The Best Part of Making an RP

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Yep, ladies and gents and nonbinary nonhuman compatriots!

For those of you who have run roleplays before, what's your favorite part of constructing roleplay and why? Is it the worldbuilding? Seeing the thread come together? Going through character sheets? Hashing out wisps of ideas?

For me, it's gathering the crowd. I looooove people, and I love to talk to people about things I love. Like other people. Like roleplaying. I get such a thrill watching people flood into a thread and get excited about something I've put together for them. When people get hyped, I get hyped too! And it's just good energy all around.

So yes. Tell me. What's the best part of setting up/running a roleplay for you? And why?

I actually really like seeing how players react to the material, and the kind of characters they wring out of it for themselves.

And then having those characters meet. Also exposing said characters to various parts of the world they might be unfamiliar with, or very familiar indeed.

Mine is creating the characters! I love creating my own characters, however I do become bit frustrated when looking for a name...( O.o )

As @Dusky and @Killigrew will attest, the best part for me is putting them in to somewhat conventional quests and seeing how they decide to approach to the whole scenario in their own unique and occasionally strange way, along with a little prodding from me to add additional shenanigans.

Currently in my DnD game they're trying to save a ghetto from being burned down, and have managed to do a... good... job of it. For a given definition of the word.

Last edited by a moderator:
Characters, characters everywhere and not a game to play.

I love developing themes inside games. It's part of the reason why I hate writing a 'sample' post. I develop all that during the game. I love throwing blank slates at people and seeing the usually volatile reaction unfurl. Time and events are what make people people, why not characters too!

And JT, that Ghetto needs to burn down...

amybri18 said:
Mine is creating the characters! I love creating my own characters, however I do become bit frustrated when looking for a name...( O.o )
Same~!

Making characters is so much fun, especially when you are really able to flesh one out and write endlessly on them. But I agree, finding names is probably the hardest part of making a character in my opinion. ^^

Because I never usually reuse my characters, I just have so many all around this site, and it's a little crazy how much originality I can happen to come up with for them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back