• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tested and Tried

Though it was sudden, and she clearly didn't expect her extremely tough friend to embrace her in a hug, holding on for several moments before letting go, a few tears trailing down her face. This made Valoire feel guilty herself, for not telling Jackie was was truly going on and now allowing her to see her in the hospital. This made her act before thinking, returning the hug much more firmly than she would've before. "I'm sorry for making you worry...." she murmured, not meeting her eyes.

Life. Life.

Normally Jackie would've been feeling embarrassed for showing such weakness in front of someone, but in the current situation she did not care since she was breaking down to someone she cared. The woman was not sure how Val's reaction would be to the sudden hug, but instead of anger or surprise her friend reciprocated the action. Jackie breathed out a slight gasp of surprise from the return of the hug and the strength at which her friend was hugging her with. She heard a murmur of an apology leaving Val's lips but her eyes were not looking up at Jackie.

Moving without thinking, Jackie placed her hand underneath Val's chin and lifted it up so that she could look at her with as much vision as her tears would allow her. "Why are you apologizing you ass? I'm the one who should've done more to be by your side. What kind of friend am I, not trying my hardest to check up on you? If only there was a way I could make it up to you." The perfect words of sincerity were falling out of the blogger's mouth. The alcohol was clearly working its magic to reveal a softer side to the crass woman.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As she limited her chin, Valoire reluctantly met her tear stained eyes with guilty ones of her own. She had to apologize. It was her fault that she hadnt been able to see her, it is her fault that the woman was breaking down in her arms, and it would be her fault when she ended up finding out. Now she would burry her face into the slightly taller woman's chest. "It's my fault..." she would mutter, holding the woman a bit tighter still. "It doesn't matter that you didn't try..."

She fully wasn't aware of what she was saying. And part of her was hoping that the woman was still too drunk to really make sense of it all, but it did make her feel a slightly better, despite how her heart began to pound as adrenaline coursed through her unnecessarily. Valoire was painfully feeling compelled to moce, exhaust herself. But yet she stayed attached to Jackie, not allowing herself to do so just yet.

Life. Life.

Despite the small rift that may have appeared between the two women from the period of not seeing each other, not much has changed in Jackie's perspective about Valoire. She was certainly the same soft-hearted woman she became friends with. Although something was changing within Jackie, her feeling specifically, towards Valoire. Her drunken mind was not helping in trying to decipher what it was considering how muggy it was feeling. But it recognized Valoire's words and her hug.

"The accident was not your fault. Not allowing me to see you was not your fault. Really none of this is either of our faults. It was just life fucking with us." Jackie didn't want to see or feel Valoire sad anymore. It...ached her heart. The blogger was hoping by brushing off the guilt and placing the fault on the universe that it would ease her friend's sadness. As Jackie continued to stay in Val's embrace she felt her body becoming warmer over the minutes. Val was certainly much warmer than she was, or it could also just be the alcohol in Jackie's system warming up her body and fooling her to think that it was Val that was warm.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Maybe Jackie was right. That she didn't do any of this and it was all life fucking her over. She didn't ask for any of this to happen, but it did and she was making due. The words were comforting and their embrace even more or so, making mixed feelings spark within her.

Val couldn't respond as she noticed the rise in tempature between the two, it becoming rather extreme with it radiating off of the now somewhat anxious woman. Reluctantly pulling away, she appeared a bit flushed, eyes darting up into the blogger's before away. Her breathing had become quick and short, possibly feeling as if she were suffocating. "I'm sorry..." she squeezed out between breaths. "I just... need a moment..."

Life. Life.

Jackie watched when she caught a glimpse of Val's dark brown eyes. The sadness in them broke Jackie's heart. She saw her eyes look away and heard her whisper out something about having 'a moment'. Jackie felt that it wasn't a moment she needed but rather some sign that Jackie was here to stay by her side. How she did it was something sober Jackie would have never expected or thought about doing. But the influence of alcohol and the sudden thoughts of her brain thinking through all the dramas she's watched and the way people handled these types of situations popped into her head. So drunk Jackie thought that perhaps following one of the methods they did in the dramas would do. Although she didn't think all through the consequences considering she was lost in the moment and her feelings.

Right before Val could completely break away from the embrace, Jackie pulled her quickly back in. Swiftly moving her hands to the cheeks of her friend and then bringing her lips to hers. A kiss was a good way to show her devotion, right? To show that everything will be alright, correct? Jackie then pulled away after a few seconds her fuzzy brain actually registering something from the night. Oh shit maybe that wasn't the right thing to do.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Many moments in her life had Valoire been confused, such as when she was younger with trivial things to when she had been lying in a hospital bed a step away from death. But this moment most likely trumped them all, as Jackie pulled her back into the embrace but instead of warping her arm around her, she used it to steady her as she placed a kiss right onto her lips. The woman feeling cold against her rising body temperature, the taste of alcohol still barely detectable. As she pulled back, clearly conflicted, Val simply stood there. Paralyzed. Her face reading a mixture of emotions that was impossible to describe. Somehow her heart beat faster, the woman soon feeling a bit light headed. In any other situation she would've went for a long run, or possibly even took another much colder shower. But instead, in the heat of the moment, she did something even herself didn't expect.

She returned the favor.

Instead of scolding the woman, or awkwardly playing it off, she leaned forward and kissed her once more. Yes it could've been to gauge a reaction, but as far as she was aware, it was more than genuine.

Life. Life.

For a moment, Jackie was scared that perhaps she may have pushed her friend away with that one simple action. The thing was Jackie didn't regret it. It was actual a pleasant experience, although it appeared as though Val was feeling conflicted about it. Jackie's heart beat was already beating fast from the thrill of the kiss and the fear of the consequences. She could feel herself holding her breath, watching Valoire to see if maybe she could read what her friend was thinking. But then the unexpected happened again.

Valoire leaned forward to return a kiss. Jackie was shocked at first but that emotion didn't last as she accepted her gesture. Finding the strength somehow, Jackie walked Valoire over to her bed, pulling Val down with her as Jackie fell back. The woman was breathless from the sudden heat and emotions that were sparking up inside of her. Sure she has had her previous times with others in participating in certain actions. But with Valoire it was different. She was actually feeling something, intimacy.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Having forgotten all she had been worrying over for the past few hours, the woman allowed her to be guided over tot the bed. Thoughts did spark in the back of her mind, such as if the blogger was simply acting out in her drunken state and would regret it in the morning. But they didn't seem to matter right now. Hell, nothing did but the woman in front of her. It was the calmest she had felt in days... weeks even! And she was going to saver it while it lasted, even if it wasn't truly real.

After they had sat down on the bed, Val was the one to slowly pull back this time, looking expectingly at Jackie to see what she was going to do next. Worse case scenario, she would come to her sense and begin to freak out. Best... there were countless outcomes.

Life. Life.

Valoire pulled back this time, although it wasn't rushed or anything so that appeared as a good sign to Jackie. Well really the second kiss was the big indication. Her eyes looked into Valoire's. She could feel her breaths coming out in short intervals. This was certainly taking her breath away. Drunk Jackie was beginning to convince all other parts of Jackie that perhaps there were times where she had actually felt romantic feelings for her friend. Although those thoughts were not lasting considering at this point her mind was still fuzzy and really her brain was needed to process her actions.

"I guess tonight you were to lucky one to have me," Jackie whispered, planting another kiss before finishing her statement, "Although after tonight I may not anyone else." Drunk Jackie was clearly trying to smooth talk Val. But her intentions of trying to make her feel special were pure and true. After all that Val has been through and what she should really deserve, perhaps this was the least that Jackie could do. Show her the love she had for the woman.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

At Jackie's words, Valoire was truly at a loss for a response. What could she say to something like that, during such a situation? She feared anything that might escape her lips would ruin everything that had just happened. And so as she parted her mouth appearing as if she were about to respond, when she stopped herself and opted for a small smile instead shifting closer to Jackie. Even though she was surprised by all this and it was extremely out of character, it didn't bother her one bit.

Life. Life.

It appeared as though Val was about to say something but instead she gave Jackie a small smile and moved closer to the woman. Jackie saw this as an invitation for her to accept. She smiled widely and wrapped her arms around the woman once more, granting her another heartfelt kiss and pulling her back to the point that Valoire was lying on top of Jackie. Jackie pulled back from the kiss, breathless. She looked up to Val, her emotions running high at this point where she even began feeling the loneliness that had clung onto her for the past few months. With that one emotion mixed with the heat of the moment and the influence of alcohol Jackie whispered words that she had never said to anyone before, "I love you Valoire." Hopefully these were words that Jackie were sincere about, but they simply slipped out of her mouth.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

It was a few hours before noon when Val slowly woke. At first she was surprised she managed to even fall asleep, but as she glanced beside her, the woman paled when she saw that Jackie was lying rather peacefully beside her. Slowly what had occurred the night before began to come back to her, horrifying her even more. It wasn’t that she didn’t have feeling for the blogger, because she very much did. But it made her feel worse for not only lying to the woman but also making her nervous at what she might say if she ever did end up finding out. Yet part of her couldn't help but feel… satisfied. As if she were silently protesting against her hate for supernatural creatures.

It made her feel... conflicted.

Her mind whirled. The very thought of all of this making her feel sick. Taking a breath she would close her eyes, trying to take her mind off of it. Valoire wanted to quit worrying for once, or for now at least, and spend even a small slice of time enjoying this while it lasted, possibly before Jackie would freak out upon waking up.

Life. Life.

Jackie was sleeping peacefully from her night of drinking and partying until she heard the sound of shuffling. Wait shuffling? Her eyes opened and examined the sheets she was under. They were definitely not hers. Jackie sat up quickly, wincing a bit as a massive headache pulsed in her head. She closed her eyes for a bit to lessen the amount of light entering through them to ease the pain, but she quickly reopened them to see where she was. Jackie noticed that she was not in her bed, she was naked, and right beside her was Valoire. The woman was so startled by finding her friend next to her that she shifted herself a little too much off the bed to where she fell off the edge, followed by a "shit".

So now her body and head were aching. What the hell happened last night? The only things that were coming back to Jackie's mind at the moment was the drinking, a scar, some hugging, and then...kissing. Quickly she was able to connect the dots and more than likely some action occurred last night. "Shit..." Jackie whispered. She placed a hand on her forehead, her headache persistent to pester her. The woman couldn't remember what happened past kissing, but some part of her was feeling satisfied so something must've been done right. But the thought that it was Valoire with her unsettled yet pleased her. Jackie didn't know for sure how she should be feeling. So she decided to pretend that she was so drunk that she didn't remember anything from last night. Jackie was a coward this way. The last thing she wanted to do was ruin a perfect friendship.

The blogger slowly stood up from the floor, groaning and moaning from the aches on her butt and her head. Playing it off as casually as she could Jackie found some sweats and a t-shirt nearby to quickly wear and turned to face Valoire, "Morning! Uh-hum I guess I crashed at your place? Woo, that was one hell of a night wasn't it? Although I can't remember what happened past the point when we got to your place. So um I probably should get going...I have...things to do." Jackie didn't want to come off rude since she was trying to leave quickly, but she wanted to go back home and collect herself. The woman could tell that there was a lot more that happened then what she remembered.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As Jackie fell out of the bed before quickly dressing, Valoire had already sat up at this point but kept the sheets drawn up just enough to make sure her scar wasn't visible. As she was more than awkward about the situation, the woman couldn't help but feel somewhat disappointed. Nodding slowly she would hesitantly respond with "Oh, alright. I need to... get to work anyway." Her eyes were locked with the blogger's and a small smile tugging on her lips, but it was proving more than difficult to hide what she truly felt.

Valoire would move quickly, getting dressed in her work clothing to silently walk her best friend out. As they neared the door, she would pull it open and allow her to walk through, murmuring a soft "I'm sorry" before shutting it as soon as possible. Feeling unsteady she would grab the wall, taking a moment to breath before returning to her room to prepare for work.

"Have a nice day!" She called after the latest customer as they left, her tone bloated with false upbeat notes. "So last night went well?" Julian asked her as he stood beside her at the counter. "Kinda of... “ She replied, not looking his way, shifting her weight from foot to foot. “She didn’t find out so I don’t see what else could’ve gone wrong.” With this comment, she grabbed him, tugging him back into the hall that lead to the rest and store rooms, whispering “We… got together last night an…” She trailed of, the vampire’s eyes widening. “Oh Val, this is a rather big step, comin-” She cut him off. “Thats not what I mean. I already know I how I feel about her its just… afterwards…” “You don’t know if she truly meant it or if she simply did it while drunk.” Valoire gave a slightly defeated nod. “I’m not sure what to tell you…” He sighed. “But what I do know is that you need to take off for the rest of the day and go exhaust yourself. You’ve been moving ever since you got in this morning. Remember that they opened their facilities to you.”

Life. Life.

Jackie returned Valoire's soft smile with an awkward one. This was certainly a weird situation. Usually on a night out Jackie was the first one to wake up, which then allowed her to quietly walk out. But now she was the one to wake up second and she couldn't leave unnoticed. The woman averted her eyes away as her friend readied herself for work. Although there was no meaning in her eyes looking away considering she had already seen it all.

Quickly they made there way to the door and said their goodbyes. But right before Val closed the door after Jackie she noted a soft apology from her friend. The blogger was about to respond back but Val was too quick. A soft sigh escaped Jackie's lips once the door was shut. Throughout the journey back to her home so many thoughts were swirling around her mind it increased her headache. Jackie certainly needed the time alone for some recovery.

In her darkened bedroom, Jackie laid there contemplating about her choices and what to do now. At the current moment she wished that it had been someone else she did it with so she could consult with her friend, Val, on what to do, but since it was Val that it happened with...that knocked that option out. Jackie needed to talk to someone about this. It was something she has never dealt with, and she was seriously lost on how to proceed. The woman decided to see if perhaps others online has had similar experiences as hers and how they proceeded with it. Not surprising to the blogger, Jackie found many forum pages filled with people discussing about similar situations but different way in how people moved from it. A lot of them were alike in a way where they slowly drifted away from their friends. It was an impulsive thought to Jackie that maybe she should consider stopping their friendship. But immediately another part of her shut down the idea. If there was one thing Jackie was sure about was that she did not want to lose her friend.

Seeing as there was no help from the internet, Jackie closed her laptop and lied there once more. She decided to think it through once more. So her and Val did it. The memories of what happened were somewhat fuzzy yet clear to understand. And one thing Jackie did remember was the words she said to Val. "I love you." What the heck was she thinking? But then she thought about those words again. It was rare for her to say those words. In fact she had never really said them to anybody. So did she mean them? It would have made things a lot more easier if Jackie had a quick and definite answer, instead she released a sigh and decided to come back to that concept.

Who could she talk to about this? Not Val. The internet didn't help. And the last thing she wanted to do was talk to someone she worked with. Finally a person came to mind, although Jackie wasn't all too sure if she wanted to consult with her mom on what just happened. But since there was no one else to turn to Jackie decided to give it a try. She searched for her phone, but then realized that it was not with her. "Shit..." Her phone was back at Valoire's place, along with her clothes. Jackie looked down to the shirt and sweats she was wearing. They were Valoire's. "Damn...I need to return these...and I need to get my phone...uuugghh..." Jackie closed her eyes for a few minutes, finally feeling the medicine kicking in to alleviate her headache.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

After a good nap Jackie convinced herself to get up and get moving. First she removed the clothing she wore and washed them quickly. She didn't want to return dirty clothes. As they washed she took another shower, ate a somewhat late lunch, and tided herself up. Her headache wasn't completely gone, but it felt numb for the most part.

Once the clothes were washed and dried, Jackie promptly left her condo but not all too excited. In fact she was nervous. Obviously she was remembering too much and thinking too much about it. How will she respond to her friend? She didn't want to make them feel awkward. Although at the current moment the blogger felt as though that is how the situation may turn out.

Well the woman didn't have much more time to think as she reached the door to Valoire's place. With a deep breath and a shaky fist, Jackie knocked on the woman's door half of her wishing she was not there and another part wishing she was.

Last edited:
After a while, Valoire had found herself distracted. She wasn't sure if it was the sudden influx of customers that entered the cafe, the jog she had gone on after words, but the events that transpired during said jog would be quick to change that.

Often she took Julian's advice simply because not only had gone through something similar (albeit easier) but he also had seen a thing or two during his long and everlasting life. And so it wasn't a surprise that she had left work easily, changed into something a bit more comfortable, and began to jog. Val began slow at first. A nice pace. But slowly that began to increase. It was hypnotic almost, honing in on the rhythmic sound of her feet hitting the pavement. As she got lost in a trance almost, she couldn't stop herself before running into someone.

“I’m sorry!” Val cried as she collided into them, the person in question thankfully not falling over but rather not being phased it it much if at all. “Figured I catch you out here.” A familiar gruff voice spoke up, looking down at the small woman. Not able to fight back a grimace, she glanced up at Cedric Verdi, the alpha of the local werewolf pack. “You know you’re welcome to use our facilities anytime.” He continued. “I’m aware…” She murmured back, slight discomfort within her tone. She had gone there once or twice, but the reaction recieved was a bit… unwelcoming to say the least. “Look…” Cedric sighed. “I know what happened last time wasn’t… encouraging, but you know you can’t hole up in your room for three nights. You’d either go insane due to the confinement or bills from your landlord to cover damage costs.” They both knew he was right.

“Fine…” Valoire eventually caved after a moment of silence, beginning to head in the direction of her home. “I’ll try and head over there.” He nodded, following. “Good. I already spoke with your boss, I want to see you tonight if possible, tomorrow afternoon at the latest. This is going to be your first moon without the medication to suppress so you’re going to begin withdrawal in a few hours.” She… hadn’t thought about that. “Right…” She muttered, not looking back at the aging man. He just didn’t want another legal problem on his hands.

The two had made it all the way to her house, he following her inside and closing the door behind her. “Despite what you might think.” He sighed. “I’m not just doing this because I don’t want more paperwork and press on my hands.” With that he would turn, exiting through the front door just as Jackie was about to knock. Cedric would eye her momentarily, a bit of recognition sparking in his eyes. “You’re that anti-supernatural blogger, huh…” the werewolf chuckled as he walked past her. “Dangerous game you’re playing, kid.” Calling over his shoulder he said “Remember Valoire. Tonight or tomorrow afternoon, no later.”

Val approached Jackie immediately, eyes wide. “I-I didn’t think you were going to show…!” Hopefully she wouldn’t have to explain too much…

Life. Life.

So Jackie's headache reappeared once more. This time in the form of a man leaving Valoire's place. But it wasn't just any man. She was all too familiar with this man. The blogger had to be. The man before her was Cedric Verdi, an alpha of one of the packs around. Jackie gritted her teeth, an instinctive response of hers whenever she spotted a supernatural. Although this time hate wasn't the only thing boiling up inside of her, but jealousy? Jealousy though? Why jealousy? Well the blogger's creative mind quickly created a story thinking that perhaps her friend decided to have some more fun, but this time with a man who was a SUPERNATURAL. Was she doing this out of spite? Sure Jackie may have said that she didn't remember much, but in fact she remembered a lot!

Her eyes stared down the werewolf as he walked away, a slight huff of anger leaving her mouth when he said that he'd like to see Valoire tonight or tomorrow afternoon. She then redirected her attention to her friend who was clearly surprised to see her. Jackie was silent for a moment thinking of which side of her should respond. Turned out her jealousy side was clearly still present and wanting to dominate the interaction. "Well once I realized I left my phone and clothes at your place I felt that it would be nice to return your clothes when I came to return for them. Although...it seems as though you were...busy," a slight hiss was added to the word, "I'll just quickly pick up my things and take my leave. I can't be holding you back from tonight. That'd be rude of me." Sarcasm was clearly added to the last part of her dialogue as she weaved her way around the woman in front of her.

Jackie was quick to place the clothes she borrowed on Valoire's couch and to retrieve her items from the guest bathroom. She walked back to the door, ready to exit but not before her heart decided to speak out without the consultation of her mind, "I guess I was not good enough for you." From these words it was clear that Jackie remembered almost everything last night, something the woman wasn't exactly ready to share. A blush of embarrassment flared up on her cheeks and the tips of her ears once she realized what she said. She cleared her throat, uncomfortable and just embarrassed, "Uh-hum I'll just go now."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Shit. Jackie had taken him being over the wrong way. “Busy! I-I’m not- I had just gotten home from a jog an…” Valoire trailed off, Jackie’s words stinging harshly. Wincing as she said them, the woman simply leaned back against the wall, keeping her gaze off the woman as she returned the clothing and gathered her things. As she neared the door, once more drilling into her, she had been about to leave when she looked up. Expression pleading. “Please… that isn’t what is sounds like…”

But then what WAS it? It wasn’t as if she could play this off, or even worse, explain what he was actually talking about. Val was out of ideas and the thought of digging herself into a deeper hole wasn’t all that pleasing for that hole was most certainly going to be her grave.

Not offering a response, seeing as she didn’t have one she was willing to give, she simply slid down the wall she was leaning against looking away from the door. Wholly expecting Jackie to turn and walk out, slamming the door behind her and not looking back. It was after all why they were friends, how strong willed and bullheaded she was compared to the complete opposite that Val was. Hell, now they couldn’t even be more far apart.

Life. Life.

Jackie was ready to leave. She had her hand on the doorknob, ready to slam it dramatically after her and one foot out the door. So why was she hesitating? Her eyes looked over to see Valoire sitting on the floor, clearly distraught. Normally Jackie would've quickly dismissed it and walked out, but this wasn't a normal situation. This was her best friend and someone she cared about. Seeing her like this bothered Jackie. Although there was still some anger, jealousy, and confusion floating around in Jackie, but then there was concern too.

Clearly the situation was different from what Jackie assumed and that was what Valoire was trying to tell her. Should she let her friend offer an explanation? There would be no reason for to lie, so why not? The only thing that was bothering Jackie the most was that it was Cedric Verdi that left the building. If it had been anyone else Jackie may have been okay, but a supernatural? What was Valoire doing around them? Jackie knew that her friend didn't share so much of her ideals, but she never saw her to be with one.

"Y'know...sometimes I jump to conclusions too quickly...that's when I need a good slap," Jackie glanced back to Valoire, finally calming herself to become a somewhat reasonable human being. The last thing she wanted to do was feel guilty leaving Valoire the way she was right now. And then there was also the confusing feelings that Jackie needed to sort out with her. Clearly running away each time was not going to help so she needed to stay a little longer to figure them out, if she could, within this interaction. "I'm...s-s-s-...well shit it was much easier to say when I was drunk...I'm sorry. Perhaps I misinterpreted the situation. Although I can't help but wonder why you had Cedric Verdi, an alpha of a werewolf pack, here," Jackie sighed then looking away from Valoire, bringing herself back into the building, but keeping the door cracked open, "Perhaps I should start accepting that you might like them. Maybe so much so that you want to date one. I guess last night was just a whim?" A dramatic side of Jackie was now showing, although it wasn't as though Jackie hasn't already been dramatic during the whole time.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

When the door didn't slam and the blogger lingered in the doorway, Val couldn't help but feel somewhat surprised. Why hasn't she left yet? It wasn't in her nature. If she was being completely honest, none of what had in past 24 hours was. But here she stood, not budging from her spot. It caused her to shift a bit where she sat, slowly moving so she could look at the woman who now glanced down towards her. Concern clearly mingling with the jealousy, confusion, and anger in her eyes. All of those... did she truly have feelings for her? Was it too early to tell?

"It's not your fault..." she responded after a moment, finally deciding on a partial explanation. "Cedric is just... a family friend is all..." it wasn't a complete lie, as she had known him a little while she was much younger, he having apart of her father's little poker group he hosted every other weekend. "He hadn't seen me since the accident." That was also more or less true. But her final comment caused Valoire to turn her head away on a more. She didn't think it had been on a whim, or didn't want to at least. Yes... she had been drunk, but there could still be something between them, couldn't there?

So.... why not find out.

"Jackie." Valoire began softly, breathing slowly as to carefully woke up to what she wanted to express. "Last night... had been one of the best nights I've had since the accident." Still her eyes remained away from the blogger's, not sure if she could trust herself to look into them and confess what she did.

Life. Life.

So Jackie was exaggerating the details again. He was simply a family friend coming to check on her, that is all. This lessened some of Jackie's anger and jealousy but the emotions were too raw for her to simply dismiss them quickly. But then the next statement completely cleared her mind and accelerated her heart beat. It was so sudden due to the surprise it brought to the woman. Did Jackie hear Valoire right? Or was she simply trying to imagine the words she wanted to hear from Valoire? What should Jackie think of that night as now? She enjoyed it herself as well, right?

Her eyes turned back to look at Valoire, but her friend's eyes were elsewhere. More than likely it was difficult for the woman to say. Something different of Valoire to speak out. That was usually Jackie's thing. Jackie's heart continued to flutter wildly. There was nothing else that Jackie could think of at the moment but to also speak her truth on how she felt. Softly she shut the door closed tight before crouching down to Valoire's level.

"Last night was also one of the best nights I've ever experienced. And I have had many fun nights as you know."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Jackie's silence make her feel worse. After her actions this morning, was this only making it worse? But as the door shut and the sound of shifting fabric indicated that she had couched down beside her, the words she spoke next made her breath catch in he throat. Any movement halted completely. Val's heart began to race. So it hasn't just been the alcohol...

Slowly she turned to face the blogger, her expression not only surprised but clearly hopeful. This morning must've been because of how sudden it all was, as she never knew her to ever have a relationship that lasts more than a night.

Thinking hastily, and knowing that she could push off meeting Cedric till tomorrow afternoon, she would ask "Are... y-you free tonight...?" A ghost of a smile was on her lips, as if anticipating her answer.

Life. Life.

Jackie waited in anticipation as soon as the words left her mouth. Her heart was nearly beating out of her chest and her palms were sweating. She began feeling some doubt in how this may go. But some part of her also felt great in speaking the truth out. Especially from all the lies and exaggeration she has put into her writings, this truth telling felt wonderful.

And it felt even more great when Valoire finally looked at her with a surprised, yet hopeful expression. This was just one of the many expressions Jackie wanted to see on her friend, not sadness or pain. A small smile showed on Jackie's lips as she heard Valoire's question. "Fortunately I am free tonight. What did you have in mind?"

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As the woman smiled back, saying that she was, Valoire's smile grew larger. This was the last thing she had expected to come up tonight, but it was the best thing that could've happened. "Maybe..." she spoke without thinking. "Instead of clubbing we could try something a bit more... subdued. A nice restaurant perhaps?" She passed up the offer and waited hopefully, hoping she would agree.

Life. Life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back