That one game song track....

Yonsisac

Local-super-mega-Potassium-cyborg Ninja!
We have all played MANY games and each love different types of games no mater the platform you enjoy it on, But sometimes there are games that have one heck of a soundtrack! and you know what makes a boss better? music of course! what makes a sad scene better? duh music! i love music and hearing a game with such a soundtrack gives me the pure feels but....what is YOUR favorite game soundtrack?

Lets start!

Song title: "Zero"

Game: Ace combat ZERO

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Composed by: Keiki Kobayashi, Hiroshi Okubo, Tetsukazu Nakanishi, Junichi Nakatsuru[/COLOR]

You know what i like more than a 1v1 dual? one song that makes sure you remember this foe is more than what the eye can see and Zero puts that right in to place. Fighting a old friend in the  barren cold wasteland as he tries to launch nuclear warheads to restart all to "Zero" makes sure to put all you have learn to the test. Thees old steel wings can still fly!

Song Title: Bloody Tears

Game: Castlevania

Composer:  [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Kenichi Matsubara[/COLOR]

The nostalgia I get from this is beyond words.

Ugh, I have so many for this, but I'm going to go with the first thing that popped into my mind.

Song title: Rules of Nature

Game: Metal Gear Rising: Revengance 

Composer: Jamie Christopherson

Picture this, you're just a cool ass cyborg running around cutting dudes up with a sword,and not even 10 minutes into the game, a building sized robot with two huge blades for arms shows up out of nowhere and the instrumental version off this song comes on. After a few minutes of running around attacking it's legs and taking  in the epicness of the situation, the giant ass robot swings down one of it's blade arms and as you're about to be crushed by the thing, you block it and get into a power struggle as the vocals come on making an already hype boss fight even more hype.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I have so many for this, but I'm going to go with the first thing that popped into my mind.

Picture this, you're just a cool ass cyborg running around cutting dudes up with a sword,and not even 10 minutes into the game, a building sized robot with two huge blades for arms shows up out of nowhere and the instrumental version off this song comes on. After a few minutes of running around attacking it's legs and taking  in the epicness of the situation, the giant ass robot swings down one of it's blade arms and as you're about to be crushed by the thing, you block it and get into a power struggle as the vocals come on making an already hype boss fight even more hype.

That was actually the second thing to pop into my mind. It was stains of time though lol

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Molgera (Also in Hyrule Warriors Legends) 

Monster Hunter Generations Glavenus theme. Let's not forget the zinogre's  from Monster hunter 4 ultimate. 

And I could go on, but I will stop at Brachydios from Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. 

Song Title: "Blue Bird Lamentation"

Game: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Composer: Shinji Hosoe

Memorable, sad little song. Not gonna go into why I adore it so much. For that matter, heads up with anything regarding this song as it's kind of a spoiler mine field.

The first two games in the trilogy (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward) are both coming to Steam early next year with the final game already available (Zero Time Dilemma). Highly recommend giving them a shot if you're looking for a VN with some fun twists. The less you know going into it, the better.

Imagine. You're a 'LYNX', in the simplest terms, you're a badass mercenary motherfucker that pilots a giant robot that can take on entire fleets of warships and hope, nay, expect to win. A weapon of mass destruction, that renders any area it wanders into a wasteland by way of its ludicrously toxic power source; a 'Kojima Reactor', that also protects you by forming an energy shield that's nearly impenetrable to conventional firepower. During the course of the game, you take on walking fortresses, battleships armed with laser-blades and the speed and maneuverability of a jet-fighter, crush the remains of an entire city to take out an army hiding within, take on countless other NEXT's, many of status easily comparable to your own, over time, and, eventually, decide to join up with a mysterious organization, 'ORCA', that opposes the League of Ruling Companies, the rightful government of the world by force of arms, which reveals to you a dire secret;

The Cradles, Mankind's new homes in the sky, safe from the polluted surface, were never able to be a permanent solution. They're threatened on both ends; as the only power source that can lift these flying cities is a Kojima Reactor, the very thing that powers them is also the main reason for their existence, and, at the same time, their most dire threat! While it was thought that they could just fly higher and higher over time, the leader of ORCA reveals to you the true secret.

The Cradles, as aforementioned, are threatened on 'both ends' in the literal term. Long ago, when the component companies of the League were still divided and fighting with each other and to replace the old governments, they fought a secret war in space. Cumulatively, they put up a countless number of weapons in the upper atmosphere to restrict each other's access to space, and it got to the point that even they could never remove their freshly built iron cage. They trapped the entirety of the human race on their quickly degrading home planet...

The only solution, was to redirect the power sources of the Cradles to special anti-satellite cannons, and consign the vast majority of the human race to death to save a precious few. It was either that, or total extinction.... You agree to their plan.

Until... One of their number, Old King, convinces you otherwise. Without an arguement.

"Ah, greetings, Lap dog. This is Oldking. We're going to destroy cradle three. Care to join us?"

"ORCA has been too lenient for too long. In a revolution, blood must be spilled. Don't you think?"

For a reason you can't quite understand, you accept his offer. He's one of your superiors at ORCA, right? He has to have the right idea. You mindlessly follow him.

You kill one hundred million innocents, taking down the floating city of Cradle three. As Old King reveals...

Just for fun.

With no one else taking you in for your heinous crimes, considered treasonous both by the League and by ORCA, you both decide to go out fighting. You 'accept' a 'contract' the League offers you one last time, and lead yourself into their 'trap'.

Five blips appear on your radar. Old-King dies almost instantly.

You fight the five enemy NEXT's, the most that have ever been collected for a single task in history.

And you come out winning.

The only thing left for you to do is to fell every single cradle, committing the most horrendous genocide in human history, consigning most, all of mankind to death...

'for fun'.

The sheer context behind when that song plays makes me lose my shit every time.

Ah my favourite of the tracks that go with everything.

Song Title: Far Horizons

Game: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Composer: Jeremy Soule

"Hmm this cave looks interesting I think I'll go inside...nope this track is playing I'll come back later."

Oh and speaking of Metal Gear

I use the MGS theme on my 3DS home screen just for the instrumental version of this track.

Ah my favourite of the tracks that go with everything.

"Hmm this cave looks interesting I think I'll go inside...nope this track is playing I'll come back later."

Oh and speaking of Metal Gear

I use the MGS theme on my 3DS home screen just for the instrumental version of this track.

That's my favorite ladder song.

Song: A Wish for Peace

Game: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

Have an extended version because I feel nice

So let's put this one in perspective... I'll put the story in spoilers for those who haven't played this game all the way thought. 

You're a human, or were a human, from the future. The future, however, isn't all glam and tech. It's a dead world where nothing moves, hardly anything lives, and the sun never rises. The planet has been paralyzed, the Time Gears that keep time flowing having been disrupted, leading to a near future where time never moves. Your best friend, a Pokemon named Grovyle, helped you travel back in time in order to prevent this dull and hopeless future, but in the process, the two of you got separated and you lost all your memory of him. 

You meet your partner for the game after washing up on the beach, after having been transformed into a Pokemon. The two of you join a guild together and go through all sorts of adventures, rescue little kids, bring in bad guys, discover treasure and help out those in town. Eventually, reports start coming in about Time Gears being stolen, and the guild you're in undertakes an investigation to find the culprit. It's Grovyle, but you don't remember him, and start fighting against him... in the end, you're betrayed by an explorer and pulled into the dead future. When you get back to the past, the three of you continue to take Time Gears and head to the Temporal Tower to fix time. Grovyle sacrifices himself to save you from the betrayer, sending both him and the other Pokemon into the future again. 

After a fight with a deranged Dialga, the legendary Pokemon that guards time, you restore time and the world continues to turn. As you and your partner return home, however, it's revealed that you will cease existing. Since the future you come from doesn't exist anymore, neither will you. In your last living moments, you beg your partner to continue on, to spread your story, to spread peace around the world. You final wish is a wish for peace. 

Song: A Wish for Peace

Game: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

Have an extended version because I feel nice

So let's put this one in perspective... I'll put the story in spoilers for those who haven't played this game all the way thought. 

You're a human, or were a human, from the future. The future, however, isn't all glam and tech. It's a dead world where nothing moves, hardly anything lives, and the sun never rises. The planet has been paralyzed, the Time Gears that keep time flowing having been disrupted, leading to a near future where time never moves. Your best friend, a Pokemon named Grovyle, helped you travel back in time in order to prevent this dull and hopeless future, but in the process, the two of you got separated and you lost all your memory of him. 

You meet your partner for the game after washing up on the beach, after having been transformed into a Pokemon. The two of you join a guild together and go through all sorts of adventures, rescue little kids, bring in bad guys, discover treasure and help out those in town. Eventually, reports start coming in about Time Gears being stolen, and the guild you're in undertakes an investigation to find the culprit. It's Grovyle, but you don't remember him, and start fighting against him... in the end, you're betrayed by an explorer and pulled into the dead future. When you get back to the past, the three of you continue to take Time Gears and head to the Temporal Tower to fix time. Grovyle sacrifices himself to save you from the betrayer, sending both him and the other Pokemon into the future again. 

After a fight with a deranged Dialga, the legendary Pokemon that guards time, you restore time and the world continues to turn. As you and your partner return home, however, it's revealed that you will cease existing. Since the future you come from doesn't exist anymore, neither will you. In your last living moments, you beg your partner to continue on, to spread your story, to spread peace around the world. You final wish is a wish for peace. 

giphy.gif
[/B]

Why??? Why must you torment me so?

Also this theme rocks

One of the games that I think does the best combining every element of it together, especially the soundtrack and the story (and the emotions that go along with it).  Transistor.  This comes on at the end, and all the emotions from the story comes rushing in for me :')

Track Name: Flight of the Pigeon

Game: Battlefield 1

Composer: Patrik Adren

Track Name: Zajdi Zajdi

Game: Battlefield 1

Composer: Patrik Adren

Can't think of a favorite, so I'll just list some songs I like. 

The Other Promise by Yoko Shimomura. Plays when you fight Roxas in Kingdom Hearts 2.5. 

Great Grey Wolf Sif by Motoi Sakuraba. Plays when you fight Sif in dark souls. 

Gwyn, Lord of Cinder, also by Motoi Sakuraba. Plays when you fight Gwyn in Dark souls. 

Streets of Whiterun, by Jeremy Soule. Not sure what causes this one to play, but it's from Skyrim. I think it just plays randomly.

"Green Eyed Jealousy" by Junya Ota, AKA "ZUN." It plays during the fight with Parsee Mizuhashi in Stage 2 of Touhou 11: Subterranean  Animism. This theme portrays Parsee as a melancholic and pitiable character who's grown increasingly jealous of those who have all the freedom they want on the surface world. For her, she's stuck living underground with many of the other 'rejects' of society, and there's nothing she can do to help her situation. It's odd to see ZUN make slower, more thoughtful tunes like this for bosses—they're usually hyper and filled with quick snare drum beats and blasting melody. Wait, that's still in this song? I guess even the "slower" songs have energy.

And now for something completely different. This is "Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess", also by ZUN. This song plays during the fight with Shinmyoumaru Sukuna (the final boss)  in Touhou 14: Double Dealing Character. Right away, this song lets you know this is going to be a hype faceoff of laser-slinging proportions. It's the theme of Shinmyoumaru's final stand against the heroine. After realizing that her most trusted ally, Seija Kijin, was just using her to start a huge incident, Shinmyoumaru has become the next target of the heroine. After all, she is in charge of Seija, and because of that, she needs to be taught a lesson. Shinmyoumaru might only be an inch tall, but she's more than capable of kicking the crap out of you in this fight with her crazy final-boss level spells.

Song title: Sector Sweep

Game: Half-Life 2

Composed by: Kelly Bailey

One of those songs where you feel like a complete badass as you carve your way through entire battalions of Combine troops. Singlehandedly.

"Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator" by ZUN (From Touhou 13: Ten Desires)

This song plays when fighting the final boss of the game, Toyosatomimi no Miko, a resurrected Taoist hermit whose design is inspired by the legend of Prince Shoutoku from Japanese folklore. She knows 7 ways to kill you, and that's just with her bullet hell alone. The beginning starts off mysterious and almost challenging to the player, taunting them to beat the boss and secure that right to see the end credits. Grunge guitar kicks in as things kick up, and towards the middle, the ambience of the song grows more chill and thoughtful until it kicks back into the hype ZUNpets and guitar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back