• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Avengers: Power of the X-Gene

demdo_demi

Back for more!
Signup Thread: Fandom - The Avengers: Power of the X-Gene [Signup Thread]
RP Thread: TBA

It has been seven years since the Avengers, joined by the Guardians of the Galaxy, defeated the Madtitan Thanos and his Outrider army. The Sokovia Accords have been renounced, and the Avengers, or at least most of them, have been reunited. Back at the Avengers Compound, Tony Stark continues to improve his armors, while also keeping keeping the world safe from threats alongside the Avengers.

Stephen Strange, the Sorcerer Supreme, has returned to his Sanctum to save the world from monster from other dimensions and has yet again, isolated himself from the rest of the world. T'Challa, King of Wakanda, has returned to his homeland and has yet to be seen by the public ever since then. Clint Barton, once known as Hawkeye, has gone missing. Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow, has also gone missing, though many suspect she's left for a mission, whereas Barton just vanished. Bruce has gone to search for Betty Ross, his old love, now that the Accords have been removed.

Now, the Avengers consist of the Invincible Iron Man, Thor, God of Thunder, the Sensational Spider-Man, the Astonishing Ant-Man & the Wasp, Mighty Captain Marvel, Falcon, War Machine, Bucky Barnes, and Scarlet Witch.

With the exception of Wakandan battlegrounds and downtown Manhattan, the damage caused by the Black Order had been low. For the past years since the event, the Avengers have contributed in restoring the peace of Wakanda and NY, and have been on higher alert than ever before. Crime rates in New York City has decreased over the years, and peace has finally been restored. It was the most the Avengers could do to for their now deceased leader, Steve Rogers.

But not for long. Back when Thanos spawned gateways on various Earth cities, radiation spread from the alien machinery and into the Terran Atmosphere. This radiation fought its way through hundreds of thousands of blood cells and bodily defenses until it entered the DNA of the human body. Although the radiation did not do anything to those who were contaminated. Eventually, medicine was created to destroy the radiation, and before you knew it, everybody forgot about the radiation contamination.

A few dozen feet ran across the concrete floor. All equipped with weaponry, the men running were all heading somewhere until they all stopped mid hallway. The lights above them flickered on and off, although either way, the end of the hall was still pitch black. The men in the front got onto one knee or crouched, aiming their guns at the door at the end of the hall. On the other side, screaming could be heard from two people, though one person suddenly stopped, and eventually, the second. The men in the hall, despite looking fearless and strong, wanted nothing more than to just run away and hope to survive.

But their boss wouldn't approve of that, even if it meant dying instead. So they waited. Sweat dripped from the side of many faces. Suddenly, the door creaked, creating a high pitched screeching noise. The darkness of the hallway prevented the men from realizing their enemy was already in. Gripping his gun tightly, one of the men tried to focus on the darkness, prepared to shoot as soon as someone walked through that door, but his gaze gradually shifted from the darkness to his gun. Slowly, the gun became to dismantle. Every single piece of his weapon began to disconnect in a slow and smooth way. The other men's weapons began to drift into pieces as well, and soon, the room was just full of men looking at flying metal pieces. A large figure suddenly appeared from the darkness. The guards looked up in shock as they saw a terrifying man, dressed in crimson red approach them.

The floating gun pieces suddenly jolted right into the guards faces. All but one. The guard in the far back stood up, smirking as blue skin started to form all around his body. The man's shaved head turned into crimson red hair, above a slim blue face and shiny yellow eyes. His tactical gear turned into a white uniform, leaving only her arms bare and the rest covered in thin armor. The blue lady approached the first guard and grabbed his head, throwing it into the metal wall to her right and knocking him out. She then kicked the next guard across the face, quickly taking down every guard one by one.

Soon, the room was cleared, and the blue girl looked up at the large red figure. Behind him, one of the injured guards pulled out a small handgun from his thigh holster. Aiming directly at the red man's head, he pulled the trigger. The bullet rang across the air but suddenly stopped. Standing in front of the hurt guard was the red man, holding his arm out towards him; the bullet only inches away from his hand. The lights finally flickered on, revealing the face of a man wearing a red and purple helmet. The guard looked in shocked confusion at the tall red man and the blue woman. The bullet began to turn around and faced the guard. Releasing his grip, the bullet flew right into the man's knees. A quick yelp of pain came out of the guard's mouth. He looked up at the red man, only to see he was still staring right back at him.

The red man turned around finally after a long moment of staring into the hurt guard's eyes. The red man flicked his neck to the side, and the metal connected to the guard's armor collar suddenly squeezed the guard's neck, suffocating him instantly. The man in the helmet walked down the hallway, stepping over the dead bodies and entering the room the guards tried so desperately to protect. The red man turned to his right and approached a small closed off office. He stopped, a few feet away from the door. The door was locked, and many scared voices could be heard panicking within.

The man looked at the blue woman, and she nodded. She walked up to the door and paused. Suddenly, her voice became the one of a scared middle aged man.

"G-Guys! Guys, open up! He's coming! Please, don't leave me out here!" She mimicked, awaiting a reply. There was a long pause as the people inside considered whether letting "him" in. Suddenly, the lock on the door unfastened. The blue woman kicked the door open, revealing to the scared men and women inside who really was outside. Before the woman closest to the two could close the door, the man in red broke the metal door off of it's hilts and threw it across the room.

"I believe I have some unfinished business with your supervisors."

Alright, so what is this?
The Avengers: Power of the X-Gene is the continuation of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, or MCU for short, that includes both the Avengers and the first X-Men. After the demise of Thanos, the X-Gene has spread across the world and mutants are beginning to pop out of nowhere. The Avengers, after the untimely death of Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, must now face a threat far worse than an alien invasion, but human extinction as we know it.

ROLES:
(If a character is not there, then I will either be playing him/her (Tony Stark), they are dead (Steve Rogers), or they will not be featured for now; Example - Black Panther, currently in Wakanda. They could also not be in the role-play at all, like the Guardians.)
Avengers:
Thor Odinson: True Blue Flannel True Blue Flannel
Peter Parker / Spider-Man: Webhead Webhead
Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel: myst.erion myst.erion
Scott Lang / (Gi)Ant-Man: JacobTurner JacobTurner
Hope Van Dyne / Wasp:
James Buchanan Barnes: MoonLegend101 MoonLegend101
Sam Wilson / Falcon:
James Rhodes / War Machine:
Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch:
ABSENT T'Challa / Black Panther:
ABSENT Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow:
ABSENT Bruce Banner / The Hulk:
The First X-Men:
Bobby Drake:
Scott Summers:
Hank McCoy:
Jubilation Lee: Epiphany Epiphany
Piotr Rasputin: DiamondJack DiamondJack
Warren Worrington:
Ororo Munroe:

I currently do not plan on having you guys play villains, but if I get enough requests for so, I will add villain roles.

. . . . .
Rules:
I - The obvious; no erotic content
II - Since this is MCU-based, some language is allowed (Ex: Shit, Damn, etc.) though if you've been keeping up with the films, there is limited language and no use of Fuck.
III - The direction I want to head in with this role-play is a "what-if" scenario, where mutants begin to show up and the Avengers must decide how to respond after such events, considering the tragedy of Lagos with Scarlet Witch. This role-play will be very story-based rather free roam, at least for the second half and beyond. The first part should be seeing where everybody is and then furthering the plot from there.
IV - The most roles you are allowed to have is 2 at the moment, but depending on few/many people join, the number may increase/decrease.
. . . . .

More info on the actual plot will be put in the main role-play post.
Anyway, who's interested?

Last edited:
I'd be interested in this! It sounds quite fascinating, and like it could be quite enjoyable as well. (: I'd love to perform Bucky Barnes for this roleplay, if it'd be okay to reserve roles at this point. Though, just for the sake of curiosity, may I ask if Bucky would still have the identity of the Winter Soldier at this point of working with the Avengers, or would he have taken the mantle of Captain America to honor Steve Rogers? Either way would be completely fine with me, as I really like the idea of him succeeding Steve in the role but it'd also be fine if not, so I was just wondering about that particular detail.

This rp has me more than intrigued! XD I have great interest in playing Carol/Captain Marvel. In fact, its my only interest :P I hope you can allow me to play her character, same as Moon :)
That intro is absolute gold btw

The Avengers: Power of the X-Gene Announcement #1:
Got a Discord? You may need it.
(The role-play will be here on RPNation, but the Discord server would be just to communicate easily with each other. You don't need Discord, but just saying, you'll be missing out on a lot of conversations; some maybe even crucial to the roleplay.)
By the end of next week, I will tally up all of the people interested and see if it's plausible to begin by then. If not, we shall wait another 5 days. After those five days, we will begin.
That is if we don't have enough people by the end of next week, of course.

Update A: Interest Check Update i
Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) has been added to the roles. She was already apart of the story, I just forgot to list her. My bad.

Update B: Character-related Update i
Bruce Banner (The Hulk), T'Challa (Black Panther), & Natasha Romanoff (Black Widow) will be added to the roles, although they will have a little "Absent" label next to them, and I will tell the users who reserve them when they are allowed to be brought into the roleplay.

Update C: Story-related Update i
Some old villains are confirmed to return during this roleplay. One's big, one's purple, and the other's green. Those are the only hints I'll give you. ;)

I'll try and get an Announcement out every day or two. All depends on how productive I am.

Recent Replies:
When are we going to start the rp

When we get enough people, and as of now, we're nowhere near.

Hey I'm interested, can I take on Barnes, if not possible can I do thor

MoonLegend101 has already asked for Barnes, but Thor is open.

This rp has me more than intrigued! XD I have great interest in playing Carol/Captain Marvel. In fact, its my only interest :P I hope you can allow me to play her character, same as Moon :)
That intro is absolute gold btw

Great! I was a bit worried nobody would pick Captain Marvel since she hasn't been in a film yet, so this works out perfectly. I hope you don't mind me asking, but who is Moon? Also, thank you.

I'd be interested in this! It sounds quite fascinating, and like it could be quite enjoyable as well. (: I'd love to perform Bucky Barnes for this roleplay, if it'd be okay to reserve roles at this point. Though, just for the sake of curiosity, may I ask if Bucky would still have the identity of the Winter Soldier at this point of working with the Avengers, or would he have taken the mantle of Captain America to honor Steve Rogers? Either way would be completely fine with me, as I really like the idea of him succeeding Steve in the role but it'd also be fine if not, so I was just wondering about that particular detail.

Yes, I should probably have mentioned that you can reserve spots. While I'm leaving the characters to the user to characterize, I did have a thought for Barnes. I, personally, think it'd be cool if Bucky was still just Bucky for now, but as time goes on, he takes on the mantle of Captain America. Not promising anything, but I was planning on having.."continuations" of this roleplay (if you catch my drift,) so character development and frequent changes in the team are something I'm looking forward to.

Lovely to hear! :D I'm sure I should be able to pull her off even without the big screen :P oh, and I was just referring to the user who commented above me about reserving spots :P Moon Legend 101?

Yes, I should probably have mentioned that you can reserve spots. While I'm leaving the characters to the user to characterize, I did have a thought for Barnes. I, personally, think it'd be cool if Bucky was still just Bucky for now, but as time goes on, he takes on the mantle of Captain America. Not promising anything, but I was planning on having.."continuations" of this roleplay (if you catch my drift,) so character development and frequent changes in the team are something I'm looking forward to.

Hm... well, I do like the idea of Bucky not yet being able to bring himself to actually take up Cap's shield due to not feeling worthy of actually being Captain America after all he's done, even though Steve might have wanted him to take the role. It is in an interesting idea indeed, though I can see Bucky also feeling a bit uncomfortable running around with the Avengers while having the identity or at least being recognized as the Winter Soldier- due to what he's done while under that name in the past, it might be a bit awkward for him to be in the Avengers that way. But in any case, if you don't think that would be a huge problem or anything, I can indeed roleplay Bucky when he's still in that transitional phase of just being Bucky, but is starting to become gradually convinced that he would do much more good for the world and Steve's legacy by becoming Captain America. That would probably be quite fun to roleplay out as well! (:

The Avengers: Power of the X-Gene Announcement #2
The story-writing process is going well; just finished the first draft and am now going to improve it.

Update A: Character-related Update ii
The X-Men characters will not have their hero names yet (unless they have the title before their powers, like a wrestler name they decided to keep) and won't even have costumes either. This goes for Scott Summers (Cyclops), Jubilation Lee (Jubilee), Piotr Rasputin (Colossus), Bobby Drake (Iceman), Hank McCoy (Beast), & Warren Worthington (Angel).
Charles Xavier has been removed from the roles, and Ororo Munroe (Storm) has been added to them.

Recent Replies:
Hey I know I kinda claimed Thor but I can I take a backside on that and do black widow ( I know she would be absent)

Alright. So both or just Widow?

Hm... well, I do like the idea of Bucky not yet being able to bring himself to actually take up Cap's shield due to not feeling worthy of actually being Captain America after all he's done, even though Steve might have wanted him to take the role. It is in an interesting idea indeed, though I can see Bucky also feeling a bit uncomfortable running around with the Avengers while having the identity or at least being recognized as the Winter Soldier- due to what he's done while under that name in the past, it might be a bit awkward for him to be in the Avengers that way. But in any case, if you don't think that would be a huge problem or anything, I can indeed roleplay Bucky when he's still in that transitional phase of just being Bucky, but is starting to become gradually convinced that he would do much more good for the world and Steve's legacy by becoming Captain America. That would probably be quite fun to roleplay out as well! (:

It's up to you, man. I've seen you as old Luke Skywalker and I have full trust in your capabilities.

I’m interested in playing Colossus (Piotr Rasputin).

Great to have another face join. Welcome aboard.

The Avengers: Power of the X-Gene Announcement #3

Update A: Characters iii
I got rid of the Defenders since they really have nothing to do with the story at all. Also, for now until more people join, you are allowed 3 characters. I may retcon this incase some more people join, though I'm really just trying to get those slots filled as soon as possible.

Recent Replies:
I'm interested in Jubilation Lee if that's cool.

Thanks for joining us, and of course. The role is all yours.

It's up to you, man. I've seen you as old Luke Skywalker and I have full trust in your capabilities.

Oh my, thank you very much! I'm very flattered and glad that you do then, and I'll certainly do my best with performing this character as well. (: I was actually going to go with Bucky being in that transitional phase at first- but then I realized that seven years have passed in the roleplay since Infinity War and, presumably, Steve's death.

I think by this point, Bucky would have taken up the shield by now, if only because he'd know that the world needs and will want a Captain America sooner or later, and it'd be hard for him to let anyone else carry the shield. If it had been just a few years after or so, then it'd be totally fitting and neat to write Bucky before he makes that choice- but I think it'd make sense for him to be Captain America at this point.

But only if that is okay, of course; if it isn't that'd be completely fine, that's just what I feel the character would be at this point. He could still go through a character arc about feeling guilty and unworthy, and maybe even giving up the shield at some point, but recently becoming Captain America seems like the best starting point to put him at, when considering the timeline.

Spider-Man reporting for duty!

Seriously, though, I would really like to play Spider-Man (:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back