• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The City will Never be the Same

Shog

The Infinite Being
This RP takes place in [currently unnamed fictional city] on the west coast in the United States. It's a normal evening, until an explosion goes off and unknown energies and radiation flow over and through the buildings, finally dissipating a couple miles out of city limits. Authorities arrive at the origin of the explosion, an abandoned chemical storage facility, and find a disaster zone. Every surface was charred black and the three bodies found on site were beyond recognition. A large contraption in the center of the room was completely destroyed, some section even disintegrated. To this day, no one knows what happened in that room and only one body was identified.

That was over three months ago. No building was as harshly effected as that which the explosion originated, but some are still recovering. No traces of whatever flowed through the city remain. Most people are just moving on with their lives. It was just a freak incident and that's it. Well, that's what most people believed, anyway. Some people were deeply effected by the explosion on a molecular level. Some people were given powers seemingly straight from comic books. Some decide to use them for themselves. Others want to use them to help others. Some just feel caught in the crossfire. What about you? What will you do with your newfound powers?

So yeah, that's the basic premise. Now if you don't want powers but still want in on the action then go for it. Technology is slightly more advanced than what it is now, despite taking place in the same year, but not much more. Depending on how much time passes in game it can get even further. Regardless of the stance your character takes in the aftermath of the explosion, they should remain fairly unconnected from the event itself. Ideally, I want some shadow organization to have set off the explosion and then continue pulling strings behind the scenes. I don't quite know how I'm going to pull everyone with different views and morals together, so some advise would be much appreciated. Also, if you want to help name the city then go for it. If not them I'm just gonna come up with something fairly random. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Wild idea: A character that had cancer but then he becomes the cancer and can basically shapeshift but the fleshbeast kind not the animal kind because he can mutate his cells on a whim

To all that wish to join, just follow the link at the top of the page and make a character when ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back