• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Adventures of the Ulster and her Crew, both Legal and Otherwise

ToteMaus

By 2181, humanity has taken some of its first steps into the void. The earth has become a sprawling morass of overpopulated cities, so many of the fifty one billion humans have been spread across the Sol system. Venus is the site of many large and prosperous floating cities, where the citizens live in a breathable layer of oxygen floating above the swirling masses of yellow clouds. Mars is a sprawling network of biodomes and subterranean complexes. But all is not as idyllic as it would seem, the outer planets and moons are the sites of new colonies, where every day is a struggle to survive on the harsh frontier. These outposts depend on shipments of resources from the inner worlds for their people to survive, but this constant flow of valuable goods has made piracy a dire problem. The Universal Cooperation in Space Alliance, or USCA, struggles to enforce their laws on the frontier worlds, and everything from the asteroid belt outwards is a virtual lawless frontier. It is in this harsh world that the majority of space faring humans must make their way in the universe, by means reputable or otherwise, and it is in this harsh world, that your story will begin...

Now a bit of OOC info: This is to be a hard sci-fi space western RP centred around the vessel the SS Earl of Ulster. Players will make up her crew, and there will be adventures, exploits, shenanigans, hijinks, and more.

The person who helped me with most of the worldbuilding will likely want to be the engineer. And space cowboy hats are optional!

I'll get started on the main RP thread. There's still a lot to do, so don't expect it right away, it will likely take a few days.

My problem is that I go all out with worldbuilding, you see. I usually end up with maps, sketches, even a few 3D models once.

This looks pretty fun. I'm definitely interested if it's still happening. Also, you wouldn't have happened to read a book by the name of Leviathan Wakes have you?

I'd be happy to have you both! I haven't read that book, but it sounds good, by the way, I love the Ein avatar.

It's got the feel of what you want to do nearly perfectly with tad bit of a twist I wouldn't want to spoil if you want to look into it! Also thank you very much! I'll be glad to be onboard!

Funny you guys should mention Leviathan Wakes and Firefly. I've read the first three books of The Expanse series and also loved Firefly/Serenity, so I'm definitely interested. If I can, I'm just gonna be the pilot

JDParadox said:
Funny you guys should mention Leviathan Wakes and Firefly. I've read the first three books of The Expanse series and also loved Firefly/Serenity, so I'm definitely interested. If I can, I'm just gonna be the pilot
Finally someone like me! I've been meaning to get to the fourth, as I'm pretty sure the fifth is releasing soon if not already, and a sixth coming along as well. Not to mention, y'know it got a tv spot with Syfy starting in the fall?

Drats, the machinic spot is gone, as is doc, plus pilot D: there goes my Wash wannabe character xD

[QUOTE="Space Cowboy Ein]Finally someone like me! I've been meaning to get to the fourth, as I'm pretty sure the fifth is releasing soon if not already, and a sixth coming along as well. Not to mention, y'know it got a tv spot with Syfy starting in the fall?

[/QUOTE]
I'm also planning on getting the fourth book and then the fifth. I was waiting on the Fourth then just totally forgot about it :P This thread here got me thinking again, so, thanks!

Lokipi said:
Drats, the machinic spot is gone, as is doc, plus pilot D: there goes my Wash wannabe character xD
Hey, I didn't exactly call dibs on the pilot and would be happy to let you have it instead. If I can, in fact, I'd prefer to play something more akin to being second-in-command, (Zoë from Firefly, for example).

BTW, who's gonna be the captain?

JDParadox said:
Hey, I didn't exactly call dibs on the pilot and would be happy to let you have it instead. If I can, in fact, I'd prefer to play something more akin to being second-in-command, (Zoë from Firefly, for example).
Haha I was only teasing :) if you want the pilot slot, go for it, though is there anything saying there can't be two pilots??

Hi everyone! Just giving you an update to prove I'm not dead. Right now, I'm working on technical specs and sketches for the Ulster as well as some lore for what happened on earth between then and now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back