• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
I'm interested in this RP idea. I'm getting metro/darkest dungeon vibes. I'll likely go with an Earth affinity, or whatever is not taken. I'm not too picky. The pictures are fine, but what really grabbed me is the plot idea.

I've never GM a group RP, so I wouldn't know how to run it properly, but as long as you keep the concept consistent, it should be fine. My only thing is that I wouldn't recommend having a lot of roleplayers (More than 6 typically) because it gets difficult to track everything, and may make it harder to allow character development between other characters.

I'm interested in this RP idea. I'm getting metro/darkest dungeon vibes. I'll likely go with an Earth affinity, or whatever is not taken. I'm not too picky. The pictures are fine, but what really grabbed me is the plot idea.

I've never GM a group RP, so I wouldn't know how to run it properly, but as long as you keep the concept consistent, it should be fine. My only thing is that I wouldn't recommend having a lot of roleplayers (More than 6 typically) because it gets difficult to track everything, and may make it harder to allow character development between other characters.

I'm glad you're interested. This is an idea I've had for awhile, but it could be polished a little I suppose. This is one of those role-plays I really see having the potential to last for awhile.

And yeah, I don't think managing a role-play will be too hard or at least I hope not :)
But thanks for the tip, I'll probably only accept about 5-6 members then, if thats the case

I'm glad you're interested. This is an idea I've had for awhile, but it could be polished a little I suppose. This is one of those role-plays I really see having the potential to last for awhile.

And yeah, I don't think managing a role-play will be too hard or at least I hope not :)
But thanks for the tip, I'll probably only accept about 5-6 members then, if thats the case

You're welcome. For some reason I didn't get a notification/alert, even though I'm watching the thread.

It's a good idea, and hopefully it'll gather more interest for it to begin. The only dilemma I see is that it's a very niche idea that'll be hard to find people if you don't have any prior connections with other roleplayers on the site. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone to recommend this RP to.

I don't mind a lot of roleplayers, it's just the problem I see with the big ones. Mostly depends on the GM, you'll have to devote more of your time to it.

Edit: I guess you could change the title to your line summary, or add that to the RP's title.

Example: The Cyntra (A dark, horror, fantasy, survival, village building role-play.)

or

Example 2: A dark, horror, fantasy, survival, village building role-play.

Donut Fret Donut Fret Oh wow, thanks for being super nice. But yeah I'm apart of a couple different roleplays now and I can see that the more people isn't always better. Thanks for all the tips. I definitely want to add more lore and information so things don't seem as shallow, if we can get another person or two I'll add the CS and lore page and we can get started :3

Hi, another person here. This seems pretty interesting!

Edit: As for affinity, would something like being able to make small pocket dimensions be transformation or forbidden? For example, I was thinking of making a character who uses a handy pouch as a medium to open up a larger space that can store a lot more than a normal pouch can. I guess it could be considered as a form of space magic?

Last edited:
hi and congrats on your first roleplay idea! this is an interesting one for sure, you don't see that many fantasy/horror hybrids around these parts.

there's a lot of potential here, and i'd be interested in joining if i don't have too many other rps on my plate at the time it starts. i'd probably go for shadow affinity and/or maybe a forbidden affinity cuz i tend to like playing the darker types, hah. i don't rp romance tho, so if love and kids are 100% required i don't think i could join.

now i've been rping since i was about 10 or 11 (so a little over half a decade) and have run a few rps on here (some more successful than others) so if there's anything rp-related you'd like to discuss then feel free to pm me and i'll try my best to help. keep in mind while rp is familiar to me that i'm hardly an expert, so don't expect a brilliant wizard of a mentor lol.

from my experience 5-8 players is about ideal for a group of this genre, but i wouldn't go above 8 at most unless you have a co-gm as those rps and get fast-paced and crazy fairly quick.

anyway, good luck and keep me updated if this goes ahead.

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon The space magic you're referring to could be classified as either transformation or forbidden magic. For the transformation route, you'll be looking at taking in the light particles around you and transforming them into rifts that can dub as your own person dimensions, like for storing stuff. And the forbidden route, if you wanted to chose another affinity like water or something, could work too. Just make your forbidden power the ability to create portals to alternate dimensions, like how the Cyntra were brought into the world. But it would be later in the story before we discover what and how forbidden magic is and works, so it'd be awhile into the story before you could get your own pocket space. Up to you though :3

spookie spookie Thanks so, so much c:

I have a lot planned and I wouldn't be against the idea of having a co-gm if someone wants to volunteer and has more experience that would be awesome just PM me. But as far as romance goes, I was thinking more along the lines of NPC lovers that isn't really apart of the main story. Of course it isn't required, any and everyone can do as they please, but if thats what someone wants to do, the option is there and definitely not a necessity.

Understood, hmm... since that kind of stuff is extremely rare, I think I'm going to just stick with the usual affinities. Since the village is only 180 people, seems a bit odd to have rare, legendary, or forbidden magic around. I like the challenge of being not powerful at the start of RPs. Think I'll go with wind.

I'm going to hold off on the CS until the rest of the lore come out. Don't want to type something contradictory to the lore that you have in mind. Plus, I'd like to learn a bit more about the world/setting/village too.

Edit: What's the general lifestyle like in the village? Is it like the medieval times? Or are there some modern aspects?

Last edited:
I'm interested! Thinking of making a hunter character. Because if these things can rip a human in half with ease, it seems the best waynto deal with them is from a distance, preferably from an advantageous position and with plenty of traps in between them and you.

Hello i'm interested!

Edit: Thinking of making a rogue character.

As for affinity i'm thinking of shadow. I can already think of scenarios where I can use it effectively. Though i'm wondering if that's alright since it is a rare affinity and I wouldn't want to appear op or something lol.

Edit2: didn't notice that someone already chose the shadow affinity so I'll probably pick water rn

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back