• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

Veil Walker

Greetings and welcome to the Academy. By accepting our invitation and subsequent transportation, you have elected to join an advanced group of individuals dedicated to giving you the best possible magical education. The Academy has of course provided you with some basic materials, tomes and syllabi for each of your classes, in order to be sure you have the best possible chance to succeed. We have also provided transportation, in the form of a personal portal which will appear outside of your appointed domicile on the fourth of Mibara. From there, you will be transported to the front steps of the Academy, where you will meet your fellow classmates, as well as myself.

With Due Regards,
Deputy Headmaster Tyern Ex Manus.

Tyern rolled his neck, wincing at the slight twinge the movement caused an old injury to flare up. While these days he was hard to damage, part of the reason he had been chosen to run things in fact, he hadn't always been so. The fight with the Beast, and the subsequent months had not been kind to his body or his heart. Shaking off the cobwebs of the past, he grunted as he channeled his magic through his legs and leaped mightily off one of the upper walls. He used fine control to steady his flight, something he had not had when he had become a student here. Now it was second nature to him.
"Not that this heap had anything to do with it," he muttered, clenching a fist. In truth the Academy of old had done its best to make him feel just as unwanted as nearly everywhere else he had been. Now though, he had a chance to change that. As he plummeted to the ground, he promised himself that none of his students would ever feel like that. Approaching the ground, he landed softly without even a slight tremor as the portals began to form. Waiting until he had counted each of his students off by number (he hadn't bothered to learn any names) he then began to address them.
"Greetings and welcome to the Academy," he said, keeping his face serious and slightly stern as he spoke. "I am Deputy Headmaster Tyern. Address me however you like. I honestly have never cared for fancy titles, or honorifics. You are here to be trained by the best to be the best at whatever you decide you want to do. Despite what you may have heard, this school is no longer just for the nobility, or for churning out students just to line the school's pockets. Instead, we want you to grow. To understand. To be whatever you wish to be. In a few moments, I'll show you all to your dormitory. There you will receive your school maps, any sizeable equipment the school has provided that might be too large for the personal portals, as well as a short list of rules to follow. After which, you'll have your first lesson with me. Be sure to bring your magical focus, some light clothing and a snack if you have one. Should be interesting." With this, he gave the group his first smile, seeming to size up each of the arrivals one by one.
"So before we go does anyone have any questions?"

Ha Rim had a less than an hour until he needed to leave for the Academy, and yet he was standing outside his mother’s room, waiting.

“What are you hesitating for?” Came a stern voice from behind the door, “The portal will open any minute now. Go.”

“…I wanted to say good bye.”

After a few more seconds, the door opened, and his mother came out, a freshly woven silk ribbon in her hand, “You’ve been saying that since yesterday. ” With a sigh, she tied the ribbon around the bow hanging at his waist, “Leave, and don’t ever come back.”

————

When he first received his acceptance letter, Ha Rim had been worried over the prospect of using a portal. There wasn’t much portalling needed in the secluded region of Yeoman, so he had no idea what would entail. But after using it, Ha Rim discovered that the portal should’ve been the last of his worries.

The towering walls of the Academy were taller than any oak or pine that he had ever seen before, and he couldn’t help but feel rather intimidated. Instinctively, he ran a finger up and down the string of his bow, a half-hearted attempt to calm his nerves. It was rather ironic, considering Ha Rim had spent most of his childhood playing in a tiger-riddled forest, and a building of all things scared him.

Speaking of the bow, Ha Rim brushed his thumb against the silk ribbon around the grip. He wasn’t familiar with the rules here, but he doubted he’d be allowed to carry around a weapon. Taking in a deep breath, Ha Rim told himself that he was ready and began walking forward, catching sight of a man giving a speech at the front.

But before he could get two steps, a sudden force knocked into his back, and Ha Rim found himself falling to the ground with a thud, accidentally shoving a few people around him as well. Letting out a small groan, he peeled himself of the dirt and hoped back to his feet, his ears going red with embarrassment. Not a minute into entering the Academy and he’d already managed to make a fool of himself.

Dusting himself off, Ha Rim muttered a few apologies to the people he’d pushed and extended a hand to the person nearest to him, “Are you alright?” He asked gently.

Last edited:
Saoirse
Saoirse had spent most of the night before leaving staring out the expansive caves of her home from atop the Twilight Annex, the separate section of the Unseelie Palace dedicated to the upbringing and training of its warriors. Each carved stone and hallway was more familiar to her than her own body. She had spent nearly all her life in this place, seldom venturing to the surface unless it was part of a training exercise. To be suddenly leaving was....a bit overwhelming.

Her trainer had spoken of the honor and reputation of the Unseelie that she was carrying with her and this only added to the pressure she was feeling. It was almost a physical weight but she would gladly shoulder it if it meant becoming someone who could be useful to her liege. That was all that mattered, in the end.

When the portal finally came there was no grand fanfare or anyone to say goodbye to. Such sentiments were useless and were not the way of the Nightsong clan. Saoirse would grab her things, which had already been meticulously packed up the night before, and then step through the portal. She blinks against the suddenly harsh light and gives her eyes time to adjust before looking around.

It was certainly a grand and imposing building, reeking of affluence and arrogance in how it seemed to try and pierce the sky. Saoirse disliked it, preferring the cold beauty of her home rather than this blinding monument of supposed knowledge. But none of her thoughts showed on her face; her icy features were calm and unbothered much like a statue. This did not change even when a student took a bit of a tumble, although she did sidestep him to avoid being part of the pile.

Saoirse stares silently at Ha Rim, having had no real experience with surface dwellers until now and wondering if they were all prone to such clumsiness or if this was unique to him. Then she hears the professor speak and she immediately stands at attention, arms behind her back and eyes forward as he does his introductions. When it came time for questions she asked, "Will we be permitted to carry our personal arms on us while on campus?" The idea of being unarmed in an unknown place was unnerving but she would not show such feelings here, Just asking about this would be fine, though.
~oO0Oo~

Finea
The female dryad had been eagerly awaiting this day. Although she had the least amount of formal teaching experience among the teachers this did not deter her and she spent most of her preparation time learning about the students; their names, hobbies, and the like. Finea felt that was more important than thinking too hard about lesson plans, although she had those loosely formed.

When the portals opened and they would step through the tall woman would immediately show the students a dazzling smile, lowering her head in a light bow in greeting. She lets Tyern speak since he would be taking charge for the most part, but then one of the little ones falls over. Finea immediately goes over, her gait graceful and smooth, and asks in a soft voice reminiscent of a tree canopy softly rustling in the wind, "Is everyone alright?"

The students were all so adorable and small, like newborn deer who had yet to learn to run. It made them rather endearing to her and Finea chuckled a bit to herself at her unintended and unspoken pun. Hearing someone ask about weapons made Fina turn to the girl and say, "
Carrying them with you for class purposes, to the training hall, and within your quarters is fine. But beyond that, they will need to remain off your person for safety."

Finea stares at the girl and recognizes her as Ao Si, one of the Unseelie, and is rather surprised. The Unseelie court was very secluded and rarely turned their attention outside their courts since civil conflict was rather common. This would certainly be an interesting school year. The dryad returns her attention to Ha Rim and smiles before she pats his head and returns to her position from earlier.

Abraxas was not having a good day. He'd done his best to hide the invitation to the school, but Granny had found it. Granny always found these things, no matter where Abraxas tried to hide them. He honestly had no idea why they would have even invited him, of all people. Hadn't his family, his whole life, told him that he'd never be good at magic? Either was, his granny had taken the invitation with her, throwing it in the fire and ordering the family guards to be on full alert that day. Still he was determined. Gathering up his few belongings as well as certain books he was certain his grandmother wouldn't want him to have, he made his way out. Summoning every last bit of speed his little body could muster, plus every dirty trick in the literal book he could, he managed to dive through the portal just before his pursuers, twisting at the last moment to avoid a bolt of restraining magic. He felt a grin shoot across his face as the tug of magic surged forward and brought him to his appointed destination. His grin vanished as he immediately struck a larger figure, clattering to the ground as he set off a chain reaction.
"Oh gods, I'm so sorry!" He sputtered as he accepted the hand up gratefully. He quickly fumbled around both in his pockets and in his small bag for anything that might make up for his blunder. Grabbing an apple, he quickly held it out to the other students.
"Please accept this as my apology for my rudeness!" Noticing the huge dryad that approached his eyes bulged. He was sure offering an apple could be taken as an insult by her people. Somehow, this always seemed to happen to him. He felt the lump in his throat, and fought back the wave of emotions that threatened to sweep him under.
"I am SO sorry," he said, quickly apologizing to the dryad as his words began to flow out at faster speeds. "I promise, I always ask permission before taking an apple! It's just I figured we wouldn't be eating until later, and I get hungry a lot and I really thought that it was okay!" He stood there, nearly shaking as he stared down at her feet. He absolutely couldn't look her in the eyes. Today had already made him feel small enough, without having to look so far up.

The twins didn't own much, and had no real connections to say goodbye to, so when they portal came they stepped through together and didn't look back.
They glanced around themselves once on the other side, until a student tripped and knocked Taranis over. He had been doing good at keeping his electricity under control until that moment, his body now crackling with the energy.
"Hey! Watch it!" He snapped back at Ha Rim and Abraxas, smacking Abraxas's hand with the apple away with his own, subsequently causing him to be zapped. It wasn't damaging, luckily, but it definitely would hurt.
Tolliver quickly pulled his brother away, using his own powers to channel the electricity safely through his own body and to the ground.
"What he means to say is apology accepted, but he shouldn't be touched right now." Tolliver tried to smooth things over before they got worse.
"No I don't!" Taranis snapped back.
"Sorry about him." Tolliver pulled his twin a few feet away from Ha RIm, Abraxas and the rest of the students, keeping to the outside of the group.

--------
Strunmir descended towards the group behind Tyern, landing in dragon form with a soft thump before taking up his human form and stepping into place beside Finea.
"Sorry I'm late. I didn't particularly want to to be here." He answered honestly.
He hadn't read up on any of the students, but he did start making lesson plans. He just wasn't really fond of obnoxious kids pestering him for dragon scales or disrespecting him and his fellow creatures of magic. Or asking him why he didn't breathe fire anymore. Or asking him of anything really.

Saoirse
She rolls her eyes as the others bicker before turning her attention to the rather tall woman, nodding once at her words. That was fair of them to let them have even that much freedom, so she was grateful for it. The dragon's appearance rendered her momentarily stunned before he immediately turned that into mild contempt with his words. She could already see who her least favorite teacher would be if nothing else.

Saoirse studies the other students as they interact once more and stays silent for the most part, waiting for them to be directed to their dormitories. The sooner they got their things sorted the quicker she could familiarize herself with the layout of the school, in particular the training facilities. She intended to spend every moment there when not in class. And she could tell just by looking at her fellow students that making allies here would be a pointless endeavor; they were too fluctuating and unstable in their emotions. It would be tiring for the fey to deal with that regularly.

~oO0Oo~

Finea
Finea looks at Abraxas with concern as he immediately spirals into an anxious mess, picking up his apple for him and making sure it was not bruised before setting it in his hands and patting them in reassurance. The poor thing was so shaken it, which made her heart ache for him. The dryad tilts her head to try and meet his gaze, kneeling and helping the boy onto his feet and brushing him off before saying, "Now now, dear, it is alright. Partaking in the gifts of nature is perfectly acceptable. So do not fret."

Her gaze goes to the other students, the twins in particular before she walks over to the pair and says with a gentle expression, "
I am glad you are both unharmed as well." She felt that patting the child's head would only agitate them more in his current state so refrains from doing so before clapping her hands together and saying. "Now then, I believe we should all go to our dorms and get comfortable before preparing for the professor's class. Shall we?"

Tripping over himself and then getting electrocuted had not, in fact, been Ha Rim’s plan once he arrived at the Academy, but fate had a funny way of making life interesting. He quickly offered another apology to Taranis before turning back to Abraxas, who was still on the ground.

A light grin tugged at Ha Rim’s lips as he pulled the Abraxas up, “It’s a memorable way to make an entrance, I’ll say that,” he said with a quiet chuckle— an indirect was of saying all good. He wasn’t entirely sure why the other looked so…jittery, but made a gesture for him to calm down.

He stared at the apple, then to Abraxas, and then back to the apple. People could sure be peculiar, “I…think you might need it more than me. But I thank you all the same,” he said politely, a little unsure if this was a common custom he’d. Though a slight frown lingered at Taranis’s actions—had that really been necessary? Ha Rim‘s brows furrowed as he said, “There’s no need to be volatile–it was an accident.” Though his tone wasn’t aggressive or angry, it still held a serious formality to it.

Ha Rim didn’t see the dryad enter the scene, but he could tell from Abraxas’s reaction that he should turn around. Having seen other species than humans before, the first thing that came to his head was: Is that a forest Goddess? The thought only grew as he realized just how tall she was, and so the next thing that came to mind was: If she gets angry at us for the apple…I’m not going to be able to outrun her. His mother had always said that gods weren’t particularly merciful to mortals, which didn’t help the situation.

Fortunately, Ha Rim quickly came to his senses—dryad, not goddess— and the woman quickly proved to be benevolent. Turning to Abraxas, he whispered, “Are you…not supposed to eat fruit in front of dryads?” No one had told him that, but then again, nobody he knew had met a dryad before, “Oh, I’m Ha Rim by the way.” He held up a hand.
As someone who hadn’t even seen a dryad before, Ha Rim couldn’t hide the awe he felt when he saw a dragon fly in, his shock evident as he stared at Strunnir wordlessly. He was beginning to get the feeling that his stay here would be interesting, if not surprising. Clearing his throat, he asked, “How exactly are we assigned our dorms?”

Big things never happened in Bimi's little village, so when the notice came that a Gim daughter was accepted into a magical academy there was a huge gathering of celebration. The bright-cheeked girl had plenty of mixed feelings about leaving her family behind, but the prospect of getting out into the world and expanding not only her magical repertoire but also the web of those she knows was far too exciting to deny. "No one ever gets on out of here." A couple of older village men chuckled, clinking tankards of warm liquor. "Cheers to'a girl for spreading wings out of this frozen place."

The fourth day rolled around and a great crowd had gathered around her home. Bimifyett was loaded up to the point of wobbling with anything and everything she might need, plus some. Her mother was stuffing toasted buns in an already overflowing pack, doting about how she'd be starved in such a strange world. Bimi giggled, "They're gonna feed me, mother. Won't be anything like home though..." I'll miss you. It was a huge leap from her community to the academy of magic. She felt anxiety creeping up in her throat, but it all was whisked away like the puff of snow stirred by the opening of the portal. Half a dozen bobble-headed kids blinked with eyes wide as saucers and there was a murmur through the crowd. The fresh student gulped, giddy, and tugged her pack-straps tighter over her shoulders. She waved goodbye as she stepped through and was still waving when suddenly her feet were settled on the solid ground of the towering building.

"Gods...." More of a breath than a word, rushing between a growing grin. "Gods!" She exclaimed, staring so high into the sky she felt the danger of toppling backward with all the weight on her back. Excitement glittered like the sunshine in her eyes - the sunshine was warm here. It didn't burn or sting or have a milky, blue hue. It melted the frost still lingering on her curls and boots and lashes. Looking down, she bet the ground was warm too. If she had a minute longer before having her attention grabbed by a very tall and earthy lady, she might've tossed down her things and just splayed out on the concrete right there, among all the bustling students waiting for the same instructions.

Actually, Bimi noticed a person taking that chance to feel the earth, not having seen that it was involuntary. A playful twinge of jealousy knotted in her stomach, but was quickly forgotten when that gleaming red thing came out of that person's bag. "D'jou say an apple?" She was beside them in moments, jingling a little from all the buckles and beads on her pack and clothing. She flashed a beaming smile between the two, voice light and bubbling with laughter like it was the most amazing thing, "A real, genuine apple? Not dried or anything?" It hadn't been hardly a minute since arriving and Bimi already knew this was going to be a fantastic adventure.

Interactions: Abraxus Veil Walker Veil Walker |Ha Rim York_vs_Lancastor York_vs_Lancastor

Mercher Ester

Today was another first day in the academy. As the flame flickered from a candle, a piece of paper was being burned from the tip of its burning. A few good luck wishes were clearly written from the note before the paper was completely burnt. A long, wavy haired teacher watched the candle swallow the paper before he set it all out. The teacher gazed out from the window just beside his desk. A flock of students entered the academy as it was the first day of the school semester. Sighing, the teacher got up from his seat and walked around the maze of hallways to greet the students again this year.

However, once he had gone out to the front of the academy, the first thing he saw was a line of students getting knocked over. His unamused and neutral face remained unchanged before he trotted over to Tyern and Strunmir, respectfully bowing at the two before standing there, watching the students from a distance.

Quinn Starly

A young male dashed across a dim forest, panting while people were chasing after him.

“Quinn Starly of Seshynua, we demand you must come back at once!” a gruff voice bellowed after him. A couple more voices echoed the gruff voice before the young outran them and hid behind a large tree stump.

He hid behind the stump for some time, ignoring the voices searching for him before opening his bag and crumbling his acceptance letter. “Don’t worry, I’ll be there shortly,” he promised before listening for any more voices he could hear. As soon as the voices were gone, the academy portal opened up. Saying a word in prayer, he walked into the portal.

As soon as he walked into the other end of the portal, he allowed his eyes to adjust to the light and marvelled at the giant academy. Quinn was amazed that the academy was so grand, yet his facial expression betrayed his emotions. Folding his acceptance letters into his bag, he walked towards the academy before a girl with a horse body knocked him out.

“Ow, owowowowow! That really hurt!” A female voice rang into his ears before he felt hands gripping his shoulders, “Oh my god, I am SO sorry! Are you ok?”

Melody Mockingbird

Melody sat in the middle of a large field. She brushed her hair with her fingers as she read the academy acceptance sheet that she was given. She was jittery and excited at the news, smiling at this wonderful piece of news. “I can wait!” Melody whispered enthusiastically before she stood up on her four legs, “The portal should open any moment now!” It took it a few moments but eventually it opened up. Without a second thought, Melody dashed into the portal.

Dashing into the portal without any thoughts sure had its pros and cons. On one hand, she found her way into the academy, but on the other, she dashed into the portal too fast and was knocked over by some students and hastily knocked over another.

“Ow, owowowowow! That really hurt!” she whined before she looked over at a blonde boy whom she knocked over. Panicked, she sat and gripped his shoulders and looked at him up and down to see if he was alright, “Oh my god, I am SO sorry! Are you ok?”

Last edited:
The first thing Rosmin learns on the day of arrival is that when you've spent eighteen years of your life subjected to hushed cautionary tales by your village, no amount of ostracization and evident magical ability will exempt you from retaining at least some paranoia. So, the first thing Ros did as the portal appeared in front of her was flinch away.

The last couple of weeks were spent steeped in a single-minded fervor, a surge charging every thought and every step of the way as the seconds ticked by. Rosmin would be going to the Academy purely as a girl on a rescue mission, nothing more, but the stories she's been told began to turn to promise. Everything she's been warned against will be her whole world once she stepped into the portal. The thought was strangely exhilirating.

Still though, Rosmin hesitated. Steeling herself, she narrowed her eyes at the portal and picked up a stick from the ground. She poked at the portal's surface and it rippled under the touch like water. The swirling kaleidescope of color reflected against her skin. "Huh," Rosmin hummed to herself, pleasantly surprised that it didn't just swallow her up.

Rosmin stepped in, stick-first, and blinked against the bright atmosphere of the Academy. But before she had the chance to really observe the architecture, she had to step back from a pile of tumbling students.

"Gods, okay. This is how we're starting the day," she mumbled under breath.

Watching the melee unfold was doing nothing to keep Tyern calm. He stood there watching as nearly the entire group was knocked one into another. This impression was immediately followed by a bolt of magic coming through the fading portal of the boy who had initially crashed into everyone flying straight at him. On reflex, he caught and crushed it in his hand. As he drew in the energy of the spell, he felt the muscles in his arms expand slightly. With a slow breath out, he sent the excess energy down into the earth, his arms shrinking back to normal size as he did so. It was this outward breath that allowed him to maintain his composure enough that he didn't immediately want to launch these children off the school grounds. He took a moment to remind himself that his first few days at the Academy had been MUCH worse, and it helped him keep a level head. With a wave of his hand, he righted the students who might still be own the ground, and separated each student exactly one foot apart in a common military formation. Turning his attention to the teachers who had made themselves known (without being asked to) he acknowledged them with a tilt of his head both down and to the side, a common greeting of respect for those in the magical community. Turning, he nodded to the students in confirmation of Finea's words.
"Professor Finea is correct. You will be permitted to keep your weapons, though much like magic, they should be used in both the appropriate place and the appropriate time. As for your dormitory, you will be sharing your living space. You are assigned the Warwick building for your rooms. Before you ask, yes, you will have your own rooms. The only exception to that know who they are, and why." Twins they might have been called, but Tyern still couldn't be bothered to try picking them out of the crowd.
"Now, are there any last questions before I show you to your new quarters?" He put a very blatant emphasis on the word last, his patience wearing even thinner in the face of all this nonsense.

``---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------``

Trigger Warning: Past Abuse

Abraxas was used to pain. Their were days when it seemed like his only companion in the world. It had started when he hadn't lived up to the family standard when he had been given his magical aptitude test. His father, resentful at only having one promising child, had enjoyed throwing curses as a way of showing his resentment and anger. So when the boy had shocked him, Abraxas had reacted without thinking and created a shield spell around himself. Other than the soft whisperings of the movements of his robes, he didn't utter a sound even though it had hurt quite badly. He took the apple back from the dryad with a whispered
"Thanks," before realizing the student he had bumped into was addressing him.
"Oh, yes," he stated, before remembering the formal training that had been drilled into him over the years.
"Abraxas of House Tenebrae, second son of Maximiliano and Ursa Tenebrae. It is a pleasure to greet you." He gave Ha Rim a deep, complicated and elegant bow. Before he could respond to his words about the apple, a newcomer had interjected herself, asking about it.
"Yes, it is. The family manor has an apple tree growing outside my window." Peeking a glance at where Finea stood, he continues in a slightly softer voice.
"Granny always told me it was actually a treant, and that if I tried to get away from my duties, it would swallow me whole." Having gotten over the interaction with Taranis in his excitement at talking to people who weren't specifically chosen by his family, he smiled a little.
"I guess I was too fast for it, though. Since he doesn't want it, you could have this, if you want it, that is." His words turned nervous again as he held out the apple to the girl that had approached him.

Last edited:
Saoirse
And yet another incident of everyone falling over themselves, quite literally. Saoirse would once more move aside the carnage and say nothing nor make a move to help; what point would there be if they were probably going to fall over again? The fey instead turns her attention to Tyern and nods once to acknowledge his words before stating, "No, sir. No further questions." Saoirse would go to her things and be sure she had everything, including her two twin silver daggers.

The Nightsong clan
specialized in close combat as well as assassination and even poisons. Saoirse favored the daggers since they were multi-functional if in the hands of an expert. And since Saoirse had been training since she was a child she was very adept with her weapon of choice. Once everything was accounted for Saoirse would pick everything up and wait to be led to the dorms, figuring that if she wanted to talk to her fellow students she could do so later.

Finea
It seemed that the students were a bit clumsy this year. Finea giggles a little bit as they all once more go to the ground, this time not moving over to help so that they can have a chance to mingle amongst themselves. Her eyes catch Ha Rim peeking over at her. She gave a warm smile and tilted her head ever so slightly, wondering if he was surprised at her appearance. Her kind was not common in his area, after all.

She then looks to Tyern and furrows her brows at him slightly as she catches the hint of impatience in his tone. They were just children and it was understandable that they would be excitable in a new environment. Finea waits for them all to calm down and keeps her hands folded in front of her, looking over at Mercher as he appears and bowing her head lightly in silent greeting.

Bimi blinks at the outstretched hand holding that beautiful, big, shiny apple. "Oh..." Her voice is a lot quieter now. She shifts her pack on her shoulders and glances between the boy - Abraxas he'd said - and the fruit. "I can have that? Oh jeez..." She grinned and took it like it was a jewel, cradling it in both her hands and just beaming. I'll treasure it. No no no, it's food, she can't treasure it, it would rot right on her dresser and then what a waste that would be.

No time like the present, the curly-headed girl parts her lips and bites right into it. Apple juice drips down her chin and she wipes it away with the butt of her palm, then licks it up. "I was real worried about coming to such a strange place, you know." Lick. "Lots of new people and weird huge buildings and things." Bite, crunch crunch. "But I think it's all gonna be just alright." She swallows and wipes her mouth off, then sticks out her non-licked hand first to Abraxas, "Bimifyett Gim, it's great to meet you. And you too, was it Ha Rim? That's nice, like a laugh." She regards the other boy with a tip of her head and a warm smile. "You can call me Bimi if it works for you."

The apple gets finished off quickly after that, the last bite going down while she's rotated into order by Tyvern's magic. It was an odd sensation but pretty neat. Back in her village nobody really practiced any big magic - in a place like that it was best to keep a low profile unless absolutely necessary - so everything felt cool and new. Not even just the magic - she'd looked around a little bit in the moments between her wonder and noticed just how diverse the company of students and teachers was. "How exciting..." Her belly tingles with excitement. Of course she had lots and lots of questions, but got the feeling she should keep quiet for now. Ready to roll!

Interactions:
Abraxas Veil Walker Veil Walker | Ha Rim York_vs_Lancastor York_vs_Lancastor

The twins had a flicker of panic fly through them as they were pulled apart via Tyern's magic, though it was short lived as they realized they were only pulled a foot apart. Tolliver stood at attention, and Taranis a more relaxed position.
"Yeah, how far did you shove that stick up your ass?" Taranis grumbled, though his brother's words tried to cover up and overshadow his own, being spoken at the same time.
"No, sir. We don't have any more questions."

---
Strunmir let a soft sigh escape his lips. This year looked like it was going to be exhausting. He could tell that by the demon twins alone.
on the other hand, that young mage, Abraxas looked like he had potential. Well. Potential to not be an absolute thorn in his side.

"I think we ought to move things along, Tyern, questions be damned."

Ha Rim simply blinked at Abraxas for a few seconds, taken aback by the greeting. The hand he’d offered hung in midair for a little while longer before he awkwardly dropped it at his side, “Pleasure.” Was this the difference between himself and a true nobleman? He couldn’t boast of a name, a lineage or even call his father, father. What made it more strange was that—with all due respect—Abraxas didn’t really come across as a noble, mostly all the lords and ladies he’d met had been cold and austere. This boy didn’t have that aura about him.

Despite being an illegitimate son, however, Ha Rim had still been raised with stricter etiquette than most, and so tried not to show his hesitance with the way Bimi ate her apple. It wasn’t disgust, and he also knew it was pretentious of him to judge, but it was hard to shake old habits, “Well, I’m glad to hear that,” he said rather stiffly.

But after a while, Ha Rim discovered that her strange mannerisms had a certain charm to it, “Thank you?” He said, raising a brow and grinning a little. He’d never thought of his name like that, “Bimi. Sounds like cricket song,” he returned the joke, or at least he thought it was a joke.

Just as he was beginning to enjoy the conversation, Ha Rim felt himself be yanked back by a foot by an invisible force. By instinct, he held out a hand and gathered a small wind current to righten himself—but all that did was make him stumble in the other direction. Thankfully, he managed to find his balance this time around. Though, it did have the unintentional side effect of hitting the person beside him with a light gale.

Saoirse
The wind was not something she had anticipated. The fey stumbles from her military stance but does not fall over. Her hair fell loose in the aftermath and reached her knees, which immediately annoyed her since now she would have to pull it back into her usual style. Her eyes glared harshly at Ha Rim icily in a way that made it certain that Saoirse would not forget this. She then painstakingly redoes her hair, her movements swift and practiced. As she does this Saoirse couldn't help but archly comment, "I see why they sent you to this school now; your lack of coordination and control is appalling."

This was clearly going to get annoying fast and the
fact she had to be in the same building as these people for an extended period was already grating on her nerves. They were so loud compared to the people she was usually around; her fellow clansmen were very strict and militant in their behaviors. They were soldiers first, weapons second, and family last. No warmth was lost between them. Even so, Saoirse preferred their somber dispositions over this bunch of overexcited pups.

Finea
The dryad frowns at the Unseelie's words and chides, "Now now, it was a simple accident. You should all get along since you will be classmates until you graduate." Finea wanted them all to be kind to one another, but she got the sense that Saoirse wasn't going to get on well with her fellow students. The Unseelie were not known for their kindness and compassion, but Finea didn't want to presume Saoirse's character based purely on what she was. So she would walk ahead and say to Tyern, "I can take over guiding them to the doors, Deputy Headmaster."

Finea claps her hands together to get the children's attention before saying, "All right then, students. Let's be on our way. We need to get you settled and off to your first lessons swiftly." The dryad would then lead the way to the dormitories, making sure that her stride was not too long so that they could keep up with her and looking back to check on them frequently to be sure that no other incidents occurred.​

Last edited:
Admittedly, Rosmin was a little overwhelmed. She was more accustomed to the docile, gingerly way her village operated. There, it seemed there was a precaution for everything—particularly everything that didn't need any. She always thought of it as a tad overzealous to babyproof a whole town, but now she was starting to seet the merit in all that.

Which was… dumb. She spent the better part of eighteen years knowing consciously that it was all dumb. Now was her chance to run the distance she's been told to keep. This was her chance. Why was she spending caution now?

As Rosmin was deciding to throw caution to the wind, a sudden force pulled her into formation. Alright, she might have yelped. Whatever. Getting used to magic's gonna be harder than she thought, but she wasn't gonna let that stop her.

Not for the first time, Tyern was glad to have been trained to school his expression by the spymaster known as Xander Grayden. It helped keep the annoyance from his face. Annoyance not just with the students, but annoyance with the teachers. He hadn't actually asked any of them to be here, but here they were. He kept his schooled expression on his face even when the boy with the bow blasted the uptight girl with the knives with a blast of air by accident. His amusement turned once more to annoyance when the dryad decided it was her place to take over the procession to the dormitories. Tyern shot her a quick look that practically screamed: 'why are you even here' Tyern once again composed himself.
"While I would happily let you take over guiding the new student, there is one piece of equipment I need to provide them with if they are to succeed. I do agree that the time has come to guide them to their dormitories, however." It made sense neither she or the other teachers knew about this last gift the school had decided to give the children. It had been his request to come up with those items and it made sense, given what he felt was coming with each of the missives he had been sent. Deciding to offer an olive branch in the midst of his moodiness, he gave Finea another formal head bob, and stated:
"However, if you would like to lead the way, feel free. I'm sure the students would feel more comfortable being led by you. You have a better way with people, after all." With that being said, he motioned for her to lead them into the keep, and began following her lead.

``---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------``
Abraxas' eyes went wide as Bimi scarfed down the apple in record time. To him, this was unheard of. He had been trained in decorum and in politeness. He opened his mouth to make a comment on how uncouth it was, but then he had a realization that caused his mouth to snap shut. For the longest time, he had associated being prim and proper as being right because it felt like the only time he wasn't punished or reprimanded. Yet here was Bimi, smiling, happy and enjoying herself without fear. Abraxas loved it. He grinned, and clapped his hands for her. He started rooting in his pack for another apple, when he suddenly felt himself moved without his will into a spot away from the other two. He flinched, ready for the pain but it never came. He found himself looking all around him, expecting at any moment that he would be hurt for daring to break decorum but again, it never came. He watched Ha Rim struggle, and saw the blast of wind that struck the aloof creature who was standing near them. The unnaturally beautiful girl lashed out at Ha Rim, and he felt his hands shake, but then clench around his old wand. He didn't care what happened to him. He knew he deserved anything that came his way, and he was used to it. This had been an accident, though. For the first time in his life, he felt like he would burst if he had to stand for it. As he began to reach for his gnarled wand, the voice of the giant dryad cut through and he froze. Reluctantly gathering his pack, he began to follow, though he stuck close to Ha Rim and Bimi. He had a strange feeling they needed to stick together.

The twins followed behind the other students, noticing how a few already stuck together. Tolliver sighed at this realization, assuming that they'd be outsiders once again, with no one but his brother to depend upon. He couldn't help but feel resentment towards his own twin bubbling up. If Taranis could've been just a little polite for all of one day, this would've been different. Maybe he could still make amends, at least with the boy Taranis shocked.
Hesitantly, Tolliver approached Abraxas as they walked, Taranis close behind him. In a low, soft voice, Tolli addressed Abraxas. "I just wanted to apologize again for my brother, he didn't mean to hurt you. He can't control his magic very well." Glancing back at Taranis, whose tail flicked in agitation and body crackled with electricity, he added. "He also has trouble with his temper, and I hope you can find a way to forgive him, though I do not expect you to. I'm Tolliver, by the way. I look forward to learning with you and the other students as well." He dipped his head politely, assuming Abraxas wouldn't want a handshake with one of the twins that had just hurt him.

------------
Strunmir watched the procession start to leave before turning back in the direction of his cottage.
"I will bid you all farewell for now, I should warn the other creatures of what to expect from this year's students." and with that, he changed form again, and took off with a gust from his wings towards the outskirts of the school grounds.

Bimi is just as amused by the two boys as they seem to be by her, and it fills her heart with warmth. She took it as a great sign that she'd maybe fit in here, despite it all. Or at the very least she'd be alright with making friends even without fitting in. It didn't take wide eyes to notice that most the people around her came from higher classes - families with pedigree and land and things like full kitchens, houses with more than one floor, fresh fruit. She knew she didn't have much other than all her family and village behind her, but to Bimi that's all that really mattered anyhow. "Like a cricket?" Her smile brightened at the retort from Ha Rim, "I like that." She didn't know too much what a cricket sounded like but he seemed like someone she could believe and trust easily, despite even what the other girl ahead of them said, though she was just a little far to catch it exactly through the noise of the rest of the crowd. It was Abraxas' shaking hands she noticed first, lifting her head to meet his eyes and tip her head with a comforting smile as they all started walking toward the dorm.

Looking ahead, Bimi found herself momentarily mesmerized by the swish of a pair of tails... TAILS.... attached to a pair of guys just ahead of them. She noticed the one turning to Abraxas to mumble something - she hadn't quite been around for the whole electrocution thing before so she didn't have any of the context, but was intrigued and thought they seemed nice enough.

She was a little antsy, not wanting to interrupt or overstep while the one, Tolliver, she heard him say, was chatting with Abraxas, but having endless curiosity bubbling up inside, kept at bay only by chewing on her lips. "Where did you all come from?" She finally spoke, regarding all her new acquaintances and then some with a voice soft in tone, but sunny. And then, to the twins in particular, "Sorry for staring, I've only just noticed that you have tails- oh! And horns. How cool..." She suddenly had this wave of realization that her little village of humans hardly even began to reflect the greater world. It was a mission of hers to meet all kinds of people and to find out so quickly that there are so many kinds of people made her feel quite small, albeit amazed.

Interactions: Abraxas Veil Walker Veil Walker | Ha Rim York_vs_Lancastor York_vs_Lancastor | Tolliver and Taranis DovahBeat DovahBeat

Ha Rim had been in a good mood, all things considered: his ideal conversation with Bimi and Abraxas was going rather well, and a soft smile had formed on his face. Pity it wouldn’t last, though.

Realizing he’d hit someone with his spell, Ha Rim quickly turned to apologize, though before he could, the unseelie spoke up first.

And so his concerned expression was quickly replaced by a sour look as he regarded Saoirse with the same cold gaze she’d given him, “While I do apologize, might I remind you that you are here also?” He replied flatly. If he was an uncoordinated klutz, how much better could she, his classmate, be? He swiftly turned away, “And I dare ask you conduct yourself with some baseline etiquette.” He might’ve been reserved, but that didn’t mean he was going to take an insult like that sitting down. Ha Rim did happen to have a shred of dignity and pride, after all.

After Finnea had split them apart, Ha Rim moved back to where Abraxas and Bimi was, sighing to himself. This hasn’t been how he’d wanted his first day to go at all, “…did everyone see?” He asked Abraxas, watching the girl get all excited over the demon twins. He was hoping that by some miracle, some people hadn’t noticed his blunder; the teachers especially. Another sigh, “Just as well. Wouldn’t want my first day here to be forgettable.”

Furthermore, that unseelie girl was another problem entirely. Judging by the way she’d glared at him, she was going to hold a grudge, which would be just fine with him if the duelling hall didn’t exist.

Melody Mockingbird & Quinn Starly

“Ugh, i’m quite alright,” Quinn opened his eyes before seeing the same girl who had pushed him on the ground. The girl’s bottom half was a horse, which he thought was very strange; he’d never seen someone like this before.

Melody took a big sigh of relief before helping him up, “ Oh thank god, I thought I had done something wrong on the first day!” She smiled at him before stepping back, “My name is Melody Mockingbird, a centaur! What’s your name, mister?”

“Um, it’s Quinn Starly. Nice to meet you, Melody,” Quinn bowed respectfully. He took his time to check out Melody’s centaur half, which Melody took notice of quickly and showed off her sides.

“Well, what do you think?” Melody inquired of Quinn as soon as she felt that the male had stopped. “Not bad, I’d never seen a centaur in person before,” Quinn replied with a hint of amazement. He nods before taking his place by her side, “Well, what do you think about going to meet the other students?”

“Yes!” Melody agreed as soon as the question left his mouth. She was really excited to be here at the academy and was quite obvious. The blonde male nods, “Well, I'll let you guide us.”

Mercher Ester
Mercher watched as the students who were involved in the fall got themselves together and were already talking to each other. He was quite glad that nearly every student present got along fairly.

As Strunmir changed to his dragon form and flew off, Mercher stayed stationary in his position before choosing to leave to the Teacher's Quarters.

Saoirse
Her mouth twists up slightly as the male deigns to respond. Commendable, considering that she thought he was merely a meek rabbit. Still, she was not to be intimidated by anyone, least of all him. Arching a brow she retorts, "Fair enough, but my etiquette is reserved for those who at least have the same level of decorum. Which you do not." She then lets herself fall to the back of the group to walk on her own, in no mood to attempt socializing. It was at least assuring that her classmates had a bit more spine to them than she initially surmised.

Saoirse could tell that the plant teacher was staring at her and sighed. She would likely be talked to later about her demeanor, but she didn't care. If her classmates couldn't handle a bit of barbed words, they weren't worth being around. The Unseelie weren't known for delicate and flowery words. Speaking kindly was not something she was
adept at. Saoirse just hoped that she could see the training hall soon so she could plan her training schedule around her class time.

Finea
The dryad would move so she walked alongside Tyern, her eyes looking at the students with concern before she looked to her fellow professor and asked quietly so only he would hear, "Have I upset you in some way...?" Finea was not used to being around others outside her kin; the dryads and nymphs who shared roots within the same forest could communicate telepathically with each other and sense each other's emotions. So there were never any misunderstandings, but she couldn't tell what Tyern was thinking.

Finea's ears droop slightly and she softly mumbles, "I had thought I was aiding you...and I was eager to meet the students. But perhaps my eagerness is overbearing..." She stares at the ground as she continues, "I apologize, in any case. I needlessly interfered."​

Rosmin fell behind in line, watching the other students as they chatted and bantered. Three even fomenting a pack of some sort. She noticed pointy ears on a girl a little farther down than her, and a pair of boys with horns and a tail. And, of course, there was the dryad towering over everyone like a large willow that made Rosmin's eyes widen the first time she saw her. It was the most creature diversity she's ever seen in one place before.

She wanted to ask questions, learn more about the world outside her little village, but… she supposed it would be rude. Besides, she wasn't here to make friends.

Rosmin caught up towards the front and called, "Deputy Headmaster, sir. What was that about a piece of equipment?"

Tyern was doing the best he could to wrangle these teens. They were unruly, and it made him smile. At the larger woman's words, he flicked hi eyes to her. No, he wasn't angry at her. It was a complicated thing. War was coming. And he had learned to respect the chain of command though blood and honor. Tyern swung his eyes around. They burned into whoever he focused upon. It was not his intent, but they were intense. Looking at Finea, he gave her words he almost never said.
"I'm sorry. It's not you. I gave everything I had during the wars. In them, we understood and respected the chain of command. So when someone ignore that, it makes me lash out. Look, I get it. You don't know the rules I do. I lashed out because in a war, these things matter. We aren't at war though. I need to remember that. I'm sorry." He hadn't bothered to soften his voice. He didn't care who heard. Instead, he swung himself towards the source of a new question. He smiled at the student.
"Yes. I asked an old friend to design you students some new equipment. Are you so eager to know that you cannot wait for my announcement?"
Abraxas swung his head around to the other boy. If he was honest, he didn't hold a grudge. He never gave him or his brother so much as a dirty look.
"I understand. Control is hard. I don't blame your brother. Does that surprise you? I'm used to being hurt for no reason. I don't care about your brother. He just reacted. Honestly, he hurt because he has been hurt. I get that. My dad hurt me every day of my life. I'm used to it." Abraxas stuck out his hand to the other boy, bowing deeply.
"Abraxas of House Tenebrae. Second son of Maximiliano and Ursa Tenebrae. As they say, no hard feelings. I'm used to people around me hurting me."
He gave Ha Rim a serious look. "Seriously, I made much more of an ass of myself then you ever could. You need my help, you tell me. I might have stolen some books from the family home." Abraxas gave him a sheepish look. The books were rare, and full of knowledge. He had stolen family knowledge, though he wasn't aware just yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back