Other The 7 people you'll RP with.

JadeGreen17

Chimeric Spirit
Which ones have you seen? Which one is most like you? I might add more if I think of any; I had a giggle writing these.

1. The Marty/Mary Suer

The Mary Suer is exactly what you'd expect. The RP orbits around them. I don't really need to detail this one too much because we all know who they are already. They are the main character, and they are unstoppable. They have the strongest weapons, the best powers which they have perfect mastery of, the perfect looks. When they come to an obstacle that isn't part of their skillset expect them to to either power through it with brute force or pull a new ability out of their bumcheeks. If ever their character ever feels too strong and too powerful expect them to bring up some overly tragic backstory about how much pain they're in and how grizzly their hidden scars are just to gain sympathy points from the other characters, but don't expect the backstory to actually hamper the character or give them any actual weaknesses or vices.

2. The Ghost

This person will show up to your RP. They will seem very enthusiastic about your RP, probably being the first to put up a character sheet. You'll start off the IC and a page or two, thinking everything is off to a good start, then one day they'll be merrily typing out their latest post; being midway through a sentence th

3. The 'Exotic Lover'

The exotic lover is an eloquent term for that RPer who's mind is always in the gutter, and who believes their characters' greatest conquests occur in the bedroom rather than the battlefield. This person might be fun to RP with if you share their particular vision, but if you don't you can expect them to grow tired of your RP rather quickly if their needs aren't met. The exotic lover can be identified by the way they create overtly attractive characters with clothes that cover less than they should; and that they will describe these characters at great length given every opportunity. Expect them to frequently flirt with other RPers characters of their preferred gender, and for their posts to be laden with subtext. In partner RPs where romance and the various things that follow are expected this can be a perfectly acceptable RPer to play with, however the Exotic Lover refers to someone who admits their tendencies in a public group RP.

4. The Dictator

This is another one that doesn't need introduction. The Dictator GM knows exactly where the story is going from the first post and will completely lose their mind if anyone tries to deviate from the arc they have planned. In reality, the dictator GM would probably be better off pursuing writing than roleplaying since they more than likely have the entire roleplay's story outlined in a 200 page google doc somewhere. Expect them to probably have a strict requirement for post length, grammar, character portrayal and adherence to the lore if there is any.

5. The Snob

The snob prefers the finer things in life, and is someone who takes on roleplaying as seriously as if it were their professional hobby or job. They expect only the highest quality writing and directing of the roleplay. They can seem somewhat similar to the Dictator GM, and share some of the same qualities. If not every post rhymes like poetry and doesn't connect to the main theme they have established, they will go completely bananas. If you accidentally make use of a cliche expect them to either leave the RP or berate you for doing so. The snob is typically a grammar dictator and the mortal enemy of the Mary Suer. The snob is typically seen as the Dictator GM, but as a player and not the GM of an RP.

6. The person who writes things that go on for too long.

This RPer is typically a good RPer turned product of having roleplayed with too many snobs or dictator GMs, and is the Yin to the Yang of the "Ghost". They feel the need to explain everything in exquisite detail, even when it has no relevancy on the plot of the RP. Expect them to post 50 page dissertations on aspects of the lore or characters and rattle off half-baked suggestions for plot developments in the RP, as well as reference specific aspects of a settings lore, because it is extremely important that everyone in the role play knows that their Venator Class Star Destroyer is manufactured at Kuat Drive Yards and is 1,137 meters long rather than the 1,155m version and has 8 dual heavy turbolaser turrets, 2 medium dual turbolaser cannons, 52 point defense laser cannons, 4 heavy proton torpedo tubes and 6 tractor beam projectors, and that it carries 192 Alpha-3 Nimbus Class V wing starfighters, 192 Eta-2 Auctis-class Interceptors, 36 ARC-170 walkers and 40 AT-TEs. They will repeat this information ad nausieum. This person may ask a lot of questions, but the best way to identify them is that their posts will be noticeably longer than every other post. This is typically because their posts are full of redundant information. The fastest way to spot a person who writes things that go on for too long is to look for anything in their post that they take it upon themselves to repeat more than one time, because they frequently do this to make their post look far longer than it actually is. Strangely this person may also be less than fully skilled. Typically this RPer will be fairly dedicated and consistently post to the role play, but they will often drive others away due to producing giant walls of confusing unbroken text and poorly structured run on sentences that go on and on forever. They might even copy entire sections of posts in order to make their post of adequate length and duration to be deemed as an acceptable length by their fellow role players in this present moment, just so that they can remind them that their Venator Class Star Destroyer is manufactured at Kuat Drive Yards and is 1,137 meters long rather than the 1,155m version and has 8 dual heavy turbolaser turrets, 2 medium dual turbolaser cannons, 52 point defense laser cannons, 4 heavy proton torpedo tubes and 6 tractor beam projectors, and that it carries 192 Alpha-3 Nimbus Class V wing starfighters, 192 Eta-2 Auctis-class Interceptors, 36 ARC-170 walkers and 40 AT-TEs.

7. The Worldbuilder

Like the snob and the dictator can be sister species, the Worldbuilder and the Person that writes things that go on for too long are often closely related and have a lot of overlapping qualities. Expect them to show you a map of countries that looks more like a failed jackson polluck painting, and expect that they will have detailed the music, history, religion, language, government structure, laws, criminal justice system, royal lineage, philosophy, technological development, terrain, weather conditions, cuisine, holidays, clothing, architecture, military, literature, poetry, painting, marriage rites, burial rites and interpretive dance of EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of the dozens nations on their map, even the small ones on the far side of the planet that have NO relevance to the plot, checking with historical sources that the timeline of development in their fictional world is extremely accurate to real world history. How interesting read through these tomes of information can vary on the skill of the world builder and the patience possessed by the person reading through it. But the world builder typically comes up sorely lacking when it comes to roleplays, especially character-centric ones as their characters are often less interesting to RP with.

lol that was fun to read too. I've met almost all of those types at least once. Marty/Mary Suer and Ghost being the most common.
But I don't think I've ever come across the 'Exotic Lover' type. Maybe I'm (un)lucky or maybe that type just doesn't happen very often in the genres I usually rp.

So, before I elaborate, allow me to first put up front my overall issue with this:

Just because you prefer something a certain way, doesn't mean that what other people are doing is problematic. And yet you lump based on personal preferences people who are actually problematic with people who just have a different style of doing things.

If this wasn't your objective or something you meant to do, then please keep in mind not to start with three universally negative cases, because they set the tone for everything else.

4. The Dictator

This is another one that doesn't need introduction. The Dictator GM knows exactly where the story is going from the first post and will completely lose their mind if anyone tries to deviate from the arc they have planned. In reality, the dictator GM would probably be better off pursuing writing than roleplaying since they more than likely have the entire roleplay's story outlined in a 200 page google doc somewhere. Expect them to probably have a strict requirement for post length, grammar, character portrayal and adherence to the lore if there is any.

Up until #3 you are doing fineThen you get to number 4 which goes for a good start with GMs that get insanely attached to the specific outline of their plot, but you add this little nugget:
Expect them to probably have a strict requirement for post length, grammar, character portrayal and adherence to the lore if there is any.

While it may be true that while this type of GMs may have these kinds of requirements, one of two is true. Either you added it arbitrarily as a sentence that doesn't actually have to do with the problem, in which case you added in a sentence just to pad. Or you added the sentence implying that having those requirements makes you a dictator GM.

Having strict requirements for post length, grammar and character portrayal isn't tyranny or dictactorship. It's a simple matter of preference and in some cases an admitedly lackluster attempt at quality control. Either way, it's not something that is imposed on you: You CHOOSE to join roleplays with these requirements, and you can likewise choose to leave them at any time. They aren't a bad thing, quite on the contrary, they are essentially filters to help players with similar tastes and interests work together.

As for "lore adherence", I reckon a GM that allows actual walking plot holes to go around is the one doing something wrong. If your lore exists, obviously it should be adhered to.

5. The Snob

The snob prefers the finer things in life, and is someone who takes on roleplaying as seriously as if it were their professional hobby or job. They expect only the highest quality writing and directing of the roleplay. They can seem somewhat similar to the Dictator GM, and share some of the same qualities. If not every post rhymes like poetry and doesn't connect to the main theme they have established, they will go completely bananas. If you accidentally make use of a cliche expect them to either leave the RP or berate you for doing so. The snob is typically a grammar dictator and the mortal enemy of the Mary Suer. The snob is typically seen as the Dictator GM, but as a player and not the GM of an RP.

Now this one I don't have that much of an issue with, it just kind of bothers me. I don't have an issue because you didn't say anything that is blatantly insulting to people who didn't actually do anything remotely negative. What I don't like about this one though, is that based on surrounding context, it seems to imply that merely having the preference for something one considers to be of higher quality, and to find players they find to be of otherwise different standards to not be worth their time is always a bad attitude.

I do agree very much so that it can be taken too far. Though what one considers to be the baseline quality for a decent post shouldn't be something they are bad for wanting to get. If I find your posts that terrible, I wouldn't be a bad person just for having an issue with it or not wanting to get involved in a roleplay with you.

Now, I do understand that is probably not what you meant at all with this point. However, I still felt the need to adress this nuance, because of what is to come in the next few points.

Because those are the ones where shit really hits the fan.

6. The person who writes things that go on for too long.

This RPer is typically a good RPer turned product of having roleplayed with too many snobs or dictator GMs, and is the Yin to the Yang of the "Ghost". They feel the need to explain everything in exquisite detail, even when it has no relevancy on the plot of the RP. Expect them to post 50 page dissertations on aspects of the lore or characters and rattle off half-baked suggestions for plot developments in the RP, as well as reference specific aspects of a settings lore, because it is extremely important that everyone in the role play knows that their Venator Class Star Destroyer is manufactured at Kuat Drive Yards and is 1,137 meters long rather than the 1,155m version and has 8 dual heavy turbolaser turrets, 2 medium dual turbolaser cannons, 52 point defense laser cannons, 4 heavy proton torpedo tubes and 6 tractor beam projectors, and that it carries 192 Alpha-3 Nimbus Class V wing starfighters, 192 Eta-2 Auctis-class Interceptors, 36 ARC-170 walkers and 40 AT-TEs. They will repeat this information ad nausieum. This person may ask a lot of questions, but the best way to identify them is that their posts will be noticeably longer than every other post. This is typically because their posts are full of redundant information. The fastest way to spot a person who writes things that go on for too long is to look for anything in their post that they take it upon themselves to repeat more than one time, because they frequently do this to make their post look far longer than it actually is. Strangely this person may also be less than fully skilled. Typically this RPer will be fairly dedicated and consistently post to the role play, but they will often drive others away due to producing giant walls of confusing unbroken text and poorly structured run on sentences that go on and on forever. They might even copy entire sections of posts in order to make their post of adequate length and duration to be deemed as an acceptable length by their fellow role players in this present moment, just so that they can remind them that their Venator Class Star Destroyer is manufactured at Kuat Drive Yards and is 1,137 meters long rather than the 1,155m version and has 8 dual heavy turbolaser turrets, 2 medium dual turbolaser cannons, 52 point defense laser cannons, 4 heavy proton torpedo tubes and 6 tractor beam projectors, and that it carries 192 Alpha-3 Nimbus Class V wing starfighters, 192 Eta-2 Auctis-class Interceptors, 36 ARC-170 walkers and 40 AT-TEs.

Alright, this one is a bigger point, so I will break it down, because there is a considerable lot of what I already mentioned.

They feel the need to explain everything in exquisite detail, even when it has no relevancy on the plot of the RP.

"Relevancy to the plot" isn't a necessity for something to be included in a post. This is mainly because of two reasons:
1. Unless you are railroading (the thing you complained about with the dictator GM), posts will often not concern exclusively what will be included in the plot, because you can't know what will. Anyone who likes worldbuilding or has half a mind about a developed character will be adding details that don't necessarily contribute to the plot because not everything about a character or world needs to be plot relevant. In fact, when that happens it's a textbook case of a contrived character/world.
Books, unlike RPs are entirely about the story they are telling. Becuase one person has full control over everything, continuously, expanding upon a book's detail will detract from the effect and often be dumped uselessly at an unecessary point instead of the kind of time a writer can just frabricate at any point, to give the right situation for that kind of exposition.
And RPer has neither those pressures nor those privileges. They can't just randomly cut scenes and just to whatever suits them, they can't have your character prompt stuff and the plot isn't necessarily built around them at any point.
So the idea that you are implying here that adding extra points is inherently a bad thing because it "doesn't relate to the plot" shows a big misunderstanding of how RPing works...

2. Did you know that there are people who actually like getting those extra details? People who like reading stuff that isn't necesarily related to the RP but expands about the world, characters etc... Without getting too far into it, because I have a thread in the works detailing more about what I call the "detailed mindset", I will just say this: There are people who think differently and have different preferences than you do when it comes to how roleplays work. They aren't doing anything bad just for having those preferences. Writing more is something many can actually appreciate not just doing but also receiving. And nobody is has any obligation to go by your standards unless they previously agreed to.

And these two reasons aren't even accoutning for the fact that these facts often CAN be quite relevant for the plot just without it being immediately evident. It's called establishing, foreshadowing, etc.. you can set up things about the world that aren't immediately used, but which can come into play later, or be indicating something plot-related in a more subtle manner.

Expect them to post 50 page dissertations on aspects of the lore or characters and rattle off half-baked suggestions for plot developments in the RP, as well as reference specific aspects of a settings lore, because it is extremely important that everyone in the role play knows that their Venator Class Star Destroyer is manufactured at Kuat Drive Yards and is 1,137 meters long rather than the 1,155m version and has 8 dual heavy turbolaser turrets, 2 medium dual turbolaser cannons, 52 point defense laser cannons, 4 heavy proton torpedo tubes and 6 tractor beam projectors, and that it carries 192 Alpha-3 Nimbus Class V wing starfighters, 192 Eta-2 Auctis-class Interceptors, 36 ARC-170 walkers and 40 AT-TEs.
-sometimes it is
-setting tone is a thing that actually can be done. If that is their goal, then the exact information isn't as delivered as the immersion created by this being the sort of thing the character talks about. And sometimes it can even be characterization: the character chatters way too much about it because they are supposed to be this huge spaceship geek, the same way there are for instance car geeks who won't shut up about the different models if you ask them about it in real life.
-posts aren't necessarily written for you. In fact more often than not, they won't be, at least in group settings.

The fastest way to spot a person who writes things that go on for too long is to look for anything in their post that they take it upon themselves to repeat more than one time, because they frequently do this to make their post look far longer than it actually is
While I can't deny this is something that actually happens with a lot of folks, I'd argue this is one of the cases of what I will talk about in my conclusion: That you are talking extensively about non-issues with a few real issues burried underneath, thus implying the issue is, for instance, the person writing very large posts when in fact the issue you probably have is something else entirely. As such, you overlook that the actual problem here isn't the repetition, it's that repetition is being done to pad the post. Padding the post for the sake of padding it is the real issue.

What is the difference? People who actually understand how to write detail don't use repetition this way. Some use it only when necessary and others like myself use it stylistically. I write from my own character's POV, so I often use repetition to acentuate something, to express their state of mind in accordance to the show don't tell rule, or just because I want to show their attention being drawn to something.

So it isn't strange at all that this person you talked about "is less than fully skilled". Of course they are. If they weren't, they wouldn't need to pad.

Typically this RPer will be fairly dedicated and consistently post to the role play, but they will often drive others away due to producing giant walls of confusing unbroken text and poorly structured run on sentences that go on and on forever. They might even copy entire sections of posts in order to make their post of adequate length and duration to be deemed as an acceptable length by their fellow role players in this present moment, just so that they can remind them that their Venator Class Star Destroyer is manufactured at Kuat Drive Yards and is 1,137 meters long rather than the 1,155m version and has 8 dual heavy turbolaser turrets, 2 medium dual turbolaser cannons, 52 point defense laser cannons, 4 heavy proton torpedo tubes and 6 tractor beam projectors, and that it carries 192 Alpha-3 Nimbus Class V wing starfighters, 192 Eta-2 Auctis-class Interceptors, 36 ARC-170 walkers and 40 AT-TEs.

Now I don't actually have much issue with this part. Just that again you're mashing people that have little in common with each other together without rhyme or reason, while seemingly implying by the rest of the context that the problem is the length or the extra details, while it is in fact something entirely different.

7. The Worldbuilder

Like the snob and the dictator can be sister species, the Worldbuilder and the Person that writes things that go on for too long are often closely related and have a lot of overlapping qualities. Expect them to show you a map of countries that looks more like a failed jackson polluck painting, and expect that they will have detailed the music, history, religion, language, government structure, laws, criminal justice system, royal lineage, philosophy, technological development, terrain, weather conditions, cuisine, holidays, clothing, architecture, military, literature, poetry, painting, marriage rites, burial rites and interpretive dance of EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of the dozens nations on their map, even the small ones on the far side of the planet that have NO relevance to the plot, checking with historical sources that the timeline of development in their fictional world is extremely accurate to real world history. How interesting read through these tomes of information can vary on the skill of the world builder and the patience possessed by the person reading through it. But the world builder typically comes up sorely lacking when it comes to roleplays, especially character-centric ones as their characters are often less interesting to RP with.

This one I just don't see any problem with. At all.

Yeah, it can be a problem if they expect you to know all of it or if they get so lost in worldbuilding that they forget everything else. I give you that. But just because you have things extremely developed, this doesn't make you in any way problematic.

I do have to aknowledge though, that unlike in the other points in this one you at least aknowledged that a skilled person can actually make this interesting.

that have NO relevance to the plot
I already adressed this. You don't need to have everything have plot relevance.

checking with historical sources that the timeline of development in their fictional world is extremely accurate to real world history.
So when I first read this line I was really confused, because historical accuracy isn't really something worldbuilders are generally concerned about when they make fictional settings. Then I realized you probably meant people who base the way they construct their world on real history.

I can see people getting a bit pedantic about this, but again, its a non-issue to just have the person wanting to improve their worldbuilding with this.

But the world builder typically comes up sorely lacking when it comes to roleplays, especially character-centric ones as their characters are often less interesting to RP with.
This is just plain wrong. Worldbuilders, especially intense ones, often tend to make way better characters, because they actually ground their characters and have a more open mind about what kind of characters can be interesting to explore. I will admit us worldbuilders do fall a little flat is the roleplay is entirely set in a void, but that is because the setting there is so shitty that there is no way to actually produce a grounded character.

So in the end of the day, again, what is the issue here?

1. Your thread seems to suggest that all the things you list here are negative
2. You adress non-issues as if they were issues, while making actual issues into foot notes or examples of a "larger problem" that isn't actually a problem, and instead is just something that doesn't happen to be exactly as you prefer.

Through the combination of these two, you consciously or otherwise make bad guys out of people who just have a different style than you, and honestly 4 out of 7 are earnestly trying to do their best to contribute. Point out and criticize actual mistakes and exagerations in their conduct? Sure, I can get behind that. But don't lump in, for instance, anyone who writes longer posts with people who just pad, because that is factually wrong, insulting and villifying of those people.

Starting to see why idea has the most likes.

Idea Idea

I think JadeGreen17 JadeGreen17 's intention was to exaggerate some features of different roleplayers in a comical way, I would not take things as insulting, even though I found myself in most of their points. Especially considering that these typologies are extremely common in the RP world.

Idea Idea

I think JadeGreen17 JadeGreen17 's intention was to exaggerate some features of different roleplayers in a comical way, I would not take things as insulting, even though I found myself in most of their points. Especially considering that these typologies are extremely common in the RP world.
While I do consider that their intentions may not have been that (and in fact mentioned that possibility a few times in my comment) the way this is phrased suggests non-problematic things as the source of actual problems. If the list was all actually problematic types- or all people whom you might encounter, without them necessarily being problematic, or even if they didn't spend the first half describing people who are universally problematic, then I would be quite inclined to just take their intention for it. But because their first three examples are so negative, they set precedent for how the rest of the thread reads.

8. The Meme Lord
Everybody loves them, or they hate them. That's it. Expect them to tYrPeE Likesfig this omg lol w/e [animu.gif] until it comes time to post, and they're plopping behemoths.

Ha!! Oh my god, I love this! I'm definitely a Ghost, with a side of Worldbuilder. And as a GM, my mortal enemies are definitely The People Who Go On For Too Long.

Thank you so much for posting this, I can't stop giggling at work!

:o) This was great!

I've usually ran into ghosts, but I acknowledge the other stereotypes as well!

I'd like to think I'm closest to "The person who writes things that go on for too long", but my characters and their perspectives are interesting (since I mostly use old and highly developed characters in RP's on this site) but well ya can't control other perspectives about ya. :angelD:

Idea Idea

Bingo.

You notice how the "Ghost" post cuts off halfway through a sentence. Or the "Rambler" post contains lots pointless repeated information. This was just me having a giggle. The intention was not to offend anybody, if anything to get people to be self aware and maybe laugh at themselves a little bit. To be fair the only real reason I wrote this was because I randomly woke up at 4:00am one day and couldn't think of a better use of my time.

Bingo.

You notice how the "Ghost" post cuts off halfway through a sentence. Or the "Rambler" post contains lots pointless repeated information. This was just me having a giggle. The intention was not to offend anybody, if anything to get people to be self aware and maybe laugh at themselves a little bit. To be fair the only real reason I wrote this was because I randomly woke up at 4:00am one day and couldn't think of a better use of my time.

Alright. I will admit that, while I noticed the exageration aspect, I didn't quite realize the reception would be one of self-identification rather than accusatory. In that sense, I may have taken things a little bit more seriously than I ought to. However, one line confuses me quite a bit in this regard:
How interesting read through these tomes of information can vary on the skill of the world builder and the patience possessed by the person reading through it.

Why this little bit of random reason on a comedic/sarcastic piece like this? It seems out of place- Like if you're not actually trying to throw criticism why is there an admittion of one of these behaviors being potentially interesting?

Because if there are actual criticisms here, then they are misguided and target non-issues while portraying those as issues. If it is meant to be 100% joke, then I would say it should be a bit more..."out there" so to speak.

JadeGreen17 JadeGreen17 If you do a sequel thread, I'd like to see GM stereotypes! Or like..... "what kind of RPer you are, based on your zodiac", something Buzzfeedy like that!

“Uh... hello. My name is Stone...”

Monotoneus chorus responds “Hi Stone...”

“And I... am a worldbuilder. I know no one wants to read all 500 pages but the lore of this small specifc culture subgroup is super important! And even though they died out centuries before the time of the roleplay, they directly relate to the language of the this other city that I WON’T let any of the characters learn because it’s too detrimental to the plot that I’m making all of them go down...”

“Oh...”

“Maybe I’m a dictator too...”

“Oh... god...” Quietly takes a seat.
——
Joking aside, funny stuff! I definitely see myself as a world-building dictator, haha.

According to this I am a Dictator Worldbuilder. XD Probably not to that extreme but still have those traits. Let's see, I think you're missing...

The Inquisitor
A person who seems to be able to ask infinite questions. Rather than reading any information that has been given they simply ask. While not inherently bad, if they just would read before asking this might reduce the amount of questions they need to ask. Additionally they can be forgetful and even ask the same question in various ways, sometimes channeling their inner Yoda.

The Critic
The Critic is that person who criticizes everything to such a degree that the others plot their character's demise. Their odd behavior is strange because they join a roleplay only to criticize nearly everything about it making it seem more like they hate the game rather than having any player interest.

The False GM
The False GM shares traits with the Critic but takes it a step further in forcefully shoving themselves into GM matters even though they are - in fact - not the GM. They'll try a hostile takover of the roleplay and dish out player approval and rejections, criticize character sheets, in-character replies; all without GM approval. They might also have a little bit of the Dictator in them and the resulting tyranny may result in the player character being assassinated.

JadeGreen17 JadeGreen17 If you do a sequel thread, I'd like to see GM stereotypes! Or like..... "what kind of RPer you are, based on your zodiac", something Buzzfeedy like that!
Lol, GM types tropes dear god that would be great.

Last edited:
Lol, GM types dear god that would be great.

Here's my contribution:

The Skeeve
You're pretty sure they made this roleplay to satisfy some sort of weird fetish.... but you can't tell which one.

Unfortunately, I often feel as though driving a humorous concept into the ground is often a good way to kill the joke. Like this thread Experiences - The Worst Space Battle I've Ever RPed (Tactically Inept Rper Loses 5 SSDs) It will probably be a one-off as 75% of what makes it funny would carry into a neighboring thread on the same topic, and unless I really feel like I'm capturing lightning in a bottle I tend not to do a "series" of threads.

According to this I am a Dictator Worldbuilder. XD Probably not to that extreme but still have those traits. Let's see, I think you're missing...

The Inquisitor
A person who seems to be able to ask infinite questions. Rather than reading any information that has been given they simply ask. While not inherently bad, if they just would read before asking this might reduce the amount of questions they need to ask. Additionally they can be forgetful and even ask the same question in various ways, sometimes channeling their inner Yoda.

The Critic
The Critic is that person who criticizes everything to such a degree that the others plot their character's demise. Their odd behavior is strange because they join a roleplay only to criticize nearly everything about it making it seem more like they hate the game rather than having any player interest.

The False GM
The False GM shares traits with the Critic but takes it a step further in forcefully shoving themselves into GM matters even though they are - in fact - not the GM. They'll try a hostile takover of the roleplay and dish out player approval and rejections, criticize character sheets, in-character replies; all without GM approval. They might also have a little bit of the Dictator in them and the resulting tyranny may result in the player character being assassinated.

Nevermind. Looks like you guys got this handled. Also I can think of somebody who falls under the inquisitor to a humorously exaggerated degree.

Nevermind. Looks like you guys got this handled. Also I can think of somebody who falls under the inquisitor to a humorously exaggerated degree.
The funny thing about the Inquisitor is that is has everything to do with my table top experiences. XD

The Inquisitor

I feel attacked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back