• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Changing Room[Closed]

Abel took a deep breath and tried to relax himself. Not bothering to pay attention to the other people in the room, Abel began to change into his clothes. He didn’t seem to care that he was changing in front of everyone and had no real shame in showing off his body. Year of changing in locker rooms and being exposed to other people in weigh-ins taught him to have no real shame or inhibition. He looked at the different people in the room and they all seemed to have nothing in common, as far as appearance was concerned. They varied in age and physique. “Maybe this is some kind of joke?” he spoke mainly as a comfort to himself.

Once Abel had all his clothes on, he felt his joints and wasn’t a fan of how rigid and spiky they felt. He also brings his hands to his eye, making sure that no more liquid was coming down from them. He has some of the dried-up blood on his hands from early and Abel really just wanted to get out of this room. Abel speaks to the group of strangers with a nervous firmness. “Look, I don’t care what's going on. I don’t really want to find out. All I want to do is find a way out and then a doctor to tell me what the hell is wrong with me.” With that Abel begin to search the room for a way out. He goes over the three doors. He looks at all of them closely, trying to figure out which one will lead him out of this crazy nightmare and back to his normal life. God right now I could really use some water. My mouth feels so dry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Akira'd been caught between three fronts at that moment: the hissing in the floor, the rather staunch, stubborn man, and the panicking girl. Of all three, he figured the girl needed the most help. At least the man was reasonable. Despite that, he felt the need to warn him still.
"I'll get her, but please don't head too far away yourself" He didn't want to think it, but in the back of his head gnawed the thought that they had ended up in the hands of a serial killer... a psychopath that liked to play games. Perhaps even multiple killers if they had gotten all of them here, but that didn't explain the weird physical changes and medical knowledge. The fear was still there, because frankly he had no idea how to deal with these situations. He'd only been tasked with keeping public order for the most part, the worst he'd seen were bar fights, domestic disputes and the lone case of gang violence. But nothing like this... nothing organised.
In any case, the girl that had been running for the door needed to be caught. Best case she would run into the door, worst case she got caught by someone far more terrible than him. So immediately after he'd finished his sentence, he'd sprinted after her. Luckily he had no inhibitions in his feet, and he was in a good physical condition, so if the worst happened and he couldn't catch her, he could at least stick close to her.
"Stand still! You have no idea where you're going!" As he neared her, he tried to reach for her wrist, or really any way to grab her without hurting her.

Now fully dressed, Joseph decided to attempt to involve himself in trying to search for a way out of the shithole. Actually, Joseph could write that quest as finished before it even started cause he and everyone else was practically surrounded by doors. Now the only question on his mind was which one was an exit and which one lead to a supply closet or certain doom. He hoped if he ended up picking the wrong door then he hoped it would be the former rather than the latter.

So in an attempt to make his choice simple, He decided to use the oldest and most reliable deduction method known to man. Counting songs
"Hickery Pickery, pease scon
Where will this young man gang?
He'll go east, he'll go west,
he'll go to the crow's nest.
Hickery Pickery, Hickery Pickery"

using the version taught to him by his father. Joseph's finger came to a stop at the door southeast of himself. So with a shrug of the shoulders, Joseph began walking towards the door.

After a few minutes of concentrated effort, Thomas was able to reign in his self loathing for the time being although it still gnawed at the back of his mind, like a wild animal pacing the confines of its cage. He let loose a heavy sigh before looking around and seeing that the other people had gotten dressed and he decided to follow suit. It disturbed him slightly that the clothes were newer and less tattered replicas of what he normally wore, but he put on them nonetheless. The sneakers on the other hand were what he thought was a couple sizes too big and found that they were, to his surprise, a snug fit. Trying hard to ignore the fact that his teeth wasn't only thing different about his body, Thomas was about to address the others when the lights flickered and a sizable hole opened up in the center of the room.

"Someone forgot to pay the bill." he muttered sarcastically, mostly to himself. A weak and familiar odor of rust also tickled his nose. Thomas didn't really like the idea that the medical room was starting to remind him of the ghetto he was native to. After waiting to see if anything else was going to malfunction, Thomas decided to cautiously approach and look down the hole.

Last edited:
Hearing the hissing from the middle of the room sent a shiver down Ash’s spine, her heart rate increasing No…. anything but that sound. Ash thought, if anything was going to make Ash completely mentally break down it was that sound. It gave her a memory that she would fear for the rest of her life. She kept her fear under control she knew well enough there were none of those things in this room, not unless someone wanted to play a very sick joke. When the centre of the room eventually opened to reveal an extremely large drop her fear dissipated. Now that there was a massive hole in the centre of the room and the lights were now flickering, Ash did not want to continue being in that room. Who knows how long they had till the whole thing collapsed. She looked at all her options, 3 doors all leading in different possible directions she then turned to the other 11 people a couple of them had chosen a door to go through and to be honest Ash didn’t really want to go through a door alone.

She decided quickly who to tag along with when going through one of the doors, whether that person was necessarily happy with that decision didn’t really cross her mind that is until she approached the door they were near. They already had a hand on the handle of the door, from her point of view it looked like they were trying to get the confidence to open the door. “Um…” she spoke up, her voice a little shaken from the fright she had received from the hissing earlier which she attempted to remove by a slight cough “Mind if I tag along?” She continued her voice no longer shaken but still reasonably quiet, she never did get over her shyness when it came to new people.
Collidias Rex Collidias Rex

Last edited:
"Fine - but hurry." Virgil waved a hand dismissively to the lawyer-doctor-whatever. Honestly, it'd be good to have him along. More hands and light work, and all that crap. His thoughts were occupied.

Well, that's ominous.
Virgil grimaced as he stared through the doorway. One hand held the edge of the door tightly, the other covered his mouth and nose as the rot of metallic decay wafted past. It looked ... in a word, unappealing. So why was the door there? Why was he able to access it?

Are they trying to hide something down there?

Mind if I tag along?

Hm? Virgil dragged his eyes from what lay beyond the doorway, glancing back at the newcomer. He'd been stuck in his thoughts and hadn't heard her approach. His own obliviousness was something of a shock, and for a moment he stood there, dumbstruck.

"I ... yeah, sure." He nodded stiffly as he looked the newcomer up and down. Not exactly the kind of muscle or confidence he'd been hoping for in his little outing, but hey - company was company, and he was grateful for whatever he could get. "I'll take point. Stay hot on my heels. Mister Collected can trail you and keep his eyes on whatever's behind us. If something happens, I'll shout - that's your queue to start running."

If something happened. Shit, he had already jumped ahead to paranoia and Resident Evil. A part of him expected something to leap out of the darkness and attack him.

Goddamn it, get it together. Zombies aren't real. Monsters aren't real.

He paused to look at the spikes mounted on his arm.

He swallowed the lump in his throat and slapped a hand onto the other side of the doorframe.

"Ready whenever." He called back to his impromptu companion - who was now on the other side of the room, to his dismay. "I'm itching to get out of this hell."

His foot tapped on the clean floor at the foot of the doorway. Absently, he noticed a dark patch in the middle of the room. Paint? No. Too dark, didn't reflect light. A hole? When did ... ?

He shook his head quickly. He was losing it. Needed to pay attention. Sharpen his senses. Wake up. He closed his eyes, counted his breaths. In ... out ... in ... out ...

GamerCarrot GamerCarrot

Last edited:
Elizabeth paused when her hand reached the door, the part she'd tried to grab tore away. What? She leaned in to try and read what seemed to be printed beneath the paper she'd torn

There's something...

That's when she felt someone grab her wrist. She whirled around to face whoever grabbed her and yanked her hand back. Her face didn't show much expression - as was her nature - but her eyes showed her fear. They were wet with what seemed to be the threat of tears, but she didn't often cry.

"Don't!" She said, her voice quiet but firm. She was timid, but assertive. She'd been in stressful situations before, and knew how to keep herself composed. The problem with the situation she found herself in now was that she had no training for this. There was no checklist to fix this problem. There was no simulated practice, no procedure to memorize. She had no training to fall back on, only instinct. So that's what she fell back on.
"Stand still! You have no idea where you're going!"

Looking at the man who'd grabbed her wrist, her initial instinct was to run... but after a beat, after a breath, she forced herself to stay where she was. She wasn't the sort to start fights, so she wouldn't. She didn't want the man to touch her, but now that she thought about it, she didn't know that it was meant to be an attack.

No... He was trying to comfort her. To keep her from leaving. She took a breath and spoke.

"None of us know where we're going." She told him, stepping back, closer to the door. "But I can't stay in here. We can't stay in here. That hissing... the lights... I don't know whats happening, but I... I don't know what's happening. I don't like not knowing whats happening..." No one does, why are you so stupid? That's obvious, she thought to herself, feeling as though she wasn't saying what she was trying to get across. Her voice was firm but still soft and quiet. She was afraid of everything here, and mistrusting of the others. She didn't watch horror movies because she hated the thought that something like this could happen. She'd always been able to work through all of the reasons that something like the SAW movies could never happen. Why all of those horror video games were pure fantasy. But now.... What was happening now? Was she going crazy? Was this actually a hospital and she was the problem? No, she doubted that was true. There'd been no signs. No family history. This had to be real.

"Look... I just don't feel safe staying here... Everyone else seems to be doing their own thing already, I don't feel safe alone, but I don't feel safe with strangers, either." She said

InsanEleven InsanEleven

Last edited:
Akira'd given the girl a patient look while she spoke, and despite being afraid himself, he'd always been good at hiding it to protect others. If helping people meant suspending his fear, he would, at least for the moment.
"Hey... you are right, nobody knows where we're going. But that doesn't mean we can't think about how we'll get there. Running off by yourself is incredibly dangerous, especially when you're panicked. Lets just calm down for a moment and then we'll get out." Akira'd spoken calmly, and softly, trying not to startle her anymore. When he let go of her wrist, he noticed something though on the door, where the grip had given out. "Oh... the door is a... fake?" How odd there was something written below where the handle had been. Looking around he tried to find something to scratch the layers off, before deciding that he'd just have to try with his fingers. If he couldn't get it off easily, he'd just leave it and join the man with the spiked arms... as uncomfortable as needles made him, staying here he found an even less appealing idea. While he scratched the layers off, he glanced up at the girl, giving her a polite smile.
"My name is Akira by the way. Akira Bisset... so if you tell me your name, we at least won't be strangers anymore. That couldn't hurt? Right?"

Hel Hel Tardy Grade Tardy Grade

Last edited:
Abel glaze at all the doors. He wonders which one he should choose, no evening paying attention to the other and what they choose. “Ok, let’s see. Which one should I choose.” He looked at the tops of all the doors, trying to see if one of them said exits or at least hinted at the exit. Not having a clue on which one is the exit, he looks at the door that the first man walked out of. “Alright lady luck, give me some good news. After all I got to get back home and finish school.” Talking to himself and self-motivating was something he learned to do with years of wrestling and sports. It was a way to calm himself down in stressful situations and he hoped it helped him focus on the right choice. He goes to open the door knob and hopeful it opens to the exit.

--The Changing room
30eab263436ea9032217fe304935135f.jpg
Day 0

A man peers into the abyss and the abyss peers back. The water starts to shift underneath the floor and then splashes outward through the hole in one large surge. The man is pushed back and into the range of the doors. The man is disoriented from the blast but not overly injured.
The light begins to fail until it dies. Then you hear it. The sound of the water rising. Higher and higher.
Gestation
Time is the enemy that all men know.
full
Ash
Health: "Pain from the scar on my stomach other than that I'm fine". Phobia: Ophidiophobia (Fear of snakes)
full
Abel Prince
Health: Abel is healthy overall with a mild knee injury that acts up sometimes.
Phobias:Ceraunophobia- fear of thunder, Ankylophobia- fear of immovable joints
full
Elizabeth Langley
Health: Excellent. She takes very good care of her body due to her profession. She does have a family history of anemia and haemophilia.
Phobia: Mild fear of intimacy (not necessarily the sexual kind, but that too) and legitimate Atychiphobia, or fear of failure
full
Joseph Stiles
Health: "The Scar on my forehead tends to act up a bit, also I have webbed fingers, their only joined part way, though"
Phobia: Autophobia, the fear of being abandoned.
full
Neil Leonard
Health: Back pain, Gastrocnemius (calf muscle) strain several years ago on his left leg, movement taxing. Phobias: Scotomaphobia (Fear of going blind) [Strong],
Merinthophobia (Fear of being bound/not being able to move) [Mild].
full
Akira Bisset

Health: Generally good, although he does have a weak ankle from having broken it once while training to become a police officer
Phobia: Trypanophobia (Fear of needles)
full
Nova Willems
Health: Nova is fairly healthy and has no known physical injuries or ailments.
Phobia: Trypophobia - Fear of holes, generally in asymmetrical clusters of small holes or pockmarks
Atychiphobia - Fear of failure
full
Virgil Lesley

Health: Good level of fitness, family history of short-sightedness, shows a slight tendency toward confrontation and some difficulties in cooperation with strangers.
Phobias:
- Has a distinct fear of his name being "around".
- Underlying fear of his vision deteriorating. Myopia runs in his family, it seems - he's worried that he might be experiencing adult-onset myopia.
- Hates being in a crowd. One part the insecurity of being surrounded, the other part fearful of mob mentality.
full
Thomas Shen
Health:Has Deuteranomaly color blindness, physically stable,mentally unsound.
Phobia: Fears that he'll never be successful in life.
Fears facing his teacher.
Fears how easy it is to ignore his own moral code.

Last edited:
Alright” she said nodding her head, she didn’t want to say here any longer, the quicker they got moving the quicker they could find an exit. She knew that she wasn’t the only one feeling that way, everyone in this room probably wanted to leave as quickly as she wanted to. She looked up at the man she was going to be travelling with who had already taken a step in the doorway “My name is Ash” she thought it best to introduce herself to him, they were possibly going to be travelling together for a while so knowing names would be helpful if one of them found something that the other needed to see but now was not the time for complete introductions.

With the lights continuing to flicker and eventually going out they didn’t have much time, the sound of rising water concerned her greatly. She didn’t have time to have a quick glance into the area she was about to walk into, with how fast she thought that water was rising she didn’t want to stick around, she turned around facing the hole were the rising water was coming from, still staying behind her new-found companion “We need to move…. Now!” there was panic in her voice yet she kept the appearance that she was calm.

Last edited:
Joseph had been trying for several minutes to push open the door, while he did manage to get it to budge. He wasn't able to do any more than that "Fucking Christ on an atomic Motorbike" Joesph swore while lightly panting from exhaustion, he leaned against the huge door needing a moment to catch his breath, while it might make sense for him to try the other doors. Joseph was far too stubborn to give up, he knew he was budging the door slightly, so he would eventually manage to fully open it at some point.

But his moment of respite was interrupted by the flickering of lights and the sound of flowing water. "OH! FUCK!, Are they going to release sharks and piranhas into the water next or something? Welp I'm not staying here to find out that's for sure." Joseph went back to attempting open the massive door. His voice still sounded calm, but you could hear there was an edge of fear to it

While Joseph wasn't Hydrophobic he didn't enjoy the prospect of being fish chow or end up as a bloated corpse. So due to a moment of submissiveness, Joseph began calling for someone to help. "Someone Help!!"

Well... At least he seems kind enough, I suppose... Elizabeth thought as her attention turned from the man back to the door he had pushed by her to read.

"I think it's a puzzle of some sort. I didn't get to read much, but what I saw makes me think that it doesn't matter what door we choose, they'll all lead to the same place." Elizabeth said, trying to be helpful, "And I wasn't panicking... I was finding the closest exit that didn't have a bunch of strangers." Don't sound so standoff-ish, he's trying to be helpful and he's probably just as scared and confused as I am. Elizabeth took a breath again, then added. "I'm Elizabeth, by he way... uh, El usually."

A brief moment passed, then the hissing gave way to a roaring. Water? Is someone trying to flood them out? What was the point? She didn't understand, and these events were making only one thing clearer in her mind: This is not a normal hospital. Nothing about this Is normal.'

"We're being flooded! Hurry up, we're leaving!" The shout came from across the room where another man and a woman stood near a fairly open door. That's too easy, right? Presented with a mystery and an open exit... surely that was too easy. Maybe she'd spent too many hours with mystery books and video games, but her instincts told her that the other door was dangerous. Or, more accurately, whatever waited on the other side was.

"Did you see anything else?" She asked, as Akira had already tried to tear away at the door, and she would rather get out through the challenge - though, in her mind, she'd already acknowledged that this was probably going to be a waste of time. She wondered how long they had before the water filled up the room they were in. It's a large room... so... they had a little time, surely.

Akira'd heard the water rushing in, and Virgil's warning... but he was so close to actually reading the full message. Despite that, his numb fingers didn't help a bit, and he figured that being flooded wouldn't help either. So he just decided to forfeit this venture, and instead focus on not drowning. A bit defeated and slightly rushed he shook his head at El. "I couldn't make out much. All roads lead to home then something like as long as we make it? I guess we have no choice but to make it then... come on, I'm sure we can do it if we stick together." Was he really? The only thing he could do was try and feign confidence at this point, because the moment he'd slip into panic, he knew she would follow. He could see it in her eyes, and hear it in her denial of panicking, ironically enough. It was like the nervous laughing before watching a scary movie; it was the same thing he was doing as well. A little bit of denial wouldn't hurt for now though... right?
"Let's start by not getting flooded." Just in case, Akira'd grabbed El's hand, to make sure she'd come with him, and that nothing... took her from behind him without him knowing. A bit of a paranoid idea, admittedly, but who wouldn't get paranoid after all this? In a hurried walk through the rising water, he joined spiky arm man at the door. Looking around, he realised a few people still hadn't woke up... and some of them were having trouble. Through instinct he'd wanted to run, to aid them and get them out. Save everyone... but a heavy weight set on his heart when he remembered his police training, and how saving everyone sometimes just wasn't possible. Perhaps drowning is better than what awaits us...

When he went through the door held open, Akira'd just nodded at the man, made sure El was in and no one was coming their way... and then made sure that they were left with no choice. No going back. No second opinions: with a strong motion he pulled at the door, until he heard it slam close.
"Thank you for waiting, now lets go... this door might not be water proof..."

All doors lead home as long as we make it.

Tardy Grade Tardy Grade Collidias Rex Collidias Rex Hel Hel GamerCarrot GamerCarrot

Last edited:
Thomas wasn't exactly sure what he was expecting when he had investigated the hole in the floor, but getting hit by a geyser of water was definitely not one. While the blast of water didn't cause any lasting damage, it had left him winded and his head in a daze. It took him several seconds to regain any semblance of thought. 'Well, that sucked like something nasty.' Thomas probably would've sat there for a few minutes to catch his breath, however he felt the water was rising and saw the dying lights. 'I stand corrected as usual.' Pushing himself to his feet as quickly as his slightly dazed head would allow, Thomas searched for an exit and saw his limited options.

As he steadied his skewed sense of balance and his head cleared, Thomas saw one door slam shut, leaving him with few other doors. Seeing that one of remaining doors was open with a couple people near it, Thomas started towards started towards it. His movement stopped when Thomas heard a cry for help and drew his attention to a man struggling to open a rather heavy looking door. His cry had triggered something in his brain and his body responded by freezing. 'Don't do it! It's not a good idea!' Thomas told himself, only to retort his own words. 'That guy needs help! Am I just going to leave him there, like I did her?' After arguing with himself on whether to help the man or not and successfully guilt-tripping himself. Thomas quickly moved to the man's side and threw his weight into moving the heavy door. While Thomas still breathing heavily from being winded, he was stronger than what most people think when they look at him. Even still, Thomas could feel his muscles start to burn as pushed against the door.

billthesomething billthesomething

"My name is Ash."

"Virgil." He responded on impulse.

His eyes were closed and his head bowed. He was listening to ... something. It was familiar - he couldn't quite place the sound. He could picture it, though - the tacky warmth of grease on his face, an oily odor hanging around his whole body, a weight in his hand - a container. Red.

He spun around as a crash broke through. A plume of liquid erupted from the center of the room. Liquid.

He stared for a moment at the man laid out beside the hole, but snapped his eyes shut again. The noise was growing, changing - the pitch was growing shrill. Yes. A red container, heavy in his hand. The overwhelming musk of petroleum grew thicker and more intense. A fuel container poured into a tank. The dark petroleum inside rose, and the trickling noise from the tank grew higher and higher.

Oh shit.

We need to move…. Now!

"We're being flooded!" Virgil spun around and shouted. "Hurry up, we're leaving!"

He swallowed again and he slowly moved into the corridor as the others arrived, letting them follow in behind him. The place was dark, and it only grew worse as the door was shut. He thought to argue for a moment, but the thought of water flooding down the corridor silenced him. He found himself reaching a hand for the wall to keep himself oriented. There was initial hesitation to touch the dark walls, but as his hand tentatively reached forward, he felt a gentle pressure against his wrist as his arm stopped. Of course - in the dark, he'd already forgotten the arm growths. The spike running down the bottom of his hand had touched against the wall. That worked - this way he didn't have to actually touch the wall.

He continued onward cautiously, eyes prying in the dark for anything that stood out. It was a fruitless effort - the glare of the pristine "operating" room had kept him from adjusting to the darkness of the corridor. He quietly cursed - and the wall gave way. He stopped abruptly and a breath caught in his throat.

"Hold on."

He carefully sidled away from the wall and reached out with his other arm. Moving it about, he found where the other wall terminated, jutting off 90 degrees into a corner. He felt ... a breeze? Air? Something to his left, a draft. Cautiously, he took a step forward and reached out. Sure enough, another wall met his hands in front of him.

"Fuck. It splits into two paths."

This didn't settle well with him. Air, a breeze to the left ... normally he'd assume that meant outside, but whoever had put him there was clearly not to be trusted. No - it wouldn't lead outside. That would be too easy ... wouldn't it? His head turned the other way and he bit his lip. The light he'd seen earlier - that came from the other direction.

"We've got fresh air to the left, but I wouldn't trust whatever psycho has put us here, so I don't think that's going to lead us outside. I saw a light earlier - that's to the right." Truth be told, he would have liked to just pick a path and lead down it - but both directions seemed equally ominous at this point, and he couldn't bring himself to make the choice. "Shit, where do we go?"

GamerCarrot GamerCarrot InsanEleven InsanEleven Hel Hel

Gestation
full

Happiness can find you just as easily as sadness.

At the brink of despair one can discover the seed of hope.
From a moment of gladness you can be brought down by the cruel weight of reality.

A deathly panic grips the group of men and women gathered in a dark and wet womb.
Soon to be devoid of all life once more.

Day 0

The sound of rushing water assaults your senses as you watch the men and women who were not fortunate enough to wake getting swallowed in the dimly lit surroundings before you leave. At your respective exits you make your choice and go on. A few stay undecided but still aware enough to escape if they are quick enough. The only blessing of the darkness being the fact that the electricity was likely gone from the way the lights dimmed out. The obvious curse was that those doors that were not sealed behind them were now flooding the corridors behind them with the murky water. A watery grave awaited those who failed to decide.

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick...

Last edited:
Darkness all she could see were a few shapes but all around darkness, trying to look around in the corridor they were in was fruitless. She tried letting her eyes adjust to the sudden darkness which didn’t help in the slightest. She stretched her hand out to touch the left most wall, she followed it down to where Virgil was.

Fuck. It splits into two paths.

The closer she got to where Virgil was the more she could feel a slight breeze. She stopped just before she smacked herself into him.

Shit, where do we go?

She wanted to go towards the breeze but like Virgil she didn’t trust who put them here either, although her main goal was to at least find a light source of some sort. She had good eyesight but that didn’t help in the dark, she wasn’t an owl “It couldn’t be that easy to get outside, could it?” she spoke being directly behind Virgil. She had noticed two others had followed them in, she turned her head slightly to the right “What about you two? What do you think?!” she asked. She thought about the options they had, the one to the left may have fresh air but there could be a chance that the same thing that happened to the last room they were in could happen again. Rethinking it they had that problem with both directions, if she had a coin and some light she’d flip it and whatever the coin landed on that is where she would go – not the best way to get out of a place but it was better than just waiting. She didn’t know how long that door behind them could hold the pressure coming from the water but she’d rather not stay and find out.
Collidias Rex Collidias Rex InsanEleven InsanEleven Hel Hel

Akira'd been third in line, but unlike Ash he'd been feeling in front of him, and at the dulled pressure of touching a bodypart - although he couldn't tell which exactly - he stopped, not bumping into them. Just to make sure they wouldn't get lost, he pinched a piece of cloth between his thumb, index and middle finger. So now he was holding Elizabeth's hand, and most likely the shirt of the lady whom he did not know. When the question was asked, he overthought their options for a moment... the breeze, or the light?
"It might be best to find a light source first, so we can see if we're in a building or underground... especially if the door doesn't stop the water. Seeing where we're going might be nice as well..." Right about now, he wished he had had his belt with police utilities. Flashlight, gun and taser... hell, even pepper spray would make him feel safer. "Who knows what that breeze is anyway... if it's a draft, it might just be air pulled the other way..." Was that how air worked? Pressure did, didn't it... that meant if a door was open on one side, it might just be air pulled out... right? There was a reason he was a police officer and not a forensic investigator. He also didn't quite want to utter words of paranoia yet, as he was sure that didn't help making the right decision in the end.

Hel Hel GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Collidias Rex Collidias Rex

Thomas wasn't exactly sure what he was expecting when he had investigated the hole in the floor, but getting hit by a geyser of water was definitely not one. While the blast of water didn't cause any lasting damage, it had left him winded and his head in a daze. It took him several seconds to regain any semblance of thought. 'Well, that sucked like something nasty.' Thomas probably would've sat there for a few minutes to catch his breath, however he felt the water was rising and saw the dying lights. 'I stand corrected as usual.' Pushing himself to his feet as quickly as his slightly dazed head would allow, Thomas searched for an exit and saw his limited options.

As he steadied his skewed sense of balance and his head cleared, Thomas saw one door slam shut, leaving him with few other doors. Seeing that one of remaining doors was open with a couple people near it, Thomas started towards started towards it. His movement stopped when Thomas heard a cry for help and drew his attention to a man struggling to open a rather heavy looking door. His cry had triggered something in his brain and his body responded by freezing. 'Don't do it! It's not a good idea!' Thomas told himself, only to retort his own words. 'That guy needs help! Am I just going to leave him there, like I did her?' After arguing with himself on whether to help the man or not and successfully guilt-tripping himself. Thomas quickly moved to the man's side and threw his weight into moving the heavy door. While Thomas still breathing heavily from being winded, he was stronger than what most people think when they look at him. Even still, Thomas could feel his muscles start to burn as pushed against the door.

billthesomething billthesomething
Joseph let a small smiled adorn his lips as he watched another guy arrive help him move the door, And with his assistance, They managed to fully open the door "Haha, Fuck Yeah. Thanks Pal!!" he shouted before running into the room behind the door

Abel sat back and watched as the man in front of him struggle to open the door. He figured he would let the guy tried himself out before he tried to help. That's when he saw the water begin to fill the room and panic started to set in. Abel was frozen in fear, and felt as if his body and mind were in a battle for control. His head was telling himself, he needed to find a way out of this room and fast but his limbs just wouldn’t move. He was confused, scared and really wanted to just wake up from this nightmare. Even as the man nearby called for help, Abel couldn’t find the strengthen to move.

It wasn’t until the second man came to help open the door and they both successfully opened it that Abel came to his senses. He yelled out “Fuck!” as he tried to move as quickly as possible to the now opened door. He pushed Thomas through t he door, knowing that they need to get into that room as fast as possible. Once he crossed the threshold of the room he let out a sigh. “That was a close one. I have to thank you guys for finding a way out of there.” billthesomething billthesomething Fletchawk Fletchawk

She hadn't had time to inspect the door any further before the stranger - Akira, he'd said his name was - pulled her with him. She didn't resist, she wanted to leave this room just as badly, but she hated leaving a puzzle unsolved. She hated taking the easy way out. She also was certain that she'd hate to drown. She turned, and ran alongside Akira towards the door, and two others. There was a man and a woman there, and off to the side, there were three other guys struggling with a seemingly heavy door. She breifly contemplated going over and helping the others, but was being lead to the already open door that smelled like rusted metal and iron.

"Is there a slope to either side?" Elizabeth asked with a quiet voice. She knew he only thing a breeze meant was that there was an area of higher pressure in that direction. It could be outside, or it could be artificial. "The breeze might not mean anything, but with the water in the other room... I don't want to go any lower than we are." She worried that the door wouldn't hold back the water, and she wasn't close enough to the intercepting hall to figure out much more than what the others were saying.

The stranger in front of her had guided her down the hall and, given the darkness, she understood why he hadn't released her hand. She didn't like it, but she understood.

A slope. High ground? Shit, that would make sense.

Virgil steadied himself, a hand on each wall as he gazed into the dark. He could feel the breeze on his face, unnervingly cool in the stale corridor. Inquisitively, he probed the floor with his foot. It seemed like a long shot that one pa-

"Fuck me sideways." His foot met resistance. He kicked out gently, then further again. The obstacle was higher. "There is a slope."

He followed the dead-end wall to the other path, the spike on his arm dragging quietly across the wall. Again, he probed forward with his foot. Nothing this time.

"The breeze is coming from up a slope to the left." He moved back to where he had felt the floor rise. "Gotta side with the lady on this one. I don't think it's gonna be that easy to escape, but high ground means keeping out of the immediate danger. Let's get moving."

With that, he set forth toward the breeze, moving carefully and probing forward with his foot as he moved, searching for footing with every step as he held the spike against the wall, keeping his balance.

Hel Hel InsanEleven InsanEleven GamerCarrot GamerCarrot

This is too easy. The thought spiked through his head like the sirens of the emergency services. Nothing about this felt right.
"Wait! Think for a moment... like of those mazes scientists have for experiments with mice. If we're like the mouse... wouldn't this be exactly how they would get us in that hallway?" A sense of fear, panic... they'd learn the patterns of it, learn how to manipulate people into doing exactly what they wanted. That's what this was wasn't it? The weird modifications, the layout... these were no kidnappers... and they were no hostages. We're guinea pigs, aren't we? At the very least in the clutches of someone with resources, if he was right and this place was set up exactly to control them.
"If we were hostages, or abducted, someone would have shown themselves to us. To intimidate us or just to see if we're all still alive. But they haven't, they didn't care for the people still asleep. This follows nothing like any traditional cases. To take that path, I'm sure that's exactly where they'd want you to be. If the door didn't hold for a while, we'd be up to our knees in water by now. At the least we can allow ourselves to give the other way a short scan and run back when the water rises?" His agitated whispers fell through the hall, and he could only hope it reached through to them. If it didn't he could only join them in their move up; he wasn't there to explore, to be adventurous, he was there to keep them safe.
He wouldn't let himself be separated, but this gnawing gut feeling just didn't sit right. Being an officer had taught him this way of thinking... why. Like the criminal. Where would they hide their drugs, what excuses would a guy make that beat his wife... right now he couldn't place himself in the people that would make this whole situation, other than to think of this like an experiment. A human game of mouse meets maze... and he wasn't so sure if the end goal was about their survival at all...
Collidias Rex Collidias Rex GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Hel Hel

Last edited:
Ash nodded, not that anyone could see that. She followed along, taking steps trying to get a feel if there was something in the way of where she stepped – still having her hand pressed against the wall so she had some sense of where she was going. She stopped walking when she heard Akira speak up. She agreed in terms that it may not be as simple as it seems who ever put them here probably had an elaborate scheme planned for them and who knows maybe the way out wasn’t exactly a way out the door they were possibly heading to maybe locked and the breeze they are getting is a hole in the wall. She didn't have any particular care in which way they went just as long as one of the options led them to the outside.

Damn my curiosity! She thought “It honestly couldn’t hurt to check, right?” she replied, there are multiple ways it could go wrong by checking what was down stairs. They didn’t know what was down stairs, there could be documents down there that may tell them what is happening to them but at the same time it could also lead to a dead end. Doubt it though she thought, she became conflicted. On one hand her curiosity was telling her to see what was down stairs and if there was nothing they could easily run back and check and on the other she wanted to get out, even if the place they started walking towards may still be a sealed area with an artificial breeze going through it. The only problem with going downstairs if with the amount of time they’ve been in this corridor it could have been flooded by now which would make their venture down there pointless. “Say we go down, what do you think we could find down there?” she asked Akira. She thought about getting the group to split up into two's, two go up and the other two go down and see what was down there but that was even more dangerous.
InsanEleven InsanEleven Hel Hel Collidias Rex Collidias Rex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back