chest.

FrostFire FrostFire

Kore Dair
Kore didn't feint or pass out, but she got very, very close. The next thing she knew, she was falling, and curled up in a protective ball. She felt the impact too, and was sure that now she would definitely be very sore tomorrow.
He's... Making a joke?! And asking if I'm okay?!? She unravelled herself, worming slowly out of his grip and crawled off his chest, rolling onto her hands and knees, breathing heavily and still in pain. But now she was angry, and worried.
"You probably just... Ugh, broke your back. And you're asking me if I'm okay?", she lowered herself onto her stomach, then rolled onto her back. "Why... I would've caught myself. You- you didn't have to do that.", her speech was slow and thick, she was still breathing heavily, but the fake pain was slowly subsiding, and left behind it the soreness of her bruises.
"It's... Fake, not real pain. From my scars. Like I said before, they still hurt, all the time.", she paused for breath, which had begun to slow and calm. "I'll get off with some bad bruises, but...", she remembered he had a healing ability, but she didn't know how strong it was.
"But most of the pain is in my head.", she sighed, as the pain lowered to almost bearable levels. It wasn't gone, not by a long way, and wouldn't be for awhile. But at least she could continue on, as normally as was possible.
She dragged herself to her knees, and slumped against the tree they had just fallen out of. Looking up, she could just about see their way down in the darkness. "Stay put... Probably a good idea.", she muttered, looking down at him. Begrudgingly, she admitted to herself that she did indeed need his help, and he had probably saved her a lot of miserable weeks.
"It seems we're both stupid, reckless idiots.", she smiled weakly, "But thanks. For... Everything...?", she was back to sounding like she was asking questions again.
She gingerly prodded her side, it was definitely bruised, as were her hips and probably more of her, and she frowned, knowing that the aches and pains of tomorrow would be bothersome... And she would probably be weakened.
I planned to do so much this evening and tonight... But so far I've done nothing. It was too late to do much of anything now, apart from make a nice, soft bed and curl up for the night. "Now I just want to go to bed... Ugh, at home.", but home was a long hike or paddle away, something she had no energy for.
Kore looked down at him, not wanting to move or even touch him for fear of making the situation worse. "Sorry, this is my fault.", if only she had been more rational about her escape from the awful smell, more careful, neither of them would be in pain.
Grimacing, she asked hesitantly, "How long until... You're at least able to stand...?", she scooted over lethargically, and slowly, her eyes tightening - she was still in pain, after all, but it was certainly less than what he was in. She hovered over him, an annoyed but worried expression on her face, but mostly she just looked exhausted. "Can... Is there anything I can do?"
Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Snow
tumblr_inline_ol4c2wxxRT1thkawv_540.png

Snow smiled at Lucas as he commented on her sleeping area. She opened her eyes to look at him with a smile as her eyes crinkled. “R-really… hmm I never would h-have known.” She whispered, the words almost inaudible. She didn’t move at all, unable too as Patrick came over to them and Sera. Sera carried away Lucas and Snow looked up at the big man. Yes she had lost a lot of blood today. “T-thank you Patrick. Really. You… you are very kind.” Her voice softly chimed out, crinkly and hoarse. As he offered her his hand Snow bit her lip… she had been helped by him before but it… well he made her feel calm. She didn’t feel her thorns poking at her skin around him. She only felt the same way around Sera and Lucas. Ryu… well he was complicated.
Patrick just seemed so… safe. He seemed like a force bigger and wiser than anything else even though she knew there were others probably stronger. She slowly raised her soft small hand to his when Sera came back and picked her up whisking her away. Snow blushed and retreated against Sera’s form, embarrassed she had been about to rely on someone for umpteen time again. Still… her eyes looked over Sera’s shoulder at Patrick as she was laid down on the healer’s lap by the fire.

Oh it was so warm…

Snow’s eyes found Sera and she smiled again. “Brave? I’ve never been called that before.” Before was a time she would never speak of. No… never. As Sera stroked her hair Snow sighed out and closed her eyes. It was relaxing… but something kept her up.
Lucas. Her blood would be wearing off soon. She had lot’s on her skin and needed to exchange some more before it dried up. She sighed and nodded at Sera before sitting up groaning at the waves of black that rolled over her vision. The world spinned around her as she made her way to her Hunter. He was like her charge and well, Snow had never felt responsible for anyone before. “Lucas… we need to… um… we need to talk in private.” Her eyes found Rose asleep on the new male. Maybe her power wore off while she was sleeping?
But she was distracted as Jackson took off his mask. Oh… that was um… hmm… Snow had no romantic feelings towards the man who seemed like a kind… brother?
But she wasn’t blind. She did not know what family was supposed to feel like. Her own family… no don’t think about it!

Shaking her head she looked to where Lucas was motioning. There was a girl… boy… in the woods with Keiji that was making her blood call out. So powerful. She had no doubt that they were an Abnorm based on how loudly her senses were going off. They had powerful blood.

“I… I don’t know w-who t-that is.” She bit her lip and scrunched her face, suddenly worried. Sure they looked super weak at the moment… but the power made her cautious.
revior revior Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish Syphe Syphe Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Spice Spice Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko NyxDarling NyxDarling

Last edited:
-= KAIA WINTERS =-
Fugitive | Abnorm | Just Outside the Camp
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko @AnyoneAtCampfire

Step. Step. Stumble-step. Step.
How long had it been? Step. The last remnants of light had disappeared from the sky, so it had to have been hours. Shuffle-step. Where was she going? How long was she going to wander through the thick of the woods, nicking the toes of her boots on rocks and roots, struggling to make out anything even a foot in front of her. Step-trip. One particularly large tree root finally halted Kaia's ambling pace, sending her careening down onto her hands and knees with a thud and slight grunt. "Hng..!" Screw it. Screw it all. "What am I even doing anymore? Is this really all worth it?" A shaky breath forced its way out of the slender girl's lungs and she remained there in the grass, her face downcast and her body quivering. Her stomach practically sounded like a wild animal, the way it howled. She was having a hard time even recalling her last meal, but she knew it'd been at least a couple days. It had only been two months since her escape, but now it almost seemed that things had been more pleasant as a slave than as a fugitive. At least there she had a bed...food...shelter. Kaia quickly shook her head in sudden disgust at her own thoughts. "No! No...no I have to keep moving. For Skylar..." Gritting her teeth, the abnorm shakily rose to her feet and brushed the dirt from her knees. If she kept following the river, she'd have to run into a town sooner or later. And where there were towns, there was food.

Kaia adjusted her hood and the tattered pieces of cloth wrapping her forearms, then set off once more through the dense underbrush. Just when she thought her legs would give out a second time, a scent caught her attention. It was only for a fleeting moment. Maybe she had just imagined it? No, there. There it was again. It smelled like.... "Barbecue...?" she muttered softly to herself. Something was roasting...and by God it smelled heavenly. Just this hope alone sent renewed strength coursing through her frail body, and she took off through the forest at almost break neck speed. A faint glow glimmered in the distance, a beacon in the darkness. Kaia slowed her speed to a stealthy tip toe as she caught wind of voices nearby. Taking care to keep hidden, dashing behind tree to tree, she was finally able to catch a glimpse of its source. It appeared to be a small, makeshift campsite...and a whole lot more people than Kaia was comfortable with. And chances were they were abnorms. She could make out what appeared to be a dark-haired female about her age sitting nearby, her eyes heavy and posture relaxed. However, something about her told Kaia that though she may appear docile, she probably didn't want to gain her attention. The others that remained seemed to be occupied with each other, which was good for now. Considering the bags and belongings around the campfire, Kaia guessed that there were probably more of them than were currently at the fire. "Better make this quick then while most of them are gone.." she murmured under her breath as she adjusted her hood to cover more of her face.

Her eyes darted to the jerky and uncooked vegetables off to the side, which would be easier to grab, but the roasting meat was just so tempting. Biting her lip, the bright flames that flicked around the carcass reflected in her violet eyes and she took a step back in fear. Fire wasn't good. Jerky it was then. The blue haired abnorm waited until the other female's eyes drifted closed, then made her move, praying no one would see her. Her feet moved swiftly and silently as she made her way towards the stash of food closest to the edge of the campsite. Though her throat was parched, her mouth watered intensely as the ever so pleasant smell of roasting meat filled her nostrils. She felt horrible about stealing...especially from her own kind. But she was desperate and starving. Obviously this group had methods of hunting while she did not. They could find more food...right? Throwing out her right hand, she quickly gripped the bag containing the majority of jerky then darted back towards the shadows at the edge of the campsite as quietly as possible. "I can make it...just move faster, Kaia. Faster..!"

Last edited:
Ryuji Nakamoto

Ryuji chuckled through the pain as she went on worrying about him. "A man never worries for his own safety. Only that of beautiful women." Ryuji remembered Hifumi, the woman that taught him that lesson. "It doesn't matter whether the pain is in your head, your bones, or your heart. It's there." Ryuji tried to reach out to her, but she moved away. The popping of bones moving into place one again assailed his ears. "How many times have I heard that pop now?" Ryuji thought about one of his training sessions with his master to get his power stronger. His master broke each of his bones one by one, pushing Ryuji to heal himself only to have the bone broken again. If he didn't heal himself though, the bones would be shattered. There was no choice, only the thought of healing to survive. His eyes drifted over to Kore as she spoke.

"You're welcome, but there's nothing to thank me for. It's like you said, we're both reckless idiots." Ryuji chuckled as he felt a bit ashamed. The him that she was talking to wasn't himself, not fully. "I know I can't replace home, but if you want, you can sleep on my lap tonight." Ryuji joked as he looked at her. "Or is the proud girl afraid of what the flirt will do?" His voice went back to its playful nature. He wasn't really going to push her to do it if she didn't want to, but teasing her was fun. Especially because these were private reactions that he got to see. "You're a lot more emotional than you let on Kore. It's nice to see the woman behind the bark."

Ryuji shook his head as she tried to take blame. "You're not to blame. I just moved on instinct. I could've pulled you up, but instead decided to tumble down with you. It was a mistake I made." Smiling as she tried scooting closer. "And I'd make it again too." He added that bit in as she asked if she could do anything. "How about you just watch over me and smile. Women are for more beautiful when smiling. And besides, nobody's gotten to see it but me. I kinda like it." He chuckled as his bones finally were aligned and would start healing. "I think I can walk now." Slowly pushing himself to his feet, Ryuji heard the popping sound in his shoulders. He probably should've stayed down, but at least this way he wouldn't worry her.

Morgan Llewellyn

Meanwhile, in a bar in a city maybe half a day's journey away from the group. A lone girl, pretending to be a boy, stands at a bar's counter drinking straight bourbon. Ugh, I can feel all those ugly ass guy' 'eyes on me. She thought to herself as the bartender looked at her. The poor girl was currently giving her room and helping her tape down her chest every morning. So long as Morgan stayed she had a job, shelter, and food. And all the booze she could drink. "Thanks for letting me stay for a while Tanya." Morgan's voice still sounded feminine, despite how much she tried to lower her tone.

"Think nothing of it. You've kept these rowdy bastards under control for a week. It's a record. I may actually make a profit this week." She laughed as she poured more of the brown gold into the glass. "And I got that item you requested. It's upstairs, though I doubt you'll use it."

"Come on Tanya. You know I will, someday." The last bit slipped from her lips in a hushed toned. Just as she was about to plead her case, a heavily intoxicated man strolled into the bar with a great deal of laughter. Morgan rolled her eyes as she clutched her glass and took a long drink. This was why she stayed here. Too many drunken assholes.

"Hey there cutie." The man spoke to Morgan as is she liked the reference. "What's a bar like you, doing in a girl like this?" The drunk idiot couldn't even get the line right. Morgan rolled her eyes and continued to ignore the man, hoping he'd take the hint. "Oh, playing hard to get huh? I like 'em feisty." He hiccupped before looking square at Morgan's, currently, non-existent chest, then to her ass and then to her face. "I give you an 8.4 out of ten. The lack of a chest hurts a lot. But your butt makes up for it." He smacked her square on the buttocks.

Cringing, Morgan turned to face the man. Her eyes cold with hatred. This kind of man pissed her off the most. She slowly took off one of her gloves and gently ran the back of her hand against his cheek, the warm sensation of energy flowing into her was more potent than any warmth alcohol could give. Morgan's eyes shone as the man sobered up real quick, but it was too late. She grabbed hold of his head and slammed it with all her might into the table. "Asshole." She muttered as he fell onto the floor out cold. "Butch, get this poor fool out of this establishment. His kind ain't welcomed here." A large bald man quickly moved the drunkard out of the bar as Morgan slipped on her glove. "This is why I hate drunks." She muttered as she finished her bourbon.

FrostFire FrostFire

The food was just about ready. The slices of pheasant were ready, a crispy golden-brown with its sweet oily juices dripping onto the ground below the grill, stirring up the fire. Satisfied with the result, Sera did her best to move the grill off the fire and onto the ground next to it, without disturbing Snow who was still on her lap. Thank goodness for her long-ish arms. The pig was larger and required more time before the heat could penetrate into the core of the pig. It was getting late but Sera didn't want to risk any sickness or food poisoning so she patiently waited until it too, began to blacken in some parts. The texture of the pig was so tempting, probably due to Sera's hunger, but regardless, "The food is ready, guys! Come, let's ea-- huh?!" Sera was calling out to the others when all of a sudden she noticed someone darting in and made off with Scarlett's bag of jerky. "Hey, wait stop!! Ah... sorry Snow!" Hastily moving Snow's head off of her lap, Sera bolted into standing position and chased the thief. It was all a blur as she ran as fast as she could. That food was for Scarlett... and hers!

"Hey, hey hey stop! Wait!" Before Sera lost the unknown assailant to the bushes, she gave off the last spurt of energy to her legs to close the distance. 'I... hate... running!!!' "Come here, you!" Sera held out her hand, and a few seconds later she managed to grasp the arm of the robber. "Got you!" With all her might, Sera put the brakes on, causing her to nearly faceplant alongside the robber. This girl, now that she was close enough to see, was fast but she was like a feather compared to what Sera was expecting. The overestimation in strength caused her to fall backward, but at least the girl had stopped in her tracks. Firmly holding the girl, Sera turned her around, what she saw nearly made Sera's heart fade out. Those eyes, fear, hunger, desperation in her face. This girl was no thief by choice, she couldn't be. "Hey... don't bother running anymore, got it? You're with me now. I'll be taking that bag now..." Sera gingerly pulled the bag away from the girl's hands before leading her back to the camp. "Come along, don't worry. You must be hungry right? I got a little treat for you, so stop shaking. You're lucky I caught you before you escape, the others aren't so accepting as it is, but if you got away and we caught you after... ah never mind that."

"Ok, we're back." Sera handed the bag of jerky back to Scarlett before she descended upon the girl. "Let's start over, shall we? My name is Sera. What's your name?" Sera asked gently, to show that there should be no hostility, for now. She looked at everyone by the fire: Snow, Scarlett, the bounty hunter, and... who is that handsome man? 'Did I just think handsome?? Is that Jackson??' Sera looked back to the girl in front of her before anything else slipped, and gestured for her to go on.

Tyra Tyra Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe littleberry littleberry Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish Spice Spice

Vira

Departing The One's base, Hidden looked up at the darkened sky. She hadn't really meant to be here for so long. Hm, she was usually better at managing her time. Glancing around, she looked as if she was going to start heading East, but she paused, something caught her eye. The forest extended just up to the large building that was the gang's base. As well did a river flow out of this forest, beside the base, and up and down some rolling hills off to the edge of the continent (presumably).

But none of that was out of the ordinary. Thus none of that did catch the hooded female's eyes. What she did spot, was what was carried down the river, swiftly transported by the increasing rapids from the rushing waters. A dead, bloodied person. Before the body would exit her sight beyond the hills, she wanted to get a better look, and rushed on over to the water's edge. Stopping, with her cloak fluttering at her speed, she eyed the body. Hm, she recognized it -him. That of Daeris, an Officer from the Devil and His Demons. He had a single, deep puncture wound around his neck, down into his torso.. Something that caused her to narrow her eyes at the deceased form and its wound, watching the current finally take it, and the surrounding red water out of view. The fact that he was dead would not take all that long to reach his leader, she was sure. Hidden turned towards the immediate forest.

Stepping towards it, Hidden peered into the dense trees. No one was around, from what she could spot in this dim light. Must have been dead for a few hours or more, floating quite some time. Probably closer up: midstream. With glittering gray eyes, she stepped once into the forest, brushing some of a tree's leafy branches out of her way.

Vira's eyes opened, both hearing and feeling a 'disturbance' of sorts. Sitting up, sure enough, there was one of those weird monstrous-creature things that she was certain had no business existing. It moved off over to the old man that stood in her way earlier, when she asserted her opinion to the 'misguided' Hunter.

Not long thereafter, coming out of the bushes at the edge of the clearing, was a new person. Wow, this forest was crowded tonight. Vira didn't recognize the girl, but could feel just a tiny sliver of 'danger' from her, it was barely there at all. So might as well disregard it. Out from behind her, came that annoying kid. He had another one of those weird creatures; it had to be his abnormality, she decided. Heh, at least another seemed to have the kid's attention, and she wasn't forced to babysit.

Suddenly she felt another sharp prick at her power. Standing up, Vira was almost 'forced' to look out towards the dense treeline beyond the camp. The flickering flame of the fire cast the immediate area in shadows that crept ever closer around the ring, darkening as seconds and minutes ticked by. However, Vira was fiercely vigilant, glaring out into the heavy evening forest! She had felt it! A harsh ping on her 'danger radar'. Something... She didn't know how to explain it. It wasn't really like anything she had felt before either, and yet, oddly familiar. Though.. why that was? She assumed just because it felt like danger. As soon as the 'ping' hit, it was gone.

Save for some weird 'dangers' she felt as someone ran from the place, with Sera in tow. Vira took a few steps after them, which meant she neared the center of the camp, since they were on the opposite side. She halted her advance, and only moments later, did Sera reemerge anyway. With yet another new person in tow. Another female, that Vira observed with her rusty gaze. She sensed... just minute 'dangers' from her, but nothing significant. The odd 'ping' from before, all but forgotten.

Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Syphe Syphe Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Kallo Kallo Randomfella Randomfella littleberry littleberry FrostFire FrostFire revior revior Spice Spice Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish
and @whoever else is there/around :P

Lucca Malkovich

Laying there with nothing much to do nor was he able to do much in the first place, Lucca simply stared into the flickering flames and the scent of freshly cooked meat flowing into his nostrils without his consent. He would have liked to eat some, but he couldn't, being paralyzed from the neck down and all that. Well, it's fine, it's all fine, he didn't really want it anyway. Clean edible meat is hard to find these days anyways, better not take that chance. But nevertheless, he is indeed hungry, he'll probably stick to the vegetable, if someone would even feed him that is. They wouldn't be so cruel as to let him starve would they? Well, maybe they would, just for a day or so, to weaken him and keep him from running. That would make sense.

"You said you wanted to talk in private?"

Lucca recalled Snow saying something like that, but at the time, he was too distracted by the newcomer to properly register the words. But now that Sera had ran off for whatever reason, it's just the two of them and the armored guy, who was... surprisingly young, and maybe, just maybe, a bit handsome, maybe. Well what do you know? Lucca had the impression that he'd be more like the old timer, a gruff military type, seeing that he's wearing an old prewar armor. But anyways, perhaps Snow could ask the armored guy to give them some privacy, or perhaps ask him to help carry Lucca to somewhere more private, either way may work.

littleberry littleberry Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Syphe Syphe Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

-= KAIA WINTERS =-
Fugitive | Abnorm | The Camp
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Syphe Syphe revior revior @AnyoneAtCampfire

Just when Kaia thought she’d made a clean break, a female voice called out from near the fire. “Hey, wait stop!!” Blast it! The agile abnorm gave her long legs everything she had as she hurdled over a bush and tried to disappear in the forest. However, malnutrition and lack of sleep put a damper on her normally excellent agility and she stumbled several times trying to get away. “Hey, hey hey stop! Wait!” The voice was much nearer now. Adrenaline coursed through her veins and triggered her flight response, which was the only thing keeping Kaia as fast as she was. Images flashed through her brain all at lightning speed. The compound. Skylar. HIM… She couldn’t go back. She couldn’t let herself get caught. But no matter how hard she pumped her feet, she just couldn’t move any faster. Her heart thundered in her chest like war drums.

Soon enough… “Got you!” Kaia almost cried out simply in fear as she felt a firm hand wrap around her upper arm and latch on tight. The sudden halt of her new captor jerked Kaia backward with such severity that she experienced mild whiplash and nearly fell over in the opposite direction, stumbling into the other young woman. The force of the halt threw back Kaia’s hood, revealing a head of waist-length pale blue hair that reflected the slight moonlight that made its way through the canopy above. Every part of her body trembled, due to fear and outright fatigue, while her lungs screamed for air. Before she knew what was happening, her captor spun her around and Kaia found herself looking straight into an oddly caring pair of light amber eyes. Her own violet irises stared back for several moments before they darted away. Though she couldn’t help but look back in pure astonishment at her captor’s next words. “Hey.. don’t bother running anymore, got it? You’re with me now. I’ll be taking that bag now…” Her captor's voice was surprisingly soft and full of…concern. Why would she care about her? She’d just stolen some of this group’s valuable food supply…she deserved to be treated with anything but kindness. Still gasping for air, Kaia bit her bottom lip but said nothing. Her knuckles were white as she clung to the cloth bag’s handle, and it took a little coaxing for her captor to pry it from her fingers. As she did, another loud growl erupted from Kaia’s stomach and she clutched the front of her cloak in response.

The young woman then began softly persuading Kaia back to the camp. At this point, she had no strength left to fight, so reluctantly she let the girl pull her along back towards the crackling of the fire. She didn’t mind the cool of the night, but a tiny bit of warmth from the fire was nice, she had to admit. Immediately feeling four new pairs of eyes on her, Kaia gritted her teeth and her eyes darted from abnorm to abnorm warily. She jumped a bit as her captor spoke once more, startling her out of her own thoughts. "Let's start over, shall we? My name is Sera. What's your name?" What should she say? She was currently being hunted, was it really wise for her to use her actual name? Then again, they all saw her appearance. If they reported her to the bounty hunters, they’d know immediately who she was, name or no name. The heavy bounty she had hanging over her head like an anvil ready to drop made sure of that. Her lips parted slowly to speak as her gaze settled intensely on the young man in the cowboy-like getup. If he wasn’t a bounty hunter…she didn’t know what was. Her gut wrenched unpleasantly. “….Kaia,” she finally managed to croak, her voice struggling to make a noise. Clearing her throat, she shifted from one foot to the other nervously, unsure at how the rest of the group would react. It seems she got lucky that this girl…Sera was the one who went after her. The rest of the group certainly didn’t seem as compassionate at first glance.

Last edited:
Patrick watched as the medic carried Snow to the fire, these really we're good people, yeah some of them had a few rough edges but that was to be expected with how the world was now. As the medic went back to cooking and the hunter was placed near to the fire Patrick grabbed his pack from where he had dropped it and moved closer to the fire himself.

He sat the heavy gear laden thing down with a this and rummaged through it for a minute eventually bring out his prized possession, a coffee pot! He filled the thing with water from his canteen and a healthy serving of his other prized possession, a small bag of coffee grounds he had bought for top dollar a few weeks back.

Coffee was expensive now a days and really hard to come by but before the war Patrick had nearly lived off the stuff, now that the world had gone to hell in a hand basket the old soldier spared no expense when it came to the heavenly drink.

He paced over to the fire and slipped the pot in amongst the glowing coals, his eyes sparkled as the pot started to heat up and he began to hear the oh so sweet sound of water boiling. He almost happily sank to the ground next to Scarlett listening to the sound. The world really would come to an end when they ran out of coffee.

That pleasant thought brought Patrick's growing good mood to a screeching halt. He looked around at they're makeshift camp site, all of them were so young, most of them not being old enough to had graduated college. Yet here they were sitting around a fire in the middle of the woods running from almost certain death.

Patrick pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, that feeling creeping back into his mind, like he was to old, his generation had left this to these kids. A feeling of guilt started to work it's way into that old feeling, that is until he looked over at the young girl happily munching her way through a bag of jerky. He didn't had time to feel sorry for himself, he had mouths to feed for Christ's sake.

Save some room for dinner girl, by the smell your gonna need it, he said before he could stop himself, god he was starting to sound like his mother.

Just then one of Keiji's creations, Bruno, Benji... Bruce? Came rumbling into the camp site with a note stuck on one of it's know hands. Patrick jumped to his feet expecting the worst, only to find out that the kid was fine, just completely ignoring orders...again.

Patrick sighed and grabbed a pencil from one of the many pockets in his pants. He scrawled on the note and slid it back on the big brutes hand listen you ten foot pile of fat, he said barely restrained anger in his voice, you get this note to the kid as quick as your stumpy legs can carry and pray that he gets back here before my coffees ready or I'll rip out that page your on and throw it in the fire! Patrick was perfectly aware that Bruce, Buck... Belty? Wouldn't understand him in the least bit, he just needed something to take his anger out on, and the ten foot construct was just an easy target.

The fat thing spun and stomped back out into the forest surprisingly, leaving Patrick there to grumble as he plopped down next to Scarlett again, kids, he huffed before returning to stare at his coffee pot. The kid better hope this coffee was as good as the vendor said it was.

Snow
2013100515550845fs.jpg

Snow nodded as the food was made ready and Sera ran off. Hmm, this was a good time. There was still that girl in the woods but Keiji seemed to be talking with her... She took a little bit of the food, putting it on a piece of her torn off clothing and a stick and made sure Lucas was sitting up to be fed. She sat beside him and held out a piece of meat as she spoke.

“I… well my power is um.... It’s going to wear off soon Lucas. And you… well if you want to not be paralyzed you need to either be on our side and kind of… um don’t say it’s worn off… or take another exchange. I don’t want to make you exchange blood with me Lucas. I hate the thought of taking someone's free will… but well they may not trust you again if they realize you aren’t compelled to be on outside sorta.” She whispered this all to him, keeping her voice low as the firelight made her pale hair gold and her rose eyes darker.
“You know you’re an Abnorm now… you know that well, well you have a lot of stuff to deal with… it might make it easier. The blood song. That’s what you’ve been hearing.” She gently fed him another piece before taking his limp hand in hers, bringing it to his eye level.
“The blood song works like this. It connects people. Now our hands aren’t fused together but well, I feel your hand and usually you would be able to feel mine.” She frowned, trying to explain this the best she could. Really… her abnormality had been a learn as you go experience.
“Our blood is like this now. Connected so we feel each other except instead of a feeling, it’s the blood song. It soothes you when I’m near and it soothes me when I’m near. I have no power of my own Lucas. Please don’t tell anyone else but it’s true… I am telling you because… well because of our blood bond. My abnorm is giving you that power. I enhanced your abnormality. It’s why people forgot about you even more than usual. But my gift is a give and take. It is a balance. I give you power in exchange for you now having to protect me. But I’m weak. I don’t use it often enough for it to be strong enough to last more than 8 hours.”

Snow stopped as Patrick came and sat at the fire. She scooted closer to Lucas, whispering even softer as the pace in which she spoke sped up. Revealing your powers was revealing a weakness. Always. No exception. She may want to trust Patrick but still… Lucas was on a need to know basis right now.
“Once you crash from my ability… it could be nothing or it could be extremely tiring. Your mind could be fine and stay in the current mentality it is now… or everything you originally thought about me and everyone could come back. I made you, a stranger suddenly want to protect me. There… there is always resentment. My blood is still wet and fresh on my skin to do another exchange now. But this is your choice.”
Snow cringed and breathed a little, done with her speech. Her eyes looked at their hands as she let go, hugging herself. She knew Lucas was changed, that Kore had gotten through to him. She saw it on his face. But… well covered in the blood she had shed for him, Snow would be lying if the thought of someone she had almost died to save suddenly resenting her didn’t sting.
Her thoughts were diverted for a moment when Sera came back with yet another stray. Snow’s ping went off and she tilted her head at the blue headed girl. Abnorm? Maybe… she didn’t know. She shot them both a gentle smile before turning back to Lucas. She would say hi later but… well this was important. More so than another addition to their troop of merry abnorms.
revior revior Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish Syphe Syphe Tyra Tyra Spice Spice Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe @anyoneelse

The group behind them slowly became more and more active, and he felt their eyes on him. Not all had noticed him but many had looked over and seen him, the unease that tightened in his chest assured him of this. Paranoia started to creep in, was the little boy going to talk or reply. were these people nice, they didn't seem to want to do him any harm. With this though he let his shoulders relax, his muscles unclenching as he realized he was merely in the presence of either campers, or other abnormals. And if that was the case, there would definitely be no hunters around, although something told him that not all of these people were considered safe to be around. If they were abnormal that meant that they were able to do something normal humans couldn't, and maybe some of them had ability's that let them control him, or kill him slowly, burn him alive. Soft, creeping voices in the back of his head started to whisper to him. 'You know, theyll eventually turn on you, dont trust them. see that, the little kids smile, the way that the others look at you. you cant trust them little on. run....run or kill them, kill them before they kill you. they wont understand you, if they see what you are, what you can do...they'll turn on you....they always turn on us." They fed lies into his thoughts, the sound of a soft women's voice with a tint of toxicity in it. it had stayed with him ever since his father died, like something he had left behind for Einua.

Small hands raising to flush against the temples of Einua's head, it took a second for him to realize that it was his own hands that were pushing against the sensitive spots along his forehead. A creeping chill started to run along his bones as the voice slowly crept back into his head. '
you see, that feeling. its a warning. i told you, any second now they all are going to try to devour you, kill you, destroy you! CANT YOU SEE, WE NEED TO LIVE!!' The voice was now erratic and hoarse, it reminded him of someone, but he couldn't pinpoint whom. "SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!!" He yelled at the top of his lung's, the pain that came from his chest made him double over in pain. Coughing as his chests heaved to regain stability, The chill began to creep into the back of his eyes, making things foggy and heavy once again. "Please....shut up, i dont want to hear it. " The words came out in a silenced whimper, broken and frail. he could feel the Weight of the world bearing down on him, and the weight of all whom he had harmed, and who had harmed him. The thought and realization of the boy and the others around him began to fade slowly, Black plasmatic flames beginning to slowly seep from the pores on Einua's skin.

Immense heat could be felt from Einua now, the Wave of energy pulsing off him increased with each second that passed, His eyes lolling back into his head as the mass of Black plasma washed over his limbs,undulating and rippling along his flesh. the ground around him blackened and became brittle rather quickly, but nothing caught fire. Even though the heat was so intense nothing caught fire, just crackled and withered. The black magma began to pour out of his eyes,gooping along his cheeks and falling from his chin. only to float up and levitate around him. flecks of silver and purple swam in the mass of magmatic plasma. No light came from this mass, nary it seemed to suck in light itself. He looked like he was being consumed by a mass of galaxy, of the night sky. The roar of sound the mass made was Dreadfull() echoing through out the tree's and into the blackness of night.

The roar of sound coming from Einua grew louder and louder, as the mass of plasma grew around him. The blotches that covered most of his skin, if looked at careful looked like an endless nothingness, writhing and crawling along the soft fleshof the young boy. Images of Einua's father flashed into his head, a memory...His father had a needle to his neck, and the palm of his fathers hand was pressed against his chest, which seemed to glow brightly, and burned. Burned so bad that it felt like his insides were boiling, he attempted to scream but no noise came out. He tried to lift any of his limbs but nary nothing responded to his beck and call. He watched as the liquid from the syringe flooded into his veins, the tip of the needle had gone into his neck without him having noticed. Finally he screamed out once more,and yet again the sound was blocked.he heard nothing. But back in reality, the sounds of his screams echoed throughout the forest, rough and full of pain. It was chilling and unbearable to hear, especially accompanied with the sound of the plasmatic mass that covered Einua. And As the last Scream left the boys lip, The black energy flew straight back into Einua's center With a loud crack and roar it disappeared. Einua's body now limp in the middle of the blackened and cracked dirt circle that surrounded him.

(( Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Spice Spice littleberry littleberry And basically everyone else))

Lucca Malkovich

It was somewhat embarrassing to actually be fed, and of all people, it was Snow feeding him, and that made it even harder to not blush. And the meat, held right in front of him, the sweet scent of the grilled fat and muscles, he could not longer resist them. Hopefully, he doesn't get sick from this, and if he does get sick, that means Snow will too... In the end, he couldn't eat it. If it meant harming Snow again, he'd rather starve... well, he can't starve either, he'll have to take good care of himself, both him and Snow.

"Sorry, but I prefer vegetables." Technically, those aren't lies, as he had never really tasted much meat in his life in the first place, and top it all off vegetables are just safer and cheaper.

As he sat there, made upright thanks to Snow, he was happily, though somewhat embarrassed, being fed by her. It was right then, Snow whisper them to him, the workings of her power, the power of her blood. The song he's been hearing? Apparently it called the blood song, a song that connects, compel two people who had shared blood together. It was an ability that strengthens the other and connect their senses together. It was an abnormality that robs others of their free will. And now, it's beginning to wear off.

Quietly he sat there, listening to her explaining it all to him, he could felt her sadness, her unwillingness to do this to someone, and he understood that she needed to do this in order to protect him from the others, that if she no longer needs to do this, then she wouldn't. Yet, yet, when he noticed the moist blood on her when she came closer to him, when he smelt the metallic scent on her, the song began sing to him aloud and as it sang, it whispers tenderly to him. Does he really want to be separated from her, to no longer be bonded? She won't notice him anymore, won't give him any attention. He'll be left alone like it always had been. Surely it can't be that bad? Taking in her blood would mean that she'll be his, and he'll be hers, finally, with someone. They can both be forgotten and be with each other forever.

When Snow turned from him, her hands hugging herself instead of tending to him, he wanted her back, and before he knew it, he was reaching out his hand, the paralysis finally wearing off. He wanted to turn her back to him, he wanted to caress her soft golden hair, he wanted to touch her, embrace her. And then, with all of his strength, he pulled his arm back. This isn't him, this was that damned song! He kept telling himself that, perhaps it was the truth, perhaps he was fooling himself, but this is one case that he did not care for such truths, rather, he only cares for one truth, that the blood was making him selfish, it was turning him into something he does not want to be.

"Let's not do it again... not now, not ever..." he squeezed out that answer, with all of his will he had rejected the blood song's allure, and it pained him, it saddens him, the song made him sad for making this decision.

"I...... I think I want to be alone for a bit." with everything he had, Lucca tore away from Snow, he tried to stand up and felt his knees, felt that they were weak, the effect of the paralysis hadn't full worn off. But he must go, he must go now.

With one heavy step after another, all the while the blood song sang sweet rebukes at him, he walked away from the campfire and sat himself down by the river he was just at, and there he determined not to move till the effects wore off. It was there when he hear the screaming, screaming most terrible, so much so that his hearing faded for a brief moment. But even that was welcomed, anything to take his attention away from the blood song, the song that continues to sing regardless of whether he has his hearing or not. Soon after his hearing had recovered, he turned towards the source of the scream, wondering what it was.

littleberry littleberry Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Syphe Syphe Tyra Tyra Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish Kiroshiven Kiroshiven NyxDarling NyxDarling

Last edited:
Keiji watched as the person turned back to him and now Erlon. They seemed scared of them right now, seemingly trying to protect them self. "I'm Keiji, and that's Erlon. I don't really know how long you've been in this forest. We've only found you about 10 minutes ago." He kept up his soft tone but didn't move. It was best that way. "Do I get to know your name, too?" He doubted he'd get their name so easily, and only as the realization hit the glowing person that their hair was wet. Behind Keiji, Erlon looked around for anyone in the forest. As he was loyal to Keiji, Erlon felt the need to protect him from harm.

Keiji would have answered the other questions the girl (or boy maybe?) had, but he had suddenly started screaming. He would have stayed planted on that spot, but Bruno had just come back through the forest. Keiji tore the letter off his spear and, reading it quickly, realized that he was going to have to wait a bit longer. The one in front of him had just began to seep with some strange fluid like material, surrounding themself and the small vicinity. Although he was tempted to, he didn't touched it, but rather, he waited. When all of the 'stuff' became with the figure and they had fallen back into a deep slumber, Keiji got up.

"Erlon, please pick them up now and follow Bruno and I." As Erlon now held the figure in his arms bridal style, Keiji spoke to Bruno next. "Lead us back to the camp now." He waited for Bruno's rumble and the three set off with Erlon holding their mystery person. It didn't take long to reach the camp, and everything had gone back to normal. Keiji thanked Bruno and dismissed him before tucking his picture back into the book. He and Erlon trudged further until they met with Patrick at the fire, and luckily for Keiji, his coffee had not quite finished yet. "I'm back Patrick." He say down next to his guardian with crossed legs. "I found this person in the forest and I couldn't leave them there, so I took them back with me. That's why I was out longer than I should have." He knew Patrick would not be happy with him.

NyxDarling NyxDarling Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish @Others

Jackson leaned against the tree with his gas mask helmet next to him while he took another sip when he heard a commotion. Looking up he noticed Snow looking at him funny for more than a second before Sera came back with yet another woman to the campfire so that the women began to out number the men. Although just a little bit ago it was just him and Sera, ~Wait, why am I thinking about that?~ Shaking his head as if to get rid of those thoughts, he then turned to see Sera look at him as well. ~This is probably the first time any of them have seen me without a mask, must be a shock to them huh?~ More and more people came over by the fire and Patrick's charge found his way over to the fire with yet another person. ~Sera wouldn't probably say no, I don't think she can. Why am I still thinking about her?~ Of course, that train of thought was thankfully replaced as Snow sat next to Lucas resulting in a curious glance from Jackson. Lucas did want to speak in private after all so maybe they're talking about something? Given that a lot of people were suddenly by the fire, Jackson decided that he'd had enough spirits and capped his flask and put it away within his coat.
Syphe Syphe littleberry littleberry Kiroshiven Kiroshiven NyxDarling NyxDarling Tyra Tyra Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back