• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Amnesiac Prince Lore and other Stuff. [OOC]

homer simpson GIF

Attention everyone! To those who want to kill the prince, and to those who want to save the prince. In my first act as Prince, I made a huge update to my first post in this thread. Have at it xD

Last edited:
I guess you could say, the tyrant Caym to us by surprise *ba dum tss*

I see also a potential pun with Arlamyne’s moniker and the prince being a baker 🤣

Oh? and yeah I couldn't help myself when I thought of his name and the situation. 🤣 Also, didn't expect a massive update tonight did yas? :3

Last edited:
Haha no I was waiting in expectation for Friday. I’m guessing there’ll be way more then right?

I’m at uni atm so I’ll have a look over when classes are done :)

Full Name: Jakob Skalivhandi (Pronounced Ya-kob Skall-li-vaan-dee. Called Vhan for short by his friends.)

Race: tiefling

Height: 5'11 (6'2" if you count the horns)

Appearance: light, strong build. Blue-green skin, bright amber eyes set in black sclera, shell white hair worn loose. An impressive set of curling horns, sharp teeth, and sharper claws. Sliiightly forked tongue that's just inhuman enough to be off-putting.
One claw on his left thumb is missing. Don't ask about that.

Vhan typically favours fairly plain clothes (by the standards of the court) with excellent tailoring. His clothes are good for freedom of movement and hiding things.

Vibe: He's known for his charm, schemes, wry humour, and vicious threats that manifest themselves through sweetly hissed promises.

Occupation: royal advisor (...and, if you're in the know, the royal spy master)

Parents: You'd have to ask him...

Siblings: Apparently there's a sister... but who can trust the rumour mill?

Hobbies: Scheming, researching, solving puzzles, drawing, writing, music (Vhan sings, plays lyre and violin, and just likes music in general), embroidery, scheming... more scheming to fix the problems caused by his schemes, out manoeuvring his enemies...
...trying to find the prince so the government doesn't collapse because of the magical time bomb...

Likes: Efficient and effective government. A good scheme. Witty humour. The thrill of the chase. Tea with Seri. Birds.

Dislikes: The fact that until the kingdom's magical core is fixed the government won't be efficient or effective. The fact that no one can find the prince so the core can be fixed. The fact that the king thinks it's his fault that the prince has not been found. The fact that someone in his spy network is working against him and maybe that's why he can't find the prince. The fact that the coup against King William ended in murder and chaos- it wasn't supposed to be like that, it wasn't- he didn't want to hurt anyone- it was supposed to be peaceful- but no one will believe him-- who actually did it and-
ahem.
Not a fan of porridge or the colour yellow.

Strengths: Excellent strategist, a keen mind for statecraft and diplomacy, charming and witty... Vhan is very good at his job and truly wants the nation to be strong and its people to be safe and prosperous. Has gotten wiser and more mature with age. Has some minor magical abilities and isn't bad in a fight (he fights very dirty- those claws are sharp!). Will do whatever needs to be done for the benefit of the people, regardless of the cost to himself.

Weaknesses: Arrogant, emotionally fragile, occasionally petty, can be swayed by charismatic leaders. Hides from emotional vulnerability by distancing himself. Bad habit of intimidating people into compliance. Will do whatever needs to be done for the benefit of the people, regardless of the cost to others.

Character Background:
Not much is known about Jakob Skalivhandi and he likes to keep it that way. A spy who intends to have a long career doesn't advertise who they are, after all. Especially not when you are the spider at the centre of the web.

Though much of Vhan's early life is shrouded in mystery, rumours about him haven't stopped flying since he set foot in the palace as an apprentice secretary at 16 (...though in reality, he was an apprentice spy). Vhan probably started half of them himself.

A tiefling tends to earn some negative attention and it was clear that Vhan felt he had something to prove. Studious, serious and charismatic, but also arrogant, stubborn, and vain, Vhan made himself as many friends as he did ruffle feathers. Regardless, Vhan was very competent and must have impressed the right people because when the old spy master was killed, Vhan took over the role with no objections, despite only being 22 years old.

This would start a series of chain events that would mark the kingdom forever...
Vhan, now working directly with the king and queen, learned the terrible truth:
they weren't very good at their jobs.
Now, that's not to say they were bad people, not at all! The king was honourable and kind, and the queen was noble and compassionate... but neither of them were good at "running" things. This task fell to the many advisers and ministers in the government.

However, as the threat of invasion from powerful neighbours grew, so did the need for a leader with exceptional statesmanship and a cunning approach to diplomacy... and if need be, the strength to lead the kingdom through a war and all the hard decisions that would require.

Caym was that man and his ideas and charismatic leadership impressed many of the ministers who were seeking a strong leader...
Within two years, Vhan had joined the rebels and it was the resources of his spy network that made the coup possible.

It was supposed to be bloodless: a firm conversation with King William rather than an actual revolt... but somewhere, somehow it all got out of hand.
Very few know what Vhan's role in this was, but even less would believe that he wasn't the one to wield the dagger.

But, as Caym told him, it was for the best. After all, Vhan had gotten what he'd bargained for: more power and influence (as he'd craved). He was royal advisor now! The kingdom was strong! The government was united!
Why rock the boat?

This unity and shared sense of purpose has soured though as the prince remains missing and blame, stress, and desperation grows within the government... and with it, distrust and fractured loyalty. As Caym grows more paranoid, convinced that someone is thwarting his attempts to locate the prince, his suspicion turns on those closest to him.

As for Vhan, he's had a lot of growing up to do in the 11 years the prince has been missing. Older, wiser, and more mature than when he was young and ran headlong into a coup, Vhan just wants to stop the kingdom from imploding...

...he's sure (...maybe) that Caym is still the man to lead them, if only they could stabilise the magical core of the kingdom.

Someone has got to find that prince!

Attachments

• 81F193C9-5456-407E-9E93-3DA6EF06D531.jpeg
    81F193C9-5456-407E-9E93-3DA6EF06D531.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 2C3F17FC-9029-4E77-9127-FBAAD7960DDB.jpeg
    2C3F17FC-9029-4E77-9127-FBAAD7960DDB.jpeg
    362.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Took a break from working on my assignments and doodled a hypothetical poster/key art of sorts of the story :p had no idea what the core looks like but pretend it’s in Sky’s hands. Cracks coming from the core represent figurative fracturing of their world (or kingdom in this case) as well as the core being the centre of the web that connects all the characters since it’s the ultimate end goal, it all leads to the Prince and the core. Insert more symbolism talk ✌🤣

6A008E83-A557-43EE-80D1-029D0601CF71.jpeg

Full Name: Princess Seraphina "Seri" Damaris

Birth: January 25th

Height: 5’5

Vibes: She is known for being sweet, gentle, and a bit naive, but a few people also know that under that soft exterior is the mind of a strategist and trickster, with physical capabilities that can at least put up a solid fight, should her title and the might of the military not be enough to scare them off.

Parents: King Caym and Lady Lyana (deceased)

Siblings: Vespaira Damaris (sister - deceased)

Hobbies: Seri has many hobbies, including reading, horseback riding, dancing, and trying to outwit the castle guards. She enjoys trying to advance her skills and cunning by occasionally causing trouble. Never enough to get her father involved, though. And, she enjoys eavesdropping. Her mother would be appalled by this, but when no one tells her anything, she has to find a way to get her information.

Likes: Her father (so far). She enjoys puzzles and riddles, listening in on strategy meetings, and learning all she can about governing, and wartime tactics. She also loves dancing, sewing, painting, and many other little hobbies one equates with being a princess. She used to enjoy reading stories, but with the world getting so much darker and more dangerous, she has read fewer stories, instead opting for books to enhance her knowledge.

Dislikes: Many of the castle elite. Being looked down on or judged for her age and gender. She dislikes people mentioning that she and her father are usurpers, or anyone showing great disrespect to her. She dislikes the fact that no one trusts her with information, and that she is expected to just go along like nothing is happening. Also, cats, and any small rodent or insect (save for butterflies).

Strengths: Seri’s strength lies in the fact that no one expects her to have any sort of physical abilities. She has a few magical abilities inherited from her father and knows the best spots to take a man down. That shock factor alone is a strength. She’s also quite intelligent, to the point where she can understand and contribute to conversations on anything from government happenings to negotiations to military strategies, and she can hold her own in many debates. She also has a few sleight-of-hand tricks she has mastered. She is not afraid to do slightly improper things to get the information she needs. However, she is also loyal to those she loves, cares about the people around her, and can be genuinely kind.

Weaknesses: With great power, comes great responsibility, and Seri’s age and immaturity sometimes check her powers. She can be a bit headstrong, and get herself into situations she actually cannot handle. She still has a lot to learn about the ways of the world and kingdom-related matters, even if she sometimes feels as though she knows it all. She can get a bit hotheaded sometimes (thanks, Dad), and be vindictive, petty, and straight-up vengeful. Cross her, and you might regret it.

Character Background: Seri spent the first six years of her life living with her father and mother in a nice manor on the outskirts of the kingdom. Unfortunately, during this time, her mother and sister passed away, which rocked her father and changed him permanently. (Of course, really, it just unlocked within him what was already lurking beneath the surface.) Her life was fairly simple for all intents and purposes but filled with much magic. The snatches that she has from that time of her life are her favorite memories.

Her father then made his move on the throne, and her life was uprooted. She was immediately thrust into the role of the heir (a role she did not really know was not rightly hers). The people loved her, and immediately attached the title of Princess to her name. It all seemed strange but absolutely perfect.

But it only went downhill.

She spent the next eleven years learning how to be a proper princess, with her father grooming her to take over should he pass away (though as she got older, it seemed as though her father would try to live forever if he could). She started to notice the unrest in the kingdom more and more as time went by. Her father started to train her to defend herself: how to use a few of her magical abilities, physical self-defense, and comfort with getting her hands dirty should she need to in order to survive. Unbeknownst to him, Seri also started looking up and learning military tactics, and other important details about the government and how to run it.

When she was 12 years old, the rumors about the prince still being alive began to surface. Her father told her that yes, there might be another heir, but he no longer had a claim to the throne, and that his parents were incapable rulers. So her father took over for the good of the kingdom. Seri had no reason to not believe him (though that doesn’t mean she hasn’t had a gut feeling ever since that something doesn’t add up).

Seri isn’t sure what she wants, but she doesn’t have much time to figure it out. While she doesn’t know all the details, she is aware that there is some sort of terrible secret they are all sitting on, and if it isn’t taken care of, the results could be catastrophic.

Last edited:
Took a break from working on my assignments and doodled a hypothetical poster/key art of sorts of the story :p had no idea what the core looks like but pretend it’s in Sky’s hands. Cracks coming from the core represent figurative fracturing of their world (or kingdom in this case) as well as the core being the centre of the web that connects all the characters since it’s the ultimate end goal, it all leads to the Prince and the core. Insert more symbolism talk ✌🤣

View attachment 1063969
I am obsessed with this. 👀
Your art is amazing!!!

Thanks guys 🤩 tis a sketch but if I have time in the future, I’ll polish it up :) and dw Seri (and any notable side characters) included hehe

Also Team Prince looking like they gotta do a lotta convincing so far 👀

View attachment 1063969
I love it :D and it looks like it is on a smaller scale :D I'll be adding things as we go along, though I can show what it truly looks like :D after all, I don't wanna spoil too much :3 and yeah, Sky is going to need convincing on why besides being the rightful prince, why he should take the throne xD and since I haven't said it yet, I love, love all your guy's backgrounds :D Once we get everyone, we'll start. :D

Last edited:
Cartoon Thinking GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

For Poo's and giggles, think I should make up a character sheet for Cyam? My thought was that anyone can play him if he is needed in a scene, unless people want me to play both him and Sky xD

You’re technically the GM, so I guess it’s up to you to control him since you know about the world, how it works, the story and stuff. We need that driving force for the conflict or else there’s no conflict to actually solve :’^D

True, True. This is my first major time getting something to this scale set up. I'll post him under Sky when I get him written up, time to go look through Pinterest for a bad guy xD

If you need any help, I can assist in some stuff, ideas, etc. ✌️^^ I can play minor characters here and there if needed

frustrated sherlock holmes GIF

Cyam is such a complex tyrant, even as the GM and the person who gives him life, he is making my head hurt. xD

Ahahaha. That's so exciting though. I like complex characters LOL

But I understand it being mind-boggling too hehe

The only thought he is giving me is 'Well, I just wanted to take over.' and I am like 'Well that's good and all, but it needs to be fleshed out so the others know what's going on xD'

If you guys want a song that parallels the story, and has a bunch of symbolisms. Give 'This is the Kingdom.' by Skillet a listen.

Cartoon Thinking GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

For Poo's and giggles, think I should make up a character sheet for Cyam? My thought was that anyone can play him if he is needed in a scene, unless people want me to play both him and Sky xD
I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to occasionally driving him, since Vhan will be so closely involved with the king sometimes... (but I'd consult with you before posting)

🤣 Though I have to ask and this is for everyone. Do you all want to start after I get Cyam up?

I mean we got the biggest players lined up expect for three people I'm not sure of yet or give them a few more days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back