• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Chronicles of the Ebon Embers

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Faldtis had already heard the scrape of several chairs being pushed back, and whirled around to see the four men, all reasonably burly from work at sea, approach with grim smiles. Faldtis backed up until he was standing next to Eskil.

"Why don't we deal with these bastards first, then we can have our little duel?" He asked, keeping his eyes on the men that approached. One, with a crooked nose, seemed to have his eyes on Faldtis. Without warning, crooked nose charged, shouting in a drunken slur as he wound up a punch that would have knocked Faldtis senseless. Stepping back, he let the man's own weight work against him as he punched the man in the gut as he stumbled, then pushed him back up on his feet to send him sprawling into a table with a right hook.

"Try not to spill any-" Faldtis' taunt was cut off as one of the man's large companions tackled him to the ground. Weighing considerably less, Faldtis hit the floor hard, with his assailant on top and swinging wildly. Faldtis' hand scanned the floor nearby to find something, anything, to get this drunken behemoth off of him. His hand suddenly clasped around a metal tankard, and grabbing the handle, he struck the man hard in the face with his new, makeshift weapon, all while the punches poured down. The other two fisherman ignored Faldtis and instead advanced on the dragonborn that wielded a chair leg like he was sparring with a student, not in a dingy dockside tavern fighting drunken fishermen.

Ikasia could not take that much idiocy anymore. Standing up, she silently approached one of the fishermen from behind. There was no way the men would notice her, the dragonborn however would see the white haired elf creep up behind them. Seemingly out of nowwhere, a hand had grabbed one of them by the neck. "I despise impolite idiots that think they can do whatever they want. You need a lesson.", she said. "Lesson one: Respect of women." With that, she swirled him around, using his head being pushed inside a nearby table rapidly. The sound of the impact wasn´t quite nice, but the man was still concious. "Women are not objects. Treat them with respect and you might some day witness what they have to offer." The man was somewhat limb in her grip, both due to the force on his neck and the recent trauma to his head. "Lesson two: Politeness." His head met the table a second time. "This is a public place. These two men were having a conversation and you were rude enough to interrupt." His eyes were open, but his body seemed unconcious already. "Lastly: Caution. Pick the people, on who´s bad side you get, wisely." A last time, his head met the table, before she threw his unconcious body to the floor. "Excuse my interference, i had personal matters to clear with this man.", she told Faldtis and Eskil. Bowing slightly in apology, she looked at them, as if waiting for a statement on the matter.

ShakinMcBacon ShakinMcBacon Pryno Pryno

Grey watched the woman produce another coin. Either she was familiar with alchemy or could sense that it was not enough to cover the cost. Grey was stunned however when a gold coin jingled on her countertop. Picking it up, gold not being something she had seen since her time in the Promise of Courage. Before she could insist that this was far too much the woman slipped out. Grey stared at the door now curious who in the world she just served. She stuffed the coin away in one of her drawers, she would need to go break it later. Sighing she looked at the fever medicine she had finished. It would be enough for today, she just need to make sure she had enough before winter came.

Checking her pockets, she fished out a fist full of copper and a couple of silver. “that will do.” She cooed to herself. Heading around her counter she stepped out of her home. Locking the door behind her, she wandered towards the bar. It was a rare occasion that Grey went to the bar. She had a hard time loosening up enough to drink. The idea that someone could need her, and she would be drunk weighed heavily on her. not today though. today grey was in a chipper mood, though it would be hard to tell since she always looked so stoic.

This good mood did not last long though. pushing the heavy bar door open she was greeted by what was growing into a veritable brawl. Stepping in her eyes became cold as she stared into the room taking the scene in. There was a hush that slowly came over the room as more and more of the locals realized Grey had just arrived. They knew that Grey disliked barfights. They always ended up with someone injured to the point that she had to get involved, and Grey usually would turn away anyone hurt in a barfight leaving them to suffer. They kept their heads down hoping not to get dragged in.

She scanned the room. There were several faces she had not seen. Not too unusual for a port town but most of these people looked a bit too armed to be just random wanderers. Highwaymen? Mercenaries? Perhaps a couple small groups of rouges? She couldn’t tell precisely if all of them were together of if it was just a bad day here. She did know though that she didn’t stand a chance against a few of them, and the others she couldn’t afford the damage a win would gain her. her time as a mercenary gave her some ability to size up her opponents. It was a pity the sailors didn’t know how outclassed they were.

She scanned the fishermen who were already down, a couple unconscious but not too injured, one of which was at the feet of Ikasia. She knew the elf, having treated her wounds before. she didn’t seem the bar fight type. Grey cocked her head just a bit at that image before noticing the man badly beaten near the dark elf and dragonkin. She closed her eyes for just a moment swallowing her fury. She was an expert at keeping a level head.

Calm and collected Grey went to the injured man on the ground. He was semi-conscious still, which was a good sign. Grey rolled him on his back, ignoring the fighting around her entirely, none of the sailors would even attempt to try something against Grey. Her hands worked quickly pressing on his ribs and feeling for anything unusual. The man looked pained by this, but Grey was callous to it. Satisfied he wouldn’t die, she rolled him on his side so if he threw up he wouldn’t drown in it. She stood stepping over the man leaning in to the bartender, motioning to him to come close.

There is a short exchange of words between them in quiet tones. Grey had him tell her what had happened there. Nodding a couple of times she now understood. It certainly explained why Ikasia had gotten involved. Standing normally, she stared at the bartender for a moment, the man almost seemed to be sweating from the silver pools piercing him. She pointed at a bottle of fortified wine. “two glasses.” She stated to him laying one silver on the counter. When the bartender turned around she went to the two sailors at the far end of the bar from the fighting. “move.” She demanded the men much obliged to do so joined some others at one of the tables. Picking up one of the glasses she waved it at Ikasia, “join me,” she set the glass in front of the seat beside her. “I’m drinking tonight even if every soul in here decides to get themselves killed.” She said to Ikasia, but more so as a warning to the others that they would not be getting any treatment.

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof

Continuing to avoid confrontation, Reid thought it might be best to leave. He let go of the handle of the knife, and started towards the door, walking past dozens of men either on the ground, or about to be.

(inb4 i get berated for having a short post)

At the dark elf’s proposition, Eskil reajusted his fighting position. It was going to get interesting.

- I was hoping you’d say that.

Half of the men decided to take on Faldtis. The third one was slowly ambushed from behind by one of the ladies. At the sight of Ikasia, he discretly nod. It was always a pleasure to share, especially considering what he said to him. That meant there was only one left for the dragonborn, the biggest one. Looks like a boss fight. The fisherman, for the first move, decided to lift a table.

- You remind me of the guy with whom I slept on a night like this. With less brain.

The dragonborn ducked from the wooden projectile and rolled behind the titan. He then propulsed himself, pushing himself from the ground to hit his opponent’s nuts with the momentum. He hit a few times, feinted, dodged a strike, swiped the giant’s feets with the impulse and striked at the back. While the fisherman tried to charge, he disengaged, jumped on another table and processed to execute an aerial attack, aiming for the head. After this final strike, the giant collapsed.

Panting, he gazed at one of the other customers, a healer maybe, that examined another fisherman. The other young man that nodded at him a moment ago seemed to retreat. Yes, he was probably not going to last long with this job. He snapped out of it when Ikasia talked to him.

- No problem. I saw him talk to you earlier. He was rude, sexist and stupid.

He extended his hand.

- You’re pretty good at this. What’s your name?

The healer invited the lady to join her, giving him an implicit warning. Oh well. He knew how to take care of himself anyway.

With one last strike, the fisherman collapsed to the side, the tankard now thoroughly bloodied and slightly deformed. Faldtis groaned as he sat up, placing a hand on a table for support as he pulled himself to his feet slowly, spitting out blood as he did so. He wiped ineffectively at the blood on his face, as he saw that his newfound ally had dispatched the final drunkard in a rather flamboyant way.

"Where are you from? The mummer's guild?" Faldtis spoke hoarsely, spitting out another glob of blood before coming closer and continuing. "Name's Faldtis by the way, next time I find myself fighting drunken seamen I'll make sure to find you," He smirked, offering his hand out. A beaten up fisherman groaned loudly nearby. By now most of the honest folk had left, but there were still quite a few patrons watching to see if there would be any more entertainment. Faldtis noticed the elf that the dragonborn had spoken with briefly, as well as the other fisherman he hadn't seen knocked down.

Ikasia shook both their hands. "Ikasia Miwato", she said, before turning to Grey. "Excuse me, Grey. You know it is not my usual to burst into violence, but there were quite a few things that made it hard not to." Turning back to the two men, she bowed again. "I will now leave you to your buisness of fighting each other, should you still wish to do so. I believe i was invited to a drink."

With that, Ikasia sat down next to Grey, taking the glass that was supposedly hers. "Thank you, Grey. For the fisherman, he should not be injured badly. Just a few hits on the head, yet not hard enough to cause remarkable brain damage. He should have a hell of a headache when he wakes up fully and hopefully have learned the lessons i teached him." She downed the glass in one gulp.

The dragonborn was still out of breath when Ikasia introduced herself, then quit with the healer named Grey. With in his hearth the hope that he would fight at her side again, he turned to Faldtis. Wait, the mummer’s guild? When in doubt, take it as a compliment.

- I’m Eskil, but everyone calls me Pepper. You’re pretty good yourself, although a bit overconfident. It makes you forget your surroundings, that’s why the second got you.

Why was his teacher mode activated? Maybe because he looked young, but with the same spark in his eyes than the dragonborn. Actually, they both looked like a mess. The dragonborn was stained by sweat. Even with years of training, he lacked endurance and strength. That’s why he had to learn techniques to aim at the weak points. He had three theories about why he was weak, but two of them were depressing. Anyway, the chair leg was still in his left hand and he was lacking a shoe.

Faldtis, on the other hand, was slightly limping. One of his legs must have been hurt when he was crushed by the fisherman. He was spitting blood. Maybe that he would need medical aid. From Grey, that they offensed. Oups.

- I’ll make sure to find you too. Say, do we continue or do we take a break? I would not say no to another drink. Or a hot bath. Or a swim. We look like shit and I have to apply for a mercenary job tomorrow.

"I could use a drink," Faldtis said, grinning as he walked back to his table in the corner to sit down. He gestured to a chair across from him. "Have a seat," he said before calling for two mugs of ale. His crossbow was still on the table, and he checked that his sword and buckler were still with his pack underneath the table before settling back and taking one of the mugs the barmaid laid down before him.

"What's this about mercenary work? Does it pay well?" Faldtis asked Eskil, wondering why he hadn't heard of it. Mind you, it did explain why there was an influx in unusually well-armed patrons in the tavern. If they were all here for the same thing, then it must have been a pretty good opportunity; an opportunity he was interested in. He wanted something more than simply wandering the road, and even if all the company did was wander, at least he would get paid.

Pryno Pryno

Fen'Harel De Levillia
Alias: Fenris
Action: Addressing the recent Fight

Soon a quiet day at the tavern, turned into a brawl between multiracial idiots, and drunken buffoons. Before Fenris could get up, it was over in a flash. With a look of annoyance the High elf rose from his chair and turned his attention to everyone in the room, watching everyone return to their business. As the drunken brutes began getting up off the floor, Fenris turned his sights on the leader.

"Barley, you do realize this was your last time correct?"
"What'chu mean?"
"Basically your banned from this village. Oar's Rest will not tolerate thugs looking for fun and harassing our people. You best leave before I make you leave myself. Do I make myself clear?"

The large man suddenly nodded as he instantly sobered up with fear, a fear for this high elf. He and his gang of fellow drunks left very quickly, almost tripping over themselves while trying to get out. With this done the high elf turned to the rest of the tavern.

"I hope you all understand my words clearly, the bartender, Trian, won't tolerate any fighting within this establishment and will not tolerate any troublemakers either. So that means I have to get involved. If you have plans to break these rules, I suggest you take it elsewhere."

The elf then went back to his seat and began drinking, his buddy left while the fighting happened. So Fenris was drinking alone.
ShakinMcBacon ShakinMcBacon Pryno Pryno The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof Slim Intoxicado Slim Intoxicado Zane Zane FireMaiden FireMaiden Rexcaliburr Rexcaliburr Demonsoul Demonsoul Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

LAZAROS ARTEM
「mercenary ∙ hunter ∙ animal enthusiast 」

Lazaros snorted as he watched the high elf call out the leader of the pack and sent him out of the tavern with only words. "Wow" he muttered to Athena, who for once, squawked back in reply. He assumed she said the same thing, but kept his back to the wall especially after the high elf's warning about fights.
template by astraea

Arelia's eyes snapped open, the soft sound of some trash moving awoke her. Her hands immediately reached for the wrapped up object and then stopped when she saw the entity who made he sound. A stray cat jumping at the sound of her moving and skittering off.

"Fuck, I spent a whole gold on that medicine. My whole life is regrets isn't it. I guess I should go try to forget."

Arelia pulled herself off the ground and dusted herself off. She walked out of the alleyway and into the roads of the town. After a short walk she arrived at the tavern. Opening the door slowly she looked at the destroyed furniture and the aftermath of the fight. She looked around the room at the oddly large number of armed individuals and walked over to the bar. She sat on a stool and set the wrapped object against the bar. She looked straight at the bartender, who was still shaken from the fight, and placed four copper pieces on the bar.

"Just give me four of the bottom shelf drinks, I don't care what."

Even if it was a bit rude, Eskil had to get up once Faldtis ordered the drinks.

- I will come back, just give me a moment to clear my tab.

He proceed to put back his second shoe and pay for the damage. The copper coin earlier was only symbolic, after all. With his round and the broken furnitures, his spendings were of 3 silver coins. Pepper was simply glad he didn't had to pay for the table.

During this operation, an elf with an arrogant look warned everyone about what would happen if they were fighting again. Eskil raised his thumb.

- Got it, boss!

He then sit back with Faldtis, grabbing his ale. Which he almost spilled when he asked about the mercenary job.

- Oh. I just supposed you were there for that too. With your gear and your fighting skills.

The temperature seemed to drop suddenly. With a worried look in his eyes, the dragonborn leaned in Faldtis's direction, almost whispering.

- Listen, kid. I don't care if you are a thief, a thug or something like that. Rare are the mercenaries that have a clear conscience, and some of us ran from home like criminals. Including me. But pay caution to your hands. Some people will not be that understanding. Be careful, please.

The mood came back to the normal. Eskil came back to his initial position.

- If it pays well? For the mercenary work in general or this job in particular?

He took a moment to rassemble his thoughts. With a serious tone, he began.

- For the first one, it depends. A lot. You have to rely on skill, information and luck. Some made fortune, some almost starve. It's not a sure income, but it's also way more than that. Some are doing it for glory and fame. For bloodthirst. For adventure. For the desire to help others.

He took a sip.

- Me? I live this life because it allows me to stay myself. And no matter what I do, there will always be people that stay at my side. Maybe even something that is close of a family. The drinks, the fights, the way that you live at the fullest because that you know that you could die any day? Those are just a bonus.

He crossed his arms behind his head. He heard a lady arrive and order, but he was too focused to pay attention to it.

- About the second? This job? I think it will pay well. I have a hunch. So, wanna join? I could show you the ropes.

Last edited:
Faldtis frowned as he pondered what Eskil had told him for a few brief moments. Adventure? Companionship? He knew his best days were with the guild, but he doubted he could get that back. Maybe a mercenary company was the next best thing? Faldtis drained his mug before answering.

"Hell, if it means I get paid, sure," He spoke, his frown turning into a slightly lopsided grin as the bruise on his lip began to swell. Faldtis liked the dragonborn, and these days friends seemed to be far and few. Feeling his rather light coinpurse, he figured any work was worthwhile.

His gaze shifted to the high elf at the bar, clad in armour. "Who's that miserable sod? Acting like he owns the place?" Faldtis didn't like it when people assumed authority over others, and he didn't care if he didn't kept his voice down, or that the elf looked like a fighter, or the silent fear that seemed to accompany their drunken foes as they shambled out of the tavern.

Seeing the people calm down slightly, Reid lowered his guard a bit and shuffled back over to his spot at the bar, sitting down calmly, but still watching his back. He sighed, closing his eyes for a few seconds, then opening them and sitting up with a smile on his face, as if nothing had ever happened.

Astred walked into the rather busy bar. Which had put a wrench in her plan, she had the issue of not accounting for it being a busy day. This made finding him so much tougher on her. So it was process of elimination now. She started with singling out High elves. From what she could quite a few. And this left her confused at why they are here. Outside of Fenris she had no idea what they were doing here. But this led to an issue.

"Why do elves always have to look so feminine? Now I have the issue of picking a random elf. OK just think he would probably be drink- Fuck!" She cursed as all of the elves were drinking. Why did the gods curse her at this day and time. "Starge... just bother them. He will have to recognize you at least."

Astrid found a table to sit at and ordered a mug of Ale. Just having to wait for Starge to find Fen or someone approach her.

Starge flew to the Elf that looked the least girl like. While he was missing the armor the elfs still looked familiar. The hair was a dead giveaway. Not many elves had the odd reddish color in their hair. So Starge did what he did best, poke the fool until he notices. And if he does notice screech and do a little dance.

Archdemon Archdemon Slim Intoxicado Slim Intoxicado ShakinMcBacon ShakinMcBacon Pryno Pryno Demonsoul Demonsoul Rexcaliburr Rexcaliburr The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof FireMaiden FireMaiden Zane Zane

Last edited:
Grey nodded to her guest as she offered an apology. Pleased to see that she would have interesting company to drink with. Not that she did not care about the fishermen, but they weren’t exactly intellectuals for the most part. Grey had gathered in their few meetings that Ikasia was at least well-traveled. Not to mention her garb was striking, she had always wondered what Ikasia’s story was but something about the woman made Grey hesitate to ask.

A distinctive high elf stood addressing the bar. He too offered a simple warning like she had just done however his was quite effective. Grey too a moment to commit him to memory. He seemed to have some authority and frankly she was glad he chose to exercise it in a way that she found beneficial. Perhaps she would buy him a drink in a minute. Her subtle thanks.

Grey scoffed at what Ikasia said for the poor sailor. Not from what she did but that she had to do it. “If they can’t see the difference in ability I’m not sure theirs enough brain left to damage, Ikasia.” She said waving a hand to dismiss it as she watched Ikasia down the glass like a champion. Grey was no seasoned drinker, in all truth she drank so little that she was a lightweight compared to most. Unbuttoning the collar of her jacket she allowed Ikasia the rare sight of her full face. The sharp elven features on a pale complexion.

She lifted the glass to her lips following suit with Ikasia and downing it one swift motion. ‘why did I order the strong wine!’ she thought as it warmed her all the way through. She exhaled smoothly closing her eyes tightly for a moment. It was not smooth like a good wine, but it would certainly do the trick. Composing herself she lifted the bottle pouring another round for each of them. “I haven’t seen you recently, a good thing I’m sure, but you really should stop in even when you don’t need my service.” She said putting the bottle back down. She looked at Ikasia’s one vivid green eye the other hidden by her stark white hair. “what brings you to this corner of the world this time?” she asked genuinely. It had been a long time since she traveled, and frankly it was the vicarious nature of those like Ikasia that kept her sane.

Ikasia snorted annoyedly as the elf made his announcement. She hated it when people took on authority they did not have. But she would not get in another fight, therefore she just let the man be. After all, if it kept the people drinking instead of bashing their heads, it was probably for the better.

She smiled as she got poured another glass. Nodding thankfully, she listened to the doctor. The white haired high elf looked Grey in the eyes, the whole time. "Ah, just work, as usual.", she replied shrugging. "A nest of ghouls that bothered the merchants, not too far from here. I figured i could have a rest here." Then, she seemed to think about something. "You know, i should really come by once in a while. I mean, if i could, i´d just take you with me. I heard you know how to protect yourself and you would sure be useful. Company you get along with is sure rare these days." She downed the next glass and turned on her seat, to see who had just entered. A woman and a bird, the bird poking the elf that had just spoken to everyone. She was curious what this was about. "See what i see, Grey? Any idea who that is?"
Zane Zane Archdemon Archdemon Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Grey listened carefully to the Ikasia, it was easy to imagine that a nest of ghouls would be just business as usual. She nodded now understanding why Ikasia was back in the area. It was amazing that she went to these places alone and came back with no injuries worth visiting a medic for. A testament to her ability. The next thing Ikasia said flattered and humbled Grey. Go out with her? Grey had no idea Ikasia thought that well of Grey. She took up her glass dinking from it to try and hide the fact that she was certainly intrigued by the idea. “I don’t know what gave you that impression.” She said referring to he ability to fend for herself. “I’m sure I would hold you back.” She said more so to dismiss her own feelings than anything.

Grey watched as Ikasia, entirely unphased, downed another glass. Blinking a couple times as she figured the difference in their tolerance. Following suit Grey finished what was in her glass as her eyes followed Ikasia’s out into the bar. “I do but I don’t know either of them.” She glanced around the room, taking in the faces once more. It was peculiar to her that there were two falconers in the bar. She saw the woman that paid exorbitantly for her medicine as well. There were the two who were involved in the fight as well, who seemed to be going back to dinking. Given the high elf’s address about the fighting as well she assumed him the leader of the band, grey was lead to believe they were not a bandit group or highwaymen. That only left a few options.

“Mercenaries I believe.” She said wagering a guess. She turned back to the bar one hand producing a silver coin from her pocket while the other poured them both another round from the bottle leaving it empty. Grey was already feeling it, her ears becoming flush and rosy. Her pale completion warmed a bit a band of rose crossed over her high cheekbones. Her eyes though were still sharp for the time being. They revealed she had some apprehension about the people in the bar. She returned her attention to Ikasia. “I used to be a mercenary.” She stated mildly surprised that she just up and said it. It was not exactly a secret, but she hadn’t mentioned it to anyone since the Promise of courage was annihilated. There was certainly suspicion and rumors about where Grey came from it almost seeming she arrived from the aether.

Last edited:
The dark elf's response made Pepper's eyes shine. He didn't work in team for far too long, since a good fighting party was hard to find and that not being picky was a must in this line of work. Except for morally unacceptable jobs. He had standards. Lower than average, but still. He raised his mug.

- Welcome aboard, then!

He gulped it down. Looks like he was now in charge of guiding Faldtis. And the first step was to prevent him from being kicked out of the Drunken Whale by provoking another bar fight with an elf.

- Take it easy, I think the barman is traumatized enough. Not used to it, apparently.

The sensible boy sneaked back at his spot. He was visibly as familiar to bloodshed than Eskil to cuteness and rainbows. Talking about cuteness, a girl with a phoenix just came in. The cute one was the bird. Honestly, the woman had an aura of command strong enough to outshine anything else at the first look. Wondering what she was here for, he gazed for a second. Furthermore, the bird was poking at the arrogant elf. What if...

Well, it was probably nothing. They wouldn't be the one to propose the job, right?

He suddendly noticed that he was still absentminded. He really needed to work on his focus. Or better, stop paying attention to everything at the same time. He blinked and turned to Faldtis.

- Hey, if you were not here for the work, why did you came in this shithole in the first place? Unless you like trout. I don't judge. But salmon is better. Or girls? The one in black is cute.

He looked at Arelia, giving a friendly smile.

Last edited:
Glancing at the girl, Faldtis shrugged.

"Eh, maybe, but you're right to wonder why I'd be in a shithole like this for no apparent reason. Truth is, I've been on the road for the past couple of months after a bit of a 'falling out' with a group I worked for," Faldtis said, his eyes briefly narrowing at the woman with the phoenix. He had seen his fair share of odd characters today, so he didn't pay much mind. "Don't know why I'm telling you this, but I haven't exactly led the most honest or saintly lifestyle, to put it simply," He shrugged again before dropping his suddenly sombre tone and continuing. "But hey, I've yet to see the girls this hovel's got to offer; haven't really been looking,"

"Say, why'd you buy that round of drinks? What's the occasion?"

Arelia continued drink her cheap beer and kept to herself. Perhaps in her tipsy state if she noticed the dragonborn's gaze she would start a conversation, but she didn't notice. She did however notice the large bird flying around seeking elves, it was hard to not notice. Even while not full of her senses she kept a careful watch on the lengthy wrapped object she had laying against the bar. After very little time she finished her beer and found herself in a rather weak stupor from the watered down alcohol. Upon finishing she looked around at all the interesting characters around. Her eyes paused on the dragonborn. Dragonborn weren't as strange to her as many as the natural magic skills the dragonborn possessed lead some to the academy she went to.

Pryno Pryno

Ikasia took a look around the bar herself. The amount of armed people seemed to only increase. Not usual for this small town, Ikasia knew that well. She was here at least once every half year. The y probably all were travellers or mercenaries. However a cluster of the latter usually meant a well paid job, which definetly was something Ikasia was interested in. "I wonder why so many mercenaries are here today. Have you heard anything about a job or something?" Not that Ikasia needed money. She stacked more than enough in her time roaming. She was a master at her craft which made her able to take the more diffcult, but for that matter better paid, missions. But her main goal was to spread the legend of the last warriormaster. To have her home live on in her. And to do that, she needed the most prestigous jobs she could find.

Ikasia saw Grey pour another round, but she also saw the doctor being quite flushed already. "Don´t overdo it. A hungover medic is oftenly less useful.", she said. Still, usually high elves had a rather high tolerance. Obviously, Grey was at least partly elven, making her drinking companion wonder, how her low tolerance came together. "And about you hindering me, i wouldn´t worry. If i thought you´d be more of a impairement than a help, i hadn´t said it. Still, i understand the perks of a slower, less dangerous life."

Now drinking her wine a bit slower, so she didnt pressure Grey, she nodded. "I was something different too, a long time ago. A guardian. A warrior. A legend. But that was in another life and lies long behind me.", she said. She didn´t quite know why she told Grey. But in a way, she trusted the doctor. She was the closest to a friend Ikasia currently had.
Zane Zane

As he suspected. His group was probably one of thieves or of thugs. Of assassins? No, he didn’t seem so. What was it changing? Nothing. What he did had no importance; what mattered was the present. Besides, rare were the mercenaries with a clear conscience. If he had the guts to admit what he did, it was probably not something too horrible anyway. This is why he simply shrugged it off.

-Heh, who here leads a saintly life? I doubt the knocked out guys are, and even the girl’s swords are bigger than yours.

Aaaaaand here he goes, talking without thinking.

- I mean, I look at everyone’s swords, and every sword is beautiful in its own way, but we all have swords preferences, I’m personnaly not picky, I just had an intuition about the kind of swords you like but...

In his foggy brain, an alarm signal was flashing. A change of subject. Fast.

- Er...Oh, yes, the round! I just can’t enjoy myself when others are unhappy. Why do we need a special occasion? No, seriously. Why wait to enjoy life?

At the bar, the girl in black was looking at him in response to his smile. Oddly enough, her eyes were differents than others. Exempt of surprise at the first look. Did she saw another dragonborn before? Lucky her. With his eyes and a move of the hand, Eskil sent a silent invitation to join them.

Arelia couldn't tell what the dragonborn's expression was as it was so reptilian. The dragonborn however motioned for her to join them. She grabbed her wrapped object and moved over to the dragonborn and the dark elf. Her eyes were clearly still exhausted and bags still remained under her eyes. She had only about 2 hours of sleep in the last 4 days, and it showed.

"Not often you see a dragonborn, especially in a small town like this. What brings you here?"

Arelia hiccuped after speaking as she had drank so much in such a small period of time. The wrapped object she kept close to her as she spoke to them.

Pryno Pryno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back