• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Black Sun [Earthdawn Interest Check] [Forum] [Dice]

[QUOTE="Cthulhu_Wakes]The Cathay books were not great.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah--never saw them. We went to Cathay in our major campaign back in 1e but the ST winged it all since there was so little info on it back then.

I don't know what to think. I never played any of the EarthDawn versions. I heard about them and was always interested in trying, but the group I played with wasn't interested in trying anything new.

That said, since this post came up, I did a little online reading and this might be something I could be interested in joining. Not entirely sure about the dice rolling, though I am sure people who know better could help me. If you have an opening, I would be interested.

Curious about what people are planning on playing. I still have no idea. I saw a couple of possible Disciplines. Didn't want to overlap with others, but not sure what to choose.

solyrflair said:
I don't know what to think. I never played any of the EarthDawn versions. I heard about them and was always interested in trying, but the group I played with wasn't interested in trying anything new.
That said, since this post came up, I did a little online reading and this might be something I could be interested in joining. Not entirely sure about the dice rolling, though I am sure people who know better could help me. If you have an opening, I would be interested.

Curious about what people are planning on playing. I still have no idea. I saw a couple of possible Disciplines. Didn't want to overlap with others, but not sure what to choose.
It looks far more complicated than it is.

Do we have a list of potential players and their potential Disciplines and Races? I just did some more reading and was starting to think about what I would exclude from my options. I would also like to limit based on some of the potential combinations that others might choose.

Well, it's a month or more away, so people may change their minds. Just get a few options and think aloud a bit. I don't know that anyone has settled on anything hard as far as Disciplines go save perhaps Sage. Races aren't a biggie.

[QUOTE="Cthulhu_Wakes]Well, it's a month or more away, so people may change their minds. Just get a few options and think aloud a bit. I don't know that anyone has settled on anything hard as far as Disciplines go save perhaps Sage. Races aren't a biggie.

[/QUOTE]
'Sept Humans:tongue:. And there is a 90% chance I'd choose Scout.

Exthalion said:
I have not played Earthdawn, or read very much about it, but the premise looks interesting.
It is a blast and a half, IMO one of the best non-mainstream fantasy settings going. Even though it has Elves, Dwarves, and Orcs it is quite a departure from the Tolkienian standard.

Orcs are completely different. They are spelled with a 'k'. Ork. And from what I read about name givers, that change in spelling makes all the difference. :)

The more I read, I like a dwarf or troll thief as a concept. A few other things are interesting me as well. When the books come out and the new game starts up, I will see what I leach on to. Wizard is also cool. Not sure what race would do well with that, but I will think about that later.

solyrflair said:
Orcs are completely different. They are spelled with a 'k'. Ork. And from what I read about name givers, that change in spelling makes all the difference. :)
The more I read, I like a dwarf or troll thief as a concept. A few other things are interesting me as well. When the books come out and the new game starts up, I will see what I leach on to. Wizard is also cool. Not sure what race would do well with that, but I will think about that later.
Yeah I typed Orc out of habit, but you are right.

Even though the races have the names and some of the physical traits. i.e. the old Dwarfs as master craftsmen trope, some things about the races a very different, Blood Elves for instance are an interesting turn on elves. But the huge difference is the setting, particularly the base concept that Adepts *all* use magic---though each in their way. Hence the difference in having something like lock picking as a Talent or as a Skill. That and the whole Name-giving concept really sets Disciplines well apart from classes in other game, IMO.

Based on the cursory reading I've done, I think I'd like to play a Windling Archer. Now to do more research and study the rulebooks...

[QUOTE="Silent Wayfarer]Based on the cursory reading I've done, I think I'd like to play a Windling Archer. Now to do more research and study the rulebooks...

[/QUOTE]
Windlings are cool just be aware that unless they changed it in 3rd ed. their weapons do 1/2 damage and they have a max STR, they do make awesome casters though as they are not at negatives there. Not that they can't be combat types, I just like to warn peeps so they are aware of that.

Yeah, I'm aiming to use armor-defeating hits, Flame Arrow and poison to even the odds a little.

I should look into magic too...

What is "half-magic" as people call it in the system. I see the reference, but don't know what they are talking about. Maybe more reading is required.

The Most Fabulous t'skrang Swordmaster remains in my head. Can't promise he won't sound like a Khajiit, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back