• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ❀ the book of friends

pollypocket

wallet holder
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

tumblr_nbi04xIQhR1ro861co1_500.gif

For as long as you can remember, you've been able to see things that others haven't.

Spirits, ghosts, yokai, demons; Regardless of what you call them, they appear to you but not to others. Whether it's a gift or a curse, this ability is one you're stuck with. Luckily, interacting with spirits isn't necessarily so bad, when you avoid the vengeful ones. It can certainly be a nuisance, but you've managed to live an almost normal life up until now.

That is, until the Book of Friends comes into your possession.

With such an innocuous name, it's hard to believe that the thing could hold so much power. But written in the book are the names of countless spirits, all of whom are forced to do the bidding of the one who owns it. Many want their names removed from its pages, while others would stop at nothing to get their hands on it and gain control over others.

You don't learn this until you and your friends stumble across the book and find it in your possession, inadvertently becoming an object of interest for nearly every spirit in the area. Not exactly an ideal situation, but you've managed to live in peace with spirits up until now; And if you're lucky, this book could turn out just as friendly as the name suggests.

(Provided you can survive the occasional yokai attack, of course.)

NS3-02.gif

alright, so i just recently started nastume yuujinchou/natsume's book of friends- and no, before you click off, this isn't a fandom rp and you don't need to have seen the show to participate, i promise! i'm only about 10 episodes in, and i have no idea if this show is well-known or even well-liked, but i do have a strong urge to rp something inspired by it.

basically, i want to follow the general vibes of the show- a heartfelt slice of life with supernatural elements. there's definitely going to be conflict, especially with the whole being hunted by yokai thing going on, but that's not the focus of this rp. it'll be more about character interaction and development, so if you're looking for constant action, this won't be the place for you.

i know i wrote the blurb a certain way, but not everyone participating in the rp has to be a human who can see the yokai. the basic idea in my head is that the characters would be made up of one or two people who can see the yokai, maybe a couple of human friends of theirs who can't, and an actual yokai/spirit or two for good measure. the humans find the book of friends, and along with whatever non-humans are allied with them, they have to deal with the issues it brings... i don't have any actual set roles, though, and if you have any kind of character idea that you think would fit into a setting like this, i'd love to hear about it! i'd like for this to be a small group, so i'll probably cap it at around 6 players- if there's more interest than i expect then i may open a couple more spots, but i don't really see that being a problem.

discord will be required for ooc and plotting, so please be willing to use it if you show interest. if we get a couple replies, i'll make a server for us and we can get moving from there.

ciao ciao!

Bruh... I've always wanted to play a powerless, side-character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back