• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Black Sun [Earthdawn Interest Check] [Forum] [Dice]

So, as we are about a month after all the hoopla started for Earthdawn, is this still something likely to come around as this month moves forward? How is progress on the new edition?

I was told via PM that we are going to wait for the new rules to come out, but the game would be happening.

solyrflair said:
What is "half-magic" as people call it in the system. I see the reference, but don't know what they are talking about. Maybe more reading is required.
I feel downright delinquent in missing this question. Each edition has had a slightly different scope on what exactly this means and how it functions, so for the sake of clarity this is the 4E version. Half-Magic is an in-world concept to cover abilities which should be a natural part of a discipline's abilities, but are not covered by a discrete talent. They function similarly to a talent with a rank equal to your Circle in the associated discipline (including the ability to spend Karma on the test). Examples of the scope include: a Thief can build and bypass security measures intended to prevent theft, and to recognize different types of locking mechanisms, and a Wizard can identify different types of magic, identify specific uses of Wizardry, and knowledge of magical rituals. Again, this is only meant to fill in the gaps between talents, explicitly not replace a talent or skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back