The Avaricious Harpy

Istar wasn't perturbed or irritated in the least by the Halfling's barrage of questions , nor her delayed introduction. 'I acted the same way when I arrived , after all.' In fact , the only thing she found odd was being referred to as 'Lady' Valerys , her brow raising just slightly at the form of the address.

The Paladin waited just a moment for her comrade to introduce himself before responding , more measured than before but still quite eager. "I'm highly honored to meet you as well Rihaly! I've never met a Halfling before! Though there isn't a need for you to refer to me as Lady Valerys.. Simply referring to me as Istar would be more than welcome. I'm not born of nobility , regardless." She seemed to think a moment before continuing. "As for all your questions , Nameless Intent is our Guild. I don't have any idea what the Tavern's called! We're apparently supposed to perform various tasks , mostly object recovery , for unknown patrons. Giles and I are part of a.. group together , and I'm assuming you would be a part of ours as well. The trial was to see if you were worthy of joining - Giles and I completed ours only recently! Did you claim your trophy?"

The halfling woman frowned up at the elf paladin who stood across from her, then swiftly replaced the expression with another smile. "But did you not say you were a paladin of Corellon, Lady Vis... ah, Istar? Doesn't that make you a holy knight?" That it seemed trumped noble birth in her world view, but her expression cleared at last with apparent understanding. "Oh of course. Wait, our Guild? Does that mean I've passed the Hood's tests?" She squinted one eye shut and tried to imagine the elven maiden in that kind of shrouding hood. Rihaly could picture it surprisingly well as it happened; it could easily have been Istar under the hood. But then it could just as easily been anyone else in the tavern with the possible exception of the dwarf sitting back with her drink and enjoying the entertainment. "...are you the Hood?" she asked, a little dubiously. Istar did say she'd completed her own test just recently, which made it unlikely. "Who is in charge exactly? Who do I talk to about hiring terms?" Trophy. The elf said trophy. "And who do I need to show this to?" Reaching into her shoulder bag, she pulled out a shiny golden statue of an armored knight resting hands upon the pommel of their sword, and placed it on the tabletop with a click.

"Also, do you know if I can change some money here?" She lifted a handful of copper coins out from the same satchel and dropped it on the table. "I found a few other things while I was in there."

The dwarf smiles and leans back on her bench, resting her back on the wall and holding her pint, watching the new recruits discuss the events of their acceptance. "Aye, I can answer some of yer questions." Taking a sip of the strong brown ale. "Aye, ye passed the Trial, normally ye would show that," Indicating the trophy with her chin. "To Da Manager, and the elf here," Looking to Istar. "Is not 'Da Hood' As you say, she be new jus like ye be. 'Da Hood' be da one yer team lead talks to. They'll be able to sort ye out." She took a long pondering drink seeing the handful of coppers tumble onto the table. "Well I would nae be called Coppergrip if'n I could nae help wit dat." She winks at you and leans on the table looking at a single coin and then eyeing the satchel. "Name be Magga Coopergrip, an how many ye got?"

The halfling woman winked back at Magga Coppergrip, laughter in her eyes. "Well now, why don't you and I find out together? I didn't have time to count them while I was fumbling around in the dark now, did I?" Suiting action to word, she took a quick gulp from her own pint mug and then began to count. She counted ten copper coins into a stack then begins a new stack immediately adjacent. When she had five stacks she shoved them off to one side in between the duo, and her hand kept dipping back into her shoulder satchel and drawing out an improbable amount of coinage. A hundred copper. Two hundred. Five hundred. A thousand. Two thousand, stack after stack in group after group with the relentless clink of coin on coin slowly pervading the tavern. Happily the exercise did not occupy the whole of her mind - only her hands - and Rihaly nodded to the trophy as her hands went about their patient business.

"So what actually am I to do with Sir Golden over there? Is he a joining bonus, or does the guild need him back for the next lucky soul they stuff into their basement to prove themselves? I have a letter too if that's significant." She notably didn't mention the other statue stuffed in her bag. Or the bow. This wasn't a shop after all, and the fact that Magga is willing to help her out with money changing didn't mean she was necessarily the best person to deal in ranged weaponry. Besides, the halfling could usually coax a better deal on her discoveries in an open marketplace even if she didn't find a prospective buyer who would pay in something better than coin. "Assuming all the terms are suitable, where do we go after we sign on? I'm very happy to stay in these comfortable surroundings, but I don't want to miss out on a good thing because of it." A quick smile formed on her agile face as she turned back to Istar curiously.

Clink. Clink. Clink. Three thousand coins, then most of the way to four before the last copper coin was placed atop its stack and a final count could be made. She hesitated, then dipped a hand into her belt pouch and placed a length of leather on the tabletop that she unrolled to reveal several little darts with glittering sharp tips. "Also, something tried to shoot these at me. Do you know if there's poison on them, or anything to be concerned about?" Anything useful she carefully doesn't say, though that truth glimmered merrily in her eyes.

Istar quirked her head slightly as the Halfling asked her if she was the Hooded figure , unsure of why Rihaly would assume such when the Elf had only recently joined the organization herself. She was about to answer the questions sent her way when the dwarf spoke up , and as he correctly answered a number of the questions she was about to the Paladin chose to wait for Giles to speak next. Given her formal training , it surprised her that the Halfling instead started discussing matters of coin with the Dwarf. She waited until it seemed the fire-maned woman was finished before she started to reply , still rather eager and exceedingly cordial , though her vibrant green eyes were open wider than usual. Her first statement came as the first two thousand copper coins clinked onto the table. "No , I'm not the Hooded figure. I joined scarcely two hours before you did Rihaly! I have a distinct feeling the Hooded Figure was either the leader of the organization , or a lieutenant to the one who leads the organization. Unless it's some kind of Council.. You are correct that being a Paladin does make me a holy knight , but you and I are are equals , Rihaly.. Friends if I'm not overstepping my bounds in terming our relationship in such a way. There isn't need to refer to me by any prestigious title , regardless of whether they may be true."

Istar's second statement came just after Rihaly asked about the darts , the Paladin very sure that this time the Halfling would be truly finished speaking. "Normally your statue would be given to the Hooded figure , but as he (or she) isn't present I'm not sure who it is you'll be giving it to.. They'd then gift you a brooch , the same I have on , which had numerous abilities.. among them , it prevented us from being hurt by long falls , and sheidled our thoughts. If the Hooded figure doesn't turn up I'd be happy to give you my own Rihaly , but I'd he or she'd turn up soon enough! I really wouldn't suggest trying to just give that trophy to anyone.. Nameless Intent seemed very possessive of their property , even the items they gifted to me. And as for where we are going following our departure from here.. we're going to ride an airship! Isn't that incredible? I've never even seen one before! Giles and I were just about to leave when you showed up , but now you can go with us! I'm very happy you arrived when you did Rihaly , it'll be so fun!" Once again the thought of the airship raised the volume of her voice , and if Rihaly chose to look at her she'd see perhaps the broadest smile possible gracing the Elf's ivory features. Her vibrant emerald eyes twinkled with sheer excitement at the prospect.

Last edited:
Magga leaned forward holding her pint, expecting maybe a handful or two of coppers. But as the pile kept growing and growing, at first she was impressed, then she was curious, and finally as she leaned back against the wall she was concerned at the sheer size of the mound covering the table. "By The Short Father..." She muttered into her cup.

With a slight shake of her head the smile returned to her face and nodded, concurring with the elf. "Aye, don't try and sell that, it's worthless to anyone else." A long drink passed her lips as her eyes roved over the dull coppery pile. "The elf be right, you be part of her team and yer team lead will take the trophy and get you sorted with the pin and you're tablets." Her fingers pulled a few coins and played them through over her fingers, letting numbers run through her mind. Looking to the bundle of sharpened pins, Magga squinted and shook her head. "That be beyond my ken. But it can't hurt to hang onto them."

Rihaly retrieved that last copper coin from the top of its stack and set it spinning, laughing at the friendly dwarf's expression. "Well if your dungeon designers will insist on using a whole pile of coin to hide their treasures. Imagine if I'd been a giant, how much I could have carried away with me!" For a moment the halfling daydreamed about what it would be like to be a giant, ten times her height and taking big bounding strides that ate up the ground between the cities. Stomp stomp stomp and here I am in in Proskur. Stroll for five minutes and I'm over here in Urmlaspyr. A jump across the Dragonmere and I'm in Westgate! Westgate seemed to have more mounds of coins than Rihaly remembered, and her face fell as the halfling found herself standing among the scattered coins in the middle of the table. The chastened woman returned to her seat and once again began stacking the copper into a tallyable state. "Fair enough," she quipped, rolled up the darts and returned both leather and trophy to her shoulder pack. It hadn't made much sense to her that Nameless Intent would offer up solid gold statues to their prospective hires, but she had wanted to believe and that had kept her looking out for that telltale golden sheen.

She turned back to the lissom blonde elf in her brown travelers' garb and shining chain, answering the twinkle in her emerald eyes with a bright smile that suggested all petty concerns about leaping through piles of money were once more far from her mind. "That sounds amazing," Lady "Istar!" she said with barely a pause. "I'll just hold onto them then, until someone offers to take them off my hands. I'd like a brooch with abilities too, and I need to talk to whoever it is about finding fees and expenses." She was less precise with the coins this time, shoving them into piles of about the right size and removing two copper from her pint by taking a draught. "I'd like to be friends," she added. "Even if I'm not always as good a person as a paladin". She still seemed hugely impressed by that. There was a lingering caution in the back of her mind, something that whispered not to trust anything that seemed to come so easily. She successfully ignored it for now. Lady Istar was a nice person, that's all it was. They did exist in Faerun after all!

Istar seemed rather oblivious to the Halfling's crestfallen expression , and so it failed to even partially dull her rising enthusiasm. Though it may have seemed impossible , her joy grew immensely when Rihaly offered friendship. "I'd love that! We'll be such wonderful friends Rihaly!" The Elf's excitement caused the words to be shouted loud enough for the entire tavern to hear them. However this time she caught herself , and quickly made an effort to lower the volume of her voice. "I've never had many friends , Rihaly , and never any who offered to be my friend first! You're a wonderful person Rihaly , other than mom and dad you're the best friend I've ever had!" The stratospherically overjoyed Paladin then leaned over and embraced the smaller Halfling , which given the size difference meant that Rihaly would be nearly engulfed in Istar's gentle grip. Pulling back from the friendly hug , a very perceptive being might've noticed the traces of color in her cheeks. "I'm so happy you're on my team Rihaly! Would you like to leave for the airship now? You'll get your brooch there! And then we'll get to fly in our airship! An airship! I've never even seen one!" It seemed as if this was quite the day of firsts for the young Paladin.

Magga nods, smiles and snort chuckles at the comment about the designers and being a giant. "Aye, but they nae be my builders. I've no right idea how they be made." Taking another long drink of the lovely brown ale. "If ye were a giant..." The words trailed off as the halfling stepped onto the table and began acting out the fantasy of being one of the large folk. One hand quickly moved to cover the pint of delicious combination of hops, barely, and water, but not before a coin or two landed in it.

The rest of the patrons in the bar took a brief moment to look to the elated elf, but quickly turned back to their own business, some with small smiles other with a shake of their heads. Remembering when they first joined.

Waiting for a pause in the growing conversation between the two new teammates. 'That elf be an odd one, even fer an elf'
"Now that ye be done rampaging over Faerun,I'll give ye about 38 dragons for the coppers." Looking into her cup, noticing two coins resting in the bottom of it, with a shrug she took another drink.

"Done then!" The halfling threw one half-helpless look at the mingled, mangled piles of coin then spat in her palm and reached out to shake on the bargain with the dwarf. If she could have gotten a better deal on the coin better presented, any amount she had lost out on was more than made up by escaping the sheer tedium of recounting the copper coins all over again. Once she had the dragons safely stowed in her satchel she took a drink from her pint mug and gave the dwarf a bow from her seat. "Thank you, good Magga." She grinned suddenly, a quick flash and then it was gone. "I will be much more adept in the guild's service if I'm not jingling with every step." Though if I find another pile of coin, I'm not going to let that stop me from carrying away every clipped copper penny. "Now my rampage is done, I hope our paths will lead us to work together in days to come." Was that even how Nameless Intent worked? She didn't know and she hated not knowing. Item Retrieval could mean fighting, it could mean theft, it could just mean showing up and bargaining the original owners down to a reasonable price. It could mean all of the above and more, and she reconsidered her green-eyed friend in a new light. Maybe they've deliberately been looking for a mix so that one team can do whatever they need to? Which meant that the laconic human Giles must have some talents of his own that would prove valuable on a job.

After a moment's fear, she had relaxed and enjoyed the friendly elf's powerful hug. She wasn't used to casual physical contact that restrained her in any way, but there was something soothing about Lady Istar's overt goodness and artless enthusiasm that reached straight past her guard and encouraged her to stay close even after the hug was over. "Well I hope so." Rihaly had never been wonderful before. She liked the sound of it. "I'm ready to leave when you are. The one time I saw an airship we were, I mean I was at this inn on the road through a forest. It was a nothing, flyspeck kind of place, but there I was trying to avoid bedbugs when I saw these glowing lights drifting past overhead. Three days out of town with five days to the coast and these high-flying kobold fondlers just," she wiggled her fingers, then whipped them to the left, "Zip! Went straight over the forest five times faster than any horse." She bounced to her feet and drew her cloak around her grey travellers' clothes, then looked up at her new partymates. "Now it's our turn to be the kobold fondlers, right?" The halfling took a last drink of ale, then tugged Istar's sleeve to bring her ear close enough to whisper, "Do we just have a ride, or do we get to keep the airship?" The brooch sounded nice, but that would make one hell of a hiring bonus.

Istar was just about to eagerly respond to Rihaly's story about the airship when the Halfling pulled her close and whispered in her ear. The color already present in her ivory cheeks deepened , her eyes fluttering and her breath becoming shallower as the Elf felt a strangely pleasant sensation she couldn't quite understand. When she got her wits back about her she answered in a hushed voice , her gentle intonations inflected with the same mysterious sensation. "Ah.. I'm not particularly sure. The Hooded Figure left before I had the opportunity to ask him that. I'm very sorry Rihaly.." When the strange sensation finally passed she once again returned to her usually enthusiastic self. "It's so amazing you've seen an airship before Rihaly! You must have so many other incredible stories to tell! You're such a wonderful person , I'm so glad you're my best friend! Come on Rihaly , let's go to the airship! I can't wait , it'll be so incredible!" The Paladin's right hand quickly sought out the Halfling's , and should she manage to grasp it she'd eagerly pull her new best friend along to where she had been told the Airship was docked.

The dwarf smiles and nods, grasping your hand in hers after applying the officially binding spit to her palm. "Aye lass! Tis been a pleasure to deal with a little folk such as yerself." Raising her mug in a salute. "May our paths cross again."

Istar, and assuming her hand clasped onto both Giles' and Rihaly's, steps into the bright fresh air of a cloudless day. The breeze rushing pay you carriers with it a cool bite to it, it brings to mind a mid autumn day except is high summer.

As you look about you see the shops and buildings you would expect to see in a port town. However you do not see any signs of water or signs of anything else. But that could just be that you are on a hill overlooking the docks. The road stretches up to your left and down to your right. Logic would dictate that the docks would be below you.
-------------------------
Perception rolls or Knowledge(local/nature) rolls

Rihaly trails along in Istar's wake, her hand firmly held in the taller elf's. Emerging from the tavern into the fierce light of day she is forced to squint her large eyes against the glare but in seconds she fights past the bright to look around with hungry interest. Where in the world are they? It doesn't look like they're by the sea, though she can see all the usual buildings that she's used to seeing in a port. On the other hand, "If we're meeting an airship we'd go up, right Istar?" She didn't know how airships landed really, she'd only seen them up high before. But big people were lazy, and if it was meant to be up they'd leave it as up as possible. She looks around for any evidence to support her idea, resisting the distraction of a market stall offering apples and oranges.

Perception
Roll(1d20)+11:
3,+11
Total:14

Istar was blinded by the intense light of the midday sun , holding her hand up to deflect some of the harsh midday sun while her emerald eyes adjusted to the better-lit surroundings. Just like the Halfling the Paladin wasn't sure just where she was , but she was far more concerned with finding her way to the airship to put thought towards deducing her location. "I suppose so , Rihaly. I've never seen one before , so you would know better than I. Hopefully it won't take us too long to locate it - I can't wait to board it!" When her low-light vision finally adjusted to the excess light she scanned the area for anywhere the airship could be docked - though having only seen drawings of such craft before , the Elf had very little idea of what it would look like.

-----------------
Perception:roll(1d20)+3:11+3 Total:14

The sights and sounds of the market fill your ears and nose, but so do the sounds of city life. Arguing and shouting. An unidentifiable smell overwhelms all other scents for a short time.
The breeze picks up a again, sending a cool through your clothes.

You notice the clouds are moving rather fast across the sky and a rather thin.

You travel up the sight incline, passing a variety of shops and houses. Not to mention a plethora of beings. You see humans mostly, but here and there you see other elves, dwarves, halflings, one or two half-orcs.

No luck yet, but the building wind suggested to Rihaly that they might be on the right track. Airships would like the wind, wouldn't they? Surely that meant the place they were looking for was somewhere up here. The short woman looks for a halfling who doesn't appear immediately busy and steers Istar in her general direction before slipping her grasp. Separating by a few paces only, she approaches the halfling with a friendly and open smile. "Hi there, we're new in town and looking for the docks. Are we going the right way?" She nods up the hill in the direction they were going.

Diplomacy
Roll(1d20)+11:
6,+11
Total:17

Istar allowed herself to be steered along by her new friend , assuming that the Halfling would have a superior knowledge of how to make their way about the City and locate the airship. When her smaller comrade released her hand she nevertheless followed her over to where the city-dwelling Halfling stood , standing directly beside Rihaly. She spoke just after the fire-maned Halfling , speaking in an enthusiastic and rather friendly tone matching her broad smile and vibrant eyes. "Hello , I'm Istar , I'm a Paladin of Corellon Larethian." After she introduced herself she put an arm around Rihaly's shoulders - though with the considerable height difference all it took for the Elf to do that was simply move her arm slightly up and to the left. "She's my best friend! Isn't that wonderful?" Glancing around , she decided to ask about the airship in a much more direct manner than her friend. "May I ask what your name is? Do you live here? And if I'm not troubling you , have you ever seen an Airship in this fine City before?"

-----------
Diplomacy:roll(1d20)+8:16+8 Total:24

Last edited:
You approach a male halfling, his crap brown unkempt hair is barely contained under a large flop hat. His well muscled arms show through the sleeveless tunic and leather apron you would expect to see a smithy wearing, but in his hands is not a hammer but a crate of crockery. Smiling at you both his blue/hazel eyes twinkle. "Hey cousin! Well welcome to Horizon!" Looking up to the tall elf he chuckles, then looks back to Rihaly. "Like the creek in spring after a fast thaw this one, am I right?" He shifted the crate, easily to just one arm and pointed down the hill. "If you're looking to catch a flyer, they're down that ways." His free hand moves to gently clasp Istar's hand as it rests on Rihaly's shoulder and gives it a quick kiss, while bowing slightly. "It's an honour milady. Fenton Caskworth at your service."

Rihaly grins at the other halfling, following his glance up to her new friend and back. "Thanks cousin, it's good to be here." Horizon, hmm? Well she still didn't know where she was, but at least she had a name for it now. I suppose a clean break is the best break, and I didn't leave anything behind that I miss. That was a lie, but with her skill at self-deception she could almost convince herself it was true. Hopefully in time her talents would improve. "She is that, and her waters run crisp and clear." She hasn't detected the smallest degree of malice, self-interest or awareness of station in Lady Istar. It seems that elven nobility works differently from the human kind she used to prey on. Or maybe that was just the paladin. "Anyway, many thanks Fenton. It seems we have become turned around, but we'd best go before we miss our ship. May the Gods blessings smile on you." She turns back to Istar and shrugged. "Looks like I was wrong. At least it's all downhill from here though, all the way to - what did you say the ship was called again?" She is ready to move off when Istar is, and seems content that her friend should lead the way.

Istar quirked her head at the two Halfling's descriptors of her , the metaphors eluding her entirely. Eventually she decided to take the strange metaphors as complements , graciously smiling in response. She allowed the male Halfling to grasp and kissed her hand , formally bowing in response. After her best friend was finished speaking the Paladin spoke in her same eagerly pleasant tone. "Thank you very much for the information Fenton , it's greatly appreciated. Thank you for the lovely compliments! That's very kind of you. You're truly an exceedingly polite , helpful person! Now I apologize , but I must be departing. It was wonderful speaking with you , Fenton! May Corellon protect you!" She bowed once again before taking Rihaly's hand and going in the direction Fenton had pointed them towards.

As the Elf swiftly walked towards the Airship's suppposed location , she turned back to her Fire-Maned best friend.
"Oh , that's perfectly fine Rihaly , you don't have to apologize! You'd have had a much better idea of where the Airhship was than I - I'd have gotten us well and completely lost in a city like Horizon! Besides , now we know what the City's named , so it still benefitted us! And that was very sweet of you to compliment me Rihaly - you're such a wonderful best friend!" She paused a moment to consider the Halfling's question. "I beleive the Hooded Figure called the Airship the 'Dragon's Coral' , or something similar to that. It'll be so amazing , won't it? I'm so glad I joined this organization! Not only am I going to ride an airship , I had the wonderful opporunity of befriending you!"

Last edited:
"Not a problem cousin!" Fenton waves to you both and makes his way into the throng of beings.

You walk down the hill, following the main street, seeing many side streets and alleyways. The number of residential houses decrease and the number of shops increase the lower on the hill you get.

The wind picks up a bit as well, the chill becoming more evident. After several minutes of walking the street levels out. And you can see the what should be the docks area. Along with the wide expanse of open sky, and a faint line of green below that. It's a similar sight you would expect to see standing near the edge of tall cliff.
----------------------
Perception Rolls

"The Dragon's Coral? That should be easy enough to find, and we can ask around if there are lots of airships there." Rihaly shivers and pulls her cloak tight around her layered grey travellers' clothes. Warm they may be, but with that icy blast feeling like it's fresh come from the snow caps the wind threatens to slice through to the warm body underneath. Again each time they pass orange or apple vendors this threatens to distract the halfling from her important search for aerial transport, and her stomach growls meaningfully as the scent of marinaded chicken skewers permeates the air. Finally the street levels out, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of the docks just yet. The halfling looks around in search of airships or airship related structures.

Or failing that, an inexpensive yet hearty snack. She missed breakfast in all the excitement of her invitation and trials, and she was feeling the ale a little.

Perception
Roll(1d20)+11:
20,+11
Total:31

Istar eagerly nodded at the Halfling's appraisal of the situation. As they strode throughout the City the biting wind caused her to shiver as well , though the many cold winters in her beloved homelands brought her greater tolerance of harsh conditions. As she heard her best friend's stomach growl she became of her own gnawing hunger - she hadn't eaten in several hours. When the ground finally leveled out the Paladin stopped , searching the area for a decent-looking food vendor. "We should find something to eat before we board the Airship. You seem to be rather hungry , and I haven't eaten since before I underwent my Trials. I'm sure the Airship will wait for us!"
-------------------

Perception:roll(1d20)+3:12+3 Total:15

Rihaly you notice that something about the distant horizon looks off, you take a moment and stand still looking at it, when you feel a faint vibration and how the breeze is coming from in front of you. The city is moving! Not walking or floating in a river or lake, but flying through the air!

Istar you notice that there are no trees or anything that would indicate you were in a low land area, you glance at the distant horizon and it does not look right for being the view from a high cliff or mountain. Is it moving slowly towards you?

You both smell of fried fish coming from the open front of the tavern to your left. You see a row of stools in front of a wooden serving bar, only one patron in a long coast is sitting at it. Behind that you can see into the rest of the tavern proper, with the actual bar, tavern master wiping it down, a serving knave pulling chairs off of tables.

There is a serving wench setting a tray of steaming fried fish in front of the lone patron, who looks over at you and waves you towards him. A half orc possibly or at least a very haggard weathered human, it's hard to say.

The halfling watches the horizon crawling closer for a moment of glassy-eyed surprise. Wait, we're actually on an aircity? She hadn't thought that such things existed outside of drunken sailors' tales, and now here they were atop one. No wonder the airships came here! She was flying! Even now walking down the street, Rihaly was flying! This tantalizing prospect of new sights to be seen was like catnip to her, luring her to run to the edge of the city but her muttering stomach snarls louder. "You're right Lady Istar," she says distractedly, her nose following the scent of fresh fish and tart orange glazing.

"We should make sure we eat something before we leave this sky city. Who knows when we'll have another chance?" Her nose twitching, the grey-eyed woman finally tracked the delicious aroma down to an open tavern door and tugged her elven friend to follow in her wake. Once through the door she spots the tray of steaming fish she has been hunting and approaches her goal with the casual disinterest of a seasoned predator. She drifts to the left, circles a table and then slips into a good spot close to her target. To allay its suspicions, she feints an approach to a decoy first. The waving man.

"Alae, neighbour. It seems chill out, or is it always this way on Horizon?" She motions to the beautiful blonde woman, beckoning her closer. "This is Lady Istar Valerys, a valiant and noble Paladin of Corellon Larethian and my own true friend. And I am Rihaly Ironmar," she adds as an afterthought. "You seem interested in our progress?" The moment is ripe and her hand snatches up a dagger from her belt and darts out lightning-quick towards her unsuspecting prey.

Melee Attack (orange-fried fish)
Roll(1d20)+9:
16,+9
Total:25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back