• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Cofee Pot Café (closed)

"The same, please!" said Anna, sitting back on the stool. Her feet dangled a few inches off the floor. "Don't worry, I'm old enough to drink." she grinned at Quynn showing fangs, "I'm a three hundred-year old vampire-that's still young, by the way."

@Musical Dragon

As she finished pouring a customer a cup of water, when the prince started choking. Freya inhaled sharply and left her post to see if he needed assistance. Seeing as he was alright she turned around to leave, but he tripped and fell again and couldn't seem to get up. Freya started getting worried. Maybe he is poisoned, she thought.

"Are you alright sir? Can you stand?" She asked him offering her hand.

@Zer0

The Missing Stallion

The elven prince grabbed Freya's hand and stood up shakily, trying to balance himself on his two feet like a baby who didn't know how to walk. "I, uh . . ." hesitated the elf, "Just-just tired, that's all." he leaned on Freya for support. "Could you take me to the stables-I mean, to a quiet lonely place in the garden far away from people?"

He looked around anxiously at the customers who were staring and muttering.

@Garnet

Freya's eyes shifted around the whispering crowd watching the two intently. The prince stood up, shaking and trying to balance himself. He is definitely not alright, she thought, hoisting him on to his feet. Seeing all the glaring eyes of the public, she silently agreed with him about moving to a quieter place. Draping his arm across her shoulder, Freya headed towards the garden lounge. Surveying the area, she spotted a quiet table slightly hidden in the trees. She walked over to it, half dragging the prince with her.

"Sir are you sure you're alright?" She asked helping him into a seat. Without him noticing, she took his pulse. It was fairly normal for an elf. Maybe he is just tired. She thought. Looking at his rather distressed face again, she realized it was probably best to get him a cup of water.

"I'll get something for you to drink." She said, "I would advice you not to get up until you are feeling better." She added, turning around and walking back to the cafe.

@Zer0

The Missing Stallion

"Er, right . . ." said the elf, glancing around nervously. "Also, please don't tell my companions I'm here. I just . . . want some quiet time."

After Freya had left, the elf gave a loud sigh of relief.

"If he's in my body, and I'm in his . . ." he muttered to himself, "then I'm good as found . . . Ugh, that witch, this wasn't what I wanted . . ." he looked around the garden. It was peaceful and quiet with a few birds bathing in a mossy fountain.

He sighed. "Well, might as well have fun for as long as this lasts . . ."

@Garnet

Meanwhile in an alley at the back of Madam Mystique's shop, Snowfire was stirring awake.

'Urgh . . .' the elven prince tried to say groggily, but what came out of his mouth was a whinny. 'Where am I?', his mouth moved, but what came out was a neigh. Then he saw his hooves.

'What?!' he sat up and gave a terrified horse snort. 'I'm-I'm Snowfire!' He looked around wildly for help, but there was no one in the alley.

He stood up, but fell. He wasn't used to walking on hooves. 'Help!' he tried to call, but what came out was a loud horse cry. 'How does that horse manage to speak?' he thought to himself, bewildered.

Freya quickly returned to the prince who was thankfully still alive. She carefully placed a coaster and a cup of water on the table in front of him. She noticed he was looking more relaxed, but still a bit paranoid.

"Sir, perhaps you should retire to your accommodation for the day. Unless of course, you think otherwise, it is merely my opinion. If you wish to stay, that is your decision." She said, carefully.

"I should return to my post. Have a great day sir." Nodding a farewell, Freya hurried back to the bar.

@Zer0

The Missing Stallion

The elven prince rummaged around his pockets and placed a dozen gems on the table. "Call everyone who isn't busy. I want to order one of each dish from the menu including desert, eat a twenty-foot tall chocolate birthday cake, watch a classic play in the garden while being massaged, and . . . " he snickered, "I want you to call a barber to give me the most ridiculous haircut he can think of."

@Garnet

Lilura blinked and nodded. The prince was fine now, and she needed to work. She stuffed her wand into the pocket on the front of her apron and took out a notebook and pen. She put on her smile, brushed her hair out of her face, and stepped out into the tables, looking for somebody to serve. The prince out back seemed to be wanting something, so she made her way over to him.

Host Quynn Zelphar:

Quynn hid his surprise behind a well-sculpted mask. A 300-year-old vampire? Why not? "Not to fear - I too am much older than I look." Of course, he wasn't yet 200, but it wouldn't do to make the girl feel old.

He waved the waitress over - a good-looking girl with black curly hair - and ordered two vodkas. He wasn't sure of the waitress' name, but from the way she scanned the room, she obviously worked here. Another person to introduce myself to later, Quynn thought.

"Now you asked two questions, but I shall answer in one story that began many years ago..." He settled onto the stool, his eyes focused on something far away as his voice took on a storyteller's tone.

"Far from here, in lands uncharted by mortals, lies the Dark Forest. Many dangerous creatures live there, the dark magic that fills the forest is pumped through them like blood. But in the center of the Dark Forest lies an elven kingdom. The elves there are filled with dark magic, their hair and eyes dark like the trees. Despite the darkness, the elven people built a great kingdom, carrying out justice and upholding peace.

"For over a thousand years, the Great King Wrigoth ruled in the Dark Forest. He had six sons and a one daughter, his youngest. While his sons all looked as he did with dark hair and eyes, his daughter was filled with light and had hair as white as a unicorn. And he called her Marielle.

"Wrigoth trained his eldest son to rise to the throne at his death. His second son he trained to be the first's adviser, and the third his general. And the family and the kingdom was at peace for many years.

"But one day, the peace was broken. As the three eldest sons and Marielle walked through the royal gardens, Marielle was overcome by darkness. She shot darkness into the second son, overwhelming him, before lashing out at the first son, killing him instantly. The third son tried to stop Marielle, but she was too strong, and struck him across the face. Yet as he fell, he reached out a hand, absorbing Marielle's darkness. She collapsed, completely drained, and when she awoke, she remembered nothing. The second son never recovered from the darkness and was driven insane, leaving the third son the only witness. To protect his sister, the third son claimed responsibility for the murder, accepting banishment as punishment. And he never went home."

As the silence stretched out, Quynn smiled sadly at Anna. "And that's the story. Probably a little more than you bargained for." He swallowed the vodka in one gulp, using the time to pull himself together. He hated to bring down the mood with that story, but she had asked. And now she knows what she getting into.

@Zer0 @SecretRock

Home... The word brought sudden longing, making Quynn smile ruefully. "I'm not sure I ever will. Certainly not in the next century." His banishment was magically enforced, and to return meant death. His only hope was having the banishment lifted. But what could do that, Quynn didn't know. His father had lost three heirs in one day, and couldn't forgive his son for that. And Quynn swore that his father would never find the truth. It would break his father's heart if his only daughter and the light of his life was found to be a murderer. And for that reason, Quynn was able to live with his banishment. Or at least for now. In a few hundred years, though, things could change.

Quynn smiled. "But hey - I always wanted to see the world! Humans are so fascinating... They achieve so much in their short lives." Having nicely changed the topic, Quynn felt a little better as he focused on the good parts of his banishment. And this new job provided the perfect chance to observe other species. All so different...

@Zer0

Zer0 said:
The gunslinger grunted and his shotgun arm clinked and whirred back into a mechanical arm. "In that case, I'll have some firewhisky." he told Owen.
The other guests were relieved that it wasn't poisoning, but they still continued to look oddly at the elven prince. They had never seen a prince act so undignified.

@Farathorn
"One firewhisky, coming right up," Owen said.

He reached under the counter, withdrawing a bottle of orange-yellow liquid. He poured a glass and slid it toward the gunslinger.

"Here you are." He put the bottle back, glancing to his left to see if any other customers needed a drink.

"If I may notice," he said as he turned back toward the well-armed patron, "you seem a little nervous. Anything bothering you today?"

"That's true," said Anna, smiling, "Is that why you decided to work in a café? Although, wouldn't it have been better to be a traveler or a courier? They get to go to so many places."

@Musical Dragon

Last edited by a moderator:
"Actually, I'm looking for a man . . ." said the gunslinger. He took out a crumpled newspaper clipping from his jacket, smoothed it out, and showed it to Owen.

It was a clipping from a few months ago. The headline said,

Meteor Mine in the Lazuli Ocean

Following the crash of a colossal black meteor, Mr. Preed, a sea merchant from Osgiliath has begun mining a precious metal embedded in the meteor after discovering its amazing affinity to enchantments. "Preed Ore", as Mr. Preed is calling it, readily bonds with magic allowing warlocks to forge weapons around forty runes more powerful than arms made from the standard steel and crystal. Mr. Preed has claimed all rights to the ore . . ."

The article went on. In the photo was a big man with an impressive beard dressed in fine merchant clothes sitting on a poufy chintz armchair, standing on either side of him were two body guards, and one of them, a woman, looked like Owen's younger sister, although she looked older now.

"Mr. Preed is looking for mercenaries." said the gunslinger. "His shipping them off to protect the mine." he pulled the clipping out of Owen's hands. "Pollution, I think, is attracting giant monsters. Anyway, he's paying big money and I missed the last trip to the mine. Word was he was still in the city, I was hoping maybe I could convince him to hire me."

@Farathorn

Lilira noted down Quynn's order despite no need for her to, and told him that it would arrive shortly, hearing the start of his story before the noise of the café covered it. She quickly walked to the bar then, looking around and seeing that Owen and Freya were busy, she stepped behind the bar, pulling out two glasses and searching for the bottle containing vodka. After looking over the shelves and in a cupboard she gave up and leaned over the counter.

"Sorry to interrupt, Owen, but where's the vodka?" She asked the bartender, giving a smile to him and to the gunslinger he was talking to.

Host Quynn Zelphar

Quynn smiled at her suggestion. "Two very viable options, if I had the money. But a constant job with decent pay - it was hard to pass up. Plus, the people all come to me here!" He laughed, showing perfect white teeth.

What he didn't mention was that getting a job wasn't easy when he didn't know what his skill set was. Or atleast a skill set that didn't involve battling. His father had trained him to be a fighter, a leader, and a survivor. Not the kind of person who became a waiter or store manager. Or a murderer.

@Zer0

Madame's Arrival

There was a commotion in the garden lounge. Some customers were exclaiming delightedly and pointing up at the sky. Nine silhouettes of people riding magic carpets grew bigger and bigger as they glided down into the open grass.

Madame stepped down gracefully from an exquisite exotic desert rug which bent to form make-shift steps to the applause of the customers outside. She was followed by eight people with wind-swept hair wearing café employee clothes.

These other people were the ones who interviewed the new employees and showed them around the shop when they first arrived. They were:

The host twins Ethan and Evan,

latest

Lysle, a Host,
art-036.jpg

Hazel, a Hostess

latest

Soma, a Waiter

latest

Elena, a Waitress

latest

Roy, a Bartender

Atelier-Escha-and-Logy-april-3.jpg

Nessy, an Assistant Chef

A15_Katla.jpg

And Michael, an Errand Boy.

latest

The eight were laden with bags and stacks of other magic carpets. They bowed at the clapping audience, then went inside the backdoor of the kitchen where they placed the carpets down a corner and with a quick fix of their hairs and clothes, went inside the main hall and got to work asking the new employees about the recent events in the café.

Meanwhile, Madame was entertaining guests in the garden who have gathered around to hear where she had been.

"We were on our way here after shopping for magic carpets in the Sonoran desert," said Madame conjuring a poufy arm chair out of nowhere and sitting down, "but alas, we were caught in a manna storm when we were flying over the Outlands. Is everyone having fun?"

The crowd murmured something about a visiting Elven Prince who had acted odd earlier and told her he was resting over yonder behind some trees being pampered by the café employees.

"As long as he is fine, there is nothing to worry about. Please, my friends, enjoy your drinks and continue your meals, I must attend to the café."

With that her arm chair vanished and she strode inside.

SecretRock said:
Lilira noted down Quynn's order despite no need for her to, and told him that it would arrive shortly, hearing the start of his story before the noise of the café covered it. She quickly walked to the bar then, looking around and seeing that Owen and Freya were busy, she stepped behind the bar, pulling out two glasses and searching for the bottle containing vodka. After looking over the shelves and in a cupboard she gave up and leaned over the counter.
"Sorry to interrupt, Owen, but where's the vodka?" She asked the bartender, giving a smile to him and to the gunslinger he was talking to.
@Farathorn

Host Quynn Zelphar

Before Anna could reply, a commotion at the entrance ended the conversation. Ah, the Madam is here. Quynn knew her from reputation only, but he recognized her companions - four of them had been the ones to hire Quynn in the first place. Their arrival explained why all the employees he'd met thus far had been inexperienced. Their business must have been pretty important to have missed opening night.

As the staff got to work unloading the magic carpet, Quynn excused himself from Anna, promising to stop by later. He caught up with the other hosts at the bar. There were four in total - twins, plus a blonde man and a white-haired woman. For once Quynn was actually a bit hesitant, seeing the group as his superiors, even if they now all shared a job title. It would take time for him to feel comfortable with them, as they all exuded confidence.

"Glad to see you all back," Quynn said pleasantly. "How was the trip?"

@Zer0

Zer0 said:
"Actually, I'm looking for a man . . ." said the gunslinger. He took out a crumpled newspaper clipping from his jacket, smoothed it out, and showed it to Owen.
It was a clipping from a few months ago. The headline said,

Meteor Mine in the Lazuli Ocean

Following the crash of a colossal black meteor, Mr. Preed, a sea merchant from Osgiliath has begun mining a precious metal embedded in the meteor after discovering its amazing affinity to enchantments. "Preed Ore", as Mr. Preed is calling it, readily bonds with magic allowing warlocks to forge weapons around forty runes more powerful than arms made from the standard steel and crystal. Mr. Preed has claimed all rights to the ore . . ."

The article went on. In the photo was a big man with an impressive beard dressed in fine merchant clothes sitting on a poufy chintz armchair, standing on either side of him were two body guards, and one of them, a woman, looked like Owen's younger sister, although she looked older now.

"Mr. Preed is looking for mercenaries." said the gunslinger. "His shipping them off to protect the mine." he pulled the clipping out of Owen's hands. "Pollution, I think, is attracting giant monsters. Anyway, he's paying big money and I missed the last trip to the mine. Word was he was still in the city, I was hoping maybe I could convince him to hire me."

@Farathorn
"Oh, wow," said Owen, scanning the article. "I'm surprised I hadn't heard about this."

He looked around the room of bizarre characters.

"I'll be sure to remember it, though, if someone's looking for this kind of work."

SecretRock said:
Engrossed in his conversation with the gunslinger, Owen took a moment to notice Lilira.

"Ah, sure," he said as he glanced up at her. "One moment."

He opened a cabinet and pulled out a tall, clear bottle, which he set on the counter for the waitress.

"There you go."

"It was exciting, Quynn!" said Ethan and Evan smoothly together, they each had an arm around the other and were standing exactly like mirror images of the other, except for their hair.

"It was dreadful." said Hazel in a monotone, passing them by.

"Get back to work." snapped Soma irritably, also walking by. He was already carrying trays of food to a table.

"Ah, Quynn!" said Lysle heartily, stepping in front of the twins and shaking his hand pompously. It felt like shaking the hand of a mayor. "How was your first morning? Did you get any customers?"

The twins looked irritated. "His majesty here was acting like a scared little girl during the manna storm." smirked Ethan, resting an elbow on Lysle' s shoulder.

"So were you." said Evan pointedly.

Some girls nearby overheard the conversation. "It's a good thing none of you got hurt." said one of them; "Were you really scared, Ethan?"

Evan pulled his brother to him like a ball dancer would. "He wouldn't stop holding my hand." he said dramatically.

"It's true . . ." said Ethan in a defeated voice that fooled no one except the girls. "I'm glad you were there, Evan." he cupped his brother's face.

"I will always be here for you Ethan." said Evan holding his brother's hand.

The girls squealed in delight.

@Musical Dragon

Zer0 said:
"It was exciting, Quynn!" said Ethan and Evan smoothly together, they each had an arm around the other and were standing exactly like mirror images of the other, except for their hair.
"It was dreadful." said Hazel in a monotone, passing them by.

"Get back to work." snapped Soma irritably, also walking by. He was already carrying trays of food to a table.

"Ah, Quynn!" said Lysle heartily, stepping in front of the twins and shaking his hand pompously. It felt like shaking the hand of a mayor. "How was your first morning? Did you get any customers?"

The twins looked irritated. "His majesty here was acting like a scared little girl during the manna storm." smirked Ethan, resting an elbow on Lysle' s shoulder.

"So were you." said Evan pointedly.

Some girls nearby overheard the conversation. "It's a good thing none of you got hurt." said one of them; "Were you really scared, Ethan?"

Evan pulled his brother to him like a ball dancer would. "He wouldn't stop holding my hand." he said dramatically.

"It's true . . ." said Ethan in a defeated voice that fooled no one except the girls. "I'm glad you were there, Evan." he cupped his brother's face.

"I will always be here for you Ethan." said Evan holding his brother's hand.

The girls squealed in delight.

@Musical Dragon
As Anderson watched the new hosts aand he remembered that these were the times Anderson was happy he didn't have stomach or else he would be throwing up. Anderson walked away to somewhere else no exact destination in mind. He strode into the Cafe section and saw Madame, He greeted her with a tip of his hat "Ah! Madame I didn't know you had returned. Did you just arrive?" Anderson liked to think that he and Madame were friends having worked with her for so long

"So uh did you bring the thing?"
Anderson rubbed his head, god he hated to have ask her to bring him spare parts and Christ did it make him he feel old, he's only eighty years old and he's already falling apart! he supposed to function for at least twenty years more

"Yes, Anderson." said Madame tilting her head in greeting, "You'll find them in a red chest in your room in the Common Lodge."

She bent over and whispered, "There is an elven prince who is having his head shaved in the garden. Is he alright?"

@billthesomething

The Missing Stallion

Back in the garden where Freya had taken the prince, the elf was sitting on a throne-like chair with a feast laid out before him, and was wolfing down the food while being fanned by some errand-girls, and having his hair cut in the most wacky way by a warlock who was trying to make him sit still.

Some of the employees had quickly set up a stage where they re-enacted some well known classical plays, although making some parts up.

Zer0 said:
"Yes, Anderson." said Madame tilting her head in greeting, "You'll find them in a red chest in your room in the Common Lodge."
She bent over and whispered, "There is an elven prince who is having his head shaved in the garden. Is he alright?"

@billthesomething

The Missing Stallion

Back in the garden where Freya had taken the prince, the elf was sitting on a throne-like chair with a feast laid out before him, and was wolfing down the food while being fanned by some errand-girls, and having his hair cut in the most wacky way by a warlock who was trying to make him sit still.

Some of the employees had quickly set up a stage where they re-enacted some well known classical plays, although making some parts up.
Anderson tipped his hat in appriciation then turned to where Madam was looking, a bit bewildered at the sight of the prince's hair "I honestly don't know, but the cat was chocking on some food earlier. so it is possible that his highness has a new leash on life. But he did act mighty strange earlier, he said something about being human." He trailed off and gave Madam a suspicious look "That's not the prince. is it?"

The Missing Stallion

"He is Prince Green Leaf of the Green Leaf Woods." said Madame. "But he is not acting himself. . ."

Somewhere behind them, one of the twins spurted out his drink, laughing. "So he's Green Leaf from Green Leaf?" sniggered Evan.

"It's like that werewolf, Moon-Moon." snickered Ethan.

Madame gave them a pointed look that made the two go back to work, still stifling their laughs.

Just then, one of the prince's warlock companions entered the café looking around with a worried expression.

"Excuse me," she asked Anderson, "have you seen his highness anywhere? Someone has placed our friend Snowfire under some sort of spell!"

Outside the café there was a floating white horse tumbling in the air in place. One of the elf's companions was holding on to one end of a rope tied around Snowfire's hoofs like a balloon whick kept him from floating off. The horse looked glum and embarrassed.

@billthesomething

Users who are viewing this thread

Back