• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy THE CULLING [Low Fantasy RP Darkest Dungeon Inspired]

SadistPoet

Ippen, Shinde Miru?
The Culling Interest Thread

- Useful Links -
Discord

Character Sheets
The Plot

In a world who's true name has been forgotten to time and who's Apocalypse had happened so many eons ago that life simply is as it is. There are no memories of "before" and there's no hope for an "after"... well unless you accept the offer.

Of what land you came from, of what family you hail from, and whatever other
status you feel entitled to... it doesn't matter. All will be judged the same under The Culling, a once in a life-time opportunity. Some call it a deal from the devil, others call it a trial by god, and the desperate call it hope. Some receive the call in their dreams, others receive an occult smoldering letter, and others are visited. The point is that the medium for the offer is different for all, but the result is all the same.

They all end up on an island far away on the steps of an enormous estate that expands a massive distance with countless rooms and decedent pleasures. It spans deep into the ground abandoning it's desolate noble appearance and warps into an... unspeakable nightmare.

Luckily you will not be the first. Many have set-up camp around the estate offering many services. Some have raided the plentiful halls (and seemingly endless) stores of the estate and sell weaponry, others find metals on the island to forge their own weapons. Many shelters are committed to healing both physical and spiritual ailments (the reliability is questionable). Whilst one may find some simply offering a good time through gambling halls and brothels.

Some spend their sentence to the culling rotting away never to venture inside to face the horrors. Others venture in hoping for a way out whilst many others will fall into delusions of grandeur and attempt to claim the estate for themselves. None have succeed and all eventually fall... but will that stop you?

The Setting

The Culling takes place in an undefined post-apocalyptic low-fantasy world. Low-fantasy has many definitions but my definition is very simple.

• No Demi-Human races (Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves ect)
  • Magic is rare and comes at a grave cost
  • Very grounded and vulnerable characters (weaknesses, strengths)
As for the actual technological level of the world. Anything that does not exceed 1800's era technology is fair game. The world outside of the estate is a fractured and a dangerous one, societies have begun to progress in isolated pockets. It is not unheard of to have a tribe of savage bronze-age barbarians raid a small Victorian era settlement. The outside world is left intentionally loose and players are free to craft the stories and world as they see fit (within reason).

As for the actual estate. It's on a large island in the middle of some ocean, the weather is temperate year round and the inhabitants are not even sure if they are on the same world anymore. The inside of the estate is poorly mapped out, very few expeditions make it very far outside of the few relatively safe areas. Many horrors are within from master-less golems, undead, and the occasional vampire. In the lower layers of the estate things get more.... intangible and horrific.

Rules

The rules for this role-play follow the standard ones everyone should know (no mary sues, no griefing, ect) I am looking a semi-casual (2 paragraphs or so) to detailed role-play. I wish for characters to try and form bonds together in between expeditions and during expeditions.

We will take turns leading expeditions into the estate creating new horrors for each-other to face acting as a "Co-GM" of sorts. One player may have us face down a hoard of zombies and another player may have us face down a terrifying monster of their own creation. However, it's important to remember that we are making a collaborative story so everyone can throw their two-cents into expeditions. (Just don't overshadow the person who is Co-GMing the expedition)

So yeah if your interested post here or drop by the discord for a chat. I'm always looking for help and advice and I'm open to it. Thank you for reading this far and I hope you join. :)

Last edited:
Interested. Can Co-Gm like a devil and familiar with source material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back