Other The 25+ Crowd

-checks age on ID, walks on in-
I'm old enough to be in here~

I'll be 25+ in December. Do I get to be an honorary member of this crowd?

Hi!

So I feel super old reading some of these posts and realize that probably majority of this crowd is under 20 years old... so I just wanted to write a shout out to all the 25+ peeps who are still writing! Woo! Awesome job!

I'm 28.
I'm married.
I have a house.
I have a full-time job to pay the bills.

Sometimes I feel adult; other times old lol.

So, just wanted to say hi and maybe make some writing connections with some similar-aged people :D

Okay I'm done rambling.
I'll be thirty in two months, but I've been writing since I can remember. I'm married with kids and work full-time as well. It's nice to meet you! :)

I'm 38, married and children. I live in a smurf villiage where everybody looks the same and does the same things and sadly roleplaying is not one of those things. :P

I have grown out of "saving the world" story's a long time ago and I like to play flawed adult characters. Often they have a little drama in their past. Not so much that they become melodramatic and take over the rp with their whining. I can just emphatise with characters better if their life has not always been perfect.
I prefer to play with people who are close to my own age, or at least not under 25.

Hard Core committed to chastity and life long spinsterhood
Still living with mum cuz I'm a sad child-adult nerd person
Work at the local library
Schedule is insanity so no Roleplays until after I barrel thru work seminars

Gahhh! Stopped in to grab a bucket of chicken from a franchise that shall remain nameless. Young pup behind the counter took one look at me and gave me a senior discount. Now I really feel old.

Oh good, I feel a little better now I've found this thread.

I work full-time, I'm single and life is boring at the moment. I prefer realistic RPs, mostly gangsters, these days. I prefer to be able to post 2+ paragraphs per day.

- 23 (almost 24) counts right? xD
- Currently a college student (and having to suffer in a class full of 18 year olds, but thankfully I'm not the only 20+ student in my class).

Can I just? This isn't the worst. My senior yr of college I had to take Chem 1, typically a freshman class. (Backstory I failed principles 1 twice, changed majors, and put off chem as long as I could bc it's the worst). I was one of maybe 5 people who weren't not freshman. And these girls. Oh my god. They didn't stop talking throughout lecture all semester. A LOT of "omg did u go to the party at blue house it was so cray the cops showed up I hid in a bush" and then. When the tests would come back. "HOW DID I FAIL OH MY GOD" like ????

Hi!

- full time job in retail
- Bachelors degree that is collecting dust on a book case bc how do I have 3-5 yrs experience for your stupid entry level position
- long term relationship (wooo 8 1/2 yrs)

Hi!

- full time job in retail
- Bachelors degree that is collecting dust on a book case bc how do I have 3-5 yrs experience for your stupid entry level position
- long term relationship (wooo 8 1/2 yrs)

Henh. I feel your pain. Spent 4 years getting a B.A. that did/does me absolutely no good. Spent 7 years in the Navy, and all that training amounted to nothing useful. Got out and got an A.A.S. in Electronics from a technical college. That one's been far more use than anything I earned previously.

Henh. I feel your pain. Spent 4 years getting a B.A. that did/does me absolutely no good. Spent 7 years in the Navy, and all that training amounted to nothing useful. Got out and got an A.A.S. in Electronics from a technical college. That one's been far more use than anything I earned previously.

I did 5 years. I should really go to grad school. Like, in an ideal world where I'm not super indecisive and super lazy I would go for my Masters and then my Doctorate. I'd be set for life doing something. BUT my field requires thesis and that means deciding: do I want to study plants or animals? birds or mammals? what about studying forest ecosystems or how about wetlands? LIKE. I'm paranoid that I'll spend 5+ years studying a species or ecosystem, and hate it and not want to spend my life focusing there.

I've been thinking about finding an associates program that I could do just to be a little bit better off but. That makes me feel like I wasted $33K and 5 years of my life. I LOVE the field I chose but finding a paying intro job is difficult. I'm REALLY good at my job right now, but even at almost $15/hr it's just not working for me.

25 years old.
Full time English teacher + Grad student = A talent for self-loathing.
The only things I find offensive are virgin cocktails and Nickelback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back