• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Cofee Pot Café (closed)

Making the Parade Float

"We're having a bit of a problem with the giant teapot." said Roy. "We lost the design for the pot and everyone is too busy to come up with something better than what we have here." he showed her a child's drawing of some squiggly flowers.

@LaDyGrEy

Zer0 said:
Hazel overheard Freya and Quinn's conversation and sat with her legs crossed on one of the bar stools beside the elf.
"The Summer Parade is the highlight of the summer festival," said Hazel, smiling at Quynn and the two ladies, "although they say it's the end-of-celebration fireworks competition at night that really draws the tourists.

"All the major schools, big merchant names, major guilds, and the royal family will have a float. We'll be making one ourselves next week . . . the theme is Mad Hatter Tea Party. The three of you should join in the stage performance on the float."

@Musical Dragon , @Garnet , @billthesomething
"I couldn't have explained it better myself" Aranya said with light giggle "Though i believe i will be handling it's floral arrangement though it's a maybe if i will be able to be a performer. But i am hundred percent that Anderson will be one of the performers" And speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Anderson entered the cafe having finished replacing his vocal cords and leg joints "Evening Folks Hopefully i am not interrupting anything" He said while sending the group a tip of his hat before setting himself in the middle of Aranya and Yong Wong "Freya give me some scotch on the rocks" @Garnet

Freya listened as Hazel explained the Parade Float. She was particularly interested by the Mad Hatter Tea Party, Alice in Wonderland was a personal favorite of hers. Unfortunately, she wasn't a very good actor so perhaps working behind the scenes would be a better option for her. She smiled as Anderson entered the cafe in his usual manner and asked for a scotch.

"Right away, Anderson." She said smiling. Reaching up to one of the higher shelves, Freya grabbed a bottle of scotch and poured it in a glass with three ice cubes. She put it on the counter along with a coaster.

"Glad to have you back Anderson."

@billthesomething

Garnet said:
Freya listened as Hazel explained the Parade Float. She was particularly interested by the Mad Hatter Tea Party, Alice in Wonderland was a personal favorite of hers. Unfortunately, she wasn't a very good actor so perhaps working behind the scenes would be a better option for her. She smiled as Anderson entered the cafe in his usual manner and asked for a scotch.
"Right away, Anderson." She said smiling. Reaching up to one of the higher shelves, Freya grabbed a bottle of scotch and poured it in a glass with three ice cubes. She put it on the counter along with a coaster.

"Glad to have you back Anderson."

@billthesomething
"It's good to be back, i just had take care of some business" Anderson took a sip of his scotch before asking "So you cats were talking about the Parade? Right?"

Avalon took the paper and sighed. "I'll be back within...ten minutes for the rough sketch but it'll take me at least half our to an our to get the details in," she muttered not caring if he heard or not.

"I'll get my book," Avalin turned to the closed Café and headed inside.

Walking up the stairs and into her room, Avalin moved towards her desk where her sketch pad was laying with it'so pencils next to it.

"Perhaps on the tables downstairs? " Avalin said to herself as she opened the large windows and jumped, she was bored today so this would be a bit of excitement and get her mind in the mood for drawiny. Swinging from a pole, she flipped in the air and softened her landing with a forwards role. A few onlookers cheered and she bowed.

"Come to the Coffee Pot Cafe!" She said before walking off, attracting customers for the day, check. Avalin smiled as she walked back to the Cafe, taking in the sights around her and jotting little ideas on her page.

Entering the cafe she saw Freya, Hazel and Anderson? Ignoring them as she was already in the zone, she settled at a table and begun her sketch. Her clothes becoming a bright white and gold as she did.

"Yup! Can't wait. The Mad Hatter theme certainty sounds exciting. Say Anderson, are you taking part in the stage performance?" Freya asked him curiously. It just seemed like something he would do, being an entertainer and all.

@billthesomething

Garnet said:
"Yup! Can't wait. The Mad Hatter theme certainty sounds exciting. Say Anderson, are you taking part in the stage performance?" Freya asked him curiously. It just seemed like something he would do, being an entertainer and all.
@billthesomething
Anderson Nodded "Yep that's the plan i think i'm supposed to be the March Hare and it's possible that Madam will be the Mad Hatter" Anderson took another sip of his scotch before continuing "Though that be up for debate"

"Ahh, fresh air."

Gen-Gen sighed in relief as she got out of the kitchen. The amount of steam in the kitchen could have made it a sauna...hmm, a sauna. Perhaps a sauna day would be great, she should run it by the madame. A sauna where fruits and cold drinks, cold meats, and cheeses would be served and eaten while people bathed and spoke with friends. Aside from that...she was taking a break. Maybe for half and hour, until she feels ready to go in and ventilate the area before she starts making the next set of meals, sweets, and drinks.

Taking a seat on an empty chair, she began to fan herself as she watched everyone do their thing. It was nice, the atmosphere right now.

Host Quynn Zelphar

"Mad Hatter - how nice," Quynn said, nodding. He'd read Alice in Wonderland a few times, and it was an interesting human tale, to be sure. "I'd love to help out. Who should I volunteer to?" he asked Hazel.

Sipping his tea, he smiled politely at Anderson. He listened quietly to Freya and his conversation, nodding in approval to Anderson's role. He wasn't quite sure why the robot referred to them as cats, but he let it slide. Humans had all types of strange customs.

"Will you sing as well as act?" Quynn asked the robot when a gap in the conversation.

@Zer0 @billthesomething @Garnet

"Well, what would you like to take part in first?" asked Hazel. "Would you like to perform on stage during the parade, or help with the float and costumes?"

@Musical Dragon

"No," chuckled Hazel. "It shall be the performer's own song, but in the end when we present ourselves in the city square we will all flutterwacken!"

@billthesomething

Last edited by a moderator:
Host Quynn Zelphar

"I wouldn't mind trying my hand at acting," Quynn said to Hazel. "But I'll do whatever you need." The chance to not only see a human parade but be in one was tempting indeed.

"And I'm sure you will do great," he added to Anderson. "It's quite impressive to be a singing robot." His brow furrowed as he realized he might have offended the robot. "Or do you prefer android?" There were neither back home, and Quynn had always struggled to tell the difference. "Either way you're quite the singer."

"When is the parade?" Quynn asked, returning his attention to Hazel.

@Zer0 @billthesomething

"of course i'll do great." Anderson then mulls over his question before answering "Both terms are correct, you can say that android is my gender due to my masculine build were i build with a much more feminine build then i would be called a gynoid. so i guess that robot would be my species " Anderson rubs his chin in thought "but if have to choose then i guess you can say i prefer robot. I think it's just a bit more catchier than singing android you know"

Host Quynn Zelphar

Quynn nodded as Anderson finished. "Fair enough," he said with a laugh. "Singing robot it is." The elf decided he liked Anderson quite a bit. Not only could he sing, he had a great sense of humor. When I understand what he says.

"His drink is on me," Quynn called to the barkeeper. "And I'd love a refill of this tea," he added, sliding his cup across the counter. When it was returned he held it to Anderson. "To the singing robot. Cheers."

Quynn turned back to Hazel. "I hate to seem clueless, but what is flutterwacken?" He'd been mulling the word over and couldn't place its meaning.

@Garnet @Zer0 @billthesomething

Last edited by a moderator:
"Three weeks from now." said Hazel, popping some peanuts. "And flutterwacken is a form of dance you can only accomplish by powerful magic. Madame will be doing the magic. It involves being able to spin your head and torso in place like a detached top." she said cheerfully.

@Musical Dragon

Touch Guest Yong Wong's Paw Pads!

"My, lord!" announced the twins together. They bowed and posed, exact mirror images of each other, presenting the pug warlord's gleaming armor and carrying a new pan of warm water and towels. "The armor has been cleaned and polished!"

"Allow us to pamper you in the garden, where we've prepared entertainment, masseurs and saki." said Ethan.

@billthesomething

Zer0 said:

"My, lord!" announced the twins together. They bowed and posed, exact mirror images of each other, presenting the pug warlord's gleaming armor and carrying a new pan of warm water and towels. "The armor has been cleaned and polished!"

"Allow us to pamper you in the garden, where we've prepared entertainment, masseurs and saki." said Ethan.

@billthesomething
Yong Wong inspected his armor before nodding having found the job to be satisfactory. "Very well" Yong was on to their little game now while he was always suspicious of the twins but not having smelled the polish on their hands confirmed his suspicion about the two though he did not now what their ulterior motive was "Show me to this garden" he will just have to wait and see

CoconutLeaves said:
"Ahh, fresh air."
Gen-Gen sighed in relief as she got out of the kitchen. The amount of steam in the kitchen could have made it a sauna...hmm, a sauna. Perhaps a sauna day would be great, she should run it by the madame. A sauna where fruits and cold drinks, cold meats, and cheeses would be served and eaten while people bathed and spoke with friends. Aside from that...she was taking a break. Maybe for half and hour, until she feels ready to go in and ventilate the area before she starts making the next set of meals, sweets, and drinks.

Taking a seat on an empty chair, she began to fan herself as she watched everyone do their thing. It was nice, the atmosphere right now.
Aranya looked to where the cook had seated herself "Gen why don't you come over and have seat among us?" Ara finished her tea and placed the empty cup on the counter "Freya is there anymore tea darling" @Garnet

The twins led the pug warlord to the garden where an empty clearing had been decorated to the likeness of outdoor oriental tea ceremonies, except an ebony recliner with large squashy red and gold pillows stood at the head of the assemblage.

Masseurs waited with heads bowed by the fancy recliner, while oriental entertainers who were actually the errand boys and girls of the café wearing costumes and make up, stood at the side with their props and what looked like a box full of colorful potions in vials and bottles of all kinds.

"Shall we wash your feet, my lord?" asked Ethan after Yong Wong was seated. Evan stood at the side with the basin.

@billthesomething

Users who are viewing this thread

Back