• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Children of Solora

Nano

procrastination symphony
Alright, so I've been planning this RP for a while. The RP will involve descendants of gods/goddesses with one child from each generation being blessed by their respective god and pretty much being given the permission to "borrow" a portion of their god's power. The overview will pretty much be something like this:

Even Before the Start of the World...

full

"If I can create something with my life...then I hope that with my existence, I can make something beautiful."

In the beginning, there was nothing. There was no time...there was no space..the only thing that existed was the goddess Solora. In her loneliness in the desolation of the empty, dark plane, the goddess came up with an idea. She sacrificed her own life force and power to create several other gods and goddesses and gave them the task of creating the world. The gods were each responsible for a certain part and element of the world and their powers revolved around the things they they created. In honor of the primordial goddess, the gods all decided that they would name the new world Solorus after the goddess and named the central kingdom Sol.

A New Generation

full

Over time, families descended from the gods and goddesses began to appear. The families of these descendants were blessed by their respective god or goddess. The gods gave one child from each generation of their family the ability to harness a portion of the god's power. These children became known as the Children of Solora. The Children of Solora were eventually gathered into a special unit within Sol's Imperial Army called the Divine Order. Although they were few in number, they were nearly matchless in strength and contributed greatly in keeping the peace of the central kingdom.

As the generations passed, each sovereign of Sol turned out to become more and more hungry for power. The Children of Solora grew especially suspicious of the actions of a particular king of Sol. He had been searching for the whereabouts of other children who were also descended from the gods. The king had been experimenting on the children that he had found and attempted to find a way to take their power for his own self and duplicating it. There was a great war between the True Children of Solora and the army of the artificial children of the gods who became known as the "Children of Ruin." The Children of Solora ended up victorious, however they no longer knew what they were supposed to believe in anymore. Each of the members of the Divine Order returned to their own hometowns and settled back into their home lives and the order was no more.

A Prophecy

While it seemed like the Children of Solora would never participate in the world's major events again, a prophecy was soon revealed:

full

True to the prophecy, a new evil did arise. The remnants of the goddesses power had become tainted with the corrupted power of the Children of Ruin over the millennia and gave birth to a new creature. They were demons that would become known as "The Lost Ones." These demons were barbaric in their actions and destroyed parts of the continent as if they were trying to get back at the world that had rejected them. The humans were able to keep The Lost at bay, but a new kind of demon emerged from the midst of the ranks of The Lost. They were "Thanatos." Unlike The Lost, Thanatos were much stronger, more intelligent and were able to organize an army of The Lost. Slowly, the kingdoms of Solorus fell and the areas which the demons settled upon became permeated with miasma which poisoned the land that it shrouded. Upon seeing the desolate areas of nothingness that had been created by the miasma, the people labeled these areas as "The Void."

Now, it is up to the new generation of the Children of Solora to determine the future of the world. Which will each choose? To save the world or to destroy it?

I'm planning for this RP to be up sometime this week!

I'm in! If you'll have me.

But can I be a regular person, not a Child of Solora? I would like to be a Wizard that specializes in healing.

I think it might add more flavor if somehow my character travels with them, reacting to how much more powerful they are compared to a normal person, but he would also have more experience "in the world" and traveling.

What do ya think?

Would all the children be human,i'd think that the goddess/god would have a more non human vibe that gave birth to different races or something that just made them stand out compared to humans.I'M JOINING ANYWAY

ManyFaces said:
Would all the children be human,i'd think that the goddess/god would have a more non human vibe that gave birth to different races or something that just made them stand out compared to humans.I'M JOINING ANYWAY
There will probably be very little species of fantasy in all honesty. Especially no other humanoid races. They wouldn't really fit with the plot.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Saint Rendalis]I'm in! If you'll have me.
But can I be a regular person, not a Child of Solora? I would like to be a Wizard that specializes in healing.

I think it might add more flavor if somehow my character travels with them, reacting to how much more powerful they are compared to a normal person, but he would also have more experience "in the world" and traveling.

What do ya think?

[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, but your idea completely goes against the whole plot that I have planned already! >.<;;

Also, the magic in this world is a bit different from the average fantasy setting. Unlike most fantasies, Solora's world doesn't have large scale magic readily available to just about anyone. Everyone is, in a sense, made of something akin to magic, but they are unable to use that "magic." The most that someone would be able to do is physically enhance themselves slightly. Only the children blessed by the gods are able to use "magic." This is only possible because they are the descendant of that god and already have some sort of link to that god's power. Only the gods are fully capable of using "magic" and they will only grant this power to certain people that they have chosen (i.e. the Children of Solora).

(Btw, Birb is co-GM and will be in charge of evaluating character sheets, so if she answers one of your questions for me just know that she isn't just some random person O.o ;; ;)

Also the gods and goddesses mentioned in the preview is referring to the gods and goddesses from various religions and myths in our world today. For example, deities of Greek/Roman pantheon, Chinese pantheon, Baltic pantheon, etc. So in this rp, before you make your character, research is your best friend. And on that note, there will only be around two character slots per pantheon because Nano doesn't want an overhaul of Greek/Roman emissaries.

ManyFaces said:
All of the children are human. In fact, this RP will have very limited creatures that aren't found on earth. The protagonists already stand out plenty enough with their status as a child who has been blessed by a god. Well, when they reveal their powers anyway. A majority of the children probably wouldn't be so keen on revealing their identity tbh.

Nano said:
All of the children are human. In fact, this RP will have very limited creatures that aren't found on earth. The protagonists already stand out plenty enough with their status as a child who has been blessed by a god. Well, when they reveal their powers anyway. A majority of the children probably wouldn't be so keen on revealing their identity tbh.
What of gods that were not all human like Anubis,Ganesha,Posiedon(I imagine him looking kinda fishy) does that mean that the children are just blessed and not descendants?

ManyFaces said:
What of gods that were not all human like Anubis,Ganesha,Posiedon(I imagine him looking kinda fishy) does that mean that the children are just blessed and not descendants?
I believe that was Oceanus but...

*ahem* Onto the important stuff:

The Children of Solora are technically descendants of the gods but the first descendant of the gods wasn't exactly conceived or born in the way that you'd think. After the creation of the world, the gods kind of isolated themselves in an alternate reality of some sort so that they would be able to watch over the world without because able to directly interact with it. This was to prevent a war between the gods that could have possibly occurred due to having different opinions on which group of humans they wanted to side with. However, The Prophet warned the gods that while it was a good idea to separate themselves from the physical world, it also prevented them from being able to do anything should something possibly attempt to throw the world into discord. As The Prophet has a big influence on the gods, they decided to heed The Prophet's words and decided that the best way to deal with such a situation would be to grant several specific humans a portion of their essence (these were pretty much the first Children of Solora). All other Children of Solora are descended from these humans and are therefore counted as being "descended from the gods."

Edit: Also, a Child of Solora might be able to shapeshift into a specific animal, however this will only be when the god/goddess is shown to have turned into that specific animal several times and is a major aspect of the god. For example, Gabija often transformed into a cat, stork or rooster in order to enter the homes of people. This would mean that the Emissary of Gabija would be allowed to shapeshift into a cat, stork or rooster. However, if it is just a symbol of the god or was just a minor event in a single myth, the character will not be able to shift into that animal/creature. An Emissary of Athena wouldn't be able to transform into an owl because an owl is simply one of Athena's symbol.

Super interested!

Question though; is the world of the RP going to be more or less like the real earth? If so, then where would the kingdom of Sol factor in? if not, do we just infer that there's equivalents for all the cultures the real world gods come from (i.e. some kind og Greece-like country for the Greek gods)?

Nada said:
Super interested!
Question though; is the world of the RP going to be more or less like the real earth? If so, then where would the kingdom of Sol factor in? if not, do we just infer that there's equivalents for all the cultures the real world gods come from (i.e. some kind og Greece-like country for the Greek gods)?
This world will pretty much be similar to earth. However, for plot purposes the geography will be vastly different. A world map will be provided and have my own regions created for this RP (for example, my character is from a region known as Esmet). As for parallels in culture, that will be most evident in the character's family for the most part.

Lorkhan said:
So when can we expect the thread to go up?
The thread will be up once I finish wrapping up all the details and loose ends. As I stated in the first post for this thread, the thread will be up sometime this week. I'm aiming for Wednesday but things could come up and cause me to postpone until Saturday or Sunday.

The very last line says that 'it'll go up sometime this week'.

But I believe it may take a little more time to properly set up a detailed roleplay - the rules, the requirements, the character sheets, and the approval of characters, for a roleplay that's planned to be long, multi paragraphed, and spread out to cover several different 'arcs', I guess the word is. Even if the threads do go up, the roleplay wouldn't start until there are a good handful of characters, and even if interest check does garner the interest needed, maybe all of us won't get approved, and we'll still be kept waiting for a good number of approved people to actually start it.

Perhaps this thread should be bumped up or two, just to find some more interested people?

This rp has been in planning stage for a good while. A few months AT LEAST. So 95% of the plot, lore, setting, etc has already been planned out before this interest check even got posted. This is only a small taste of the actual RP! So be prepared to be hit by a truckload of detail when the actual RP goes up~! *cackles evilly*

Birb said:
This rp has been in planning stage for a good while. A few months AT LEAST. So 95% of the plot, lore, setting, etc has already been planned out before this interest check even got posted. This is only a small taste of the actual RP! So be prepared to be hit by a truckload of detail when the actual RP goes up~! *cackles evilly*
Of course, a lot of other details will stay hidden in my planning notebook until the story progresses to a certain point huhuhu~

The only information that I'll be providing from the beginning will be what our protagonists already know so if you're confused about certain topics like the demons of the void, don't worry! Everything will become clear as the characters learn more.

Alright, so I definitely won't be getting the official thread up Wednesday and most likely won't be until Saturday. I had an eye doctor's appointment today and had to get my eyes dilated and couldn't really see properly or stare at a lit screen for a few hours so I didn't make any progress on what I wanted to at all. I also just realized that I have to fix a few things on my CS =w=;;;

Really sorry! >.<;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back