• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Changing Room[Closed]

"There is a slope."

Good Elizabeth thought to herself, feeling some measure of comfort at having an option that made her feel safer. She wanted to go up, she always wanted to go up, and particularly now when she was los and trapped. Up was her direction of freedom - whether in respect to flying or a building. If she was underground, then the escape would be up, if she was above ground, then they could find a window, or some way to look outside and get a better feel for their surroundings.

Her relief was somewhat short lived though... unfortunately. She heard Akira's opinion on the matter, then Ash's near agreement. What are they talking about? She thought, worried. They don't want to go towards safety. Of course, she realized, they were right in that the group had no way of knowing which way was safe. Elizabeth had a pretty firm guess that neither was overly safe. For all she knew this whole thing lead to nowhere, and they'd all die trying to escape.

She listened to his argument, the idea that they'd be doing exactly what whoever'd put them there had wanted. Maybe he was right, maybe they should take the counter intuitive answer. She didn't like making the stupid choice any more than she liked making the predictable one.

As far as she was concerned, the breeze didn't mean much of anything, though she also didn't want to imagine the possibilities. Now that Akira had put the doubts in her head about their predictability, the breeze started to feel like a lure. A lure she wanted to take... but now wondered if he was right.

"I.... if they expect us to go that way, then shouldn't we? Maybe... it could be that whoever brought us here does want us to be mice in a maze. If that's true, then they'd have puzzles and rewards for completing them, and punishments for not succeeding. The water was to get us on the move... probably... Why would someone have gone through all of this trouble to just... kill us? To kill us so elaborately?" She said aloud. She didn't like arguing, and didn't like to disagree. He was right that this shouldn't be an impulse decision, she just wasn't sure that he was right about going down hill.

Besides that, she definitely didn't want to be on lower ground when that door gave way. Elizabeth knew that if the room behind her was filled with water, there weren't a lot of doors that would hold that many gallons in. She didn't feel like sticking around for the structural stability test, either.

InsanEleven InsanEleven GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Collidias Rex Collidias Rex

Virgil managed a few steps, but he stopped at the first sign of protest behind him. He sighed quietly - he was so uncertain that simply a word halted him in his tracks. He held still, leaning against the wall silently as the others spoke.

"I agree with ... her." He decided at length. Her. "Not Ash - the other. I don't know your name."

He glanced over his shoulder, then scolded himself. Of course, he wasn't able to see their facial expressions in the dark.

"I've seen enough shitty horror movies to know it won't be that easy. We're not going to just waltz up and into fresh air ..." He grimaced, pausing for a moment to listen for the water. He'd expected men in white coats or maybe a loudspeaker and an exposition dump, but the eerie silence from their captors made the "lab mice" comment feel uncomfortably accurate. "But shit, maybe this is some kinda reverse-psychology bullshit. Maybe it's a a bluff, maybe a double-bluff, maybe they're trying to kill us or maybe not. Both directions seem as likely to lead us into trouble - so I'm taking the one that solves the immediate "drowning" problem."

He held on that last note, swirling it about in his head, then giving a sharp, forceful nod as if lodging that last thought into place.

"I'm heading up. Head the other way if you like, wouldn't suggest it though. I'm not keen on drowning."

With that, he continued on - but slowly, checking over his shoulder to see who would follow him.

Hel Hel InsanEleven InsanEleven GamerCarrot GamerCarrot

While Thomas and the guy who cried out struggled to push the door open, he could see that there was a dim light through the widening crack of the door. No sooner had Thomas and the man opened the door enough to get through when another person came running up and shoved Thomas through the door. He had heard the person's foot steps coming up behind him but was caught off guard by the forceful physical contact. Normally Thomas would be able to catch himself but the combination of his unpreparedness and forgetting that his feet were now a few sizes bigger than before, resulted in him tripping on the door's threshold and falling through the door.

Being more angry than hurt, Thomas wanted to lash out at the guy but the cool wetness from the water cascading over the threshold quickly pulled his attention back to their more pressing problem. While pushing himself from the floor, Thomas felt the added weight of his wet clothes for the first time. "Great..." He muttered under his breath as he rose to his feet and walked around to the back of the open door, noticing that the man was saying something but wasn't really listening. "That's nice, asshole. But how about you help close the door so we don't die?" Thomas' tone of contempt was noticeable, but he really didn't try to hide it. His muscles were already fatigued from opening the door and his wet clothes were sapping what was left of his adrenaline, but he tried none the less to close door and the source of the water that was now pooling around their feet.

billthesomething billthesomething loyalwolf loyalwolf

Akira didn't quite like it, but the others still had a point. He also wasn't about to leave them behind just because him being stubborn, he wasn't petty enough to do such things. They would need him most likely, so he just nodded, even if they couldn't see.
"Alright, I trust your judgement, we'll just go on and see what happens." Taking a step forward after Ash, he made sure not to stumble over her, then gave El a small pull when she could come after him. Although he did take one look back to perhaps catch a glimpse of what had been the other way, he decided to let it rest. The group would always come before his curiosity.
"Oh... by the way, my name is Akira, best to get the introductions out of the way before we get into trouble." This hallway was safe for now, who knew what they'd encounter further down though? At the least they'd have a name to call eachother by if things went south.

Hel Hel GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Collidias Rex Collidias Rex

“I’m Ash” she would have said it was a pleasure to meet him and everyone else but considering their situation she would’ve preferred to meet them in a much better situation. She continued walking up the slope, slowly catching up to Virgil who was slightly ahead of them. She kept her hand against the wall using it to guide her as well as she was slightly dragging her feet so that she didn’t trip over anything on the way up the slope. She couldn’t tell if the breeze coming from where ever they were heading was getting stronger but she continued, hoping that she didn’t smack into a wall while she was concentrated on not tripping. She was still curious about what could've been down stairs but it didn't matter now since what was ever down their couldn't have been that important. Hel Hel InsanEleven InsanEleven Collidias Rex Collidias Rex

Abel wasn’t happy that the guy called him an asshole and seemed pissed at him for no reason. Right now, he didn’t have the luxury of kicking the guys ass so he took his anger out on the door. He helps the guy try and push the door close. There was no way he wanted to die from drowning that would really suck. Abel felt that would be one of the worst ways to die and would fight tooth and nail to make sure that didn’t happen. Luckily for the other guy, able was as physically tired since he didn’t have to help open the door at the beginning. “Dude push harder! Are you really that weak! Use those big feet and stop slacking.” This was the way Abel motivated his teammate back home and he hopes it will help them in this situation. Abel couldn’t understand why it took so much effort to both open a door and close it. billthesomething billthesomething Fletchawk Fletchawk

Abel wasn’t happy that the guy called him an asshole and seemed pissed at him for no reason. Right now, he didn’t have the luxury of kicking the guys ass so he took his anger out on the door. He helps the guy try and push the door close. There was no way he wanted to die from drowning that would really suck. Abel felt that would be one of the worst ways to die and would fight tooth and nail to make sure that didn’t happen. Luckily for the other guy, able was as physically tired since he didn’t have to help open the door at the beginning. “Dude push harder! Are you really that weak! Use those big feet and stop slacking.” This was the way Abel motivated his teammate back home and he hopes it will help them in this situation. Abel couldn’t understand why it took so much effort to both open a door and close it. billthesomething billthesomething Fletchawk Fletchawk
Joseph having caught back his breath casually strolled back towards the door and began pushing the door closed along with the two other guys. When he heard the new guy shouting at them in some assinine way to motivate him and the cool guy.

"Dude, Less half-assed motivational speech and more pushing the giant ass concrete door shut!" he shouted back, near death situations tend to make people a lot less patient, And Joseph being someone who lacks a whole lot of patients, didn't particularly have any to share especially with some Self-Righteous Jock looking asshole
Fletchawk Fletchawk

--The Changing room
alien-covenant-images-hallway.jpg
Day 0

The more you know the less it surprises you. The victims share insight and stories in the dark. A few heading down while the other smaller group make their way through a level corridor.
The larger group reaches an old pantry. Stocked with tin cans and small packets with dusty coats. The others manage to close the door and find a bunk station with a hatch overhead and minimal lighting.
Gestation
Rest is ever sought and seldom found.
full
Ash
Health: "Pain from the scar on my stomach other than that I'm fine". Phobia: Ophidiophobia (Fear of snakes)
full
Abel Prince
Health: Abel is healthy overall with a mild knee injury that acts up sometimes.
Phobias:Ceraunophobia- fear of thunder, Ankylophobia- fear of immovable joints
full
Elizabeth Langley
Health: Excellent. She takes very good care of her body due to her profession. She does have a family history of anemia and haemophilia.
Phobia: Mild fear of intimacy (not necessarily the sexual kind, but that too) and legitimate Atychiphobia, or fear of failure
full
Joseph Stiles
Health: "The Scar on my forehead tends to act up a bit, also I have webbed fingers, their only joined part way, though"
Phobia: Autophobia, the fear of being abandoned.
full
Neil Leonard
Health: Back pain, Gastrocnemius (calf muscle) strain several years ago on his left leg, movement taxing. Phobias: Scotomaphobia (Fear of going blind) [Strong],
Merinthophobia (Fear of being bound/not being able to move) [Mild].
full
Akira Bisset

Health: Generally good, although he does have a weak ankle from having broken it once while training to become a police officer
Phobia: Trypanophobia (Fear of needles)
full
Nova Willems
Health: Nova is fairly healthy and has no known physical injuries or ailments.
Phobia: Trypophobia - Fear of holes, generally in asymmetrical clusters of small holes or pockmarks
Atychiphobia - Fear of failure
full
Virgil Lesley

Health: Good level of fitness, family history of short-sightedness, shows a slight tendency toward confrontation and some difficulties in cooperation with strangers.
Phobias:
- Has a distinct fear of his name being "around".
- Underlying fear of his vision deteriorating. Myopia runs in his family, it seems - he's worried that he might be experiencing adult-onset myopia.
- Hates being in a crowd. One part the insecurity of being surrounded, the other part fearful of mob mentality.
full
Thomas Shen
Health:Has Deuteranomaly color blindness, physically stable,mentally unsound.
Phobia: Fears that he'll never be successful in life.
Fears facing his teacher.
Fears how easy it is to ignore his own moral code.

Last edited:
The sense of relief Elizabeth felt when the group decided to go towards he direction that sloped upwards was immense. She kept a hold on the hand of the man in front of her - the one who had initially introduced himself as Akira. The others told their names, and as they headed along she introduced herself last. "I'm Elizabeth." She said, making a mental note of Ash's name. She hadn't gotten a name from the other one. The man who seemed to be trying to lead, as far as Elizabeth could tell. She also hadn't had the time to really get a good grasp on what either of them looked like before they were surrounded by the darkness.

They moved forward, and eventually came to... a pantry? Elizabeth had no way of knowing this for sure, but she had been running a free hand along the wall as they walked, and she'd felt the wall give way to a doorway, then to what felt like cans, or some other type of round, cylindrical object. She was curious, but practically blind, and while she felt they should take whatever was in here with them for later, she had no bag, and could see nothing.

"Is this... food?" She asked aloud, her voice barely above a whisper as she realized that the dark is often used as a hiding place, and there could be cameras, people, or other things about

Names were going around again. Huh. Virgil kept his mouth shut for the moment, listening in and matching voices to faces, and then names to those.

Akira.

Ash.

Elizabeth.

"Virgil." He contributed, still feeling along the wall as he carefully moved up the slope.

Light.

Not a bright light, but it was still light - a glimmer of hope ahead up the slope. His fingers tightened into a fist. His heartbeat crept into his throat. What waited ahead?

It looked like some kind of apocalyptic shelter. Shelves lined with cans, small ... bags, packets of something? A food storage location, nonetheless.

"Is this... food?"

Definitely seemed like it. Virgil approached one shelf and hefted a can, awkwardly turning it over in his hand. Dark and dusty, he couldn't make out a thing. He placed the can back.

"I fuckin hope so." He shrugged off the shoulders of his gown, awkwardly maneuvering his arms through the garment. "Hey, any of you good with knots? I would, but ..." He caught himself, going abruptly quiet. He shot a glance at the dim spikes protruding from his upper arm. He tried to twist his wrist, but the bones seemed jam partway through the rotation. He had hoped it was just a cramp or soreness from waking up ... but it wasn't going away. His pulse slowly climbed. "... my wrists are sore." He decided, pushing a dumb lie through the sudden silence.

He shook his head, tried to shake the rising worry as he dropped the gown to the floor. "We could try tie this thing into a sack and load it up."

InsanEleven InsanEleven GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Hel Hel

Abel wasn’t at all pleased with the second guys comment. Both men, Abel was stuck with, had an attitude that he wasn’t the biggest fan of. If it was for the life or death situation Abel would have stopped what he was doing and simply let the two men try and close the door on their own. Luckily for the three of them it seems that working together they were able to close the door and were safe for now. Noticing his pants were soaked to the knees. Abel knew from running in the rain, that having soaked clothes was ideal when it comes to physical activity. It made your clothes heaver and overall wasn’t a pleasant feeling. This set off red flags in abel head, he needed to find the quickest exit, in case this room wanted to flood like the last room. Straining his eyes to look around the rather compact room, abel wish he had a flashlight or a match or something to see better in the dark. The one thing that abel could tell was the room had a low ceiling. Evidently abel finds himself right under a hatch and figured that’s their way out. He looks toward the other two guys and shout “There is a hatch over here! What do you guys think, should we try to open it or should we wait to catch our breath in here?” abel goes and touches his elbow, hoping that the weird rash thing was gone. Yet when he touched his skin he still felt the weird rigid and thorny texture as before. What the hell is this? Is this an allergic reaction to something? I mean I have seen everything from ringworm to staph infection and I have never seen anything like this before. billthesomething billthesomething Fletchawk Fletchawk

Joeseph was relieved to be finally able to properly relax and not just stopping every once in a while to catch his breath, so with a sigh and a chuckle he let himself slowly slide down to the floor. He didn't care if he got any wetter, he was just too tired to be bothered by it at the moment so for now, he was just willing to close his eyes and let himself be immersed in the comparable tranquility of the room. until that little jock dickhole from earlier decided to open his trap again

Joseph's eyes snapped opened and looked at the jock with a tired glare, before relaxing and morphing into a neutral glance, while also letting out a sigh that sounded a whole lot more irritated than his previous and continued his expulsion of air by speaking to the kid "Calm, your tits man. we didn't escape one death trap, just so we could potentially walk straight into another, and besides, we don't know each other's names." Joeseph was first one to introduce himself

"I'm Joseph Stiles, I work with my family at the circus. I'm mainly one of the attractions at our freak show, I'm called the Red Scorpio, Mostly cause of these" Joseph waved his hands, showing the other two his fused fingers.
Fletchawk Fletchawk loyalwolf loyalwolf

With the door finally shut, Thomas could feel the toll that the heavy exertion had taken on his body and was going to need a breather so his muscles could at least partially recover. Peeling his soaked shirt off to wring the water out of it, Thomas' head was awhirl with the events that had transpired and was trying to glean as much as he could from the short time that he has been awake. Not finding much to go off of, Thomas turned his attention on the men that had accompanied him through the stone door. The one that had shoved him was now walking around investigating their surroundings while the other, who introduced himself as Joseph, was slumped against the door as he had also put in the same effort as Thomas if not more.

Though he wasn't totally sure whether Joseph was serious about the circus, but him pointing out his hands reminded Thomas of his own new additions that he'd forgotten about due to the impending threat of drowning. "I'm Shen. So you had your deformity before you woke up here?" He intentionally ignoring what the other man was saying, for he had not forgiven the blond for knocking him over quite yet.

loyalwolf loyalwolf billthesomething billthesomething

Nova was panicking. The water had nearly drowned her, and she had no clue if it was still rising or not. She had managed to pry off the grate of an air vent, surprised when she had begun to sink in the water due to her skin absorbing some of the water. Regardless, her added weight seemed to cause the vent to buckle, and when her skin expelled the water she floated up through the hole she had made for herself, kicking her legs to move faster.

Good thing Nova knew how to swim.

Clawing her way into the air vent, she took a moment to gasp for breath, her clothes dripping wet and her feet still dangling into the hole in the air shaft. Honestly, Nova didn't want to be here. Air vents were often dusty and musty and gross, and all that dirt was going to stick to her wet clothes. She barely even fit in the vent in the first place. Regardless, she couldn't stay here. In the dark of the vent, Nova felt her way around and began pulling herself forwards, leaving a wet trail behind her like a snail. Hopefully there'd be another opening sometime soon, and she could pop it open and get out of the vent.

Tardy Grade Tardy Grade

Abel looked at both guys and couldn't help but be annoyed at how relaxed they seemed. He had seen enough horror movie to know that, nearly escaping death doesn't me you can just relax. It ticked him off at how mellow they were taking everything. They seemed to want to intoduce themselves and get friendly but Abel just wanted to get out of this place. At the same time he knew he could use there help so he tried to be friendly. "My name is Abel prince. College student and wrestler. Anyway I don't think we should be relaxing until we are out of this place and outside safe and sound."

The first thing that came to abel's was that some psycho murder was trying to recreate the saw movies. Either way since both guys seemed more interested in catching there breathe, Abel moved away from the door and tried to see what else he saw. "Look Shen, sorry again for pushing you into the room. I was panicking and the other door already closed so I was scared to be locked in there." Abel really wished he had a flash light or something at this point cause of the limited light. Plus he was uncomfortable in his wet pants and felt as if he joints didn't like to be confined. He really wondered where they were.

Akira had been stumbling through the dark between two girls, following this hallway into the room. He really wished they had had some sort of proper light, any light would do now, even a lighter or so, just so they could read what all these cans were. At Virgil's request he had looked down at his fingers, and he'd let go of Ash and El now to take some of the cans and try to decipher them, still not able to feel much in them.
"Maybe one of the girls can help? I'm going to explore the room for a bit, see if I can find something like a lighter or a lamp. Or anything else useful." He really wasn't sure what they could find in here, but he knew that most things he could at least handle or... in the worst case, try to buy them time. The others were still in here, and he didn't quite trust them... who knows what they would do in panic? Perhaps raid their food and supplies. And maybe if other people had been kept in here... raid them for food? He didn't want to think about it really.

Hel Hel GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Collidias Rex Collidias Rex

"Hey, any of you good with knots? I would, but ...
... my wrists are sore. We could try to tie this thing into a sack and load it up."
Elizabeth noted the silence that fell between the two thoughts, and remembered what the man had looked like earlier. He was the one with... some sort of protrusions? Spikes, really. That couldn't have been normal, but then, nothing about this was. She pushed her worry and concern aside until such a time when it would be more appropriate to question what was going on. Until they were ready to sleep for the night perhaps. Until they were out... Why was she already resigned to being there for the long haul?
"Maybe one of the girls can help? I'm going to explore the room for a bit, see if I can find something like a lighter or a lamp. Or anything else useful."
Elizabeth nodded, deciding to step up and be useful. She'd heard of too many horror shows that made the normal characters, the ones who weren't psychopaths, choose one of their own to ween from the group. No... that couldn't happen in real life. Then again... none of this should. She didn't have a clue what day it was, nor what time it was. Regardless, she was fairly certain she should be preflighting a plane right now, or maybe boarding already. Shaking these thoughts from her mind, El moved towards he man who'd offered a hospital gown to tie up into a sack.

"Let me try, I think I can make something that holds." Elizabeth said, as she took he gown he offered. It was meant to fit an adult, so it would certainly hold a lot of cans. The back was open, so it wasn't as easy as tying up a shirt, but she'd tied up blankets like hobo bags before, when she was younger, so the task wasn't the most difficult think in the world. She'd died the four ends around each other, tugging them tight to make sure they were secure before turning back to the group.

"So, any preferences?" She asked with quiet amusement, as though she were taking their orders in such a place as this. It wasn't much of a joke, and she wasn't one who was used to making people laugh intentionally, but it felt like the right thing to say in this moment.

GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Collidias Rex Collidias Rex InsanEleven InsanEleven

Entering the pantry looking at the room completely even if it was very dimly lit and hard to even see what the cans said, she walked over to where Virgil was. Seeing him or what she assumed to be him fumble around with something unsure what it was though, she watched and listened as Akira left to go explore the room further - hoping to find a light source.
“Sure I can give you a hand Virgil” She heard the hesitation in his voice when he said his wrists were sore but she chose not to call upon it. “If we can find a light source, I'm sure Elizabeth or I can tie the knot for you”
She started looking around the room, following alongside Akira for a little while before splitting off and walking down the center of the room. Keeping her hand slightly out of her so that she didn’t run into a wall, she continued to walk down until her hand pressed against a cupboard on the far wall, she opened it up the door handle feeling rusty against her hand giving her slight discomfort.
Suddenly the door fell off its hinges and though she tried stopping it from hitting the floor, gripping the handle tightly she felt the metal crumble under her fingers the wood falling away with how tightly she has gripped the handle, hearing the wood hit the ground loudly. A plume of metallic dust enters her mouth and nose from the cupboard, although she had no problems breathing once she had inhaled it, the shock caused her to gasp and cough for a couple of seconds feeling fine soon after.

She looked inside the cupboard and saw a journal. She placed down the remains of the door she was still holding in her hands so that she could grab the journal and hopefully learn something of use. Flipping through the pages she couldn't make out anything it said, not without a light source at least. She turned back around and walk over to where she last saw Akira, journal in hand "Hey Akira, have you found anything?" InsanEleven InsanEleven Hel Hel Collidias Rex Collidias Rex

"Eeyup, had it since I've remembered, I haven't had these before waking up" Joseph pulled one of his pant's legs up to show the weird black growth on the back of his leg, before dropping it and listening to the jock now known as Abel, "Then brother you should understand we shall not be your keepers," Joseph's face was adorned with a huge shit-eating grin thanks to due to his quip, but his grin quickly faltered as he began hearing ticking.

He shot up and began trying to listen better to the noise "You guys hear that?"
loyalwolf loyalwolf Fletchawk Fletchawk

"Thanks."

Virgil handed off the gown to Elizabeth and set off for the nearest aisle. Food stores, how goddamn convenient. Everything was orchestrated. This was a game to someone.

And here we go, fucking playing along.

Just for a moment, he bit his lip and seethed. His eyes jumped to the shelf beside him, a can sitting at the edge. His arm went up and he stabbed down, a quiet growl droning from his throat as the spike punctured the lid. The metal buckled, tore and gave way, and the spike buried itself inside the contents.

Yes, stabbing. Shredding. Puncturing. That moment of impact rung through him and he relished it. Just that little moment of violent outburst, that sensation of meeting resistance and smashing through it. That was just what he needed. Deep breath in. Hold - his shaking hand growing steady. Deep breath out. His fist uncurled and fingertips brushed the unsealed can.

Get it together. Focus on the task at hand.

He pulled the skewered can free and tipped it upside down, tapping the rim against his free palm. Something rigid and compact dropped from the opening. He turned the thing over in his fingers, feeling it over. Dried pasta, it was that ... gah, he couldn't remember the name.

Nonetheless, he'd found a dry, plain food. That didn't bode well.

He turned to the shelf behind him. With much more restraint, he pressed the spike through another can's lid to pry it open. Awkwardly holding the can by the sides, he managed to tip the can halfway before the smell hit him. He grimaced and pushed the can back onto the shelf. Whatever it was, it wasn't good anymore.

Another one. He decided, shifting several feet along the aisle and trying again. No rancid scent, a good start. He tipped a small palmful into his free hand and felt the pieces over. Vegetable? Had the texture. Beans?

Beans are good. He nodded stiffly and turned back to Elizabeth. "Canned beans. Probably a good start. Bring it on over and we can load some up."

With that, he took to fishing out cans from further back in the shelf. "Hey, Ash and Akira! Be on the lookout for some water while you're snooping around. Drowning ain't fun, but neither is dehydration."

InsanEleven InsanEleven GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Hel Hel

The cans Akira had glanced on he had barely been able to make out they contained water and oil. When Virgil had asked about it he had replied: "There are some cans of water and oil on the shelves back there, they should be labelled blue and green." After which he had continued to search for other items of use, keeping an eye on the shadow of Ash from the corner of his vision. He'd worked very securely to sweep the aisles first, making sure there was nothing odd within the room. Really he should have done that before they entered, but in his slight panic to get away from water and this whole situation for a moment the relief of seeing a storage had taken over. But right now he'd make sure the room was clear so they could take a breather.
He was nearly at the end, when he saw Ash open her cupboard... and heard the loud aftermath of the door that broke off, which made him jump a little. For a moment he watched her cough and pull something out of the cupboard.
"Jeez Ash... please be sure to test the doors first next time." He'd said slightly irritated when he realised she was okay, but then quickly smiled after knowing that it wasn't her fault. This situation was just not getting the best out of them. "Sorry, the noise scared me, but I'm glad you're alright. I haven't found anything, and I'm rather glad for that, now we can try and see if there isn't anything to get a light with on these shelves. Let's leave the cupboards for now, I think the cans of food are more important."
A little idea propped up in him though, now he'd seen the room layout and he looked back at the gaping darkness of where they'd come from. What if...
"Maybe we should barricade the door? We have food, water and if we find a light source we can camp out here for a little bit... so then we should make sure we're safe here." They could possibly shove that heavy cupboard in front of the entrance, and remove it again when they needed to get out. Although he wondered if in this state it would hold anything back.
GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Hel Hel Collidias Rex Collidias Rex

Before she could apologize for scaring Akira she felt a sharp pain in her stomach causing her to buckle using a nearby bench as a means to keep her standing What… the hell is happening… After the pain had stopped Ash found herself to be able to stand again but it wasn’t the only thing that she noticed. She felt her nose becoming longer and hooked, feeling the change happen to her nose she quickly covered her nose trying to hide it What the hell is happening to me! She was starting to become panicked more so than before. What did they do to her while she was here! She could feel the nails on her fingertips slowly fall off, which was a painful process to say the least.

With her hand still covering her nose she looked at Akira “Sorry Akira, didn’t mean to scare you” she replied, although she wasn’t quite alright she was panicking and scared. She started feeling more parched than she previously was, they had to find water and soon because if she was feeling like this then the others were probably like this too.

She kept the journal she had found close by whilst looking around for a light source or something to at least help them see a little better. As much as she wanted to go back and explore the other cupboards a part of her also didn’t want to. She moved around the room searching the cupboards and benches, wandering back over to where Virgil was. She placed her hand on the wall thinking that maybe that if they found a light switch that could help them, whether it turned on or not was another matter. Eventually moving her hand across the wall she found a switch Let’s hope this isn’t a kill us all switch, flicking the switch to the on position she prayed that it wasn’t going to kill them all. InsanEleven InsanEleven Collidias Rex Collidias Rex Hel Hel

--The Changing room
f31a5dd8d592966518aec337dad80131.jpg
Day 0

And then there was light. One group sought out and found reprieve from the dark while others still struggled through it. One moment of blinding light later they got to truly see where they were and notice that the hatch above was not alone and there was one outside at the far end of the room.
It suddenly dawned on them that the bunker they were in was not as it seemed. They were in a platform room for ration keeping that attached to an tunnel that went two ways. However the lights only went so far as the area of the room and not the platform itself.
Gestation
No turning back now.
full
Ash
Health: "Pain from the scar on my stomach other than that I'm fine". Phobia: Ophidiophobia (Fear of snakes)
full
Abel Prince
Health: Abel is healthy overall with a mild knee injury that acts up sometimes.
Phobias:Ceraunophobia- fear of thunder, Ankylophobia- fear of immovable joints
full
Elizabeth Langley
Health: Excellent. She takes very good care of her body due to her profession. She does have a family history of anemia and haemophilia.
Phobia: Mild fear of intimacy (not necessarily the sexual kind, but that too) and legitimate Atychiphobia, or fear of failure
full
Joseph Stiles
Health: "The Scar on my forehead tends to act up a bit, also I have webbed fingers, their only joined part way, though"
Phobia: Autophobia, the fear of being abandoned.
full
Neil Leonard
Health: Back pain, Gastrocnemius (calf muscle) strain several years ago on his left leg, movement taxing. Phobias: Scotomaphobia (Fear of going blind) [Strong],
Merinthophobia (Fear of being bound/not being able to move) [Mild].
full
Akira Bisset

Health: Generally good, although he does have a weak ankle from having broken it once while training to become a police officer
Phobia: Trypanophobia (Fear of needles)
full
Nova Willems
Health: Nova is fairly healthy and has no known physical injuries or ailments.
Phobia: Trypophobia - Fear of holes, generally in asymmetrical clusters of small holes or pockmarks
Atychiphobia - Fear of failure
full
Virgil Lesley

Health: Good level of fitness, family history of short-sightedness, shows a slight tendency toward confrontation and some difficulties in cooperation with strangers.
Phobias:
- Has a distinct fear of his name being "around".
- Underlying fear of his vision deteriorating. Myopia runs in his family, it seems - he's worried that he might be experiencing adult-onset myopia.
- Hates being in a crowd. One part the insecurity of being surrounded, the other part fearful of mob mentality.
full
Thomas Shen
Health:Has Deuteranomaly color blindness, physically stable,mentally unsound.
Phobia: Fears that he'll never be successful in life.
Fears facing his teacher.
Fears how easy it is to ignore his own moral code.

Abel was thrown off by the weird black growth on the back of Joseph leg. Abel thought that maybe they were poisoned when they were on the operating table and they are all experiencing different effects. Either way abel wanted to make sure that this room was safe before he choices to go into another room. When Joseph asked if they heard something, abel focused his hearing, but couldn’t hear anything. “I can't hear anything, dude? You sure you aren’t just hearing things?”

Abel noticed a weird faint glow coming from nowhere. He looked around trying to see where is was coming from. That is when he notices that the weird light was coming from his palms. He looked at them closely and noticed that the glow was a dull and luminescent green. Then randomly it starts to glow brighter and brighter. This freaked abel out and he yelled at the other guys “Yo! People! Something weird is going on with my hand!” he then showed the group his glowing green hands. Fletchawk Fletchawk billthesomething billthesomething

"Canned beans. Probably a good start. Bring it on over and we can load some up."

Elizabeth nodded to Virgil, doing as he requested. She listened to Akira's idea as she helped fill the make-shift bag. Barricade the door? It could work, but that wouldn't get them any closer to leaving. In fact it would just trap them in should someone decide to flood them out again.

"I don't know if trapping ourselves in is going to be best here..." Elizabeth started cautiously.

This was about when she heard the other woman panic. She turned her attention back to Ash swiftly, and couldn't help but stare. What in the world?! She thought as she watched the other woman desperately try to hide something on her face, but as she did, something strange happened to her hands. Elizabeth couldn't tell what exactly was going on - the dark made it hard to see, but she could tell it was strange.

She seemed to pull herself together, then feel along the wall. Elizabeth looked away from her just before the lights flipped on.

Damn. She thought, shielding her eyes with a hand and squinting hard. She'd gotten accustomed to the dark, and the sudden light hurt when it was unexpected. Did she curse? It must have been the stress... she wasn't the cursing sort.

"You found the lights." She observed, flatly. Her voice, though, was quiet, as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back