• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Children of Earth

DawnsEarlyLight

1679775132304.jpeg

The Children of Earth

It all started at a military research outpost deep in the forests of Arizona, with a series of top-secret matter transmutation experiments collectively known as the Zosimos project. As the project demonstrated greater and greater success throughout its development, the end results began to have worsening impacts on the surrounding environment. Unbeknownst to the researchers on the project, this greatly angered the nature spirits who inhabited the forest, until finally they decided to seek revenge.

But their vengeance did not quite go as planned. The nature spirits combined their magic into a powerful storm, just as the prototype of the Zosimos Beam was being tested. The forces of science and magic clashed violently with each other, destroying much of the outpost, but also accidentally bestowing the power of the elements of nature onto four individuals who, for one reason or another, just happened to be nearby when the clash happened.

With their new powers over earth, air, fire, and water, these individuals stand at a crossroads between the worlds of man and nature. Now they truly are Children of Earth.

And with an intergalactic war threatening to catch Earth in the crossfire, it seems Earth may call its Children to action sooner than they realize.

POSITION FILLED

Earth
Air - BFabulous BFabulous

Name: Josiah 'Jojo' Perez
Affiliation(s): Jorge's Foster Home, Some secret government org
Civilian Occupation: Diver
Element: Air
Power(s): Josiah has been infused with the ability to control air, wind, squalls, and gales. He is able to boost his speed for quick movement, create and disrupt tornados, create bursts of wind for launching himself/others, and create cushions of air. There is also always a calming breeze near him that acclimates his mood. If he's cold he gets a warm breeze, but if he's hot then it will be a cool breeze.
Weapon(s): (if applicable)
Fighting Style(s): Jojo isn't classically trained in combat. He was taught how to defend himself and has been in a few scraps. The best explanation for his fighting style would be MMA, but without official training. After being introduced to the air spirit, he started to lean heavily into grabbling, predominately wrestling or anything he thinks he could replicate.
Other Combat-Related Skills: (if applicable)
Non-Combat-Related Skills: Parkour, lockpicking, knowledge of diving, training in track/field/swimming
Appearance: h
5cd22bc21f39ce1a1adaf27034a6b95f.jpg

History: Jojo isn't anything special. He just grew up on the lower end of the economy. Jojo lost his mother before he could even walk and he was left with his father, Jorge, who was left to manage their foster home. To Jorge's credit, he was very loving and affectionate with all the kids that came through, even the kids who were only there for a short time. Jorge's home was in a constant flux of kids, whether they were leaving or coming, there were always new faces going in and out, but there were few that were persistent throughout the years. Aruna, Kalei, and Hibiki are sisters and brother in life.

Josiah was lucky when he got older. He got a scholarship for swimming and was able to go to school for marine biology and get his degree, while working as a package courier. After graduating he was offered a job by a mysterious person. Only thing he was told was that it was for a secret project.
Other Notes: (if applicable)
Josiah's siblings and their nicknames: Aruna 'Nana', Kalei 'Leilei', Hibiki 'Kiki'
Fire - DawnsEarlyLight DawnsEarlyLight
Name: Reina Belcourt
Affiliation(s): U.S. Forest Service
Civilian Occupation: Natural Resources Intern (working remotely)
Element: Fire
Power(s): From the roaring flames above Earth’s surface to the intense heat burning deep within its core, Reina is one with Earth’s natural fire. Able to both absorb and expel this heat, she can put out a fire just as easily as she can start one, and can pass unharmed through flames and temperatures that might reduce any other person to ashes. Technically she can even set HERSELF aflame with no ill effects whatsoever, but she rarely does this on purpose (mainly because her clothes are not usually immune to fire damage).
Weapon(s): None specifically.
Fighting Style(s): Some standard self-defense training and a few dance lessons from childhood, but not much else as of yet.
Other Combat-Related Skills: Thanks in no small part to her connections from work, Reina has some relatively standard wilderness survival knowledge, including a solid practical knowledge of the harmful and beneficial properties of various wild plants and herbs.
Non-Combat-Related Skills: Reina is fluent in Spanish and French and, being from the Southwest, she has a better understanding than most of the local cultures and histories in the region. She is also a surprisingly talented amateur chef: a talent she often attributes to her mixed French/Mexican heritage and her part-time work at her father’s restaurant. Fair warning though: being from New Mexico, she has seen red and green chiles being added to just about any meal imaginable, and she in turn will sometimes use them in even the most unlikely dishes.
Appearance:
xwGHiZbbabjY7nQXVc_QJZT76YSEqI9AGSxV35CfsJDa1PcLN_UU6ew6OTsx3LjjLgpUcYrZSGfimVAS9iKLEDfC6Uvp9RCu69iR2nawPMaEiSKm6K2zXaCa-zTFAG5BoyVKqddyA7ap8TyGth690Ks
History: Born and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Reina grew up in a household with many generations’ worth of culinary traditions on both sides of her family, her father owning a small French café in town while her stay-at-home mother adopted the uniquely Southwestern home cooking practices of New Mexico (including the tradition of adding Hatch chiles to just about anything). Reina originally started off working part-time at her father’s café to help pay her way through college, but had to find work elsewhere after certain recent events forced the restaurant to close down temporarily, eventually finding a job working from home for the Forest Service as a Natural Resources intern. She has since graduated from college and, as part of the internship program, she will be able to automatically transition to a permanent position with the Forest Service by the end of her current contract. To that end, at her supervisor’s suggestion and with the full support of her parents, Reina is now participating in a series of official site visits throughout the Southwest Region, currently touring the National Forests of Arizona.
It was after one such visit that the accident happened. Reina had been touring a site along with Leon LaVell, a horticulturist contracted to work on a new project at the local ranger station. But as they were both on their way back to the city, they were caught up in some kind of lightning storm that seemed to suddenly appear out of nowhere, along with at least two others. For a split-second, Reina even saw that she had caught fire, and jumped into a nearby river in a panicked attempt to put herself out, passing out soon after making it back to dry land.
As she lay unconscious, vague mental images of strange cosmic entities surrounding Earth started flashing in her mind, but even now she has no idea what they could mean, or what they might have to do with the storm.
Other Notes: Reina has a handful of professional connections the Forest Service and especially in the Southwest Region, giving her a limited degree of insight into some of the government projects currently underway in the U.S., though no more so than what one might expect given her limited security clearance.
Water - RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf

More may be added on a case by case basis.

None yet.
May be good or evil, depending on the player’s choice.

None yet.

None yet.

None yet.

Last edited:
Potentially interested in either role, but would like Child of Water. My questions are;

Is "Children of Earth" taken literal in the idea the characters must be minors?

Will the Children of Earth be kept together or living their own lives except when called? Any idea how the RP will be driven?

This sounds interesting. Question though: Are the spirits the only supernaturals/supernatural force?

Potentially interested in either role, but would like Child of Water. My questions are;

Is "Children of Earth" taken literal in the idea the characters must be minors?

Will the Children of Earth be kept together or living their own lives except when called? Any idea how the RP will be driven?
They don’t have to literally be minors; the title is essentially referring to them being from Earth and being blessed with Earth’s power.

The COE will eventually be sought out by the nature spirits or the government or both (depending on which “starting faction” each player wants to go with). Either way, all of them will ultimately be brought together as a group when the aliens start to pose a threat to Earth (especially the Lovecraftian masters of one particular faction of aliens). Having said that, there may be exceptions if some of the COE are already friends/relatives prior to the accident.

As for how the RP will be driven, the details are still being fleshed out, but here is a very rough draft of the basics:
  • The RP starts in the wake of the original accident, with the COE, the nature spirits, and the military all wondering WTH just happened.
  • Sooner or later, each of the COE will start discovering their new powers, and may split off to either align with the nature spirits, work with the government, or simply go their own way (depending on the player’s choice).
  • Meanwhile, unbeknownst to Earth as a whole, something will happen (not going to spoil it yet) that will draw the aliens’ attention to Earth and prompt them to start attacking/abducting humans.
  • In light of the alien threat, the COE, being the only available superheroes, will be called on to help combat the alien threat, regardless of the faction they chose in Step 2.
Hope this helps!

This sounds interesting. Question though: Are the spirits the only supernaturals/supernatural force?

Nope. Aside from the nature spirits, there will be aliens (hence the intergalactic war in the OP) which may include some species that may loosely resemble traditionally fantasy creatures. Other creature species may or may not be added on a case-by-case basis, as long as they fit in. (This is a superhero RP with a blend of sci-fi and fantasy elements, and the aliens are no exception.)

Last edited:
They don’t have to literally be minors; the title is essentially referring to them being from Earth and being blessed with Earth’s power.

The COE will eventually be sought out by the nature spirits or the government or both (depending on which “starting faction” each player wants to go with). Either way, all of them will ultimately be brought together as a group when the aliens start to pose a threat to Earth (especially the Lovecraftian masters of one particular faction of aliens). Having said that, there may be exceptions if some of the COE are already friends/relatives prior to the accident.

As for how the RP will be driven, the details are still being fleshed out, but here is a very rough draft of the basics:
  • The RP starts in the wake of the original accident, with the COE, the nature spirits, and the military all wondering WTH just happened.
  • Sooner or later, each of the COE will start discovering their new powers, and may split off to either align with the nature spirits, work with the government, or simply go their own way (depending on the player’s choice).
  • Meanwhile, unbeknownst to Earth as a whole, something will happen (not going to spoil it yet) that will draw the aliens’ attention to Earth and prompt them to start attacking/abducting humans.
  • In light of the alien threat, the COE, being the only available superheroes, will be called on to help combat the alien threat, regardless of the faction they chose in Step 2.
Hope this helps!

Nope. Aside from the nature spirits, there will be aliens (hence the intergalactic war in the OP) which may include some species that may loosely resemble traditionally fantasy creatures. Other creature species may or may not be added on a case-by-case basis, as long as they fit in. (This is a superhero RP with a blend of sci-fi and fantasy elements, and the aliens are no exception.)
Alright, I'll bite. I'll be watching.

Name: Reina Belcourt
Affiliation(s): None yet.
Civilian Occupation: Natural Resources Intern
Element: Fire
Power(s): From the roaring flames above Earth’s surface to the intense heat deep within its core, Reina is one with Earth’s natural fire. Able to both absorb and expel this heat, she can put out a fire just as easily as she can start one, and can pass unharmed through flames and temperatures that might reduce any other person to ashes. Technically she can even set HERSELF aflame with no ill effects whatsoever, but she rarely does this on purpose (mainly because her clothes are not usually immune to fire damage).
Weapon(s):
Fighting Style(s): (if applicable)
Other Combat-Related Skills: (if applicable)
Non-Combat-Related Skills: (if applicable)
Appearance:
TkSAR5JQdvCgkkpjVcf2EyKheJ3cFeV1yqfJqzPipzO5-nXEb2a9mHWNq4npAt03n3nLdRqO5qrgUKAAZkCF6w5jPySN1R-n9X09PJZXAotk2LlK4btnseZPtn-Bame4vbnfBzgTKpK5-IVq5jAJFyU
History:
Other Notes: (if applicable)

Attachments

• 1678419728788.png
    1678419728788.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
This sounds like fun. I would be interested in either playing the child of earth, or an nature spirit. I am truthfully interested in both. If that would be okay.

Certainly Shadow Monarch Shadow Monarch !

I’m also happy to report that my Fire profile is finished and has been added to the OP, so that’s 2 profiles down and 2 to go! I’ll also start work on a few teasers for the alien roles. (HINT: My profile includes a small hint of what’s to come in the very near future.)

Last edited:
RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf I understand. Thank you for letting me know.

eyclore eyclore The person who previously claimed the Water child just dropped out, if you would like to claim that role. Or if you’d prefer Fire, I’d be happy to give you Fire while I claim Water. Feel free to let me know which one you would prefer.

RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf I understand. Thank you for letting me know.

eyclore eyclore The person who previously claimed the Water child just dropped out, if you would like to claim that role. Or if you’d prefer Fire, I’d be happy to give you Fire while I claim Water. Feel free to let me know which one you would prefer.
If it’s alright, could I be water? But if you want to be water I’m perfectly fine with that.

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain They certainly can have power, but there may need to be specific circumstances involved. Feel free to DM me with what you have in mind, and I‘m sure we can work something out.

eyclore eyclore Consider it done! I’ll send you the Character Sheet over DMs!

Last edited:
Here are my characters.

Name: Leon LaVell
Affiliation: None
Civilian Occupation: Leon is a Horticulturist. Sometimes he is a consultant to the Forest service, and others that need to know more about any kind of plant.
Element: Earth
Powers: Leon is connected to the earth and the plants that inhabit it. He is able to communicate with plants and use them in many different ways. From transforming them into weapons and traps. Leon can change a plant's structure to create a different type of plant. He can help plants grow and can even ask them to help him in a fight. There is more he is capable of doing, but he doesn't like manipulating the earth itself.
Weapons: He is able to use knives, and guns.
Fighting style(s): He is able to knife fight, but he has no formal training in any other form of fighting.
Other Combat-related skills: N/A
Non-combat-related skills: Agility, Speed, Strength, High tolerance for pain, Poison resistance
Appearance: https://static1.srcdn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Zhongli-returns-to-Genshin-Impact.jpg
History: Leon has dedicated his life to the study of plants, and their hidden potential. That is why he is the number one Horticulturist in the world. He spends most of his time studying plants, and teaching others about their value. He has been a guest speaker on the subject of plants and their value in the medical field at some of the most prestigious colleges and universities in the world. Leon has been asked by several colleges and universities to become a teacher, but he has always refused. Telling them he didn’t want to be restricted in his pursuits. He really prefers to do many things and have time for his studies. So, he only took commission jobs, and guest speaking.

It was on one such job that he met Reina Belcourt. He had been commissioned to investigate some strange plants that had been found in the forest. The two of them had found said plant, and he transplanted one of them to a planter to take home. He also contacted the forest service to cordon off the area until he knew what the plant was. This was because he had never seen a plant like this before, and he didn’t know if it would be dangerous or not.

As they were driving home from the remote location a lightning storm appeared. He doesn't remember much of that night. The only thing he really remembers was the vehicle being struck by the lightning, and then him running for cover under some trees with the strange plant in his arms. Then a strange glow came from the plant, and that is where his memory stops. The next thing he remembered was being in his own bed, and the strange plant was missing.
Other notes: Leon has an extensive garden at his house, and some of the plants that it contains he has personally created. He also has a fenced off garden with a greenhouse that houses all varieties of poisonous plants.

=-=-=-=-==-
Name: Ash
Affiliation: None
Civilian Occupation: Doctor / Surgeon
Element: Unknown
Powers: Mild healing abilities.
Weapons: None
Fighting style(s): None
Other Combat-related skills: None
Non-combat-related skills: Is able to do surgeries in some of the most unique situations without losing any patients.
Appearance: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130826171539/aselia/images/2/2d/Gaius_Status_(ToX2).png
History: Ash is a world renowned surgeon who has never lost a patent. He accepts any and all cases that are brought to him. He is flexible in his payment, but never takes more than the people can afford. He has been asked to look into several cases, and he tries to help everyone, but even he is not able to help everyone. So, unfortunately, he has to make hard decisions. So, he doesn't take any cases that a normal surgeon would take. He takes the cases that are doomed to fail. At the moment he is attending a medical conference in Arizona.

Other notes: Ash is not who he seems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back